Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Zavala said:

Mega super jumbo Godzillatron

Considering it’s placement above the longhorn emblem cut out of the stands ( which does resemble the female reproductive tract) we can call it tittytron or “the tits” for short. Their mesmerizing power over us will approach that of an omniscient being. 

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So some seats in section 1 and 32 are going away if those party platforms are accurate.

32 doesn’t matter those are now student general admission they’ll just take over the new non club seats.  It’s going to piss of a lot of old timers in section 1 though but I bet they can work that out.  I love the new design.  Not a party platform fan but it at least it doesn’t look cheap and the Lower stands are truly bowled in.

I keep wondering why they are leaving a gap in the NE between the current East side and the new NEZ.  It seems like they could have extended the suites all the way around and had a party deck or platform above them for fans or even the LHN studios.

50 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

my guess is seats stay the same or close but the party platforms and suites allow for higher attendance and ticket sales like cowboys stadium.

I like it. I like it. A sneak attack on aggy. They won’t even know it until it happens and we again have a higher record attendance.

50 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Are those platforms going to be students-only? 

I remember answering a bunch of questions about “table suites” on a platform/party deck that came with a bar table and 4 bar stools in a shared area or something like that in their season ticket holder survey so I’m going to guess that those will be sold as a premium or at least be considered club seating”

12 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I like it. I like it. A sneak attack on aggy. They won’t even know it until it happens and we again have a higher record attendance.

aggy crammed 110k into kyle one year when they had only finished one side of their stadium.  We’re not going to get close to that record unless they fully bowl it in like the original plans (which would be stupid with declining attendance nationwide).

Now they might increase capacity to be bigger than aggy who reportedly has 2600 or more seats than our current setup but honestly I believe CDC when he says they haven’t really calculated it because we wouldn’t be adding anymore run of the mill basic seats.  The additional seats will all be club, platform, suite or party deck type seating and the basic bleacher seating will likely go down when they mess with the end zone bleacher and tie it in with sections 1 & 32.  If we simply wanted to have more seats than aggy we could, but that would serve no purpose other than having more than them for a time (until they re-stripe their seats again) and I’m glad our administration isn’t thinking like some of our dumbass mouth breather fans.

This project is mostly about functionality for our players/coaches, selling more premium seats/suites, and giving DKRTMS a much needed update from the bland looking end zone eyesore that is the student bleachers and thrown together LHN platform (not that the LHN platform was necessary but the current one is just visually awful).

• Like 1

I think something that might be getting lost on some is that these "party platforms" are areas where far more people will be able to attend the game and count towards the attendance record as pointed out by @ImissWallyPryor. With pyle field only having so much space that  can be used as such space for such concepts. Aggy already has it set up so that each "seat" is really nothing more than standing room only, thus the real reason why "no one ever sits down at one of their games."

I have always thought that Rice needs to think like this and put in massive recliner like seats with big armrests and lots of leg room between the 10 yard lines in their stajium

make them the widest most comfortable and functional seats in all of sport

and being Rice probably some "study decks" where you can close off the noise for a bit while having a group study session

8 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

aggy crammed 110k into kyle one year when they had only finished one side of their stadium.  We’re not going to get close to that record unless they fully bowl it in like the original plans (which would be stupid with declining attendance nationwide).

Now they might increase capacity to be bigger than aggy who reportedly has 2600 or more seats than our current setup but honestly I believe CDC when he says they haven’t really calculated it because we wouldn’t be adding anymore run of the mill basic seats.  The additional seats will all be club, platform, suite or party deck type seating and the basic bleacher seating will likely go down when they mess with the end zone bleacher and tie it in with sections 1 & 32.  If we simply wanted to have more seats than aggy we could, but that would serve no purpose other than having more than them for a time (until they re-stripe their seats again) and I’m glad our administration isn’t thinking like some of our dumbass mouth breather fans.

This project is mostly about functionality for our players/coaches, selling more premium seats/suites, and giving DKRTMS a much needed update from the bland looking end zone eyesore that is the student bleachers and thrown together LHN platform (not that the LHN platform was necessary but the current one is just visually awful).

I'm guessing those concrete areas can be sold as SRO and break any capacity record they want.

3 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Is there a rendering of the outside so we can see just how well it will match the north and east sides?

Someone mentioned earlier that we should demolish the west side upper deck. Is that even possible without imploding the lower deck?  I can’t imagine how, but I’m no civil engineer. 

Well, I’m in section 1 right next to section 2, row 69. So give me a heads up before imploding anything.

• Like 1

• blacklab changed the title to Its happening (stadium renovations)