Now Giant Hornets from China

Moby Ric

14 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Why aren't we killing these?  Some sort of misguided "live and let live" thing?  Food chain stuff?

Vaccuum them, set the pod on fire and submerge it in the Marianas Trench.

My guess is that this is how they think they can most effectively get all of them. Vacuum them out when they should be back during the day, but if they destroyed the nest/tree (fire, pesticide) it is possible some are away or that some might flee and not die.

They can Vacuum and then monitor to see if any stragglers show up and capture those.

Then nuke it from orbit.....It's the only way to be sure.

15 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Why aren't we killing these?  Some sort of misguided "live and let live" thing?  Food chain stuff?

Vaccuum them, set the pod on fire and submerge it in the Marianas Trench.

I think the vacuum killed a lot of them, and they are cutting down the tress to get the young ones out, and check if any queens left (however that works).

I'm guessing that fire/chemicals/etc. would alert the hornets something was up, whereas the vacuum would suck them out without alerting them to something crazy happening (fire/chemicals).

Also, if the hornets can release chemical traces that can alert others, vacuuming them out doesn't give them a chance, and could keep such chemicals confined (probably talking about my ass (but I remember how ants, etc. could release chemical traces to alert their brethren).

43 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Also, if the hornets can release chemical traces that can alert others, vacuuming them out doesn't give them a chance, and could keep such chemicals confined (probably talking about my ass (but I remember how ants, etc. could release chemical traces to alert their brethren).

We should try that with the Cloak Room and the EOT thread.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Poking a hole in the web tent with a long pole allows wasps in to eat the worms.  I had friends that used to take a long bamboo pole and poke the tents up and down the street in Hyde Park. It worked.

Where's the fun in that?

I had a hornets nest outside my daughter's window. Spectracide hornet and wasp killer is legit. Even though I was shooting up about 15' feet, they started dropping like... well, hornets. Wiped out a nest of maybe 15 in about 3 minutes. Came back and sprayed it just to be sure, but that stuff was killer.