AMMO THREAD

Handcruser

2 hours ago, 4th and 5 said:

you spent your entire social security check on that

Some of that ammo is 12 years old, so the purchases have been a box here, a box or two there. A lot of it was .18 cents a round.

Shot up a few hundred over the years, and gave several hundred rounds to my son & DIL after gifting them my first Ruger SR9 & S&W Shield.

Edited by Armybrat

So I read my original post, partly to see how far things had gone downhill.

Cabelas and Basspro are now your friends. Weird how that happened.

I have alerts at a lot of places but have only gotten a few notifications. There is no doubt that when they get ammo in, employees+friends+family are getting filled first. Maybe not every shipment, but it’s happening.

Deer calibers have started flying off the shelf. A few weeks ago I got a cheap savage axis in 308 and started stockpiling 308. I’m up to about 500 rounds (300 fmj and 200 good stuff).

If you’re in Texas Academy is your best bet. Their pricing is still good and they get stuff in on the reg. I love Academy. They could be price gouging the fuck out of us and they aren’t. Props to them.

LGS’s have nothing. You might walk in and find something that day but it’s going to be crazy pricing. My LGS was selling blazer brass ball the other day for $28 per 50. I usually paid $169 for 1000 from Natchez. But that was the first 9mm they had gotten in in 2 months.

Academy
Set alerts at some online vendors
Check Basspro and Cabelas daily.

That’s the best plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Hook 'Em 2

When I bought my G3C at the Research Academy a month and a half ago, the guy behind the counter told me "they" line up every Monday morning 30 minutes before the store opens, sprint to the ammo shelf and buy up everything they have. They had a 200 box of 9mm in the back for me because I was buying a handgun - $50. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Zero handgun ammo at my closest academy this morning. Grabbed a box of some random .270 win 130gr because they didn’t have what I normally shoot and wanted at least 3 new rounds for the season. (I bet I’ve averaged 5 rnds a season the past 5 years. Don’t hobby shoot with the tool like I used to. 3 zeroing in T -1week and 2-3 rnds for season)

No steel duck shot either, I was hoping to grab a few more boxes before the winter rush, but should have plenty from past seasons. Dove/target load out the yingyang as expected.

22 hours ago, BayouBill said:

IMG_20200903_140459.thumb.jpg.40dfd3f43f715ba772dab3948d7ce0c9.jpg

50 of each 556 and 9mm from GT. Never have bought the law enforcement federals before. 

It's basically premium ammo.  Good stuff, not what you'd want to run through at the range.  What I'd keep the guns loaded with when at home or carrying.  Notice the +P = zippier/hotter round.  Will have more felt recoil than basic ball ammo.  FYI.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/2/2020 at 3:12 PM, Armybrat said:

Yeah, the neckbeards are still active with the hoarding.

glad to see the store can still do right for a firearm purchaser. That’s a very fair price in today’s market.

saw this one for sale at the CP store...

A0F3BF4A-C970-43E5-B954-9DEB4E89C206.jpeg

Does that shoot through schools?

Ammoseek.com is legit. Thanks for that. Did inventory yesterday and I’m sitting about 5700 rounds between 5 calibers. Just ordered 1100 more rounds in 5.56 and 40sw. Going out to the farm this weekend to get everything on paper. Laser boresight is nice but it’s time to wear our my shoulder between the BMG and ar10. 

On 9/3/2020 at 1:40 PM, Llano Estacado said:

Zero handgun ammo at my closest academy this morning. Grabbed a box of some random .270 win 130gr because they didn’t have what I normally shoot and wanted at least 3 new rounds for the season. (I bet I’ve averaged 5 rnds a season the past 5 years. Don’t hobby shoot with the tool like I used to. 3 zeroing in T -1week and 2-3 rnds for season)

No steel duck shot either, I was hoping to grab a few more boxes before the winter rush, but should have plenty from past seasons. Dove/target load out the yingyang as expected.

Is this the one East of you, or North of you.     Need to grab some stuff in the AM.    Guess I'll be shooting the Wbys this year, I've got plenty of ammo for them.  

9 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Is this the one East of you, or North of you.     Need to grab some stuff in the AM.    Guess I'll be shooting the Wbys this year, I've got plenty of ammo for them.  

SG Ammo has plenty of good hunting rounds for the most popular centerfire rifles (for deer, elk, etc.). Great pricing if you are in a bind for hunting season. 

1 hour ago, Reagan1k said:

SG Ammo has plenty of good hunting rounds for the most popular centerfire rifles (for deer, elk, etc.). Great pricing if you are in a bind for hunting season. 

I guess one good thing about owning 10 "deer" calibers is you can always find one to shoot?   I've got a few newbies in over the last year that I haven't nailed in the ammo yet.  That was more my concern than just finding something to shoot.   I'll take a look at SG though, thanks.  

9 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I guess one good thing about owning 10 "deer" calibers is you can always find one to shoot?   I've got a few newbies in over the last year that I haven't nailed in the ammo yet.  That was more my concern than just finding something to shoot.   I'll take a look at SG though, thanks.  

Yeah- my definition of “most popular” is skewed by my being a caliber whore.

SG has offerings that are popular to ME! 

They’ve got a ton of stock -  chambering in WBY, Ackley, old Savage... Plus stuff like  .307 Win, .257 Bob, 35 Whelen etc.  Give it a look- especially if it’s just a box  to run down the pipe. 

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I just want a specific brand hunting round and some subsonic 300 bo. I have a shitload of supers I guess I have to deal with that.

Try SGAmmo.com for the hunting rounds and LehighDefense.com for some .300BO subs.  Lehigh makes incredible ammo and they show to have the subs in stock.

On 9/5/2020 at 3:21 PM, CHIEF said:

1000 rounds of 22LR 40 gr. for $167.00 shipped,

That's crazy but it you don't have it and want/need it that's the price.

I was paying $60 for the 2 pack(1k rnds) of these last fall and winter at WM before TSHTF.  They work great in a S&W  M&P15-22.

m-22-sub-brand-feature.ashx?h=481&w=791&

17 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Looks like they sold out on the 300 bo. I will keep trying SG ammo and ammo seek for hunting rounds. I need to buy some wildcat caliber gun I guess.

Some stock on which I just got an alert via AmmoSeek.com

.300 BO

.300 BO

Freedom Munitions also shows to have some reman and I've had good luck with them too.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody needing ammo and traveling I45, stop off at Buffalo Sporting. They are stacked. And if you happen to be traveling up 79 toward ETx stop off at Porter’s as they have even more. Bring your wallet and some lube.

Lol at the $16.99 for 20 pack of AE 55grn FMJ 223.