My dog will die tomorrow.

hundredTT

5 minutes ago, hundredTT said:

My dog is my best friend. It is not close. When she came into my life, I was going through some issues and she became my Best friend. Transparency- I’m and alcoholic and my dog would sleep with me, go for walks, go fishing, she is just amazing and helped me in ways I couldn’t have imagined. My precious (dog) girl can’t eat or walk anymore. I’ve been crying more than I thought was. possible for the last hour. Pets really are special. Taking my special girl to die tomorrow literally has made me throw up, but I will man up. 

Good on you for being there for her tomorrow.  Far too many people don't do that.  All she wants is to be with you.  And you've given her a good life.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Been there, done that twice. 

Two of the shittiest days of my life. 

Will probably have to do it again with Zeus this summer.

Damn dude, I went through the same thing with Rocky a couple of years back and I don't think I could handle it again.

Even though we finally broke down and got another one last year, it still hurts like hell.

53 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Dogs are the best kind of humans

They are and if evolution was perfect dogs and humans would have the same lifespan.  My dog, first pet ever, is now 6 and I have no idea what I'll do without her keeping me in check.  

sorry @hundredTT.  

3 minutes ago, SDG said:

They are and if evolution was perfect dogs and humans would have the same lifespan.  My dog, first pet ever, is now 6 and I have no idea what I'll do without her keeping me in check.  

sorry @hundredTT.  

Mines only 4 and Im occasionally struck with the morbid realization of "she's already 1/3 through her life" and it gives me momentary, existential crisis.

She has barley moved the last 2 days, and just now walked to me and I picked her up. We are now watching old clips of her life from a pup to now,. She seems so content, and still comforting me in these last moments. Fuck man, I honestly can't imagine life without her. But I can't have her suffering obviously. I'm completely broken. 

Edited by hundredTT
  • Like 2

Damn man. I’m sorry you’re going through that.

My Rocky is a 14 year old Boston Terrier and we’re days or weeks away from doing the same thing. He’s nearly blind from glaucoma, deaf, arthritis in his back and very unsteady on his feet. He’s to the point we have to hand feed him and he sleeps most of the time. Others he will get ‘lost’ in a room and just whine. I really don’t know how to make the decision. Every now and then he gets a little chipper and throws me off. How the hell do you know when it is time?

• Like 3

Damn man. I’m sorry you’re going through that.

My Rocky is a 14 year old Boston Terrier and we’re days or weeks away from doing the same thing. He’s nearly blind from glaucoma, deaf, arthritis in his back and very unsteady on his feet. He’s to the point we have to hand feed him and he sleeps most of the time. Others he will get ‘lost’ in a room and just whine. I really don’t know how to make the decision. Every now and then he gets a little chipper and throws me off. How the hell do you know when it is time?

As long as he is eating, drinking, and generally happy, i would wait. But you're the only one who really knows.

1 hour ago, hundredTT said:

She has barley moved the last 2 days, and just now walked to me and I picked her up. We are now watching old clips of her life from a pup to now,. She seems so content, and still comforting me in these last moments. Fuck man, I honestly can't imagine life without her. But I can't have her suffering obviously. I'm completely broken. 

Goddamn. That's fucking awful. But I admire the beautiful relationship you have with her. God bless. 

So sorry to hear this. We’ve lost four and every one is harder than the last. We now have Eli who is almost 21 months old. I’m turning 59 soon and we’ve made a pact to grow old together.  I know that he’ll honor his end of the deal.  It’s what they do.

I wish I could offer solace but I can’t.  It sucks.  Plain and simple.  Just remember that they gave their all to you and you did the same for them.  

I am so sorry @hundredTT.  

I went through something similar last May when we had to let Abby go after over 16 years in my life.  I am still grieving.  Rini and Harvey definitely help, but Abby was such a big part of my life for a very, very long time.

You will always love them.  Think of the good memories.  It will get better.  

So sorry for your pup.  I"ve been there.  Took me far too long to bring another dog into my life.  It's hard, but don't hesitate, after some time passes, to bring in another canine friend.  But for now, mourn and mourn some more.  They are such wonderful companions.  Again, I'm so sorry.

3 hours ago, hundredTT said:

Brother, my dog walked into a room he’d never set foot in when he was overcome with stomach cancer.  Wedged himself between a bed and the wall at my parents house.  Ready to die.  I came in the room and pet him and told him I understood, and I loved him.   I’ll be damned if that big 120 lb (he’d lost about 35 lbs from being sick) mofo didn’t lumber his ass to the living room and fall at my feet.  We picked him up, put him in the bed of the truck and took him for a ride.   Took him to the vet, and the vet let me pull the trigger on the medicine as I held his paw in the other hand.   It meant the world to him.  Please be there for her.   She knows it’s time, but she needs you there with her as she says goodbye.  It hurts more than anything, but you’ll know she’s ok.   She’ll let you know   

• Like 5

Daughter saying her goodbyes - she is not taking it well + a pic of her as a pup in 2007.

https://ibb.co/Xkf6hDB

My pooch was born in 2007....daughter in 2011. My wife and I tried so many times to get a baby with no luck. We eventually were blessed with our miracle baby. But this pooch means everything to me, we got her when we thought this would be our only "child". Having to put her down tomorrow is killing me, she is my best friend. 

Edited by hundredTT
  • Like 3

The unconditional love of our best friends isn’t free.  They put a lien on a piece of our heart and someday that bill comes due.  On that day, the price seems too high, but after a while, we always realize it was worth it.  

Being there and holding his head in my lap when my boy Major breathed his last is one of the most painful, but most precious memories I have.  

• Like 4

The only thing that sucks about dogs is they dont get to stick around & love us as long as they want to.

Some of y'all probably met Otis when we had the Shag Q cookoff; I was there with him in the living room as we laid him on a big, soft pillow & the vet did what he had to do.

Damn if a 135 lb. German Shedder doesn't almost take a human sized hole in the ground. Even worse when you're digging in the heart of the Hill Country.

Sincere condolences.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Gotta chime in to say that dogs are great. I miss all 5 of my passes on dogs, and I still think about every single one of them often. Best thing you can do is be with her, do what you can to make her comfortable and happy until the end, then get another one. It will NOT be the same, but this new dog with a new personality will help you grieve and will every once in awhile do something that will make you remember fondly the times you had before. 

it sucks, but you’ll get through it, and she’ll always be there in your memories.