D'onta Foreman

dad

This is a prime example of attitude.  He didn’t want to play special teams and his attitude was terrible.  He also fumbled too much.  Did it again yesterday.  He needs to grow up. He was a great college player for 1 year.....that doesn’t translate to success in the NFL.  I hope he figures it out....too much talent to let it go in the toilet. 

Crazy (if true) that D'Onta was not working hard coming off an Achilles injury...

12282.jpg
D'ONTA FOREMAN RB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Texans waived RB D'Onta Foreman.

It's a shocker as some were expecting Foreman, a former Doak Walker Award winner at Texas, to push Lamar Miller for top billing in Houston's backfield. Longtime beat reporter John McClain of the Houston Chronicle believes the Texans were unsatisfied with Foreman's "work habits," noting that coach Bill O'Brien "wasn't happy" with what he had seen from him in training camp. Foreman's departure leaves Houston extremely thin at running back with Josh Ferguson, Buddy Howell and Taiwan Jones among names vying for backup duties behind Miller. Foreman, who barely played last year following a 2017 Achilles tear, should land on his feet quickly.

Houston Texans

SOURCE: John McClain on Twitter

Aug 4, 2019, 8:48 AM ET

Edited by LTtxfan

On 11/20/2018 at 10:47 AM, horn4life said:

I've been waiting to see D'onta get back in the swing of things.  The one thing I know about him is that he will not be outworked from a rehab perspective.  I pray that he has had enough time off and enough rehab to again regain the form he had towards the end of last season.  I decided this year to go all in with the Texans.  Mainly because of D'onta and my former life as a long suffering Oiler fan.  The fact that the Texans shit the bed the first three games actually made me feel at home as a fan.  0-3, that just somehow seemed right for me hopping on the bandwagon.

It was a tough injury, but I hope he can get back to 100% and achieve his potential.  At near 100% he would be the fix for the Texan's running game that could make the next month pretty interesting.

This held up well

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Hope he can straighten up and get his shit together 

Some folks wondered if going to Houston might not be the best place for D'Onta to land in the NFL. There were concerns that problems might occur for him due to distractions of nearby friends and family.

Hopefully a new city will help D'Onta have more success in the NFL...

Fuck Bill O’Brien, fuck the McNairs, fuck Panckes McClain and their apologists at 610 and finally fuck the Texans. Dumpster fire of an organization that will crash and burn this year. D’onta wasn’t given a fair shake ever by buttchin. Pancakes said that D’onta was doing great during OTAs and was in great shape and now they’re waiving him. Pancakes has ZERO insight into the Texans and is a fat, lazy reporter.

How’s not having a GM working for you Cal? Wouldn’t it have made sense to have grabbed another RB in free agency and the draft if decided to get rid of D’onta.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Not that familiar with NFL rosters.  Besides steelers, what would be some of better places he could possibly land?

i honestly don't know..i just follow my steelers.  However on twitter, people are speculating that Houston trades for the Chargers RB that is holding out (Melvin Gordon)

27 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

The shittiest part is that guys like Hill and Foreman hurt guys like ponna when getting drafted.

Funny how no matter draft status of these 3, working your ass off begets success and opportunity, huh? Poona's earned his.

1 hour ago, Harvdog said:

This is a prime example of attitude.  He didn’t want to play special teams and his attitude was terrible.  He also fumbled too much.  Did it again yesterday.  He needs to grow up. He was a great college player for 1 year.....that doesn’t translate to success in the NFL.  I hope he figures it out....too much talent to let it go in the toilet. 

I got negged by you for my fucking opinion. Seriously, that’s a CR move. Weak sauce. The Texans were singing his praises all offseason and now they cut him. Makes no sense. We haven’t locked up Clowney supposedly because he isn’t an “O’Brien type of guy”. What the hell does that even mean. Fake tough with no personality. Buttchin is a fraud and he is gong to get fired hopefully after this season. If they knew, D’onta wasn’t working out, why didn’t they make a move earlier to grab Riddick who was available or Melvin Gordon who is still available. Oh that’s right, we don’t have a GM but Cletus our owner says we have a better, flatter organization. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I got negged by you for my fucking opinion. Seriously, that’s a CR move. Weak sauce. The Texans were singing his praises all offseason and now they cut him. Makes no sense. We haven’t locked up Clowney supposedly because he isn’t an “O’Brien type of guy”. What the hell does that even mean. Fake tough with no personality. Buttchin is a fraud and he is gong to get fired hopefully after this season. If they knew, D’onta wasn’t working out, why didn’t they make a move earlier to grab Riddick who was available or Melvin Gordon who is still available. Oh that’s right, we don’t have a GM but Cletus our owner says we have a better, flatter organization. 

I sit in a section at NRG of guys that bitch all the time.  When we won the division, they bitched.  I finally got so tired of it, I asked them “why do you come here every Sunday, spend $50 on beer to complain and be miserable?”  His comment was “I am a teacher and I have a right to complain if I want”. 

D’Onta’s failure with the Texans isn’t about the coach or lack of GM.  It’s about DF and his attitude.  How is it that people come back all the time from Achilles injuries in 9 months?  How is it that DF didn’t play until December last season?  Simple.  He was out of shape. If your only job is to play football, rehab and get in shape.....you do it.  If you don’t, you get cut.  I think he posted the videos so that the Texans would see him working.  I guarantee you they told him to get his shit together or he would be cut. This shouldn’t come as a surprise to him.  If you want to succeed in the NFL. You do whatever it takes to make it.  DF didn’t.  Plain and simple and he can only blame himself. 

And a a side note, his dad already tweeted that he wasn’t mad at the Texans....they knew. This is on D’Onta. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SurlyBDR said:

Funny how no matter draft status of these 3, working your ass off begets success and opportunity, huh? Poona's earned his.

Yep. The culture of entitlement under Mack and Strong has really hurt the perception of the program in the eyes of the NFL and this has been reflected in the draft. Hopefully the kinda hard working culture that leads to guys like Poona succeeding is what the program has going forward. Herman was always singing praises about Poona and he was elected a team captain and I think the leadership from guys like Poona really allowed the turn around we saw in players like Omenihu.

Edited by Not a Sock

12 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

I sit in a section at NRG of guys that bitch all the time.  When we won the division, they bitched.  I finally got so tired of it, I asked them “why do you come here every Sunday, spend $50 on beer to complain and be miserable?”  His comment was “I am a teacher and I have a right to complain if I want”. 

D’Onta’s failure with the Texans isn’t about the coach or lack of GM.  It’s about DF and his attitude.  How is it that people come back all the time from Achilles injuries in 9 months?  How is it that DF didn’t play until December last season?  Simple.  He was out of shape. If your only job is to play football, rehab and get in shape.....you do it.  If you don’t, you get cut.  I think he posted the videos so that the Texans would see him working.  I guarantee you they told him to get his shit together or he would be cut. This shouldn’t come as a surprise to him.  If you want to succeed in the NFL. You do whatever it takes to make it.  DF didn’t.  Plain and simple and he can only blame himself. 

And a a side note, his dad already tweeted that he wasn’t mad at the Texans....they knew. This is on D’Onta. 

Didn’t know about his dad tweeting that. Sucks if his immaturity is the reason he doesn’t have a job with the Texans anymore. It was just such a 180 from the praises they were singing about him all offseason. I thought him not playing special teams was a coaching decision and not him declining to do so. Listening to sports talk, reading the paper and messageboards and attending Texans games and bitching about them takes a huge chunk of my free time during football season. I’d have nothing to do if I quit caring :)

39 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Fuck Bill O’Brien, fuck the McNairs, fuck Panckes McClain and their apologists at 610 and finally fuck the Texans. Dumpster fire of an organization that will crash and burn this year. D’onta wasn’t given a fair shake ever by buttchin. Pancakes said that D’onta was doing great during OTAs and was in great shape and now they’re waiving him. Pancakes has ZERO insight into the Texans and is a fat, lazy reporter.

How’s not having a GM working for you Cal? Wouldn’t it have made sense to have grabbed another RB in free agency and the draft if decided to get rid of D’onta.

Stupid fucking post.  This is on DF and no one else.  

Well fuck. I guess tweeting during games, not working hard, and leaving early against all advice isn't a good recipe for NFL success. 

Sad because these dudes were from Texas City near where I grew up. Would've been crazy to have him last year and get him in alignment with hard work.

Edited by Zavala

41 minutes ago, smwhorn said:

Stupid fucking post.  This is on DF and no one else.  

What’s stupid is the Texans not realizing D’onta was not going to cut it sooner and have a plan in place for the 2nd RB by grabbing one in the draft or FA. Now we are stuck with hoping one of the new guys brought in will be serviceable. Since the end of last season, they’ve acted like the 2nd RB spot was secure to be filled by D’onta. They have no backup plan in place and have to rely in UDFAs, street FAs, to fill in the void. This is a pattern with this team and it sucks. D’onta is Rick’s final mid round bust for us. Good teams make hay in the 3-4 the rounds to build depth while we routinely flubbed. The 2018 draft was a nice change in that we grabbed Reid and the Justins in those rounds. Too bad we fired the GM who made those picks.

20 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

What’s stupid is the Texans not realizing D’onta was not going to cut it sooner and have a plan in place for the 2nd RB by grabbing one in the draft or FA. Now we are stuck with hoping one of the new guys brought in will be serviceable. Since the end of last season, they’ve acted like the 2nd RB spot was secure to be filled by D’onta. They have no backup plan in place and have to rely in UDFAs, street FAs, to fill in the void. This is a pattern with this team and it sucks. D’onta is Rick’s final mid round bust for us. Good teams make hay in the 3-4 the rounds to build depth while we routinely flubbed. The 2018 draft was a nice change in that we grabbed Reid and the Justins in those rounds. Too bad we fired the GM who made those picks.

Enter another round of Rick Smith! Maybe they are trying to suck bad enough to get rid of buttchin and start over again. I'm sure THIS time trying to be Patriots lite without Brady/Bellicheck will work!

• Like 1

I’m shocked that a Foreman brother had a lazy work ethic in practice and within a team/organization.   Remember when Armanti didn’t start his entire senior year despite being one of the more talented WRs on the team?  Then his dad proceeded to throw Herman under the bus rather than parenting his son on actually giving a fuck and not loafing in practice everyday.  Seems like this may have rubbed off on D’onta.  What a waste of talent.

Edited by victory88
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Fuck the Texans, Fuck Bill O'Brien, Fuck their fans, JJ's Cool. Fuck Tailored Jerseys.

For the record I haven’t tailored a jersey for more than 4 years now and no longer buy Chinese knockoffs. The $99 officially licensed jerseys are what I buy now. They’re not stitched but they have a better fit and don’t need tailoring. Better value and not breaking the law. Win win

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

For the record I haven’t tailored a jersey for more than 4 years now and no longer buy Chinese knockoffs. The $99 officially licensed jerseys are what I buy now. They’re not stitched but they have a better fit and don’t need tailoring. Better value and not breaking the law. Win win

Im sure everyone is relieved to hear this news. 

6 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You're getting negged because your take is fucking stupid and you're calling out and insulting a front office that a lot of us here are fans of. I want D'Onta to succeed as much as the next guy, but despite BoB's shortcomings I definitely trust his opinion on the matter more than anyone on this board and over my own bias of where DF played college ball. 

Wait, you're a Texans "fan"? Even better. 😂

Edited by ztejas

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

This is bad news. O’Brien is well respected throughout the league. His opinion means a lot. D’Onta probably has one last shot. 

Big powerful motherfuckers with speed will continue to get chances in the NFL as long as they maintain big powerful motherfucker with speed ability. 

4 hours ago, Nope said:

Wonder if Kliff picks him up, he certainly got a good look at what he’s capable of.

I bet he doesn’t. I don’t know if it’s perception or reality, but one of the “knocks” on foreman is that he isn’t good at catching the ball. We never really threw him screen passes when he was at Texas, and the Texans didn’t do it very often either. That is a staple in any kliff kingsbury offense. 

32 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You're getting negged because your take is fucking stupid and you're calling out and insulting a front office that a lot of us here are fans of. I want D'Onta to succeed as much as the next guy, but despite BoB's shortcomings I definitely trust his opinion on the matter more than anyone on this board and over my own bias of where DF played college ball. 

Wait, you're a Texans "fan"? Even better. 😂

I’m not a Texans fan, but you trust BoB’s opinion? Seems like you might be in the minority on that one.

I will say, it’s surprising to hear that he didn’t want to play special teams. If you’re a young rb in the league and you aren’t a clear cut starter, usually you’re expected to play special teams. It’s kind of a built in agreement. If you’re going to make the team, and you aren’t a veteran, you better be ready to play special teams.