D'onta Foreman

dad

Leaks had a bad leg injury (thought it was ACL, but maybe Achilles) & was not the same player when he came back.  Expectations were not high for him in the NFL, and I’m pretty sure that his draft position reflected that.

Saxton’s speed made him effective at UT, but he was ver small.

1 hour ago, cochamps said:

Leaks had a bad leg injury (thought it was ACL, but maybe Achilles) & was not the same player when he came back.  Expectations were not high for him in the NFL, and I’m pretty sure that his draft position reflected that.

Saxton’s speed made him effective at UT, but he was ver small.

well we're talking about the most underrated/slept on players in UT history, and from what I understand Leaks was a legit Heisman front runner before his injury. With that being the case he seems extremely slept on when most fans will name 5, 6, 7, or more UT RBs on their all time list before listing Leaks, if they've eve. heard of him. Most of these people would be under 40, but still, that's a pretty large chunk of the fan base. There's plenty of guys from his era who are more well known than he is, when at his peak he was one of the best. 

Edited by Goo Punch

4 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

well we're talking about the most underrated/slept on players in UT history, and from what I understand Leaks was a legit Heisman front runner before his injury. With that being the case he seems extremely slept on when most fans will name 5, 6, 7, or more UT RBs on their all time list before listing Leaks, if they've eve. heard of him. Most of these people would be under 40, but still, that's a pretty large chunk of the fan base. There's plenty of guys from his era who are more well known than he is, when at his peak he was one of the best. 

I thought the discussion was about pro “busts”.  Need to read the thread better before responding, because I completely agree that he is overlooked.  Third in the Heisman, and breaking the single season SWC rushing mark that stood for over 20 years are pretty good skins on the wall.  

5 hours ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

According to Wiki and parts of my memory, Leaks had a good run of 9 years in the NFL.  Primarily as a fullback\blocking back.  Played for the Colts and Bills.  

Yes, but he was a badass runner before the injury.  Not even close to the same player.

• Hook 'Em 1

I watched Leaks go for 300+ against SMU and set a UT single game record that stood until Ricky broke it. He hurt his knee in practice and elected to play rather than take a red shirt year to rehab, which probably was not a good decision, but might have been influenced by Earl coming up behind him. His all around best might have been the 100+ he put up against Nebraska in the Cotton Bowl. He was also UT’s first black All American.

• Like 2

How does one go from skinny guy on the balcony of a sky scraper to being that big in roughly 3 months?

I'm looking to drop some flab and add some muscle and I would be interested in finding the right diet/exercise routine.

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.

• Like 1

How does one go from skinny guy on the balcony of a sky scraper to being that big in roughly 3 months?
I'm looking to drop some flab and add some muscle and I would be interested in finding the right diet/exercise routine.

The pharmacy. The NFL gives players months notice of drug tests for a reason.

15 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Helps to have already been big in the first place.

On 3/11/2020 at 6:15 AM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I watched Leaks go for 300+ against SMU and set a UT single game record that stood until Ricky broke it. He hurt his knee in practice and elected to play rather than take a red shirt year to rehab, which probably was not a good decision, but might have been influenced by Earl coming up behind him. His all around best might have been the 100+ he put up against Nebraska in the Cotton Bowl. He was also UT’s first black All American.

Rosie Leaks all over the field 

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wish him luck and hope like hell for his sake he can stick for a few years and save some $$$. I hate seeing guys that make more money in a few years than a lot of us do in a lifetime go broke within a couple of years out of the league. I know he hasn't made huge money but he's made enough to live comfortably if he plays it smart.

Best chance for him is to get away from Houston area -- too many local folks from his neighborhood bringing him down.  Good coaching at Tennessee hopefully teaches him how to succeed as a professional player.

Hope he learns how to manage his finances better... NFL stands for Not For Long !!!

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Best chance for him is to get away from Houston area -- too many local folks from his neighborhood bringing him down.  Good coaching at Tennessee hopefully teaches him how to succeed as a professional player.

Hope he learns how to manage his finances better... NFL stands for Not For Long !!!

Totally.  I grew up in that town.

didn't know he was on an active roster (or practice squat for that matter).  Good shit happy for the guy to get another chance.  Stumbled upon this tweet when looking for more info on his playing time yesterday since not even the titans website had him listed as getting any stats.  seems to have gotten some good work done in limited time.

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He looks better physically. Guy looked fat and overweight in Houston

yea I noticed that too.  also probably good that he got out of the billy o'brien suck zone.  didn't realize that Vrabel was in Houston when foreman was drafted.  cheap and talented player...coach will take that all day.

23 hours ago, CowboyFred said:

yea I noticed that too.  also probably good that he got out of the billy o'brien suck zone.  didn't realize that Vrabel was in Houston when foreman was drafted.  cheap and talented player...coach will take that all day.

23 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He looks better physically. Guy looked fat and overweight in Houston

Probably has more to do with being young, straight of school, and back home in Houston with a family, friends, and an NFL contract.

Tennessee is a nice spot for him. He is an ideal spell for Derrick Henry. Hope he can stick.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Probably has more to do with being young, straight of school, and back home in Houston with a family, friends, and an NFL contract.

Tennessee is a nice spot for him. He is an ideal spell for Derrick Henry. Hope he can stick.

agreed that this was probably a bad spot for him to be in.

28 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This can’t be stressed enough. Getting drafted by your hometown team is poison for so many of these kids when they first run into having a little bit of money. 

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He looked really smooth in his running. Tennessee would be fools not to keep him around to spell Henry. He may never be a lead back, but it's clear he's still got it. Maybe his time off helped him focus and took that focus and worked his ass off. Glad to see him back. 

Getting away from bad influences from his old neighborhood really should help too...

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Getting away from bad influences from his old neighborhood really should help too...

I agree with that. Hanger-ons are all over him and I have no doubt it made him lazy because he thought all he needed was to be drafted slightly high (3rd round) and he would be safe and stack those checks. I think (hope, really) he sees that's not how businesses work, especially the NFL where you're constantly looking to be replaced with someone as good but at a cheaper price. 

• 2 weeks later...