Things not going well for USPS

Celery Man

24 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

How the fuck is there nothing we can do about this?

It's a well known weakness with Democracy. You have to let the ignorant have a say and as a result everyone is subject to the rule of the ignorant. The Senate will not step in as long as their constituents of Q, retards and Neonazi supporters insist Trump be allowed to Trump.

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

Local and state reps?  How would they have sway over Congress?

Tennessee is passing bills banning crowds, abortions, LGBTQ rights, etc.  Some of this is at the state level and they very much have federal implications.    

13 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Question that I probably should know the answer to - do most military personnel vote absentee?  I know deployed/TDY ones do.  Wondering how they feel about this.

Yes, absentee voting. My two major deployments did not occur during presidential elections so I can’t speak to the process. 

Found a .gov mil Absentee vote site that’s kinda funny. On first glance the acronym/url looked like FAP.gov. Lulz 

https://www.fvap.gov/military-voter

2B78FBC1-D54C-4E8A-A63E-86E947D61D8E.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Question that I probably should know the answer to - do most military personnel vote absentee?  I know deployed/TDY ones do.  Wondering how they feel about this.

Yes. You vote for your home address. I was in Seattle and voted absentee for Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Are you fat? You sound fat.

I mean, yea, but also it really is no joke like a quarter of a mile from my main house down to the road where the mailbox is. You are in California so you probably don't remember how much acreage we have out'chea and how cheap it is relative to California.

Edited by Rougarou

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

What exact good does this view? Honest question. How would I even know my vote wasn't counted to be able to protest? And protest to who?

Who will we protest to when the election is completely incorrect and donald trump is re-elected? You are right fuck it just accept it and roll over. 

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Who will we protest to when the election is completely incorrect and donald trump is re-elected? You are right fuck it just accept it and roll over. 

Lol, don't be bitchy. You've seen me posting, clearly I'm not in denial. I was literally, practically asking the question. How do or have ANY of us at any point in time determine if our vote was in fact, counted? How would you determine yours had not, and then try to find someone to complain and rectify the count? There should probably be a voting registry that shows if your vote was counted or something.  Why would any of us who voted not assume our vote wasn't counted correctly? Again, I'm asking. 

9 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

I mean, yea, but also it really is no joke like a quarter of a mile from my main house down to the road where the mailbox is. You are in California so you probably don't remember how much acreage we have out'chea and how cheap it is relative to California.

If you can't walk a half a mile easily, you need to rethink your lifestyle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol, don't be bitchy. You've seen me posting, clearly I'm not in denial. I was literally, practically asking the question. How do or have ANY of us at any point in time determine if our vote was in fact, counted? How would you determine yours had not, and then try to find someone to complain and rectify the count? There should probably be a voting registry that shows if your vote was counted or something.  Why would any of us who voted not assume our vote wasn't counted correctly? Again, I'm asking. 

no I was literally giving up in sadness not mocking you or being a smartass. I'm just defeated.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Lot of states don't even care about postmark dates. If they're not counted by Election Day they are not valid.  Better just to put on a mask, slosh on some hand sanitizer and vote in person to avoid the shenanigans.

This. It sounds stupid to say in a pandemic, but voting by mail is way more risky than doing it in person at this point. Take advantage of early voting and you’ll be absolutely fine. 

13 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

Better just to put on a mask, slosh on some hand sanitizer and vote in person to avoid the shenanigans.

This is the answer.  Early voting in person.  Each of us needs to impress this upon our close friends and have them do the same.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is the answer.  Early voting in person.  Each of us needs to impress this upon our close friends and have them do the same.

giphy.gif

Well, our close friends who aren't voting for Trump.  I'm not having a single sentence of dialog about the best way to make sure your vote counts with anyone in my family.  I don't want them to vote at all, so when talking to them, I'm going to pretend like an election isn't even going to happen and hope they forget about it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Well, our close friends who aren't voting for Trump.  I'm not having a single sentence of dialog about the best way to make sure your vote counts with anyone in my family.  I don't want them to vote at all, so when talking to them, I'm going to pretend like an election isn't even going to happen and hope they forget about it.

Well yes.  I don't have any friends who would be stupid enough to vote for dotard, but family, absolutely.  Just act like there's no election or that dotard has it in the bag, so they probably shouldn't even bother.  Maybe even try and keep them occupied so they forget to vote.  Whatever it takes.

I'm sure that will be right after they look into the AccuWeather guy being in charge of the National Weather Service. (Barry Myers nomination was stalled, but Trump renominated him).

"Hey! You want to find out if that tornado is about to obliterate your home? Sorry you don't have a subscription! Too bad!"

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

What exact good does this view? Honest question. How would I even know my vote wasn't counted to be able to protest? And protest to who?

I have no idea whether TX does this, but in my state we recently had a vote by mail election, and you could log into the Board of Elections website and confirm that your ballot was received and accepted.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

I have no idea whether TX does this, but in my state we recently had a vote by mail election, and you could log into the Board of Elections website and confirm that your ballot was received and accepted.

LOL... no.

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

17 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Same here. It’s the same place where I check my registration. I live in Georgia, where suppressing the vote is our state motto(Noli numerare suffragio), but we can still effectively check to see if we’ve been disenfranchised.

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Told y'all Trump was going to be "re-elected."   We have had our last free and fair election.  You live in a banana republic now.  Bienvenidos!

military coup. been saying. not sure what it looks like in 2020 ina failing US but thinking its not on the bingo card is just wrong IMO

I’ve got 2 acres and I’m helping my son with his purchase in Bumfuck, Alabama. I understand large parcels and low prices.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Lot of states don't even care about postmark dates. If they're not counted by Election Day they are not valid.  Better just to put on a mask, slosh on some hand sanitizer and vote in person to avoid the shenanigans.

Can we organize to deliver 'mail in' ballots to be dropped off where they need to go?  Honest question.  This is something that could be organized.  I'm looking to do something that actually helps, no offense immamac (kidding, kind of).