Things not going well for USPS

Celery Man

Put this in the other thread:

I share concern about the larger, engineered challenges the USPS faces BUT can someone explain to me the issue of anticipated delays with mail-in ballots when the postal system handles more than 140 BILLION pieces of mail a year, more than 12 BILLION a month. We have 150 million, or so, registered voters, all of whom won't vote. Even if 50% of the ballots are handled as mail-in (where allowed) that represents well under 1% of the normal monthly mail volume! Aside from Trump's shenanigans, the concern here just does/should not add-up.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I'm almost as big of a fan of Liz as Hugo is, but I've got to admit that reading that typo as "orifice" provided a mental picture that will probably haunt my weekend.

(this is Surly, so- still would)

28 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Anyone that doesn’t slurp dotard cock on a regular basis know why mail sorting machines are being removed, but has their been an official reason stated by dotard’s lackey at the USPS, no matter how unbelievable?

Adding to this question, what’s the official justification for the mailbox removal that’s been going around?

Well I guess this is a chance for the postal service to revolt and go above and beyond in getting ballots delivered on time. There are some good people who will attempt to do the right thing in this manufactured fiasco from Dotard. We just have to hope there are enough of them that do it and defy him and the idiots in charge of the USPS. I feel confident that if they do and get fired that Warren will fight for them and will get them their jobs back when Biden takes office. Going to be a pretty damn dicey few months ahead for all of us.

19 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

jesus fucking christ 

By the way, I would be cautious about putting anything important in the standalone blue mailboxes. Even the ones outside a post office unless today’s pickup time hasn’t occurred yet. Nighttime theft is very high with them. Criminals fish mail out hoping to get cash or checks.

walk it inside the post office.

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Harris county addressing the USPS by allowing ballot drop offs during early voting

If Dallas Travis and Bexar follow suit, and trump succeeds in suppressing mail in votes there could be a big shift in favor of dems as rural mail in will be majority republican by a wide margin 

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Harris county addressing the USPS by allowing ballot drop offs during early voting

If Dallas Travis and Bexar follow suit, and trump succeeds in suppressing mail in votes there could be a big shift in favor of dems as rural mail in will be majority republican by a wide margin 

I don’t know if rural Texas will see a mail in ballot problem with these latest changes. The ballots are only being sent to the county seat, and I believe mailed ballots are treated differently anyway. I could be wrong but I don’t think the ballots will be sent to a regional center only to be sent back to that county.

17 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Not to mention but a lot of rural mail now goes to the large regional sorting centers. If I drop off mail at our local PO, it goes to Houston and gets sorted and then returns to my town to get delivered. IOW, it leaves my town in order to go cross town.

This. Unless it's going to the same Zip and put in a local box at the PO, it goes to a regional center. That's the way it is here, anyway.

Maybe. But likelihood of using mail in voting is basically split on party lines. That is the motivation here.

4 hours ago, RPM said:

This. Unless it's going to the same Zip and put in a local box at the PO, it goes to a regional center. That's the way it is here, anyway.

Back in the old days you could just write "City" instead of "Corpus Christi" on a letter going across town.  

Edited by Bullneck

24 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Back in the old days you could just write "City" instead of "Corpus Christi" on a letter going across town.  

Hell, @Armybrat used to just tie it to the leg of a swallow to send it abroad. (African, I believe... not European swallow)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Why would he have to? He’s won.

It depends on how you define won. He’s been wildly successful to date. If we’re talking about restoring our damaged western alliances, tackling the financial/banking system to curtail their mass flow of international illicit cash, and addressing the usurpation of news information platforms/socmed to dump endless divisive/harmful propaganda on us, we’re looking at 5 years from now at least. Let’s make what he and his mob have done to date absolutely not worth it.  Long game.

50 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Hmm, my medicine is taking 2 weeks longer to get to me so I may die from diabetes. Then again, we are owning the libs by slowing down the mail. 

It all makes sense now. Trump killed Wilford Brimley!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Once the sorting machines and boxes are removed, there's little likelihood of them returning. Let's face it, too many Americans are too stupid and too fond of fascist dictators that give them an out group to bully and despise to care. The protests should be not just BLM. Not just the Women's March. Not just the M4A. Not just the living wage. The protests should be all of us, demanding transparency, accountability, and justice.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 7:54 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

Anyone that doesn’t slurp dotard cock on a regular basis know why mail sorting machines are being removed, but has their been an official reason stated by dotard’s lackey at the USPS, no matter how unbelievable?

Still haven’t seen an official explanation so guess voter suppression it is.  You would think they could come up with some lie to try and con people into falling for it. 

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Once the sorting machines and boxes are removed, there's little likelihood of them returning. Let's face it, too many Americans are too stupid and too fond of fascist dictators that give them an out group to bully and despise to care. The protests should be not just BLM. Not just the Women's March. Not just the M4A. Not just the living wage. The protests should be all of us, demanding transparency, accountability, and justice.

Hugo has said it many times and I totally agree. Nothing will get their attention more than a national strike. Why do you think they freaked out so much over the lockdowns?

• Like 2