Have a seat at Bar COVID-19!

RPM

I keep a well stocked liquor cabinet for just such emergencies. Bourbon and Coke Zero are my regular, but being locked down for an extended period it gets boring. Tonight I'm going with Diet 7Up and Hornitos. Not bad if I do say so myself. Diet 7Up is severely underrated. It's better than regular 7Up. Have a good stash of Platinum 7X vodka if the Hornitos runs low.

• Like 1

Jack Daniels, Tito’s, Tequila.

Beer in the cooler on the back patio.  I just keep restocking and re-icing.

Its like I’m living at a BBQ cookoff, minus the generator hum.

And I like a generator hum.  (Not after a Hurricane though)

6 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Its like I’m living at a BBQ cookoff, minus the generator hum.

And I like a generator hum.  (Not after a Hurricane though)

You can always crank up the lawn mower and let it idle in the yard.

Improvise, adapt, overcome.

heartbreak-ridge-clint-eastwood.jpg?fit=

Edited by RPM
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Mixer bourbon and coke zero is my weakness. Sorry liver. 

Jim Beam Black is a helluva bargain. 1.75L are $27 a bottle if you buy a case at Spec's. I prefer Maker's Mark, but for half price, JBB ain't bad.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Jim Beam Black is a helluva bargain. 1.75L are $27 a bottle if you buy a case at Spec's. I prefer Maker's Mark, but for half price, JBB ain't bad.

1.75L of skol vodka goes for about $12.  that's two whole days’ worth of drinking for the cost of an enchilada dinner. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RPM said:

running though handles of 1783, drizly drivers know the no-touch drill for drop off at my crib. 

15 hours ago, RPM said:

If you wanna go cheap, Evan Williams BiB ($21) and Benchmark ($16) are better choices.

We've got a group of 6 guys from HS days A couple live in different god forsaken places in the country.  We have a group text that keeps everyone up to date on what's going on, and is just a general party line. 

Tonight at 6:00 EST we're all sitting in on a social distancing, cocktail hour, and mini music festival courtesy of our bud in Ar-kansas.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

If you wanna go cheap, Evan Williams BiB ($21) and Benchmark ($16) are better choices.

Benchmark is damn good at that price point.  BTrace FTMFW.  

Tonight was classic daiquiris.  Last night, mai tais.  I've damn near kilt my rum supply this weekend. 

Friday was to-go margaritas, then some at-home margaritas, then a bunch of various and sundry bourbons that I don't recall.  Closed Pandora and stumbled to bed at 445, which makes for a ruff Saturday at my age.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

b6ccdc4e68ddb36cc7f829a255cfaccb.jpg
82b02fec78f067f2b87d40d1e9d8bc95.jpg

i don’t drink, but this is my wife’s bar. she’s very much into gin, owning 44 different bottles from all over the world. multiple amari and bitters, including making her own.

i encourage consumption as the benefits of such extend to me later in the evening.

Your wife sounds fun to party with. 

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i don’t drink, but this is my wife’s bar. she’s very much into gin, owning 44 different bottles from all over the world. multiple amari and bitters, including making her own.

i encourage consumption as the benefits of such extend to me later in the evening.

Ahhhhhh a gin joint...

11 hours ago, BigDHornfan said:

Posted this before in the bourbon thread,
But my supply is good for the duration.
So ready to have people over to share though.
Miss my bourbon and cigar friends so damn much. We’ve resorted to Zoom drinking sessions each night around 9:00.
But it ain’t the same.
777a6c666b7ff9a382095f4f34bc9568.jpg

I wanna party with you, cowboy.

Just finished the bottle of Redbreast 15 that had been hiding in the back of my liquor cabinet for 12 years. Well, not so much hiding, but I kept getting gifted new bottles and it never made it into the rotation. I has sad.

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

I like how you hung those glass tiles vertical.

• Like 1