Have a seat at Bar COVID-19!

RPM

Started shifting from homebrewing to getting into cocktails. Built up my bar a bit ahead of this pandemic so been having fun learning new cocktails, using the Death & Co. book as my guide. Have to say, the Oaxaca Old Fashioned is my jam. Highly recommend. Otherwise, on hotter days, we slam Ranch Waters using Desert Door Sotol. 

23 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

First drink in 2+ weeks. Also, first day in ages I haven't taken an afternoon nap. Amazing as I only got 4 hours of sleep last night.

Made a Paloma, but with Empirical Spirits Fuck Trump and his Stupid Fucking Wall rather than Tequila.

It is good.

246597bbd2591500283e95f0bca2f38d.jpg

Now is that the Death Star?  If so, that’s awesome. 

21 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Now is that the Death Star?  If so, that’s awesome. 

18 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Yes, yes it is.  

Awesome.  I have a couple of them, too.  One of those late night drunky-Facebook ad purchases.  And well worth it!

On 4/14/2020 at 6:38 PM, CycleTex87 said:

Ranch water - enjoying as we speak. First time, I’m a fan. 

Ranch waters are great. My grandpa loved them and my grandma didn't tell at him much cause she said it has water. Good stuff

Enjoying some Buffalo Trace and a splash of Topo Chico right now 

I'm here every night. Would like to cut it back to 2-3x per week but wtf else is there to do? 

I like ruby red vodka (Deep Eddy is my personal fave) and sparkling water. I mix them up in a 30 oz tumbler with plenty of ice. It's 70 proof so I get some mileage out of it without getting shitfaced. 

Got bored of manhattans.  Had a few dark and stormies.

Read a LPT on batching cocktails. I now prepare a batch of manhattans - premix 12 oz of whiskey with 6 oz of vermouth and 3 oz of water. Chill overnight then add to a glass with your bitters and whatever else you want to add.

20 hours ago, Wanker Bob said:

Got bored so started to make crazy concoctions and see if anything tasted good. Blended scotch (in this case Johnny Walker gold) with a little ginger ale, a splash of amoretto, and a splash of red bull has been delightfully refreshing. 

Updated this to do 3/4 oz of amaro or sweet vermouth instead of the amoretto. A little more refined taste. 

Another one I did 2 oz bourbon or rye, 1 oz sweet vermouth, 1/4 oz  Alberti amaro, 1 teaspoon either Cynar or fernet-branca depending on which flavor profile you wish to go. 1-2 dashes angostura. Shake vigorously over ice and pour either neat or over a single large cube. Garnish with lemon peel and a luxardo cherry.

Called it "The Faust" in honor of the apparent downfall of our country at the hands of insane and evil greed and incompetence. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Made a Dauphin.

I used Death Star ice, and had no garnishes, but this is tasty. Oh yeah, substituted oat milk for the "coconut almondmilk".1b03106779e248a7abbcfa4d7882c9a8.jpg
Thought I included the recipe.

Dauphin
By Franky Marshall
2 dashes Miracle Mile chocolate-chili bitters
.5 oz Demerara sugar syrup
.5 oz Ancho Reyes chile liqueur
1 oz absinthe
1.5 oz coconut almond milk
Build all ingredients in absinthe glass. Add pebble ice, stir to integrate. Garnish with cacao nibs and star anise.

On 4/14/2020 at 7:37 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Made a Paloma, but with Empirical Spirits Fuck Trump and his Stupid Fucking Wall rather than Tequila.

Looks tasty and all, but wteverlovingf is up with 27% by volume? Has disappoint.

1 oz whiskey (used Crown Royal Single Barrel)

2 oz apple cider (used Angry Orchard unfiltered)

Top off with ginger ale in a rocks glass and stir

Single cherry of your choice. 

So damn good I drank it all before I could take a pic

Edited by Wanker Bob
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 4/18/2020 at 1:22 AM, Baboontyme said:

I'm here every night. Would like to cut it back to 2-3x per week but wtf else is there to do? 

I like ruby red vodka (Deep Eddy is my personal fave) and sparkling water. I mix them up in a 30 oz tumbler with plenty of ice. It's 70 proof so I get some mileage out of it without getting shitfaced. 

I'm sorry, but why  ?

Buddy of mine "created" a drink called Corona-Jeff.  Rye Whisky, a little vermouth, lemon juice.  I have none of those things. 

Kind of like a Man o' War with no triple sec.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 1