Any Oncologist on the board?

Bogeywon

This is Mrs. Bogeywon (no pics assholes 😌) needed some feedback about my dad. My dad likely has some type of bone marrow cancer. He’s getting his bone marrow taken from his hips and tested tomorrow. He has had some other tests done and I have all his numbers. Is there a way to tell what type of cancer he has before they test his marrow? I can’t tell if he’s shielding me from what doctor’s know or can infer or if he really doesn’t have the information. I’m guessing he has leukemia based on my research and his symptoms but he has not suggested that to me. He is blowing it off as “whatever I have is treatable and they said some people can take pills or get shots or choose to get infusions.” I can handle the truth and don’t need it sugar coated if anyone could help.

1 hour ago, Bogeywon said:

This is Mrs. Bogeywon (no pics assholes 😌) needed some feedback about my dad. My dad likely has some type of bone marrow cancer. He’s getting his bone marrow taken from his hips and tested tomorrow. He has had some other tests done and I have all his numbers. Is there a way to tell what type of cancer he has before they test his marrow? I can’t tell if he’s shielding me from what doctor’s know or can infer or if he really doesn’t have the information. I’m guessing he has leukemia based on my research and his symptoms but he has not suggested that to me. He is blowing it off as “whatever I have is treatable and they said some people can take pills or get shots or choose to get infusions.” I can handle the truth and don’t need it sugar coated if anyone could help.

Really depends on the type of cancer - so it’s certainly plausible he’s telling the truth. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I pointed a family member who is an oncologist (and an occasional poster on TOS) to this thread, but they couldn’t register because of the site being down today. I’m not sure if they will try again because they think that the magic died in March 2018.  

[narrator] - it did.