Time to Oust Cornyn

pyrohornIII

On 7/16/2020 at 11:02 AM, Bozo_Casanova said:

I don't believe that particular district has ever been held by a Republican, either in its current form or previously. Dallas County has always been pretty Democratic at the local level. @Ghost of LL - I haven't followed closely since i moved to Austin in 1992. Has there ever even been a GOP majority on the commissioners court?

I think when Keliher was county judge, the GOP had a majority.  The Democratic majority is pretty recent.

15 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Whatever overpaid consultant keeps pushing “spineless bootlicker” and variations of “kick-ass” with Hegar has the easiest job in the world.

Wish I had that job.  I'd throw in an occasional "nutless wonder" and "gutless coward."  But I'm creative, and have all the best words.

Got this text message yesterday. 

Hi, I'm  Kandace with Concerned Veterans for America Action. Heroic Texas veterans deserve to have a leader in Washington who ensures the VA is more accountable to them and health care is better and more accessible. Sen John Cornyn has been that leader and that's why we encourage you to vote for him. Can we count on you to support Sen. Cornyn this November?

it gave me great pleasure to call out that I find it reprehensible that she as a person representing vets would knowingly support an enabler if the president who ignores bounties being placed on our active duty soldiers’ heads and to not count me as a no but a HELL NO.

No response unfortunately, because I thought I had done a great job of starting a mutually beneficial and positive dialog. 

6 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Damnit! No I've got Cornyn ads popping up on Tapa. I'm gonna need to speak to Surly's manager.b0c7135f414319a793feab46d0342c37.jpg

That may actually be a tapa issue and not a surly issue, since if you're signed into the site you don't see ads in the browser interface

• 2 weeks later...

Not a negative post, Cornyn open to stimulus checks for mixed status families. 

“This pandemic has hit all Texans hard, and we shouldn’t make it harder by withholding recovery resources based on the status of a U.S. citizen’s spouse,” Cornyn said in a statement. “The intent of these recovery checks is to provide a lifeline to as many U.S. citizens in dire need of support as we could, and this bill will allow us to help more Texans while we continue to fight the coronavirus.”

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/texas-gop-john-cornyn-covid-relief-checks-stimulus-15467451.php

Edited by StassneyHorn

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Ringleader in trying to establish the truth?  We certainly can't have that.

Exactly. The entire monologue about her right now from the gop is that she wouldn’t play ball with the president that they didn’t have the strength to stand up to. 

im not a KH fanboy, but you could literally put a pedophile goat in a top hat in her spot and rep. couldn’t have a respectable argument against it.

anytime any R says shit, just slap them in the face and silently point to Ivanka and Kushner. 

Edited by Doc Reeves

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

oh no don't ruin our booming economy

it's like some of you don't remember how bad it was in 2016.  farmers were trading WAY too much to China and were not even receiving gov handouts.  Companies were utilizing cheap steel and aluminum to make products at a cheaper price for American consumers.  We never even had to pay anyone to take our oil as the price went negative.  The former president was doing NOTHING to bolster trade by brokering a deal to grant China patents to his daughters or covering up murders so he could sell weapons to the Saudi princes.  you know, real commerce.

yall need to get your 'member berry fix  

Edited by gyroprotagonist
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

• 4 weeks later...

I ended up on this moron's mailing list, so I'm glad he's wasting his money.    

But look at this thing. 

1) Cut red tape.   See the little numeral 1, like it refers to something, like a footnote.   Not  a reference note one on this thing, so no plan.   But cutting red tape always sells, right?

2)  Making it easier for Texas Jobs to come back.  Of course no mention in his or his cohorts roles in why we have so much more to come back from.

3)  Lowering taxes.  See point 1) above and notice the small numeral 2 behind this.  

In other words this fucker has no plan to achieve anything, nor is taking any responsibility for why we are here.  Just tossing out words  that sound good for another 6 years of lining his pockets.

BRW40234323D3E6_000018.thumb.jpg.6ddda3ce9dcd33ead48688bd4cb711cc.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep, those are the gettable votes for him, and he’s going after them.

The genius of his ads is he is clearly distinguishing himself from trump without actually even saying so. He’s basically saying its ok to vote for him even if you vote against trump. His ad talent is good.

If Hegar wants to somehow win she needs to stop talking about herself as a veteran and start talking about how Cornyn voted on issues like healthcare and how she would do differently. Maybe she already has but if so I haven’t noticed and I actually pay attention. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I am voting for the broad purely because I bet, as she was bleeding from a gsw while shooting out of a helicopter to defend her fellow Americans, Cornyn was likely on his knees eagerly waiting for trump to insert his half erect penis in his mouth. Yes he was doing this back in 09.

Edited by HOOKEM4

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

The genius of his ads is he is clearly distinguishing himself from trump without actually even saying so. He’s basically saying its ok to vote for him even if you vote against trump. His ad talent is good.

If Hegar wants to somehow win she needs to stop talking about herself as a veteran and start talking about how Cornyn voted on issues like healthcare and how she would do differently. Maybe she already has but if so I haven’t noticed and I actually pay attention. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZqeMoCfAdzoJ8cRM1icl_y0U_uuG3Q3u/view

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone summarize why MJ is a great candidate to replace Cornyn? I hate Cornyn for a thousand reasons but need some ammunition. Her career progression doesn’t on paper provide a great rationale for why she will be a good senator.

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Can someone summarize why MJ is a great candidate to replace Cornyn? I hate Cornyn for a thousand reasons but need some ammunition. Her career progression doesn’t on paper provide a great rationale for why she will be a good senator.

well, she's not a republican trump sycophant who completely sold his morals down the river. that should be enough for most. if you are trying to convince a trump supporter, i would just forget it at this point. at some point, you just have to vote out the crusty old white man and give someone else a chance. it's like pulling a quarterback who clearly isn't getting it done.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Her lived experience as a generation X working mother and combat veteran brings a much needed perspective to the lawmaking process.  She is a real person with literal scars that can relate to hardships real people are facing today.  Do you want to be represented by someone who understands pain and discrimination first hand or an out of touch 20 year Washington insider career politician? 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Can someone summarize why MJ is a great candidate to replace Cornyn?

She's not, and that's the problem. We literally have no idea how she is going to vote on any issue, no matter what her campaign may say (and they have been deliberately vague). 

Beto at least had a voting record - it was fairly moderate but still a bit too left for Texas 2 years ago. I think today he would crush Cornyn. 

• Like 1

Not that great of a case for MJ so far. I would have thought for such a prestigious position, there would have been a more compelling story on her. I recognize Cornyn sucks, but is this really the best that the Texas Democrats could put up against him, or is there more to her story and posters are just being typical smart asses?