RIP Brian Dennehy

BigDHornfan

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

damn solid career

his daughter killed it in ST:TNG 

zomg the upstart Cmdr Riker Rival was Callahan's daughter.  Where would I be w/o Surly?

53 minutes ago, Hate said:

I thought Gandolf was The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings. And that dude is pretty old. He may make the list before the year is out.

My view of Dennehy was kinda like Capt Picard and Gandalf.  They've always been old and alive so I subconsciously thought they were immortals.

1 hour ago, Hate said:

I thought Gandolf was The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings. And that dude is pretty old. He may make the list before the year is out.

But seriously, yeah, Ian McKellan - Gandalf (Lord of the Rings) - He's 80.    Dumbledore (Michael Gambon) from Harry Potter is 79.  Patrick Stewart is 79.

This year is going to be brutal for death pools.

spacer.png

Edited by atomheartbevo

If I had me last double Dalwhinnie, I'd pour it all oot on the groond fer ya, big mon, and slowly.

Those of you of a certain age remember when you saw 10 the first time.  You're lying if you say you didn't identify with Dudley Moore's character.  And who was his perfect consigliere actoss the bar?  Mr. Dennehy fitting into that role like a virus glove.  After Bo and Dudley, Brian's understated role made that movie for me.  And then decades later he got to squeeze on that fine body in Tommy Boy.

Sorry to know you've rung down the curtain but thank you for making my life better for the stories you put before my eyes and ears.

Cue the Ravel, maestro.

Edited by Bama Llama

4 hours ago, BornOrange said:

There were actors in "10" other than Bo Derek, Bo Derek's body, Bo Derek's hair, and Dudley Moore?

I guess I am going to watch it again........for the millionth time.

You are so right.  Blake Edwards at his best, nearly every scene a gem. The pastor, the dentist, the shrink, the hedonist across the valley from Dudley, the great Julie Andrews fer chrissake . . . , Robert "Ole Stick" Webber, Sam (Flash Gordon) Jones, Dee (the Howling) Wallace, Mrs. Kissell breaking wind and the poor great dane.  All witnesses to what happens when a middle-aged man is suddenly enslaved by an obsession.  But what a sublime obsession.  Beauty is truth and truth beauty.  That is all ye know on Earth and all ye need to know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BornOrange said:

There were actors in "10" other than Bo Derek, Bo Derek's body, Bo Derek's hair, and Dudley Moore?

I guess I am going to watch it again........for the millionth time.

I  remember Bo Derek running down a beach. There was more to that movie?