Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

On 4/25/2020 at 7:53 PM, Longhorn said:

What is the risk at this point?  LHF says they will reimburse tickets and donation if no season/games. No?

Risk is also tying up your $ unnecessarily. Lot of uncertainty out there and UT has a far bigger war chest than average donor does. I liken it to paying taxes early. I trust myself with my money than the government holding it for me.

I figure worst case I can get back into this next year if I want but for this season I am sitting out. As noted above this year is also to some degree a perfect storm: Poor showing last year, zero sense of positive momentum, craptastic home schedule, CV19 making it to where sitting next to 100k people seems a bit reckless until vaccine/mass antibody testing in place etc etc

I have the feeling that over the next 12 months the economic losses from O&G and CV19 will blow out a lot of donors. Seats will be available next year at significant volumes.

• Like 4

This week's Forty Acres Insider email.    Nothing new,   just repeat of policy with reminder that 1 May is deadline.

EXTENDED SEASON TICKET RENEWAL DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, MAY 1:
It's also the final week for renewing Football season tickets with our extended May 1 deadline approaching. As I’ve said many times, we are beyond grateful for the passion on display by our loyal season tickets holders who are investing in our program by renewing. We know there are many more to come, and as we’ve said before, but to be sure everyone knows, rest assured that should the season get cancelled, or significantly altered, we will make an exception to our standard no-refund policy. Our dedicated Longhorn faithful will have the choice to have their investment returned, or to convert it (including the ticket cost) into a charitable contribution to the Longhorn Foundation. That said, we are in full preparation mode for an exciting Football season, so we hope you’ll make your plans to be with us this fall!

• 2 weeks later...

I am one of the poors.  CDC confirmed it for me this morning by offering me the opporunity to buy tickets for away games with this one caveat:

Due to the limited number of tickets allocated to the University of Texas, tickets for the September 12 game at LSU will only be available to donors at designated giving levels. All other season ticket holders interested in attending the game should purchase through the official resale partner of LSU Athletics - StubHub.

I'm not too broken up about it b/c I know these tickets will be the worst in the stadium.  Finding a reliable person to sell me tickets on the secondary market is somewhat concerning though.  If this game even happens. 

• 4 weeks later...

So what are the theories out there for how tickets might be distributed if the reduced capacity holds? Lottery by section? Donor levels? How on earth will donations be handled? If I only got Kansas tickets would I be paying the same percentage of my full donation as the person who gets OU? What a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ZB'Tejas said:

So what are the theories out there for how tickets might be distributed if the reduced capacity holds? Lottery by section? Donor levels? How on earth will donations be handled? If I only got Kansas tickets would I be paying the same percentage of my full donation as the person who gets OU? What a mess.

I'm pretty sure they'll just set the capacity at the amount of season tickets purchased and skip single-game sales. They sold like 60k last year. Between COVID and no LSU game there will be significantly fewer renewals, I'd bet below 50k. There's your capacity. I guess they'd probably have to move some people into different sections, but I'd imagine they'll do it within the same pricing tier, which is probably allowed in the fine print.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So I guess Armybrat will be going to the games trying to hold up his jitterbug flip phone to get in

Found a picture of Armybrat's mobile phone...

old_mobile.jpg

Edited by LTtxfan

My issue is that I have had several occasions where I have tried to buy / exchange tickets via mobile apps outside the stadium and couldn't get a PDF to download due to the cell signal.  I have to confess I am on Verizon which seems to be crap in Austin but this has happened several times.  My only solution was to go stand in line at the ticket office and get them to print a hard ticket.

8 hours ago, TexasGary said:

My issue is that I have had several occasions where I have tried to buy / exchange tickets via mobile apps outside the stadium and couldn't get a PDF to download due to the cell signal.  I have to confess I am on Verizon which seems to be crap in Austin but this has happened several times.  My only solution was to go stand in line at the ticket office and get them to print a hard ticket.

Downloading before leaving is the new check pockets 7 times that paper tickets are with you.  

• Like 1

No doubt this is a big time cost savings for them. I like the idea of mobile tickets as an option but I still want the flexibility of paper ones for many of the reasons mentioned above (lack of service at game time leading to issue transferring tickets) Just as frustrating for me is getting an email with a link to download season tickets? Might as well just buy them off StubHub at this point.

On 7/1/2020 at 10:22 PM, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So I guess Armybrat will be going to the games trying to hold up his jitterbug flip phone to get in

On 7/1/2020 at 11:19 PM, LTtxfan said:

Found a picture of Armybrat's mobile phone...

old_mobile.jpg

3D060B96-57EE-413E-87C0-51D09F536CA8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yep. My grandpa whittled the wood candlestick after taking the parts from a wall phone. 
He also was the owner/operator of his small hometown telephone exchange duringthe WW1 era. The whole system was battery powered because the town had yet to be electrified.

Grandpa's central phone office about 1918 - he is at his desk. Note the gas lamp on top of the old rolltop.

1FF90E29-DB68-47EA-BF4A-9637A2E91664.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 9

I do not understand why people pay the AD for parking. Find a metered spot in West Campus/North Campus and walk. 20 minutes to go feed the meter once while tailgating. Burns off some of the beer and traffic getting out is way easier. And of course saves a boatload of money.

I do not understand why people pay the AD for parking. Find a metered spot in West Campus/North Campus and walk. 20 minutes to go feed the meter once while tailgating. Burns off some of the beer and traffic getting out is way easier. And of course saves a boatload of money.

Paying extra for parking is new though correct? I thought i just got to select parking passes as part of the renewal

I think this was started under Patterson. It used to come with the package, but suddenly it was "unfair" that sometimes these spaces went unused or (the horror) were given to friends of the ticket holder. 

But yeah, it's just another of Patterson's efforts to squeeze every penny while ignoring the product.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 7:30 PM, 927 E. 41st said:

I think this was started under Patterson. It used to come with the package, but suddenly it was "unfair" that sometimes these spaces went unused or (the horror) were given to friends of the ticket holder. 

But yeah, it's just another of Patterson's efforts to squeeze every penny while ignoring the product.

Yep I upped my donation level for my seat selection in order to get parking.  Then they took the parking away.  I could have been paying a couple of hundred dollars less for my donation if it wasn’t for the parking and have been grandfathered into my seats with a lower donation but the parking fucked me.  It is what it is but they definitely fucked a lot of people over with that shit.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Zone Read said:

Its showing San Jax and Manor both have availability and I choose in 10 minutes.  Both same price.  Not sure which to get.  Seats in 107 (if there is a season).

I normally get yellow to have a surface lot for tailgating and its easy to get out but got fucked this year because I am sure all the pink lot people took yellow.  there basically will be no tailgating scene except for Navy.

I chose San Jax to stay out of the clusterfuck work zone on the south side.  plus my tix moved closer to north end 2 years ago when they flipped east side for students

13 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Yep I upped my donation level for my seat selection in order to get parking.  Then they took the parking away.  I could have been paying a couple of hundred dollars less for my donation if it wasn’t for the parking and have been grandfathered into my seats with a lower donation but the parking fucked me.  It is what it is but they definitely fucked a lot of people over with that shit.

I'm glad I didn't do that when my ability to get Lot 80 went away with patterson's bullshit. tailgating in the university lots is basically dead unless you can get Navy.

53 minutes ago, Zone Read said:

Its showing San Jax and Manor both have availability and I choose in 10 minutes.  Both same price.  Not sure which to get.  Seats in 107 (if there is a season).

did you get Manor?  I was told it was only for suite holders even though it was showing available.

22 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

did you get Manor?  I was told it was only for suite holders even though it was showing available.

Although Manor was showing 70 spots available yesterday I don't think you could actually select them as they were being saved... maybe for those that have accessibility needs?

I used to get Yellow all the time as well but stopped in the last few years and instead just Uber back and forth. My confidence is low that the season will happen so even buying parking in a shitty garage to sell later seems like a fruitless effort. This is going to be such a beat down.

Edit: A quick check on StubHub and people are asking $367 for Purple $400 for East Garage and $1500 for Navy.

Edited by ZB'Tejas

3 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Although Manor was showing 70 spots available yesterday I don't think you could actually select them as they were being saved... maybe for those that have accessibility needs?

I used to get Yellow all the time as well but stopped in the last few years and instead just Uber back and forth. My confidence is low that the season will happen so even buying parking in a shitty garage to sell later seems like a fruitless effort. This is going to be such a beat down.

I called the office to see if they'd manually give me manor and the guy on the phone said being held for Suite Holders only.  probably some suite holders got pushed from pink so they were worried they might run out of close parking.  the mack years of 2000-2009 tailgating were the best 10 years.  its pretty much fucked now and only going to get worse.  

8 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Edit: A quick check on StubHub and people are asking $367 for Purple $400 for East Garage and $1500 for Navy.

Crazy that anyone would buy a scalped parking pass this year.  no way to get your money back if it gets cancelled. 

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I called the office to see if they'd manually give me manor and the guy on the phone said being held for Suite Holders only.  probably some suite holders got pushed from pink so they were worried they might run out of close parking.  the mack years of 2000-2009 tailgating were the best 10 years.  its pretty much fucked now and only going to get worse.  

Manor is an absolute whip anyway... I've parked there a few times and unless you can just leave your car there or continue to tailgate for a few more hours post game you basically just sit in line trying to get out forever.

But agreed on the tailgating scene, everything is under construction and all those lots of the past are gone. Saving grace for me has been hanging around the fountain and the LCL pre game if not the Alum center.

7 minutes ago, Longhorn said:

Have they said if there will be an opportunity to trade up seats? Or is that on hold due what options they may have to only go X% of fans in stadium?

Just like you mentioned... they asked if I was interested in seat relocation and just said they are waiting until they know more about capacity limits before offering this later in the summer.

37 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

I got 2 for Dallas as well, wonder if those will be refunded if worst comes to fruition.

state fair is cancelled as of today.  actually might make it easier to have the game since it will just be people going to the game but who knows.

On 7/4/2020 at 12:24 PM, gmr548 said:

those spots dont really exist anymore.  the city really got sneaky around 2015. I know you are talking North Campus, but there used to be metered spots on 16th 17th & 18th St between Congress and San Jac. From 2009-2013/14 I parked there all the time, get in around 7a and leave whenever, plus the city didnt collect on Saturdays so it was free parking.  starting around 2015 the city started removing the metered parking (partially construction related reasons, and probably partially greed that was right about the time you started having to bid for the state parking lot parking spots for tailgating).    you can even go on google maps and pull up the pics from earlier years and see all the metered parking, then right around 2015 they all started disappearing.   

Now its pretty much all parking garages and not much street parking at all in that section.  plus the metered parking there is, is 4 hour max.   almost all our games are 4 hours.  and for sure 4 hours from walking from there to the stadium and getting out of the stadium and back again to reload. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN