Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

those spots dont really exist anymore.  the city really got sneaky around 2015. I know you are talking North Campus, but there used to be metered spots on 16th 17th & 18th St between Congress and San Jac. From 2009-2013/14 I parked there all the time, get in around 7a and leave whenever, plus the city didnt collect on Saturdays so it was free parking.  starting around 2015 the city started removing the metered parking (partially construction related reasons, and probably partially greed that was right about the time you started having to bid for the state parking lot parking spots for tailgating).    you can even go on google maps and pull up the pics from earlier years and see all the metered parking, then right around 2015 they all started disappearing.   

Now its pretty much all parking garages and not much street parking at all in that section.  plus the metered parking there is, is 4 hour max.   almost all our games are 4 hours.  and for sure 4 hours from walking from there to the stadium and getting out of the stadium and back again to reload. 

There's still metered street parking west of Congress along those same E-W streets, as well of some of the N-S like San Antonio. I've parked there most frequently in recent years. The meters expire at 6, so leave your tailgate for 10 minutes to go feed it once after 2pm and you're good for a night game, or make sure you leave a little early to feed it before a 2:30. It's really not much of a hassle. Still free on Sundays so you can leave the car if too many beers are consumed.

And of course west and north campus options.

What if I do not have a smartphone, or if my battery dies on game day?
For issues in advance of game day, please contact Texas Athletics Ticket Sales & Services at 512-471-3333, and we will assist in troubleshooting the problem. On game days, please visit our box offices at the venue and present a valid form of photo ID that matches the name associated with the account. We recommend fully charging your smartphone before you arrive.

Ticket FAQ

Edited by TexasGary
link

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

My older brother (flip phone user) just called that number and talked to a rep who took his info so he can receive some kind of paper ticket.

Even though I have a smartass iPhone8, I’ll be making the same request.

I share my tickets with family members and occasionally friends. I’d always rather have physical tickets, so I’ll be making that request for several reasons (I just discovered that my flip phone isn’t “smart,” whatever that means). 

3 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I share my tickets with family members and occasionally friends. I’d always rather have physical tickets, so I’ll be making that request for several reasons (I just discovered that my flip phone isn’t “smart,” whatever that means). 

(I just discovered that my flip phone isn’t “smart,” whatever that means). 

Uh....it's not the phone.

• 8 months later...

They took their sweet time this year. I'm pretty iffy on renewing because the schedule sucks and I won't be able to make ULL, which is possibly the best game (lol). But I do like my seats and would like to have them in the future, and the implication that required donations are about to go up with the "lock in your seat-related gift" bit does make me think about it. 

3 hours ago, woohorn said:

Even with the schedule, parking is going to suck this season.

Parking is only going to get worse from now on.  As is close-in tailgating.  It'll all, as we knew it, be at an end by the close of the 2020's.  

Having said that, Happy to loan out my parking pass to anyone who wants to pick me up and drop me off for home games.  

1-FA29787-C5-F3-48-DE-8-F25-A4-F4-EA78-C4-B0.jpg

8-FD51448-EA8-C-407-A-ABB1-7-CA7602-FE05-C.gif

i don't see that implication as anything new.
gotdam that home schedule, but whatevs. take my money.

I don’t have it in front of me, but the language was essentially if you renew this year, your seat related gift is set as long as you keep your seats. To me, the implication is fuck around and find out if you pass and try to come back in a year when Bama comes to town.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I don’t have it in front of me, but the language was essentially if you renew this year, your seat related gift is set as long as you keep your seats. To me, the implication is fuck around and find out if you pass and try to come back in a year when Bama comes to town.

I hope that’s all there is to it. I didn’t want to take any chances last year, so I kept my seats and let CDC keep every penny. I have no doubt last year was a one time exception. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

Parking is only going to get worse from now on.  As is close-in tailgating.  It'll all, as we knew it, be at an end by the close of the 2020's.  

Having said that, Happy to loan out my parking pass to anyone who wants to pick me up and drop me off for home games.  

I hope the new grassy area between mlk, or 19th if you wanna be a dick about it, and the Capitol where north congress used to be is ok for tailgating, because that would be cool. 

9 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

I hope the new grassy area between mlk, or 19th if you wanna be a dick about it, and the Capitol where north congress used to be is ok for tailgating, because that would be cool. 

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

Uh, when was the last time you drove by there?   Ain’t no more grass anywhere around there.  

The Capitol Mall, or whatever it's called, will eventually be grassy, but doubt that will be ready for this year. And yeah, I think it will be a cool tailgating spot.

https://public.earthcam.net/tJ90CoLmq7TzrY396Yd88JkxJPz7ILezv9dPgrzrQZ0/tx_capitol_complex/1801_congress/view_1

https://www.tfc-ccp.org/project-overview/site-plan-schedule/

Edited by LonghornSean

My bad, thought you were talking about this year when it's just a staging site for construction.  Yeah, should be really nice eventually with lots of green spaces. 

I'm hoping I can convince the Blanton people to let that contiguous pedestrian area up between the buildings also house events before football games outdoors.  And then have that carry over to Speedway which will feed the E-W pedestrian corridors down to DKR-TMS.  

But that has already taken all of the parking it's going to take, right?
WTF? Last year was less than half capacity w construction. This year should be close to full capacity with construction.

Parking this year is going to really fucking suck this year.

Maybe you are just going to have to trust me on this one, sport.

31 minutes ago, woohorn said:

WTF? Last year was less than half capacity w construction. This year should be close to full capacity with construction.

Parking this year is going to really fucking suck this year.

Maybe you are just going to have to trust me on this one, sport.

You seem to be wound a little tight.  Are you getting enough fiber in your diet?

You seem to be wound a little tight.  Are you getting enough fiber in your diet?
Lost my long-held Navy parking last season even with diminished cap. I can't imagine how low I am going to get dropped now. I can't handle parking with the poors-the door dings alone...

You need one of those VIP ones.  They just wave you through every checkpoint.  You even get to slalom through those barricades they have right up against the stadium.  

UCLA is all over my ass to renew, but they still can't say for sure what the seating/capacity situation is going to be.  I love the "renew now to guaranty your seats!"  I am going to wait them out a bit.  I'll take my chances someone else isn't going to gobble them up.

15 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I hope that’s all there is to it. I didn’t want to take any chances last year, so I kept my seats and let CDC keep every penny. I have no doubt last year was a one time exception. 

The way I read it is if you renew this year your seat related part is locked in for life. Starting next year for new season ticket holders both the ticket price AND seat related gift price can change year to year. So I don't think you want to fuck around and find out. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, hornbri said:

The way I read it is if you renew this year your seat related part is locked in for life. Starting next year for new season ticket holders both the ticket price AND seat related gift price can change year to year. So I don't think you want to fuck around and find out. 

aggy has been indexing donations for decades. A friend of mine was president of the 12th Man Association, and he mentioned back in the 90s that his required donation increased by some odd amount that year due to indexing. I promised myself at that moment to never let my donations lapse, no matter how bad things got. A decade ago, I inquired about signing my seats over to a family member, and they told me they would have to donate several thousand more annually. I’m sure it’s higher today. 

7 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

A decade ago, I inquired about signing my seats over to a family member, and they told me they would have to donate several thousand more annually. I’m sure it’s higher today. 

My dad says the dumbest thing he did when he got our season tickets in 1996 was to put them in his name instead of mine. I believe the tickets can be transferred freely to a surviving spouse, but at some point both my parents will gone and I’ll be faced with forking over a ton more money to get halfway decent seats somewhere in the stadium.

• Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, South Austin said:

My dad says the dumbest thing he did when he got our season tickets in 1996 was to put them in his name instead of mine. I believe the tickets can be transferred freely to a surviving spouse, but at some point both my parents will gone and I’ll be faced with forking over a ton more money to get halfway decent seats somewhere in the stadium.

I've had that same thought more times than I can count over the years, except my seats and donation level predate any of my kids. If I had thought of doing it during the Mackovic years, Bellmont probably would've done it for a one-time contribution of $5,000.

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
Verb tense...thanks Mrs. Wilson

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 10:12 PM, SaucyJack said:

1.  Son marries daughter prior to Bama Game

2.  Profit

This is how you get in the Bama section.

I was looking into renewing today and noticed that the LHF donation I let them keep last year carried over to this year. So if you let them keep all or part of your donation, that knocks down the cost of renewing. Knowing it's ticket price only, I'll probably renew despite the lackluster schedule.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 1:13 PM, gmr548 said:

I was looking into renewing today and noticed that the LHF donation I let them keep last year carried over to this year. So if you let them keep all or part of your donation, that knocks down the cost of renewing. Knowing it's ticket price only, I'll probably renew despite the lackluster schedule.

Wait what? Are you sure? I was in the process of renewing and let them keep my donation last year but still owe the whole amount. Perhaps you allowed them to apply last years donation to this year versus keep for their own use.

Edited by ZB'Tejas

Wait what? Are you sure? I was in the process of renewing and let them keep my donation last year but still owe the whole amount. Perhaps you allowed them to apply last years donation to this year versus keep for their own use.

Dunno. There was no seat related donation required for my renewal, which was not the case historically. I just assumed it carried over.

Perhaps it’s a clerical error and/or I’m about to be really pissed off when my seats have been moved after they were very explicit about that not happening for opt outs.