Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

whats the language around locking in seat donations?  I have only had my seats for about 5 years and I always assumed prices would be going up eventually

As long as you renew each year your donation portion will stay at its current levels. New ticket holders and people who move locations have to move up to the new donation min.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

As long as you renew each year your donation portion will stay at its current levels. New ticket holders and people who move locations have to move up to the new donation min.

Word on the street (actually maybe in this thread) is that that may not be the case a lot longer, but that when it happens any existing season ticket holders would be grandfathered in….

2 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Will the donation go up if you move seats in the same section you already had? 

6 hours ago, allrightallrightallright said:

whats the language around locking in seat donations?  I have only had my seats for about 5 years and I always assumed prices would be going up eventually

They added this to the emails this year: "This is the final season to lock in annual seat-related gifts for years to come. If you have ever wanted to upgrade your seat location or add seats, this is the year to do it.

Not sure if the south EZ cleared it out or if a lot of individuals/companies bailed last year and aren’t coming back, but there’s some really good inventory left on the lower east side on the north side of the 50 (south is now all students)...

Are you on the west side? I’ve had some seats on the East side upper deck midfield about 10 rows up, and I love the view of the game. it’s like watching the All-22 film. I like it better than a lot of lower deck seats I’ve sat in. Im thinking about shooting for similar seats just on the west side this year. 

East side, pretty much exactly what you describe and love it for the same reasons. West side probably a little better just because of the sun but not sure it’s worth paying significantly more for when I feel like the value we get now is good.

So I logged into the seat selection portal to poke around this morning, despite it not yet being my time slot, and I noticed our normal seats aren’t listed on our account and they’re shown as unavailable. Anyone else run into this? Perhaps they’ll show up once it’s my turn?

It was made explicitly clear on multiple occasions that you’d be able to retain your seats if you opted out of 2020, don’t really want season tickets somewhere else for more money or shittier seats. Pretty disappointing if they’re not honoring that.

So I logged into the seat selection portal to poke around this morning, despite it not yet being my time slot, and I noticed our normal seats aren’t listed on our account and they’re shown as unavailable. Anyone else run into this? Perhaps they’ll show up once it’s my turn?

It was made explicitly clear on multiple occasions that you’d be able to retain your seats if you opted out of 2020, don’t really want season tickets somewhere else for more money or shittier seats. Pretty disappointing if they’re not honoring that.

Maybe an issue? I opted out of tickets last year and when I log in it shows my same seats from 2 years ago.

My bad, thought you were talking about this year when it's just a staging site for construction.  Yeah, should be really nice eventually with lots of green spaces. 
I'm hoping I can convince the Blanton people to let that contiguous pedestrian area up between the buildings also house events before football games outdoors.  And then have that carry over to Speedway which will feed the E-W pedestrian corridors down to DKR-TMS.  

Uh, when was the last time you walked by Blanton. Ain’t no contiguous pedestrian area anymore. Some rich fuck gave money and new shit is going in there. I’m talking between the main buildings of the museum. There’s still the grassy area by the rainbow igloo.

Def agree on speedway. But considering how many hoops we jump through just to have a cocktail hour for faculty to “conduct research” at a symposium I doubt the school will ever open up speedway for tailgating.

4 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Could be that since they're still your seats, when you, or anyone else, login to the portal to browse they aren't shown as available because the seat locations are still yours.

We had seats last year, but normally, when you logon for your timeslot, your previous seats are already in your cart. You don't have to select them first.

I’m not renewing my tix for the first time in 2 decades.  Part because it’s a painful experience, part because it’s harder and harder to rally good tailgates with the short window for calling game times, but mostly because half the games are 7p or later. That’s bullshit.  College football should never start later than 5pm in my book.  Some P12 games kick at fucking 8p.  That’s ridiculous.  And the other main reason is my seat mate, my soon to be 18 year old son, is really only down for 3-4 games per year.  And he’ll be off to college after next year.  We’ll easily pick up 3 good games at the Rose Bowl and we’ve already booked a trip to the UDub game to look at the school and then go to the game.  I’ll still go to plenty of games, but obligation to go to every game regardless of time or opponent is something I may have aged out of.  I’ll watch the 7:30 game against Fresno St on tv at home.

Edited by Sbbruin

3 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

I’m not renewing my tix for the first time in 2 decades.  Part because it’s a painful experience, part because it’s harder and harder to rally good tailgates with the short window for calling game times, but mostly because half the games are 7p or later. That’s bullshit.  College football should never start later than 5pm in my book.  Some P12 games kick at fucking 8p.  That’s ridiculous.  And the other main reason is my seat mate, my soon to be 18 year old son, is really only down for 3-4 games per year.  And he’ll be off to college after next year.  We’ll easily pick up 3 good games at the Rose Bowl and we’ve already booked a trip to the UDub game to look at the school and then go to the game.  I’ll still go to plenty of games, but obligation to go to every game regardless of time or opponent is something I may have aged out of.  I’ll watch the 7:30 game against Fresno St on tv at home.

When Ucla hires the next GOAT Neuheisel, you’ll regret that decision. 

• Haha 1

My selection time is in about an hour.  Currently in upper west side 107 chair backs.  Want to stay in the same price range, thinking about bench seats in the lower bowl in one of the higher rows in section 7.  I'm getting older and have had some scares at the dermatologist office, so I really don't want to be in the direct sun any more than I have to.  Advantages over current seats are don't have to do a dozen escalators to get to upper deck and earlier shade.  Disadvantages are sight lines aren't as good and no chair backs.  Any other things to consider?

Edited by Zone Read
typo

My selection time is in about an hour.  Currently in upper west side 107 chair backs.  Want to stay in the same price range, thinking about bench seats in the lower bowl in one of the higher rows in section 7.  I'm getting older and have had some scares at the dermatologist office, so I really don't want to be in the direct sun any more than I have to.  Advantages over current seats are don't have to do a dozen escalators to get to upper deck and earlier shade.  Disadvantages are sight lines aren't as good and no chair backs.  Any other things to consider?

I’m section 2 row 50 something. Best seats I’ve had. I would not want to be too far under the overhang as it seems airflow diminishes more than I’d like. I cannot tell you where that occurs though.

Pretty easy in, easy out. We are close to the exit and ramp too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

I’m section 2 row 50 something. Best seats I’ve had. I would not want to be too far under the overhang as it seems airflow diminishes more than I’d like. I cannot tell you where that occurs though.

Good to know. I've been in the Terrace Club/LL for the past few years and was going to make a change to the West side lower. Probably will look at Section 7 mid way up. I know I'll miss the setbacks and the club access but being in the shade in Sept will likely be worth it. Plus I feel like it's less transient fans on that side.

On 6/17/2021 at 11:13 PM, GTNY said:

They added this to the emails this year: "This is the final season to lock in annual seat-related gifts for years to come. If you have ever wanted to upgrade your seat location or add seats, this is the year to do it.

that's how I read it as well, whether you stay or move anywhere, the current price is locked in. Which is the opposite of "if you change your seats at all, you'll be locked into the new, higher price forever"

Also, if you get too low, you’ll get more sun for longer. Of course section 2 and 7 gets a different angle.

I’m close to seatbacks which helps if you prefer to be stepping over other persons rather than being stepped over. Unlike other sections with a two way go, there’s a railing between section 2 and the chair backs so it’s one way in and one way out.

I stayed seated except for one trip to concessions/toilet. I prefer closer to that rail for that reason.

I would assume there’s a railing on the north end too.

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

I’m in section 1 right next to section 2, row 69. It does get a bit warm up there if no wind is blowing. Have had those seats for 30+ years.

My parking selection is in about 20 minutes.

14 minutes ago, Zone Read said:

Well, officially moved from Section 107 row 13 to Section 7 row 70.  Hope this was a good idea.  Gonna miss the chair backs.  But not taking 13 escalators to the stratosphere for the first time in 20 years isn't going to suck.  And shade.  

I'm in Section 7 Row 59; your seats will likely almost always be in the shade.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, allrightallrightallright said:

I'm in Section 7 Row 59; your seats will likely almost always be in the shade.

That's kind of what I figured.  Are your seats always in the shade?  If not, what time do they usually get out from under the sun?

On 6/19/2021 at 10:51 AM, gmr548 said:

On 6/19/2021 at 12:52 PM, ZB'Tejas said:

Maybe an issue? I opted out of tickets last year and when I log in it shows my same seats from 2 years ago.

On 6/19/2021 at 2:57 PM, LonghornSean said:

Could be that since they're still your seats, when you, or anyone else, login to the portal to browse they aren't shown as available because the seat locations are still yours.

We had seats last year, but normally, when you logon for your timeslot, your previous seats are already in your cart. You don't have to select them first.

Evidently because my seats were through the young alumni program (2019 was my last year of eligibility) I was going to have to re-select seats in 2020. I opted out before the seat selection process, and I went back and checked because I thought that sounded like bullshit, but I did indeed renew without a seat location then. So partially on me for missing that then, but also very on brand for Texas athletics to try to back door that one in there without notification either year. It certainly would've impacted my renewal decision. But now I can't get any money back so I might as well play ball. 

Question for west side upper deck folks - do you have to take escalators? Are their stair/ramp options? Always kind of enjoyed walking up the ramps n the east side and don't really want to be crammed on an escalator with a bunch of sweaty people in a poorly ventilated space.

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Evidently because my seats were through the young alumni program (2019 was my last year of eligibility) I was going to have to re-select seats in 2020. I opted out before the seat selection process, and I went back and checked because I thought that sounded like bullshit, but I did indeed renew without a seat location then. So partially on me for missing that then, but also very on brand for Texas athletics to try to back door that one in there without notification either year. It certainly would've impacted my renewal decision. But now I can't get any money back so I might as well play ball. 

Question for west side upper deck folks - do you have to take escalators? Are their stair/ramp options? Always kind of enjoyed walking up the ramps n the east side and don't really want to be crammed on an escalator with a bunch of sweaty people in a poorly ventilated space.

Going down from the west side upper deck you can take the ramps, never tried going up.  Over the past 20 years at least 2 or 3 times I've seen the people hired to maintain crowd control get careless and allow too many people to enter one of the escalators going down.  A bottle neck formed at the entrance to the next escalator and people started to fill up the landing, with people having no where to go when stepping off the previous one.  Good times and CSB.

5 hours ago, Balcones said:

How does this work?  If I pay XXX per seat donation in Section 6 and I want to move to Section 5 do I have to pay the going rate for seat donation in Section 5?  Or just the ticket price?  I dont understand this seat upgrade program.

You have to pay whatever the going rate is for the ticket and the donation in your new section….

5 hours ago, Balcones said:

How does this work?  If I pay XXX per seat donation in Section 6 and I want to move to Section 5 do I have to pay the going rate for seat donation in Section 5?  Or just the ticket price?  I dont understand this seat upgrade program.

You have to pay whatever the going rate is for the ticket and the donation in your new section….

I'll defer to you resident construction experts.  But upon looking through the SEZ today, I don't see how in the world that thing is gonna be completely delivered in 9 weeks.  I'm sure they'll finish out the suites and club level to meet the requirements of those donors.  But I think some shit's gonna be left undone by LA-Lafayette (student seating, concession areas, etc.  

18 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'll defer to you resident construction experts.  But upon looking through the SEZ today, I don't see how in the world that thing is gonna be completely delivered in 9 weeks.  I'm sure they'll finish out the suites and club level to meet the requirements of those donors.  But I think some shit's gonna be left undone by LA-Lafayette (student seating, concession areas, etc.  

I find your lack of faith disturbing

• Like 1