Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

I'm in Fort Collins and thinking about buying season tickets to use in one or two trips to Austin per year, and try to make as much back of my out-of-pocket costs as possible by re-selling the rest. Anyone have thoughts on what the sweet spot section or price for that would be? I would like good enough seats to justify my trips while also maximizing net profit on the resale market. Sec 4 3 Row 20ish was $6100 including donation. I was looking at those 2 but wondering if cheaper seats/donation might make more sense. Or does the 50 yl / section 4 typically bring higher on the resale market to justify the extra 2k for 2 seats?

I would have guessed that 2-50 YL (or between the 40s) would cost more than $8,100, unless you're looking at lower rows. That's a donation in the $7,000 range, correct? Regardless, I'd max out at 4 tickets unless the required donation increases with the number of seats. You'll have no problem profiting on your investment by selling the unused tickets, especially if you sell your OU tickets.

• Hook 'Em 1

Tried to buy 2 Level 1 seats online but the site fails. The module for buying "seat insurance" doesn't load because "seats are too expensive" and therefore doesn't give an option to decline seat insurance. But you can't buy the seats without declining or accepting the insurance. LOL I guess I'll need to buy 'em M-F between 8 and 5.

I'm also in as a 1st timer. I was able to purchase some seats in section 3, on the aisle in the lower bowl. Still never found a way to buy the 2 @ the $3500 donation level online because the ticket insurance embedded app fucks it up. I'm tall so the aisle is super attractive to me; I'm going to give some thought to moving to beneath the overhang however.

Rep given to everyone who mentioned the benefit of locking in the donation. That was really great to know.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Chopper said:

I'm also in as a 1st timer. I was able to purchase some seats in section 3, on the aisle in the lower bowl. Still never found a way to buy the 2 @ the $3500 donation level online because the ticket insurance embedded app fucks it up. I'm tall so the aisle is super attractive to me; I'm going to give some thought to moving to beneath the overhang however.

Rep given to everyone who mentioned the benefit of locking in the donation. That was really great to know.

You will make a ton of that back with the first A&M game

• Haha 1

On 7/24/2021 at 8:26 PM, SubliminalHorn said:

Just became first time season ticket holders. Can’t fucking wait

On 7/25/2021 at 2:35 PM, Chopper said:

For those that just bought tickets for the 1st time this year did you get an option to select Tx/OU tickets? Have a friend thinking about getting tickets but was not sure if we were past the deadline already.

2 hours ago, ZB'Tejas said:

For those that just bought tickets for the 1st time this year did you get an option to select Tx/OU tickets? Have a friend thinking about getting tickets but was not sure if we were past the deadline already.

Every LF member (some longtime ticket holders aren’t LF members) who requests OU tix have gotten them regardless of donation level since the Ly expanded seating in 2008. I dropped down from 4 seats to 2 a few years back but I still had the ability to get 4 OU tix this year though I bet that’s going away.

tl;dr you should be good

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

I'm no expert, but I kind of doubt you would have enough loyalty points to make the cut off. There should be some tickets come open on Stubhub, but they are likely to be pricey this year.

Good point, was just wondering if they even give you the option at this time.

Potentially last year of the RRS in it's current format... could be a hot ticket for sure.

I just found something that said the TX/OU seating is done at the end of July so I guess he might still have a shot if done before Aug.

Edited by ZB'Tejas

1st timer here with LHF, we went baller style Section 4 row 57, close to the 50YL and under the overhang.  My wife (no pics) is a fair skinned ginger and wants to be able to duck into the A/C sometimes, but you can't buy touchdown club access unless you sit down there.  LHF told me that the club on the west side *starts* at $15K donation (!!!).  Are there any other options or is it just cross the street to the alumni center?

5 minutes ago, ZB'Tejas said:

Good point, was just wondering if they even give you the option at this time.

Potentially last year of the RRS in it's current format... could be a hot ticket for sure.

You should have gotten the option at the time of buying your season tix; if you didn’t, I would call and ask them if it’s an option….

6 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

1st timer here with LHF, we went baller style Section 4 row 57, close to the 50YL and under the overhang.  My wife (no pics) is a fair skinned ginger and wants to be able to duck into the A/C sometimes, but you can't buy touchdown club access unless you sit down there.  LHF told me that the club on the west side *starts* at $15K donation (!!!).  Are there any other options or is it just cross the street to the alumni center?

In 4/57 you’ll be in the shade for a 2:30 kick, but you’ll have no quick A/C options. There’s a massive caveat to this, but I would need to see pics of your wife to opine about whether this is an option. 

welcome to shaggy or whatever the fuck we’re called now

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

I don't think you can go back to the alumni center anymore. I think that stopped with beer sales, unless they are able to close off the street. 

My family did 48 seasons in Sec 6 ow 57/59 they are great seats but I took the plunge and moved to the Centennial Suite in '19. It's great if you want A/C, TV's with extra features, and a less jumbotron dominated experience. The down sides are of course the price, and an insane difference between the first two rows and the top three as far as viewing experience. But if wife wants/needs A/C it could be worth it. Happy wife... 

15 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I didn’t see an option for ou tix when I got mine. I figured I would hear something later about opting to get them. Hopefully that’s the case

I zoned out on the away games because I spent so much time trying to purchase more expensive seats than their site allowed. The receipt you get after purchase says to call the box office to request away game tix, including RRS, and that they're distributed later in the year. 512-471-3333.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

When UT came out and said to "lock in your donations", I have to believe that was a subliminal message to season ticket holders that changes were coming. I've been a season ticket holder since 1996, so there wasn't a chance we were giving them up.  But, now that we're moving to the SEC, the value of my two blocks have gone way up.  If Sark can get this thing going again, we're gonna need a bigger stadium.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I didn’t see an option for ou tix when I got mine. I figured I would hear something later about opting to get them. Hopefully that’s the case

My buddy selected his seats yesterday and said he didn't get an option either.

4 hours ago, Delta Charlie said:

When UT came out and said to "lock in your donations", I have to believe that was a subliminal message to season ticket holders that changes were coming. I've been a season ticket holder since 1996, so there wasn't a chance we were giving them up.  But, now that we're moving to the SEC, the value of my two blocks have gone way up.  If Sark can get this thing going again, we're gonna need a bigger stadium.

Thinking back this weekend on the number of times that lock in your donation note was received this year, my conclusion was exactly the same as yours.  They knew what was coming.  

On 7/27/2021 at 4:25 PM, Horn of Gabriel said:

I am in section 5 row 59, likely pretty close as we are close to section 4. You will like these seats, the shade is nice. 

2 hours ago, Bob Lives! said:

I had the option and bought 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called them today and they told me that July 1st was the priority date. So I guess I didn’t have the option because I bought them last weekend. She said they will reach out mid august if there are tickets remaining 

• Like 1

When I renewed our season tickets by telephone, we requested hardcopy paper tickets because we don’t do fancy shit with our iPhones. They said no problem.

My brother was told by the ticket office a couple weeks later that he could not get hardcopy paper tickets and would have to use the phone app whatever. 
Anyone know anything about this?

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

When I renewed our season tickets by telephone, we requested hardcopy paper tickets because we don’t do fancy shit with our iPhones. They said no problem.

My brother was told by the ticket office a couple weeks later that he could not get hardcopy paper tickets and would have to use the phone app whatever. 
Anyone know anything about this?

It says all tickets are paperless now

Is there anyone here that can explain how the Young Alumni tickets work? I just graduated so first time having them. Is it like the student section where its just general sections then first come first serve? Or something different?
Just finished my Young Alumni stint last year. I believe those seats are pretty much around section 128 or 129 (upper level, east side). Pretty awesome seats. As long as you keep renewing you will have those seats for 4 seasons. The donation amount bumps up $50(?) each season as you continue to renew. I thought it was a really solid deal.

This year, I moved over to the west side sec 104.

Meant to add: The Young Alumni seats are assigned so not general admission free-for-all.

1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

Just finished my Young Alumni stint last year. I believe those seats are pretty much around section 128 or 129 (upper level, east side). Pretty awesome seats. As long as you keep renewing you will have those seats for 4 seasons. The donation amount bumps up $50(?) each season as you continue to renew. I thought it was a really solid deal.

This year, I moved over to the west side sec 104.

Meant to add: The Young Alumni seats are assigned so not general admission free-for-all.

That's a bit of a letdown, I was hoping I wasn't going to have to worry about not being next to my buddies who also got tickets. Guess we'll see if we're close.

That's a bit of a letdown, I was hoping I wasn't going to have to worry about not being next to my buddies who also got tickets. Guess we'll see if we're close.
If your pals are also in the Young Alumni sections you shouldn't have too much trouble linking up.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2021 at 3:27 PM, SubliminalHorn said:

I called them today and they told me that July 1st was the priority date. So I guess I didn’t have the option because I bought them last weekend. She said they will reach out mid august if there are tickets remaining 

Yep I got the same disappointing answer. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit.

• Rage+1 1

Is there anyone here that can explain how the Young Alumni tickets work? I just graduated so first time having them. Is it like the student section where its just general sections then first come first serve? Or something different?

They’re actually assigned seats. They’re season tickets, just within designated YA sections (I had 128 and quite liked our seats) and discounted for four years. After those four years you’ll have to renew in a new location. I’m not sure how the donation lock in is handled with that.

It’s also easy to move around to be with friends. The sections generally won’t fill up 100 percent except for the biggest games and by nature are not filled with olds who are really concerned about being in seat 7 as opposed to seat 11 or what have you.

9 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Stupid question but where are y'all seeing the seat locations for OU?

On the Texas Sports site it's under My Account > Order History then scroll down to the 2021 summary and you can click on the Oklahoma game and see the assignmnets.

• Like 1

I looked both on the app and on the website, nothing there yet, probably because they are dolling out the seats from best to worst and they have gotten down to me yet

I have OU tickets but no seat assignment.

So people who got Arkansas tickets should see them in there now?

In this boat. See my four OU tickets but no assignment. Must be too much of a rube. 12000s in points FWIW.