Season Ticket Renewal

blacklab

I got an email saying they expect 95% of people from last year to renew and over 10k on waitlist and basically only 1000 from waitlist maybe get a chance.

Spitballing what it said. Basically I’m screwed. I live 5 hours from Austin really just wanted it for Georgia tickets. Guess I have to spend an arm and leg for that one.

5 hours ago, utexas8 said:

I got an email saying they expect 95% of people from last year to renew and over 10k on waitlist and basically only 1000 from waitlist maybe get a chance.

Spitballing what it said. Basically I’m screwed. I live 5 hours from Austin really just wanted it for Georgia tickets. Guess I have to spend an arm and leg for that one.

If you know how many loyalty points you have, you can go here (https://texassports.com/sports/2021/2/22/loyalty-points)  to get a better idea.

I would assume, based on nothing but a hunch, that if you're a new season ticket waitlist, you'd need to be at the level of about 100 points to get off the waitlist. That would be a $2,000 "Longhorn Excellence" donation or a $10,000 "seat gift" donation.  I could be way off, and that is a complete wild ass guess.

Here is the chart they posted online updated as of March 11th (weird date to update, since the deadline was March 15th to donate):

Screenshot2024-03-18at8_07_35AM.thumb.png.6cb44f6d729f1f30117567f894cc54b9.png

Edited by hornian

It will be interesting to see what happens. I donated 1K to the excellence fund and feel somewhat optimistic about making the cut. I'm still not 100% confident that the average fan is going to pony up much higher than that to get off the waitlist and then add in the seat gift, cost of tickets and it adds up quickly if you are looking for multiple seats.  I wasn't sure how to gauge the necessary donation given that the last time I had season tickets was 2008 and was able to get them with no donation at that point.

33 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

It will be interesting to see what happens. I donated 1K to the excellence fund and feel somewhat optimistic about making the cut. I'm still not 100% confident that the average fan is going to pony up much higher than that to get off the waitlist and then add in the seat gift, cost of tickets and it adds up quickly if you are looking for multiple seats.  I wasn't sure how to gauge the necessary donation given that the last time I had season tickets was 2008 and was able to get them with no donation at that point.

I did the same.

They could make it a lot easier and simply tell you it will take this many priority points to get season tickets.

Are all current season ticket holders guaranteed of getting tickets this year, before any waitlist person?

26 minutes ago, PTINS said:

I did the same.

They could make it a lot easier and simply tell you it will take this many priority points to get season tickets.

Are all current season ticket holders guaranteed of getting tickets this year, before any waitlist person?

I don't think they can do this. If a current season ticket holder with a high LP rank adds tickets this year, thats fewer for new people, which means the number of points to get off the waitlist would go up. There are too many unknowns for the school to tell you exactly how many you will need. 

On the last question, all current season ticket holders get to keep their current seats (if they renew) regardless of their loyalty point rank, so ahead of any waitlist person. Then, seat selection time slots are given out in loyalty point order (but the renewed seats are already reserved before seat selection begins).  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Yes. That is a perk of being a season ticket holder. Once you have them they are yours as long as you always renew and assuming they don’t get have to reassign your seating due to construction (even then they’ll give you new seats for the same price).

10 hours ago, utexas8 said:

I read that email differently.  My interoperation is that of the people who filled out the waitlist interest form only 1400+ were 2024 donors and eligible to come off the waitlist. I'm sure that 1400+ number went up a bit due to people like me who procrastinated until the 14 to pull the trigger but I can't image it's anywhere near 10K. IMG_2896.thumb.jpg.d08e74f31970c34838726f1d28ffb707.jpg

2 hours ago, ITHorn said:

I read that email differently.  My interoperation is that of the people who filled out the waitlist interest form only 1400+ were 2024 donors and eligible to come off the waitlist. I'm sure that 1400+ number went up a bit due to people like me who procrastinated until the 14 to pull the trigger but I can't image it's anywhere near 10K. IMG_2896.thumb.jpg.d08e74f31970c34838726f1d28ffb707.jpg

I read this as ~1400 people are eligible to come off the wait list and we think 1000 are going to get a time slot to pick tickets. 

Presumably that time slot will be after all the current season ticket holders renew/add/move seats. They are not saying you will get tickets because they don’t know what will be available and where. 

Edited by hornbri

On 3/13/2024 at 11:21 PM, ImissWallyPryor said:

I’ve been bitching for 20+ years about every iteration of the Texas Athletics website. I’ve made donations and purchased tickets without issue on DII athletic websites, and they are easier to navigate. Most of the other websites must use a common template, because they almost all look similar, and they don’t direct you to another crappy website for tickets and donations. 

that's because those guys don't know how to work the skim/slush fund...

• Rage+1 1

These SEC games are gonna look pretty nice on the big-ass screen I'ma buy with the money I'm not spending on tickets, and I get the bonus of knowing I helped 4 waitlist people get the seats I won't be using!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, dcar00 said:

If you are a current season ticket holder do you have to be on the waitlist to try to buy more season tickets than you currently have?

I would assume so, unless you’re a big donor, in which case I am sure they’ll make it happen. 

13 minutes ago, wood said:

These SEC games are gonna look pretty nice on the big-ass screen I'ma buy with the money I'm not spending on tickets, and I get the bonus of knowing I helped 4 waitlist people get the seats I won't be using!

You are a true humanitarian.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

You are a true humanitarian.

Ha, yeah. I do what I can ... esp when what I'd like to do costs an amount of money I can't justify. DKR will be full and loud though. So we got that goin' for us. Which is nice.

15 hours ago, dcar00 said:

If you are a current season ticket holder do you have to be on the waitlist to try to buy more season tickets than you currently have?

You have not had to wait in the past, when your timeslot comes up you can change the ticket location or numbers. If they change that this year due to the wait list they have not communicated it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, hornbri said:

You have not had to wait in the past, when your timeslot comes up you can change the ticket location or numbers. If they change that this year due to the wait list they have not communicated it. 

thanks.  I have 4 on east side but was going to try to get 2 additional(pay the seat license)on west side or maybe a club area in end zone but wanted the option to drop those 2 later but still keep the 4 at the my original seat license cost.

I wonder if they will do that or if by adding the 2 and seat license I get locked in having to keep all 6 or drop all 6. .  I suppose I could join waitlist and have a separate account(under another family member) but then my pickings will be slim for decent seats.

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

thanks.  I have 4 on east side but was going to try to get 2 additional(pay the seat license)on west side or maybe a club area in end zone but wanted the option to drop those 2 later but still keep the 4 at the my original seat license cost.

I wonder if they will do that or if by adding the 2 and seat license I get locked in having to keep all 6 or drop all 6. .  I suppose I could join waitlist and have a separate account(under another family member) but then my pickings will be slim for decent seats.

I am pretty sure you could go from 6 to 4 at anytime. I have 6 right now and I added 2 later and when i renew them they are still listed as sperate line items. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, atxchillin said:

Has anyone received their seat selection timeslot for new seats yet? 

Still Waiting Office Tv GIF by The Office

No, but i just looked and the last couple years it came around the first couple weeks of April. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hornbri said:

No, but i just looked and the last couple years it came around the first couple weeks of April. 

I asked after making my donation and was told first week of April FWIW. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I just realized that when I renewed my Season tix over the phone because their website was shit, that they didn't ask me about OU Tix.  I called in just now and they said that OU Tix won't be happening for another couple of months and I will get an email.  This is the first time I can remember that I didn't have a chance to opt in when I renewed.  Did they screw me over by not offering it when I renewed?  For those of you who were able to renew online were you able to opt into TxOU?

25 minutes ago, allrightallrightallright said:

I just realized that when I renewed my Season tix over the phone because their website was shit, that they didn't ask me about OU Tix.  I called in just now and they said that OU Tix won't be happening for another couple of months and I will get an email.  This is the first time I can remember that I didn't have a chance to opt in when I renewed.  Did they screw me over by not offering it when I renewed?  For those of you who were able to renew online were you able to opt into TxOU?

It's been separate for at least the past few years.

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, allrightallrightallright said:

You must not remember renewing last year.

3 hours ago, allrightallrightallright said:

I swear I remember 'checking a box' to opt in for tickets but I have had many tequilas and sodas since then.  Good to know I didn't miss anything

If you’re drinking tequila and soda you’re missing a lot…

Edited by Ignatius

3 minutes ago, allrightallrightallright said:

What bottle in the price range is better?

Listen, BO&W has quotas he has to hit each day on this board, or the system will cast him permanently to purgatory where he can only chat with himself. Today is Wednesday, so he has to post a minimum of 30 idiotic hawt takes or he gets yanked. His post about Casamigos is just one drop in the bucket and perfectly ignorable for the rest of us.