Free Kids Power Wheels Jeeps to good homes

rage-a-holic

I've got 5 Power Wheels Jeeps that the kids have outgrown and need good homes.

These are all modded to work with 2 batteries at 18v and they haul ass. I have the batteries, but you need to get a charger; they run about $15-20 (you may already have one for your car or motorcycle).

You should have some experience with minor electrical wiring, or you don't want one of these.

These are free if they're going to a good home, one per family.

If you're one of those Sanford & Son junk resellers, go fuck yourself, these aren't for you. They're only going to Surly homes with stressed parents and bored kids.

First PM gets their pick of the litter.

kids-jeeps.jpg

23 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Need info on how to rig up two batteries please.  My kids have 1 and it has always sucked and now batt is dead.  So i will either make it cool, or put it on the curb.  Help her have a cool truck.

Are you prepared to spend $75 on new batteries, a charger and wiring stuff? At the $75 point, most people just buy a new fisher price OEM battery or find a used power wheel on craigslist/nextdoor.

I'll definitely take a look.  Was purchased for #2, but she out grew it quick and #3 always wanting to ride it.  She may not need all the speed but better than spending $ on stock.  Thanks for the link.

eta: holy shit these guys are intense.

Edited by fattyflattie

I'd be interested in the frozen one plus one or two others but I'm in San Antonio.  I can see if my sis and BIL can get them and store them for me.  I have a 9, 7, and 3 year old and they'd love this crap.  

Faster?  So you've got the batteries wired in series I'm assuming?  If I recall correctly from researching this many many years ago, it'll strip out the plastic drive gears right?

20 hours ago, deft said:

I'd be interested in the frozen one plus one or two others but I'm in San Antonio.  I can see if my sis and BIL can get them and store them for me.  I have a 9, 7, and 3 year old and they'd love this crap.  

Faster?  So you've got the batteries wired in series I'm assuming?  If I recall correctly from researching this many many years ago, it'll strip out the plastic drive gears right?

The 7 and 3 year old would be fine, but 9 is pushing it. 3 of the kids that used to ride them are 9 and 10 and can barely squeeze into them.

Yes, you wire a 6v and 12v battery in series for 18v. You can read up on the mod forums, but the general consensus is that taking 12v cars up to 18v is OK, just don't go 12v to 24v, that's when the gears get torn up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...