The Entitlement Thread -- Young Adults Being Stupid

Patrick Bateman

58 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You’re literally just inventing a problem. No one is wishing these people anything more than difficulty getting into school or a job for a while. They can easily manage to do both anyway. Community college, some low-level job for a few years. Hardly a “punishment” in the grand scheme of things. The dude here was essentially in an American semi-pro Lucha Libre league. He was never some Rhodes scholar on his way to a decent job anyway. I know you feel sorry for these two but they played a stupid game and now they’ll get their stupid prize. That’s just life.

Thanks for the insight sorry I asked for the viewpoints 

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

What the fuck are you even talking about right now?  "Cancel culture"?  Jesus Christ--you do need your boogeymen, don't you?

I don't think it's particularly new or shocking that there are some adverse consequences to saying overtly racist shit in public.

Seriously--how the fuck is it emblematic of some sort of "cancel culture" to observe that recording yourself making racist statements and preserving it for posterity may have some negative consequences for your future job and social prospects?

Right, so let’s crucify them for the rest of their lives and make sure that they both are entitled to living in a world of shit FOREVER.  Guess who foots the bill for that shit?  The rest of us with jobs.  So, I guess let’s support Cletus and LuAnn the dipshit teenagers.  God damn, why is this even a thread here?  Who gives a shit about two dumbfucking teenage idiots and their fucking moronic ignorant opinions!?  DT is slowly becoming a sounding board for reactionary pussies.  And, yeah, most of y’all are part of the cloak room crowd.  

THIS IS A FUCKING PUSSY VIRTUE SIGNALING THREAD.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 5

13 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Right, so let’s crucify them for the rest of their lives and make sure that they both are entitled to living in a world of shit FOREVER.  Guess who foots the bill for that shit?  The rest of us with jobs.  So, I guess let’s support Cletus and LuAnn the dipshit teenagers.  God damn, why is this even a thread here?  Who gives a shit about two dumbfucking teenage idiots and their fucking moronic ignorant opinions!?  DT is slowly becoming a sounding board for reactionary pussies.  And, yeah, most of y’all are part of the cloak room crowd.  

You just used these two clowns to squeeze in your thoughts about the welfare state. And we're the ones being political. What in the actual fuck.

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

If there is a coherent thought underlying this post, I genuinely cannot fathom what it could be.

The schools ability to expel or suspend for online behavior that happens outside of school goes back to tinker vs des monies. What meets “the tinker standard” largely has depended on what judge you end up in front of in recent years. It typically goes back to how disruptive to the school environment they behavior was. I have no clue if this would meet the standard.

In Texas we have David’s law which is more related to cyber bullying a specific student or group of students. You can get your ass in big trouble for violating that even if it happens during the middle of summer. 

9 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Fuck these dipshits. Also fuck all y’all that are trying to give them a pass because they are “dumb kids”. I didn’t talk this. My friends didn’t. My parents didn’t. The ones passing this off as just stupid shit kids do are probably very similar to their parents. Fuck em.

I haven’t seen a single post on here with anyone trying to give them a pass. Seriously- point one out where you think you’ve seen this on the thread and what warrants a fuck off. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

The schools ability to expel or suspend for online behavior that happens outside of school goes back to tinker vs des monies. What meets “the tinker standard” largely has depended on what judge you end up in front of in recent years. It typically goes back to how disruptive to the school environment they behavior was. I have no clue if this would meet the standard.

In Texas we have David’s law which is more related to cyber bullying a specific student or group of students. You can get your ass in big trouble for violating that even if it happens during the middle of summer. 

Yeah, schools have quite a bit of latitude in doing unto students.

However, the First Amendment might place a limitation on it in this context.

49 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, schools have quite a bit of latitude in doing unto students.

However, the First Amendment might place a limitation on it in this context.

It’s also harder to argue that their presence posed a huge distraction to the educational environment when kids weren’t actually going to school.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:02 PM, BurntEyes said:

Daniel Figurelli disagrees. 

For those boohooing their future I'll make two points. One has already made but I'll reinforce it. If you feel so bad for these "children" and their actions hanging on them for life take some time and roll down to South Dallas, Oak Cliff or Da Grove. Hell, any hood in any city. Talk to the high school kids and learn about how their life is challenging, from the word go. They are influenced by very bad things, not just racist dumb fuck boy friends. Even if they make great choices on of their friends doesn't, they get in a car with them, a friend is carrying drugs and a gun. That good choice person might have unknowingly chose poor friends. But it's not uncommon that hey weren't even aware the person had both. They get pulled over, and are lucky to get out alive.

Hell, maybe the car is full of good choice kids. They might still be hit with a bogus drugs charge. Or killed.

They get tried as an adult, and get hammered with a felony, some social media pressure would seem like a cake walk.

Those are the exact people these fucking pieces of shit were making fun of in their video.

To have any sympathy for them, at all, is beyond my comprehension.

In short, they made their bed. Let them cry in it.

Love this guy/no homo

• Haha 1

Another poster nailed it. These pieces of shit will probably end up being punished for their behavior, and justifiably so. And they'll then take every unfortunate thing that happens in their lives and blame it upon this situation, which was just Kids Being Kids, and they'll probably end up more bitter, more racist, and more prone to shit behavior because in their mind, a bunch of african americans and their "apologists" ruined their lives. They'll end up being more racist because of this, not less. Because people are fucking stupid and cognitive dissonance is the most powerful force in the universe. 

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Ironic that he's making a lot more sense than you.

Right? If I wanted to be accused of being part of the PC cancel culture, virtue signaling, or the pussification of America (or whatever the fuck he's talking about) for calling out two racist dipshits for being racist dipshits, then I'd be on texags.

• 8 months later...

Dug up this thread because I needed a place to post these:

a7b0944ceeb3736c1eb7f86937ecd383.jpg
6e7f8baad0ca8ff47e7b0e18880eb5e6.jpg

That’s a tiny rock ledge, obviously outside the rail at Hopi Point on the Grand Canyon rim. The drop is several thousand feet. If something happened, and she needed rescue (if she wasn’t already gone), it would endanger bystanders or park rangers.

All so her man could take some pics of her being so “fearless” for Instagram. It made me ragey. As did the several other idiots I saw at various points climbing to the top of protective rock walls to pose for pics, etc. A shitload of morons (at least a dozen that I saw) putting themselves in stupid danger. Several of whom die each year. But hey, rules and safety barriers are for other people.

When I went Horseshoe Bend a couple of years ago we were told that two people had recently fallen to their deaths. They were far from the first. There aren’t any railings (although I think they are going to put some up). I am not scared of heights, but I am not a dumbass, I sat my ass down and laid flat on my stomach to get my shots. However, there was a group of young Russian tourists and they were climbing out onto the rocks to take selfies for their wannabe Instagram fame. It was nerve racking to watch them.

On 1/2/2021 at 11:06 PM, Brisketexan said:

That’s a tiny rock ledge, obviously outside the rail at Hopi Point on the Grand Canyon rim. The drop is several thousand feet. If something happened, and she needed rescue (if she wasn’t already gone), it would endanger bystanders or park rangers.

All so her man could take some pics of her being so “fearless” for Instagram. It made me ragey. As did the several other idiots I saw at various points climbing to the top of protective rock walls to pose for pics, etc. A shitload of morons (at least a dozen that I saw) putting themselves in stupid danger. Several of whom die each year. But hey, rules and safety barriers are for other people.

hm.  too derivative.  you've got the scare quotes, the ramping up the danger factor, the "all so you can save a few pennies" payoff.

On 1/2/2021 at 11:06 PM, Brisketexan said:

On the bright side, she's not doing a stupid fucking yoga pose.