2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

29 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don’t think it would be possible to lose more money than I did on Clinton losing in 2020, but I may be wrong by a multiple. 

I lost 5 figures on Hillary but justified it by saying I'd save way more than that on taxes and I did.  This time I didn't bet but over the last week I said FL was Trump.  And that meant this thing was far from over.  Lucky I didn't bet.  The people have spoken - they care about the economy more than decency.  We are officially the Romans.  Economy was the only thing Trump had.  That's it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, horncyclist said:

I'm going to get some sleep. This probably isn't resolved tonight and Biden should be in decent shape at the end of the night.

Nate Silver's probably right here. Lot of overreactions so far.

Again. Exactly the same as 2016. Fuck Nate Silver. His models are fucking completely worthless, like all polls. They can't capture the truly racist and hateful nature of the majority of idiots who call themselves americans.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

It's 2016 all over agin. Looks good at first, then trump takes over late. Exact. Same. Thing. Polls should just end, they are completely worthless.

Polls and polling science certainly took a hit tonight.  Our boy, Morris, looks like he's crying in a corner, but there's still some good news about for Dems.  Arizona looking strong, as are Minnesota and Michigan.  It may come down to Pennsylvania although there's still a path without it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Who said this was a tossup election?

Oh yeah. And so it remains. And we probably won’t know for weeks who actually wins. Buckle up. Oil the rifle. Enjoy.

My #1 concern was a Biden loss tonight because I’m traveling to Portland, OR this weekend, didn’t want to deal with riots. I’d like if he won but would be 100% ok if he lost, just after I get back from my trip. 

I’m a microcosm of what’s wrong with America. Even when I mean well I’m just a selfish asshole at my core.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ulukinatme said:

There are plenty of conservatives that are assholes, just as there are on the other side of the aisle. The majority of both sides are decent people that vote along party lines in reality, even if they're not particularly thrilled with their candidate. The real question is independents, how they're convinced to vote for either of these crummy candidates I can't say.

Looking at a majority of people like they're assholes, no matter which side you support, is a horrible way to go through life and not an accurate representation. Assholes are everywhere and probably account for just...10-15% of the country lol.

i appreciate the thoughtful response. and i want to agree with you logically. 

i guess i'm just...i mean...i just can't believe how many people are looking around and thinking "you know...yeah, this is all pretty, pretty, pretty good...more please!"

i mean...really? okayyy

• Like 2

1 observation and 1 question:

1) Bad_Teammate is loving how close this is and would find some value in a Trump 2nd term, as it would only help his cause and invigorate the far left and continue to give them a focused enemy and keep a tight aperture on their focus and goal. This isn't horrible for a far leftie.

Question: Who is the new Trump lady? Smokeythebear?

importedImage170960_header

4 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i appreciate the thoughtful response. and i want to agree with you logically. 

i guess i'm just...i mean...i just can't believe how many people are looking around and thinking "you know...yeah, this is all pretty, pretty, pretty good...more please!"

i mean...really? okayyy

I like to think I'm a realist, maybe I'm a bit of an optimist, I dunno. Certainly met plenty of trash people, but most are decent humans at the end of the day. Politics are politics though, and media helps drive wedges to further agendas and divide people. Here's hoping the next election will have better representatives on both sides. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

My nightmare scenario of this coming down to a court battle over Pennsylvania is going to come true. SCOTUS is going to do something insane like toss out all Philly votes or something, because 2020.

If Biden can pull off a miracle & win WI & MI the SCOTUS can toss every Dem vote in PA & Biden still wins.