2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

6 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

The election proves one thing.  There’s lot of assholes out there in this country. We literally have millions of people who love having a president because “ I have mine screw you, give me tax cuts, fuck off get a job. You deserve no help or safety net”  And people who don’t mind that the president has the mentality of a first grade child / bully. 

It’s this kind of binary thinking that made this election so close. There are a TON of really great, caring, giving, non-racist people that simply didn’t want to vote for a Biden/Harris ticket. Like me and a bunch of other former Republicans on this board. I held my breath and did it this time.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Trump currently has a statewide lead of ~109K. 

Milwaukee county is currently +22 for Biden with 48% reporting.  If Biden wins 60% of the remaining ballots there, that's approximately another 177K, and Trump gets another 118K.

So, that would cut Trump's statewide lead to about 50K.

Biden's basically needs to win Milwaukee 4:1 or just slightly less than that. There is precedent for that in 2018. Remember, these are absentee votes that will go even more heavily for Biden than the rest of the vote in Milwaukee.

Just now, justhookit said:

It’s this kind of binary thinking that made this election so close. There are a TON of really great, caring, giving, non-racist people that simply didn’t want to vote for a Biden/Harris ticket. Like me and a bunch of other former Republicans on this board. I held my breath and did it this time.

For some of us it's red vs. blue, the individuals might as well not be there.

1 minute ago, justhookit said:

You guys don’t have to support a Biden / Harris ticket, but why support a narcissistic, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, self centered, stuck up asshole who doesn’t even take his job as president of the US seriously?  This administration is a clown show. They will go down as one of the worst in history. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Roughly 110k lead for Trump, roughly 211k outstanding MIL ballots in WIS.  If those are reasonably correct, a 75/25 split with those votes would be roughly 158/52k, which obviously would make it extremely close.  But, you don't know that will be the percentage with those ballots, and I think there are a few other counties not quite done either.

Just now, Voldemort86 said:

You guys don’t have to support a Biden / Harris ticket, but why support a narcissistic, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, self centered, stuck up asshole who doesn’t even take his job as president of the US seriously?  This administration is a clown show. They will go down as one of the worst in history. 

They will go down as the last in history.

8 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Bullshit. They didn't "simply not want" to vote Democrat, they decided to vote for Donald Fucking Trump as their preferred choice. To take any context away and believe in some innocent pretense that this is policy based or something doesn't fly. They chose their vote, and they voted for a race bating narcissist who doesn't stand for any conservative principle, or really any principal at all. Why? Explain how they get to be caring, giving people and still support him?

Good for you for holding your breath and not voting for the white supremacist. Anyone who did needs to own what they voted for.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Just now, UncleSonny said:

Bullshit. They didn't "simply not want" to vote Democrat, they decided to vote for Donald Fucking Trump as their preferred choice. To take any context away and believe in some innocent pretense that this is policy based or something doesn't fly. They chose their vote, and they voted for a race bating narcissist who doesn't stand for any conservative principle, or really any principal at all. Why? Explain how they get to be caring, giving people and still support him?

Good for you for holding your breath and not voting for the white supremacist. Anyone who did needs to own what they voted for.

God, thank you.

The making of excuses for people who choose to vote for this man after the years of evidence of his true nature is disgusting.

Policy doesn't mean jack shit if the man you choose to carry out that policy destroys the very foundation of our country.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, fellside said:

I think it says something about the personalities on Surly that y'all freak me out into an anxiety attack and Karl fucking Rove somehow calms me down and convinces me Biden still has a very real shot.

That's the signal that he lost. If all we have a left is a "very real shot" then it's over. And so is the Republic. 

Edited by Dahobbs

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

God, thank you.

The making of excuses for people who choose to vote for this man after the years of evidence of his true nature is disgusting.

Policy doesn't mean jack shit if the man you choose to carry out that policy destroys the very foundation of our country.

The problem is, many of the people who voted for him believe he is preserving the very foundation of our country.

In the year 2020 where I have 5Factor authentication and captcha and password requirements requiring 3 non consecutive subscript webdings characters .... how come we still vote by mail and need to count by hand?
I know people under the age of 40 without home internet and who can't remember their email address or password.

We'd fuck it up.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

In the year 2020 where I have 5Factor authentication and captcha and password requirements requiring 3 non consecutive subscript webdings characters .... how come we still vote by mail and need to count by hand?

We can somehow figure out how to process all meaningful financial transactions electronically but not voting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

His face is plastered in orange makeup a half inch thick. Every dystopian movie ever has villains that would consider Trump's face to be comically overdone and too metrosexual to be real. A third of our country thinks this person's aura and following represents alpha manliness. It's unfathomable to me. A literal clown in clown makeup.

He publicly shuns his kids. His wife hates him and lives in a different house. He's a soft daddy's boy who cries and bitches about unfairness on a daily basis. He's fat, his hands are soft, he wears makeup and a wig, and he has bitch tits.

He is the death of manliness in the true sense of the word, which means taking care of your family, speaking softly and carrying a big stick, being self-sufficient, being confident in who you are, and taking care of others.  He is a huge pussy and people who think he's some sort of manly alpha bro are fucking idiots. 

I'm co-signing this right here. 

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

We can somehow figure out how to process all meaningful financial transactions electronically but not voting. 

You can both sides away. Regardless, with a trump win, my company is going Canadian.  It may have been doing that anyway. And I'm personally going European. Stop taxing us. You are against taxes, right?

We are borderline 3rd world country / dictatorship status.

how come the president is allowed to put his mushroom shaped dick on the table and declare that the election should be over before the votes are completely counted? Why does half the country not only not care about this, but they’re so dumb that they actually believe it’s happening?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

yeah, no shit, an individual can file a million dollar income tax liability fully online (which im sure the gov cares more than that persons single vote)... but recording a vote... nope, too complex

29 minutes ago, justhookit said:

It's sorta hard to avoid binary thinking in a fucking two party system. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Running some Wisconsin projections again...if the rest of the estimated outstanding Milwaukee ballots come in at a 65% clip for Biden, the Ds would have somewhere between a 60-65K lead.  There are other outstanding ballots in Green Bay and Kenosha that need to be reported, but this is what it would likely take for Biden to win in Wisconsin.

shared legacy?

joe-biden-speaking-pen-debate7312019-Get

140207_2724616_Cold_Opening__Nightline_a

But seriously:  What happens from here at 3:22AM  11/4/2020?

Does Collins hold on? 

GA senate runoffs? 

Does Biden win GA? 

Does Trump hold on to win the Blue wall again? 

Holy shit what a night.

Just now, Dahobbs said:

It's over. Country is done. Moose out front should have told you.

Define over?  As in Russia blowing us up? China perhaps unleashing even more disease?  Famine, pestilence, more Trump convoys that lead to SS troops forming from their ranks?

1 minute ago, zork said:

Define over?  As in Russia blowing us up? China perhaps unleashing even more disease?  Famine, pestilence, more Trump convoys that lead to SS troops forming from their ranks?

As in collapse of democracy. As in concentration and re-education camps. As in end of freedom of speech and a free press. 10 years from now, when it finally hits you, you'll wonder how it happened. 

3 minutes ago, zork said:

dogs and cats sleeping together

1 minute ago, zork said:

As in you devalued all the income you ever made and handed China and the EU the keys to global monetary policy. 

4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

As in collapse of democracy. As in concentration and re-education camps. As in end of freedom of speech and a free press. 10 years from now, when it finally hits you, you'll wonder how it happened. 

Maybe. Or perhaps California secedes, the Pacific states and northeast follow. And zork does nothing about it because all zork is capable of is nothing.

I do think Biden pulls it out but I really see no need for MS, AL, and AR to be in my country. They are anchors. Like comrade zork, I do think a break up might be best. 

Edited by FondrenRoad