2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

56 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Folks say that to heal this country you are going to have to engage with the other side to do so. I am not prepared to engage with people who have a completely fictitious and made-up reality that take their direction from a carnival barker soon to be evicted from the White House as well as fervently believing in that absurdly insane Q conspiracy theory.

Here's my quick question -- folks are saying that if Biden wins, we must engage the other side, and work to heal this country.  I think that is sound reasoning.  It is indeed what we should do.  I don't know if I have the willpower to do it, but I agree that it's what should happen.

Now, run that same play....if Trump wins a second term.  Do you think team MAGA will "reach out to the other side to unite and heal this country?"  Or.....will it be an unrestrained orgy of overreaching and "SUCK IT, LIBTARDS!" around the clock?  Come on.  We all know the answer.  The Trumpkins who have the guts to post around here have admitted as much (and provided their example of how it would go).

There is a path to healing this country if Biden wins.  It will be tough, but there's a path.

There is no path to healing if Trump wins.  In fact, the mission will be to inflict as much pain on those who "betrayed" him as possible.  It will be four years of vengeance and cruelty, and policies aimed solely at inflicting pain on those they want to hurt.

And we don't know which will happen yet.  Thus, a LITTLE BIT of anxiety.

• Hook 'Em 2

Here's my quick question -- folks are saying that if Biden wins, we must engage the other side, and work to heal this country.  I think that is sound reasoning.  It is indeed what we should do.  I don't know if I have the willpower to do it, but I agree that it's what should happen.
Now, run that same play....if Trump wins a second term.  Do you think team MAGA will "reach out to the other side to unite and heal this country?"  Or.....will it be an unrestrained orgy of overreaching and "SUCK IT, LIBTARDS!" around the clock?  Come on.  We all know the answer.  The Trumpkins who have the guts to post around here have admitted as much (and provided their example of how it would go).
There is a path to healing this country if Biden wins.  It will be tough, but there's a path.
There is no path to healing if Trump wins.  In fact, the mission will be to inflict as much pain on those who "betrayed" him as possible.  It will be four years of vengeance and cruelty, and policies aimed solely at inflicting pain on those they want to hurt.
And we don't know which will happen yet.  Thus, a LITTLE BIT of anxiety.

Fuck the healing. 13 justices and free healthcare and college for everyone.
  • Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

Right now, I am as happy for Dr. Fauci as I am for anyone else.

Dr. Fauci is still here only because Secretary of Defense Esper told Trump today he wouldn't take him out.

I'm only half kidding. Dr. Fauci is the visible part of what Trump views as an invisible war being waged against him.

9 minutes ago, heso said:

The GOP is done with their useful idiot. They had to kiss his ass when he could win them elections. Now that he can’t do that they are done defending his dumb ass. 

Also, they really don't need him anymore.

The GOP was supposed to get wiped out in this election.  Instead, they killed their Senate races and held it.  And surprisingly, they look like they're going to gain double digit seats in the House.  They won't own it, but still.

With Cocaine Mitch at the helm in the Senate and with Biden being seen as squeaking this win out, the Democrats/Biden administration ain't gonna get shit done.  The Republicans are going to go right back to the obstruct and blame it on Democrats plan they were on in Obama's presidency.  Oh, and now they also own a big majority in the Supreme Court.

Don was useful to them and got them way more than they ever expected.  Turning the SC wildly in their favor would have been enough.  But the electorate hasn't even punished them for backing this guy the past four years.  Their only worry now is if they abandon him will the Republican base which seems to have eaten Trump's shit up hook, line, and sinker bail on them in the future?  With how hyper-partisan politics has gotten in the last decade or so, my guess is they'll be fine. 

Trump is about to be cast out into the cold and Mitch and the GOP are gonna turn the lights off and act like no one is home.

Edited by SpiralOut

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I wouldn’t be so sure on this.  Trump’s cult has political value sadly. 

The fact that Republicans gained House seats and may hold court in the Senate potentially helps form the view that this election was more about ridding the electorate of Trump than ridding the electorate of Republicans.

The GOP would be best served relegating Trump and his band of grifters to the fringes.  They're doing that already before the election is even decided.

Trump will have a voice, but the Cotton's and Hawley's will co-opt Trump's style and messaging to siphon off Trumpkin support.  Trump may look to run again, but he's going to face major headwinds legally and financially to navigate.  He's also unwell physically (duh), and I would not at all be surprised to see his health decline bigly before 2024.

Edited by SizzleChest
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

So DeJoy is going to have to figure out a way "hide" ballots for an entire week in NC.  That should be interesting.

DeJoy isn’t going to do shit now except save his own ass. The cheese stands alone now. Trump has no power left. Associating with him is nothing more than a liability now. 

Edited by heso

cnn trivia:

dana bash was born dana schwartz, her dad was a producer for ABC

from 1998 to 2007, Bash was married to Jeremy Bash, who would become CIA Chief of Staff and Department of Defense Chief of Staff under President Barack Obama

in 2008, she married fellow CNN correspondent John King (the fast talking guy who runs the 2 walls); they're son was born June 2011 and then they separated in 2012

23 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

It's going to be comical how quickly Republicans abandon him once the writing is truly on the way. Utterly disgusting and pathetic that their spine has been otherwise absent for 4 years...but comical.

I'd argue they already have.  Hell, even Eric Trump already realizes this, with his little "where is the GOP" tweet - you can rest assured he did not come up with that thought on his own, that was from his dad's lips to Eric's twitter account.  

Mitch and Graham and the others are not out there screaming that everything is rigged and to stop the counts.  This is 99.99% Team Trump.

20 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I wouldn’t be so sure on this.  Trump’s cult has political value sadly. 

They lost the White House, and could have cost Mitch control of the Senate.

Not a whole lot of political value there.