2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

19 minutes ago, seven said:

Listening to fox simulcast on Sirius and apparently Tahoe is the guest talking about "walking around money" 

That's funny. A guy I know is a former Democrat party county chair in a red county, and on election night he texted me that when he looked at some places in the RGV it appeared that "one campaign clearly knew how to throw around street money, and it wasn't us."

9 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Bullshit. They were voting for Trump anyway. They simply were looking to articulate a reason why they would "have" to vote for Trump.

I considered that possibility, but I really don't think so.  Each of them has voiced aversion to Trump in the past.  It's like they were so blinded by their distaste for Biden they forgot they had options other than voting for Trump if they didn't want to cast a ballot for Sleepy Joe.  

35 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

have to repeat this...

the stunning wall of silence from the rest of the GOP is sweet.

And it all crashes down
And you break your crown
And you point your finger, but there's no one around
Just want one thing, just to play the king
But the castle crumbled and you're left with just a name
Where's your crown, King Nothing?

• Like 1

Buttigieg offers an even better alternative. He's the nerd that can straight up beat a jock down by destroying his argument, then steal his sports car... and of course turn down his wife's offer
Buttigieg and Yang need to be responsible for developing the party platform and in charge of its marketing.

They get it. They get how messaging matters. The rest of the party, especially the left flank, don't.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, slorch said:

If the work one does doesn't provide the requisite  revenue to the business, no.  Minimum wage jobs are entry level/ part time roles.  How many grown ass adults do you know who only make minimum wage, and it's not because that's what they have settled for?  Hell my kids made more than minimum wage in high school.  They are very exceptional though...

There are more minimum wage jobs than there are high schoolers willing to fill them.  Congrats on exceptional chlldren though.  Those unexceptional people can fuck right off, am I right?

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Hahaha that's the legal advice he's getting. 

Trump surrounds himself with lawyers like Michael Cohen. And when he has a real attorney around like McGahan, he ultimately runs them off. The Trump Campaign is saying they need their James Baker to step forward. Their James Baker are people like Cohen or Giuliani who are all more interested in making money from foreign oligarchs than understanding the law.

27 minutes ago, slorch said:

another thread, but minimum wage isn't meant to be a "living wage."  Never has been.

Want more, do more.

While I agree with this somewhat, there are a lot of challenged people.  There just are.  And the double whammy is the addition of hard to look at.  A decade ago, I worked for a non-profit that used a storage facility that employed mentally challenged workers.  They stored our publications with a destruction date.  Want to guess where this is going?  

The edit is that mentally challenged also includes brain injuries--auto accidents, veterans, disease, lots of ways to get there.

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I’m not (and have never) watched, but I have to assume it’s Juan Williams. He’s like the only black guy fox employees.

yeah, it's Juan Williams.  he's been around forever.  he was on CNN Crossfire back in the day.  he's the token Democrat and the token black on Fox News.  two birds, one stone.  and his name is Juan.  even better.

The Five is the worst show on Fox News, and that's saying something.

edit: based on clips i see on Twitter.  i don't actually watch that shit, but Jesse Watters and Greg Gutfeld.  good lord.  turrible.

Edited by Jive Turkey

Pat Toomey on CNN and he's not saying that Biden is definitely going to take the state like he did earlier. He said both have paths. Is he backing off his earlier statement or did they tell him to be more neutral? 

If you had to try to keep people watching TV in anticipation of the outcome, would you want to put people on air saying this shit is over?

29 minutes ago, AnTiM said:

The fact that Bannon supports Trump shows just how fkd in the head that whole bunch has become.

Right after Trump took office, I saw an interview with Bannon where he was saying something like Trump's election was a revolutionary event that would fundamentally change America. something like that. It was quite revealing, but I when I saw it I couldn't give it all my attention. I've looked for that interview again and haven't been able to find it.

30 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

have to repeat this...

the stunning wall of silence from the rest of the GOP is sweet.

On one hand they can't support the mad king who has lost but is going off the rails without conceding.  On the other hand, there is a strong likelihood that a Biden presidency and DOJ will result in disclosures of just how much they did enable the corrupt mad king all along.  kind of a paralyzing place to be.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is actually a really good point.

Dems are like the reliable, good guy who drives a sensible car.  He's good looking enough.  And man, he's got a nice house, and a good job, and a plan for family life that will leave them secure and happy.

Repubs are the arrogant ass with a sneer, driving a fancy car that daddy bought, and living large when they go out to dinner (bought on credit).  He's not really nice to her, he's even abusive, but he has swagger and bravado, and talks about all the asses he's kicked (he's never been in a fight in his life) and how he parties in Aruba all the time (he's been once, on a college trip).  Jane knows he's a shitty choice.....but she still hooks up with him at the end of the night.  Because Vette, not Camry.

Dems are shitty marketers.  They need to learn to bullshit and lie better so they can compete.

Dems don’t even need to learn to bullshit, because their policies are actually popular. They need to get better at defining their opponents in voters’ minds and at selling how they’ll help improve people’s lives.

It shouldn’t be nearly as hard as they make it. They fuck up because way too often they just follow opinion polls. This means that, because almost all voters have weird and conflicting opinions about all sorts of shit and too many Dems don’t ever want to risk giving anyone a reason to oppose them, they never talk about anything substantive. The impression they end up giving most undecided voters is that they’re not actually for anything at all.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

While I agree with this somewhat, there are a lot of challenged people.  There just are.  And the double whammy is the addition of hard to look at.  A decade ago, I worked for a non-profit that used a storage facility that employed mentally challenged workers.  They stored our publications with a destruction date.  Want to guess where this is going?  

I'll take a stab.......their alma mater joined the SEC and now they are too busy whooping it up about Alabama's success that nobody gets any work done? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

https://www.theonion.com/trump-files-lawsuit-in-pennsylvania-alleging-election-o-1845587740

Trump Files Lawsuit In Pennsylvania Alleging Election Officials Totally Disregarding His Feelings

spacer.png

WASHINGTON—Blasting the complete lack of empathy, campaign attorneys for President Donald Trump filed a lawsuit in Pennsylvania Thursday alleging state election officials were totally disregarding his feelings. “A lot of these ballots clearly contain information that makes me sad and scared, and it’s just not right,” said Trump, who cautioned the media to refrain from issuing any results that would hurt him. “I’m angry and confused, and I demand that election officials cease being mean immediately. All this vote counting completely flies in the face of my emotions, and I won’t stand for it. We won’t let the Democrats make me cry.” At press time, an angry mob of Trump supporters had surrounded a vote counting facility to demand election officials make the president smile.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Nevada is done. No one has the stones to call it. 

CNN could, since they haven't called AZ yet.  Fox News won't call Nevada since they have called AZ.

then they can both call PA for Biden and that'll be it.

Edited by Jive Turkey

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I posted earlier that I thought Trump had a chance to win the provisional ballots because the R voters had a lower mail in ballot return rate than D voters. My thinking was that they requested to be automatically sent a mail in general election ballot when they requested a mail in primary ballot at the start of the pandemic. Then Trump drove the mistrust of mail in ballots and those people went to the polls. 

someone later posted a link that might have debunked that theory if it was true, that Biden won the provisional ballot split in York county by a pretty wide margin. York is a red county so if Biden is gaining in the provisional ballots there he’ll probably gain overall. 

15 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Won't matter when Biden wins Nevada, and Georgia, and Arizona, and Pennsylvania.

Yep.  That’s the thing.  They can cry all they want but he’s going to win all 4.  And likely by over 20000 votes each.  Nobody is gonna fight to save his orange ass.  They’ll go through some motions then throw their hands up.  What a bunch of stupid motherfuckers...

17 minutes ago, ndawg said:

I'm not naïve at all. I'm on the fucking ledge, dude.

I'm saying that, barring a fairly unlikely comeback to get a 50/50 senate split, the only strategy the Democrats actually have right now involves getting actual legislation through the Senate. The only way to do that is to offer the Republicans things that they claim they want.

No way the Republicans agree to work together with the Democrats on anything. Hence the ledge.

Why do you think this is unlikely when both the GA senate seats are very clearly headed for reunoff making this a 50-50 senate if the dems win the runoffs?