2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

That is an impressively low-quality document.  Devoid of proof or anything more than conclusory allegations.

Especially since there's both a Republican and Democrat chief judge running the show, along with workers of both parties.

42 minutes ago, ndawg said:

If cooperation between the two parties doesn't happen, we're truly fucked. Climate change, COVID... if it's not clear by now that the status quo won't sustain itself, I don't know that there's any hope for this country.

If the Dems were smart, they'd take a big Republican issue like repealing ACA, and offer to work with Republicans on an ACA revamp, agreeing beforehand that both parties could take credit for. Biden could even get Obama's blessing to call it a "repeal and replace" as an olive branch.

Republicans would then be in a position to either publicly reject an offer to make good on their own platform, or they'd be forced to come back to the table and start actually hammering out policy again.

A much easier win would be legislation that would require cigarette pack style warning labels on news entertainment like Maddow or Hannity: "this is news entertainment, and as such, the opinions presented are not subject to the same journalistic standards as our news broadcasting." Revoke WH access to Fox or MSNBC if they don't comply.

I am a lefty idealist, but we need pragmatism to start happening yesterday. Conservatives used to be those pragmatists, but they're now idealists, too, and the two ideals have turned everything into a shitty zero sum game. If we can make more incremental legislation actually HAPPEN, we can get the government moving forward at a pace and direction that a MAJORITY is comfortable with. It's either that or we remain stalled out, and continue drifting into authoritarianism.

Except one party runs on the idea that government is incompetent and can't be trusted, and they keep getting voted back in after doing nothing but obstructing in order to prove how right they are. Pretty damned easy work if you can get it. Their whole platform now is literally nothing -- except tell you how scary the other side is.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Please stop letting Rick Santorum talk.

I had to quit watching CNN.  Between Santorum and Blitzer it's just a fucking beating.  That last interesting thing Blitzer said was during the first gulf war.  Santorum should be quiet and enjoy his google popularity.  He's boring and he's not good at playing the heel.  Plus he has bad opinions.  

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Are the books there taking bets on which state wins the presidency?

A lot of reasons why PA - birthplace of Biden - deserves the honor. 

But it probably comes down to a Republican in Nevada who doesn't want to be the one putting Biden over the top. 

2 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Lol biggest rat 

something to watch is how much the story of the frog and the scorpion plays out.  For all the secrets kept and pardons promised that have been expected all along, a Trump loss just may result in no one getting out alive.  Pathologic narcissism cuts both ways.

• Hook 'Em 1

He's going to fall back on the *plausible deniability call up for his friends if I had to guess.

Either that or low energy . He's coming off all those rallies and now he's got to bs his way through some hot garbage while the rest of the regulars are quietly backing away.

*aka the Stephen Miller special.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

6 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Nothing like death metal + trumpkins.  Ft. First date with my AK.

That guy is a perfect microcosm of Trumpism. A Low-T skinny fat, sloped-shoulders nerd doing karaoke of some song about guns in a high-pitched shriek. All the while he without a doubt thinks he looks like a badass tough guy doing that. Hahaha. What a bunch of geeks.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

something to watch is how much the story of the frog and the scorpion plays out.  For all the secrets kept and pardons promised that have been expected all along, a Trump loss just may result in no one getting out alive.  Pathologic narcissism cuts both ways.

Trump will absolutely take down everybody with him, particularly those that seemed to turn on him at the end, by way of not publicly and rabidly supporting him,  like Mitch, Graham, etc.

Just had the most depressing yet hilarious conversation with my Trumper mom. First time we've talked since election day, and for some reason I thought my parents wouldn't be buying the mail fraud BS. Alas, she's telling me that the courts are going to be reversing the election because they have affidavits from postal workers about the fraud. I can only laugh to mask my embarrassment and shame for them. 

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hey Jr, the second-favorite offspring, this is a great way to turn those 2024 hopefuls against your dad (even more than they apparently already are).

another sign that Trump fam isn't going to let GOP push off in the life boats as they sink.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

gus sorola omg GIF by Rooster Teeth

If the Dems were smart, they'd have bots instigating the shit out of both sides of the Republican Party right now.  Lord knows they're the most easily manipulated fucks on the planet ... 

200_d.gif

Edited by Gap03
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

Please stop letting Rick Santorum talk.

in 2016, Santorum was ok.  he had some actual insight on Election Night.  but since then, he's been cast to play the Trump mouthpiece.  he's the heel, but he's not good at it.

Edited by Jive Turkey