2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I am absolutely seeing relatives and friends going through the five stages of grief on FB.

On the one hand, I've never seen them act like such fucking snowflakes, even with Obama.

On the other hand, I'm not going to be a dick towards them, and have just been asking if there is anything they need, been making neutral recommendations for them to watch something on Netflix or whatever, recommending books, etc.

You're a bigger man than me. I tried to troll some friends with Gritty memes, but none of them have a clue what it is referencing. Took the fun right out of it.

I did call my dad without bringing up the election to his "liberals should all rot in hell" wife, so that was big of me...but she knew damn well why I was calling today of all days.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

What a fucking legit production. Whoever produced this needs a got damn raise and recognition. 

For real, that looked so fucking professional compared to the carny shit of the last 4 years.

Trump's presidential functions had the aesthetic of those scummy daytime commercials aimed at scamming senior citizens.

Edited by BigXII
  • Like 1

I am absolutely seeing relatives and friends going through the five stages of grief on FB.
On the one hand, I've never seen them act like such fucking snowflakes, even with Obama.
On the other hand, I'm not going to be a dick towards them, and have just been asking if there is anything they need, been making neutral recommendations for them to watch something on Netflix or whatever, recommending books, etc.
I'm free if you need a stand in
  • Like 1

You and my spouse.
Between her heaving sobs, she told me she never thought she would see someone like she is---a Type A, strong female---get to that position in her lifetime.  Our 8 year old daughter came to her and asked her if she was sad.  That only made her cry more.  

Over here too. It’s so hard to understand and express how emotional it is to see a woman in power.
  • Like 3

This is probably better suited for the bourbon thread but I don’t think I’ve ever jumped from a glass of blantons straight into a glass of stagg. Blanton'sis my go to bourbon, my favorite reasonably available bourbon. Going from that right into the stagg really smacks you in the face with how huge the stagg really is. 

5 minutes ago, BigXII said:

For real, that looked so fucking professional compared to the carny shit of the last 4 years.

Trump's presidential functions had the aesthetic of those scummy daytime commercials aimed at scamming senior citizens.

Well, he is tight with the my pillow guy, so...

12 minutes ago, G650 said:

All the good entertainment types are liberal

Production values are mainly a function of providing enough funding to let visionaries do whatever they want. Throughout history, the visionaries in film have come from all sorts of ideologies; Birth of the Nation was taught in a class I took at UT, and we also looked at Lemi Riefenstahl and Sergei Eisenstein and the effects of Nazi and soviet propaganda respectively. The ultimate common factor I noticed was having a leader that pumped money into those programs.

Michael Bay has no problems doing right-wing stuff. Fox News follows the same template news machine aesthetic very well because it has significant funding. Trump's administration just wasn't interested in producing more than WCW levels of production is all.

Example:

800.jpeg

Dude a laptop from 2001 and a hacked version of photoshop can do better than this rinky dink shit.

Edited by BigXII

7 hours ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Look, I'm fucking thrilled that Trump is getting his ass kicked, but will never say go OU. I hope Jayhawks sponteously transform into 85 Bears and whip some Sooner ass.

Narrator: They did not spontaneously transform and what followed should never be shown to women and children.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I am bawling.

I didn’t realize how much seeing a woman up there would effect me.

yeah, me too 

also...after the game i took a 4 hour nap. i think i'd had about 20 hours sleep this week. 

i was exhausted. Donald Trump has exhausted America. 

gtfo.gif

• Like 2

Still some battles left to fight - with the turn in the Court. But yes - the lifting of the weight is a godsend. 

For sure. I keep trying to see this in context though, only four times in our history have we been able to deny a first term president a second term. Herculean really. I also think covid got in the way of down ballot wins. Progressives didn’t campaign in person and republicans did. That was a big difference.