2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Does @Anastasis know you are stealing his bit?

Here's the thing about delegitimizing out-party governance. There's high quality political science research from Thomas Mann and Norman Ornstein at AEI and many others that demonstrates that the Republican party has radicalized to a far greater degree than Democratic voters or other groups. In 2012, Mann and Ornstein identified two major factors driving the dysfunction of our politcs. The first was that our legislative system, unlike a parliamentary system, makes it difficult for majorities to act (See the "Hastert Rule", McConnell's virtually unprecedented refusal to bring bills with overwhelming, broad bipartisan support to the floor to avoid bipartisan success). The Second feature was outlined as follows: 

The Republican Party has become an insurgent outlier — ideologically extreme; contemptuous of the inherited social and economic regime; scornful of compromise; unpersuaded by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition

You can choose to reject that out of hand, and many Republicans have. Or you can pretend that it's a universal phenomenon as you do, above. But it's not. And the best example of that emerged over the last three weeks, when the sitting Republican president of the united states attempted to overturn the results of a free and fair election through a combination of legal chicanery and open political pressure on state legislatures and local officials. 
He wasn't alone in that effort. He enjoyed the broad support of most Republican voters, and a combination of vocal support or silent assent from elected Republican office holders at the Federal level.  And it wasn't some reaction, either - it was the plan, all along.  The plan was to overturn the result if things didn't go their way, and it might have worked had Fox not called Arizona on election night. 

That's not both sides, and it's not just Trump. Trump is just an avatar. That's your party. Your party just attempted to steal a presidential election. Your party literally hosted Sydney Powell and Giuliani's crazy press conference. Your party is still, STILL raising money claiming to be fighting to reverse the results of the election. Your party, officially, asked a state board of canvassers to delay certification despite the clear limits of their ministerial duty in the system, to recount Georgia for a third time,  to make wild accusations without evidence, and on and on. That's not both sides. 

There is no Democrat Marjorie Taylor Greene in congress. There is no Democrat Louis Gohmert. There is no Democrat Donald Trump, and there is no Democratic plurality that buys into some left wing equivalent of the Q conspiracy. That's your party, alone, and it has drifted out of the American political tradition. And God help us if you don't come to your senses, because we (meaning, Americans who still beleive in Democracy and the rule of law) can't have a Republic without you. 

The Republican Party, in its current form, must die.

At the very least, it must be punished. I fear a lot of center-righties like me will vote R again post-Trump.

I sure af won't be. I hold grudges. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the past 4 years have also clarified how dangerous a strong centralized government can be.

Indeed not. In fact one of the most interesting things about this mess is that state and local officials saved us from the abyss while the likes of John Cornyn stood on the sidelines and Ted Cruz cheered for the end of the Republic. Another reminder why we don't need centrally organized federal elections. You want an Emily Murphy deciding who wins the Presidential election?

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Does [mention=179]Anastasis[/mention] know you are stealing his bit?

Here's the thing about delegitimizing out-party governance. There's high quality political science research from Thomas Mann and Norman Ornstein at AEI and many others that demonstrates that the Republican party has radicalized to a far greater degree than Democratic voters or other groups. In 2012, Mann and Ornstein identified two major factors driving the dysfunction of our politcs. The first was that our legislative system, unlike a parliamentary system, makes it difficult for majorities to act (See the "Hastert Rule", McConnell's virtually unprecedented refusal to bring bills with overwhelming, broad bipartisan support to the floor to avoid bipartisan success). The Second feature was outlined as follows: 
The Republican Party has become an insurgent outlier — ideologically extreme; contemptuous of the inherited social and economic regime; scornful of compromise; unpersuaded by conventional understanding of facts, evidence and science; and dismissive of the legitimacy of its political opposition

You can choose to reject that out of hand, and many Republicans have. Or you can pretend that it's a universal phenomenon as you do, above. But it's not. And the best example of that emerged over the last three weeks, when the sitting Republican president of the united states attempted to overturn the results of a free and fair election through a combination of legal chicanery and open political pressure on state legislatures and local officials. 
He wasn't alone in that effort. He enjoyed the broad support of most Republican voters, and a combination of vocal support or silent assent from elected Republican office holders at the Federal level.  And it wasn't some reaction, either - it was the plan, all along.  The plan was to overturn the result if things didn't go their way, and it might have worked had Fox not called Arizona on election night. 
That's not both sides, and it's not just Trump. Trump is just an avatar. That's your party. Your party just attempted to steal a presidential election. Your party literally hosted Sydney Powell and Giuliani's crazy press conference. Your party is still, STILL raising money claiming to be fighting to reverse the results of the election. Your party, officially, asked a state board of canvassers to delay certification despite the clear limits of their ministerial duty in the system, to recount Georgia for a third time,  to make wild accusations without evidence, and on and on. That's not both sides. 
There is no Democrat Marjorie Taylor Greene in congress. There is no Democrat Louis Gohmert. There is no Democrat Donald Trump, and there is no Democratic plurality that buys into some left wing equivalent of the Q conspiracy. That's your party, alone, and it has drifted out of the American political tradition. And God help us if you don't come to your senses, because we (meaning, Americans who still beleive in Democracy and the rule of law) can't have a Republic without you. 

All of this.

The other thing to note - we focus on the Q followers, the racists, white suprematists and the non-college educated and rural white voters as the core of trumps votes. Let’s be real though, 70 million voted for him. There are still a ton of voters who only vote based on abortion or taxes. I would put that number at 30-40 million easy.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, troph said:

The other thing to note - we focus on the Q followers, the racists, white suprematists and the non-college educated and rural white voters as the core of trumps votes. Let’s be real though, 70 million voted for him. There are still a ton of voters who only vote based on abortion or taxes. I would put that number at 30-40 million easy.

You’re not necessarily wrong, but abortion is fading as an issue amongst Americans under 30. You can get affordable Plan B at Target.

Railing against abortion now is basically trying to force parents of planned pregnancies to have children with Downs Syndrome or other genetic diseases we are able to screen for now.  

42 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The stock market isn't the economy!!! 

So what is Maria Bartiromo going to say today. On election day she was saying that the stock market going up was a signal to everyone that Trump was going to win and the stock market was liking it. Maybe she read it wrong maybe it was a signal for Joe Biden winning.

10 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

So what is Maria Bartiromo going to say today. On election day she was saying that the stock market going up was a signal to everyone that Trump was going to win and the stock market was liking it. Maybe she read it wrong maybe it was a signal for Joe Biden winning.

if there is anything i have learned in the last 4 years is that memories are short and/or selective.

being wrong in 2020 doesn't affect ones standing like it may have 50 years ago.

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

I'd like to think that the last thing what went through President Trump's head, other than that bullet, was how the hell Joe Biden ever got the best of him. 

serious question for those of you with mental illness insights.  Do narcissists typically tile one way or the other on suicide?  I would think they'd be an outlier group that is either wildly more prone to suicide or wildly much less likely to commit suicide than those in the "normal" range.  Once their illusion is torn down, I could see them either wanting to end it before facing reality, or simply not accepting that the illusion has been disproven and pressing on to rebuild it until they die of natural causes.  A few years from now, faced with serious indictments, out of money, waining support/no prospects of running seriously in 2024, family that doesn't talk to him, wife in another city, a legacy exposed, etc.  Obviously it's hard to kill yourself with secret service around all the time, but it's not impossible.  Drug overdose comes to mind.  

Yes.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=narcissistic+personality+disorder+and+suicide&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

However, studies suggest that NPD is associated with suicidal behavior (Stone 1989, Links et al. 2003, Heisel et al. 2007). For example, a 15-year follow up study of patients admitted to a psychiatric hospital in New York showed that patients with NPD or narcissistic traits were significantly more likely to die from suicide compared to individuals without NPD or narcissistic traits (Stone 1989). Another study found that depressed older adults with narcissistic personalities were at increased suicide risk (Heisel et al. 2007). It has been observed that patients with NPD can be at elevated suicide risk not only during periods when they are depressed but also during periods when they are not suffering from depression (Ronningstam & Maltsberger 1998). Suicidal behavior in individuals with NPD has been explained by the fact that their self-esteem is fragile and suicide attempt may be a response to a perceived narcissistic injury (Perry 1990). It has been suggested that suicidal behavior in individuals with NPD can be a) an attempt to increase self-esteem via a sense of mastery; b) an attempt to defend themselves against expected narcissistic threats; c) a revengeful action against narcissistic damage; d) a false assumption of indestructibility (immortality?); and e) desire to abolish an imperfect self (Ronningstam & Maltsberger 1998). It is important to note that NPD is frequently comorbid with other personality disorders such as borderline personality disorder. Comorbid personality disorders may substantially contribute to suicidality observed in individuals with NPD.

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, DigDug said:

wtf does she mean all youse that voted for Biden, this is what you get?  
No shit lady, we get a new president.

If she had not called out the liberals I would have thought she voted for Biden with We the People and we put an end to the corruption and the fraud.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

WoAs2BrvlLYGelyQXamWQCIQ1o1-wJCP8zh2HE6e

BC bringing the thunder.

Exhibit eleventy billion in the case of "Every accusation is a confession."

Here's something for Ag with Kids to ponder.  Back in the Hornfans days, I was a moderate GWB defender.  I regularly said "there's plenty of stuff to criticize W for, but I think his critics have lost their minds, and are accusing him of shit for which there is no evidence, and no rational basis for that belief."  And now, I'm saying the EXACT same things about Trumpkins, and their insane ramblings about evil Dems.

Back in the Hornfans days, I regularly cited to The Economist as a source for information and and editorial approach with which I largely agreed.  On the human scale (meaning, considering all global political systems), The Economist is a center-right publication.  And I am a center-right person.

In Trumpmerica, that EXACT same approach -- what is center-right all over the world, and what was considered center-right here in the US for DECADES, now makes me a "soy boy libtard."

Something changed.  It wasn't The Economist.  By and large, it wasn't me.  ONE fucking wing of our political system went absolutely mental, and off the deep end.  Your wing.  Own it.

Yeah it’s like there used to be ten paces on the political spectrum from left to right, and I was one pace right of center, 6 from the left and 4 from the right.  The left didn’t move, I didn’t move, the right moved 6 paces further right, and suddenly, though I’m still standing 6 paces from the left, I’m now 2 paces left of center. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

The Republican Party, in its current form, must die.

At the very least, it must be punished. I fear a lot of center-righties like me will vote R again post-Trump.

I sure af won't be. I hold grudges. 

I don’t believe in an awful lot of the left’s agenda, but I will vote for it 100 times over to punish the Republicans for what they have done.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

He has history from old sites. He was never smart but it's just easier to see now. 

Used to be that the utter foolishness of GO TEAM GO politics was hard for some people to grasp because the deleterious effects were not as obvious to those lacking foresight. Guys like Ag With Kids and TahoeHorn. But now that the effects have been realized it takes a different kind of malevolent ignorance to still be oblivious. Bozo_Casanova still holds out hope for that type because they're not completely hopeless, but for me it's not worth the effort because they are willfully stupid and that's even worse than people who are unaware they're being dumb. Those who are unaware can be educated. Those who are willfully ignorant will refuse to learn, mostly because their pride won't let them admit that the people who were telling them this would happen for years were right and they were wrong. 

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

-Martin Luther King Jr.

20 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Fucking sweet.  He's always wanted to go down in history.  How about worst president in U.S. history, first president to fail in trying to instigate a civil war, and first one to commit suicide.   You smell that Trumpers?  That's the magic trifecta?  It's the perfect ending to his self-delusional existence...to take his own life.  I fucking love it.  How can we help?

He can't do the car in the garage or self-inflicted gunshot.  He can't drive or handle a weapon, despite being a "real man's man."  Won't have the time to hang himself or drown because agents check on him all the time even after leaving office.  Also, despite "owning" multiple resorts, he's never been reporting swimming in 50 years.  

I would think only drug overdose or slitting wrists/neck would be the only ones he'd be able to do with agents around him at most times. 

Let's see how we can help him out, America.  Oh, sorry...we're not supposed to want despotic mass murderers dead.  It's beyond him to take the honorable way out.............

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Fucking sweet.  He's always wanted to go down in history.  How about worst president in U.S. history, first president to fail in trying to instigate a civil war, and first one to commit suicide.   You smell that Trumpers?  That's the magic trifecta?  It's the perfect ending to his self-delusional existence...to take his own life.  I fucking love it.  How can we help?

He can't do the car in the garage or self-inflicted gunshot.  He can't drive or handle a weapon, despite being a "real man's man."  Won't have the time to hang himself or drown because agents check on him all the time even after leaving office.  Also, despite "owning" multiple resorts, he's never been reporting swimming in 50 years.  

I would think only drug overdose or slitting wrists/neck would be the only ones he'd be able to do with agents around him at most times. 

Let's see how we can help him out, America.  Oh, sorry...we're not supposed to want despotic mass murderers dead.  It's beyond him to take the honorable way out.............

I'm sure he could get a gun if he asks nicely.

Warden Norton's Suicide on Make a GIF

P.S. This is surly so I of course I don't actually want this to happen . . . but maybe? #louisck

Edited by 'stache

1 hour ago, DigDug said:

wtf does she mean all youse that voted for Biden, this is what you get?  
No shit lady, we get a new president.

Her talking points seemed to be:

- Liberals will regret voting for Biden.

- No one voted for Biden.

- Hit me up if you want some free lettuce.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I'm still wondering when everyone's car became a damn recording studio?  Can you not do this shit in your house instead?

Because even your own family can't hear how fucking stupid you sound when you are alone inside the car.