2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

here in texas, the system appears to me to be foolproof.  the only potential for anything outside of perfection would be a poll worker's failure to determine eligibility (not registered, already voted, etc.) before they hand you the blank card which is printed out by the voting machine.  printing the card at the voting machine and then scanning the card when you turn it in is a firewall against fuckups while simultaneously enables "instant" totals.  this "workflow" needs to be implemented for mail-in ballots and every type of early voting in every state.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

here in texas, the system appears to me to be foolproof.  the only potential for anything outside of perfection would be a poll worker's failure to determine eligibility (not registered, already voted, etc.) before they hand you the blank card which is printed out by the voting machine.  printing the card at the voting machine and then scanning the card when you turn it in is a firewall against fuckups while simultaneously enables "instant" totals.  this "workflow" needs to be implemented for mail-in ballots and every type of early voting in every state.

yeah, the states that refused to start counting/prepping mail in ballots prior to election day is criminal.  No one batted an eye when when Texas was blue for the first 2 hours or so as mostly red votes came in during the night and eventually the state turned red.  But for states that did not process mail in voting beforehand and the state turned from red to blue it's somehow a conspiracy. 

10 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

yeah, the states that refused to start counting/prepping mail in ballots prior to election day is criminal.  No one batted an eye when when Texas was blue for the first 2 hours or so as mostly red votes came in during the night and eventually the state turned red.  But for states that did not process mail in voting beforehand and the state turned from red to blue it's somehow a conspiracy. 

PA's GOP legislature caused that in PA.  They specifically made it so that ballots could not be prepped before election day.  Fuck them.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

The GOP legislatures did this intentionally knowing there was no way a state could process and count 3 million mail in ballots in 1 day. The day after the election, worst case scenario Trump and his team can cry fraud, best case scenario they have days to file lawsuits in a hope to delay or stop the count. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Is the system statewide?

I worked as a poll watcher election night, and the system is badass and bombproof. Election judge prints out two copies of all vote totals and places in locking envelopes with one also containing a usb drive containing all the vote totals that can be uploaded quickly. Actually ballots are counted, signed by the judge and placed in a locked box and taken in by the sheriff.

Ballots are only issued if the voter is registered in that county and has a mailing address in that county. It's impossible for a ballot to printed otherwise, any discrancy results in a provisional ballot that gets reviewed.

The only improvement I can see would be getting more information out to voters regarding Id requirements, registration and address info.
A lot of people were turned away because they came with a picture of thier Id, were not registered at all, registered in another county, or were registered in Travis County but were not savy enough to claim residence in Travis (Texas State students, dude living with dad during a divorce). Target rich area for messaging to drive up vote count.
  • Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

No shit, looks like Trump's election night was another super spreader event

The party that was held illegally when Trump used the White House to host a political event?

Of course, given how broke his campaign is I guess it makes sense but he should answer for it.

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Mississippi gonna secede?

That sounds like either a threat to be ignored or an offer to be accepted.  Good fucking riddance.  Most worthless state in the country.  

I challenge anyone to name one thing this country would miss if Mississippi left.

Well, when I rush the QB while playing touch football, am I supposed to count out "One California, Two California, Three California?"  It just doesn't sound right.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Well, when I rush the QB while playing touch football, am I supposed to count out "One California, Two California, Three California?"  It just doesn't sound right.

No, man.  It'll still have the same name.  It'll just be the name of a failed foreign state.  Kind of like counting out "One South Sudan, Two South Sudan, Three South Sudan."

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Hey man, they can secede but they don't get to take the whole Mississippi River.

Y'all hear that? We talkin bout the Mississippi RIVER.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Very interesting thread about a focus group of Trump voters. They all said they were leaning Biden two weeks out but ultimately voted for Trump.

00c0d8f38d861c73a95fdc8670854f79.jpg

Some of their reasoning is mind boggling.

Bottom line from these assholes:  They're cool with the racist shit head because they're afraid Biden might take away their girl's lunches at the cafe.

13 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Very interesting thread about a focus group of Trump voters. They all said they were leaning Biden two weeks out but ultimately voted for Trump.

00c0d8f38d861c73a95fdc8670854f79.jpg

Some of their reasoning is mind boggling.

This is why the founding fathers only allowed property owning men the right to vote.

2 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

This is why the founding fathers only allowed property owning *white* men the right to vote.

FIFY, and...Yeah, well, property owning white men don't exactly have a fantastic track record in this election either, my man. 

Edited by SydneyCarton