2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

With Bernie stepping aside, the matchup seems set.  Obviously something unexpected like a death, Joe being caught with a dead girl, or Donny being caught with a live boy, could derail this run off, but those probably aren't likely at this point.  It's the ultra establishment matchup, an east coast, corporatist career politician for the Democrats vs a corrupt, silver spoon, corporatist career provocateur for the GOP.  It's not the election the country needs, but it probably is the election the country deserves.  Both have quite obviously lost their fastballs and were already blunder machines in their prime, so this should be entertaining if not instructive in the effects of senility.  And all against the backdrop of a viral pandemic.  Woo Hoo!

Regardless, this will probably get very ugly with about 100 days left, but I saw a tweet we were now under 200 days until Election Day, so why not?  Let's do this.  

Interactive Map:

https://www.270towin.com/

2016 Results:

oKgr9.png

Polling sites:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html

https://www.270towin.com/2020-polls-biden-trump/

Campaign links:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

https://joebiden.com/

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden

Odds:

https://www.predictit.org/

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/en/politics-betting-2378961

Post your links, debate your opinions, call your shots.  Remember, we're all Americans so be good to one another.  

biden-trump-2020-us-election-2020-474987

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Yeah, I’ve pretty much concluded that the only actual landmine is if he said he wanted to raise taxes by a single penny.  The pocketbook is all they really care about, so that might actually lose them just like it caused GHWB to go from 90% approval to out on his ass after one term.

Shooting people on 5th Avenue, abortion, etc., would be rationalized.

I think he could not only raise taxes, but he could spin it around and say that it will be off-set by the "billions and billions of dollars we are taking in from China from tariffs". His cult would see that and nod their head because they have no more understanding of tariffs than that toothless jackal does. 

I’ll be sitting this election out. I’ve voted lesser of two evils for a while, but these latest bailouts have made it untenable for me. Both sides of the aisle so in favor of bailing out shitty behavior and even rewarding it, while attaching all kinds of strings and all kinds of shitty big govt inefficiency screwing things up with the process. And it’s just beginning. Whoever wins will be throwing money at all kinds of shit to try to hold it all together. These people are scumbags of the highest order. Let it burn.  

I’ll be watching and prepping for the fires to come. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I’ll be sitting this election out. I’ve voted lesser of two evils for a while, but these latest bailouts have made it untenable for me. Both sides of the aisle so in favor of bailing out shitty behavior and even rewarding it, while attaching all kinds of strings and all kinds of shitty big govt inefficiency screwing things up with the process. And it’s just beginning. Whoever wins will be throwing money at all kinds of shit to try to hold it all together. These people are scumbags of the highest order. Let it burn.  

In 2016, you pulled the pin on the grenade, tossed it into the crowd, ran from it and now you want to be neutral? 

• Like 4

Biden doesn't have a chance in hell. Trump will lose the popular vote by a slightly bigger margin than 2016 and lose 1 or 2 rust belt states he won back then. Other than that the electoral college map will stay the same. Also lulzed at Florida being a swing state, that place is as red as Texas and will be for a very long time. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Biden doesn't have a chance in hell. Trump will lose the popular vote by a slightly bigger margin than 2016 and lose 1 or 2 rust belt states he won back then. Other than that the electoral college map will stay the same. Also lulzed at Florida being a swing state, that place is as red as Texas and will be for a very long time. 

largely correct - Trump will lose the popular vote bigly and win the electoral college pretty handily.  

You guys are falling for the media line.  They'll tell you it's a close race and tune in tomorrow night for the finish.  Meanwhile, Trump's numbers are complete and utter dogshit.  There is no way Biden is losing this race and he'll win states Hillary didn't come close to winning.  People in Wisconsin just stood in line in the cold at the risk of their health to vote against Republicans.  This won't be close.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

largely correct - Trump will lose the popular vote bigly and win the electoral college pretty handily.  

you’re projecting a lot more suppression than me, but i suppose anything’s possible. 

until i see any polling that remotely shows otherwise, he’s fucking toast. 

53 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

In 2016, you pulled the pin on the grenade, tossed it into the crowd, ran from it and now you want to be neutral? 

Not exactly. Hillary was a non starter for me.

You throw in Trump’s seeming anti establishment rhetoric and the second amendment issue and I was willing to pull the lever.  Hillary could’ve pulled the pin in any number of ways.  She’d be bailing out and throwing free money at all these shitheads without blinking. 

At this point Trump’s only real positives are his belligerence towards China, a dangerous state, and the second amendment issue. 

Really the only reason to vote R at this point is the second amendment. It’s the only thing that gives the average person any standing against the government. Whether for ideological reasons or financial ones, they’re right on that. 

I have good news for Surly. If Joe wins he’s gonna totally restore decorum to the grift that his cabinet selected by Citigroup is handling. You’ll feel good about yourself as he bails out corporate scum bags. 

If he doesn’t shit himself on live TV. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Not exactly. Hillary was a non starter for me.

You throw in Trump’s seeming anti establishment rhetoric and the second amendment issue and I was willing to pull the lever.  Hillary could’ve pulled the pin in any number of ways.  She’d be bailing out and throwing free money at all these shitheads without blinking. 

At this point Trump’s only real positives are his belligerence towards China, a dangerous state, and the second amendment issue. 

Funny how you use this as an example of how Hillary was bad, but Trump did this with his tax law in 2017 and what he's doing today.

And what's happening now is necessary; no matter who the President is.  But you did spell it out clearly that would be a negative for you for Hillary.

13 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I have good news for Surly. If Joe wins he’s gonna totally restore decorum to the grift that his cabinet selected by Citigroup is handling. You’ll feel good about yourself as he bails out corporate scum bags. 

If he doesn’t While he shits himself on live TV. 

Fixed

Edited by Poolflood
Fixed
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Funny how you use this as an example of how Hillary was bad, but Trump did this with his tax law in 2017 and what he's doing today.

And what's happening now is necessary; no matter who the President is.  But you did spell it out clearly that would be a negative for you for Hillary.

What part of what is happening now would you call necessary?

21 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I presume that's part of the reason he said he won't vote for Trump again

27 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

If he doesn’t shit himself on live TV. 

and the shit stain in his pants would have more ability and competence than what we have currently in the oval office. similar smellscape too i would imagine. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

You guys are falling for the media line.  They'll tell you it's a close race and tune in tomorrow night for the finish.  Meanwhile, Trump's numbers are complete and utter dogshit.  There is no way Biden is losing this race and he'll win states Hillary didn't come close to winning.  People in Wisconsin just stood in line in the cold at the risk of their health to vote against Republicans.  This won't be close.

41 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Yep, it won't be that close.

You voted for trump. So you cause the fire then decide to “sit it out” after the guy you voted for and supported destroyed the country.
What a principled stand you are taking. 
He's a regular Profile in Courage, isn't he?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Thanks for giving us a preview of next several months of trump dumbass troll supporting posts. Keep it up and fuck off troll. 

Dude is toast. 

27 minutes ago, WBT said:

The media needs the horse race to keep up ratings. Its all a lie. Trump is done. We might even see Mondale type numbers except certain states are too dumbass to make it at that level. 

Edited by JimmyJames

44 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

What part of what is happening now would you call necessary?

You are right.  None of it is.

Meantime, 22 million have filed for unemployment, countless businesses nationwide may never return and state/city/county governments are going to be in a world of pain for the next 12-24 months.  But none of this is necessary.

No way he wins, I woulda said differently two months ago but with this economy, even if it goes well the next 3-4 months he’s gone. Second quarter numbers will be record breaking and precipitous declines in GDP. That headline coupled with how he handled February, he’s getting trounced.

Look at that 2016 electoral map. Are you kidding me? Does anyone see that repeating in this environment?

He’s toast, it’s the ONE good thing coming out of this pandemic.

None of this was inevitable. With a competent administration we could have done what South Korea, Iceland, Taiwan, or even Germany would have done. And did do.

But I guess we didn’t have the money to do it.

What a crock of shit. 

Enjoy the quarantine you trumpkin  shitheads. 

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

You aren't wrong here but I still disagree.  First off politics is a game of giving the people what they want.  Right now what they want is to be given stuff without having to pay for it.  That isn't the politicians fault.  That is the fault of society in general, and in particular the people who are voting.  This isn't going to change until the mindset of the electorate changes.  Secondly, I'm willing to listen and agree to an extent on the "both parties are the same"  when it comes to spending money or kissing Wall Street's ass.  However they are nowhere near the same on non-economic matters.  Democrats are already declaring war on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Amendments(at least on any case involving Trump or a Supreme Court nominee).  Democrats are way more hell bent on regulating every aspect of your life than Republicans are. 

Yes, this can be seen as having to decide between the lesser of two evils.  I look at it as having to choose between what is at this point in time a necessary evil (Republicans) versus an unnecessary greater evil (Democrats).  There may not seem to be any difference between any particular Republican politician and any particular Democrat politician but there is a difference between the two political parties philosophically today, though it might not be intentional.  The Democrats are absolutely obsessed with political power and control.  They are easily the most authoritarian, tyrannical version of a political party that has existed in this country in my lifetime.  I hate the core of their party with every fiber of my being.  Not the ordinary Democrat voter, but the political organizers, financial backers, lobbyists, media sycophants, and string pulling weasels that have control of the party's inner workings.  Now Republicans may wish to behave in the same way, they may not.  It is so hard to tell because there are so many factions to the party that they never all move in the same direction at any time and they have the built in disadvantage of not having the media's lips attached to their ass on every single political issue.  If you think there is no difference between the parties or politicians ask yourself what are the chances of The Green New Deal being passed and signed into law with Republicans controlling Congress and sitting in the White House versus Democrats controlling Congress and sitting in the White House.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 5

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

you’re projecting a lot more suppression than me, but i suppose anything’s possible. 

37 minutes ago, WBT said:

11 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

The media needs the horse race to keep up ratings. Its all a lie. Trump is done. We might even see Mondale type numbers except certain states are too dumbass to make it at that level. 

1 minute ago, troph said:

No way he wins, I woulda said differently two months ago but with this economy, even if it goes well the next 3-4 months he’s gone. Second quarter numbers will be record breaking and precipitous declines in GDP. That headline coupled with how he handled February, he’s getting trounced.

Look at that 2016 electoral map. Are you kidding me? Does anyone see that repeating in this environment?

I really hope each of you are correct - I respectfully disagree and claiming the election is over when there's still time left on the clock is foolish.

This is going to be dogfight and the GOP and Trump will pull out every dirty trick in the book in an attempt to make Biden as unlikeable as Hillary (and Trump).  You are already seeing it with these donor-funded protests and fox News rantings by their idiots - the sole purpose of which is to drive up polarization in this country.

And voter suppression is going to be something to behold.  Can't wait to see about 5000x more polling places in Wilco and Katy than in Austin and Houston.

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

trump won Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania by a combined 75K votes over Hilary ( give or take). Hilary has to be one of the most disliked candidates we’ve seen in years. We also had Comey’s stupid ass reopen the FBI investigation against her about one week before the election. Trump and his campaign slowly bled out Wikileaks on a daily basis for the last 3 months of the campaign. Hilary didn’t campaign in Wisconsin and Michigan.

despite all of these epic mistakes by the Clinton campaign, trump still needed what amounted to be an inside straight to win the presidency. 

African Americans didn’t show up for Clinton and we’ve already seen in the primary that they will show up for Biden. Their will be change in the electoral map. That change will benefit Biden, but I could see Biden possibly losing to Trump but it would have to be 270-268 Or a very close electoral margin. 

trump is not and he never will be popular. The guy is going to have a hell of a fight in front of him to win again.

Edited by Voldemort86

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

What's gonna be not so funny is when we just fall back and blame Russia again for our own political failings. 

Latest Trump ad, apparently running "in battleground states":

22 minutes ago, troph said:

troph is 100% correct.

16 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

trump won Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania by a combined 75K votes over Hilary ( give or take). Hilary has to be one of the most disliked candidates we’ve seen in years. We also had Comey’s stupid ass reopen the FBI investigation against her about one week before the election. Trump and his campaign slowly bled out Wikileaks on a daily basis for the last 3 months of the campaign. Hilary didn’t campaign in Wisconsin and Michigan.

despite all of these epic mistakes by the Clinton campaign, trump still needed what amounted to be an inside straight to win the presidency. 

African Americans didn’t show up for Clinton and we’ve already seen in the primary that they will show up for Biden. Their will be change in the electoral map. That change will benefit Biden, but I could see Biden possibly losing to Trump but it would have to be 270-268 Or a very close electoral margin. 

trump is not and he never will be popular. The guy is going to have a hell of a fight in front of him to win again.

So is Voldemort. 

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

You represent left leaning both sides. I’ll take the right. Garbage all of them. 

Uh, no.

20 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

You aren't wrong here but I still disagree.  First off politics is a game of giving the people what they want.  Right now what they want is to be given stuff without having to pay for it.  That isn't the politicians fault.  That is the fault of society in general, and in particular the people who are voting.  This isn't going to change until the mindset of the electorate changes.  Secondly, I'm willing to listen and agree to an extent on the "both parties are the same"  when it comes to spending money or kissing Wall Street's ass.  However they are nowhere near the same on non-economic matters.  Democrats are already declaring war on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Amendments(at least on any case involving Trump or a Supreme Court nominee).  Democrats are way more hell bent on regulating every aspect of your life than Republicans are. 

Yes, this can be seen as having to decide between the lesser of two evils.  I look at it as having to choose between what is at this point in time a necessary evil (Republicans) versus an unnecessary greater evil (Democrats).  There may not seem to be any difference between any particular Republican politician and any particular Democrat politician but there is a difference between the two political parties philosophically today, though it might not be intentional.  The Democrats are absolutely obsessed with political power and control.  They are easily the most authoritarian, tyrannical version of a political party that has existed in this country in my lifetime.  I hate the core of their party with every fiber of my being.  Not the ordinary Democrat voter, but the political organizers, financial backers, lobbyists, media sycophants, and string pulling weasels that have control of the party's inner workings.  Now Republicans may wish to behave in the same way, they may not.  It is so hard to tell because there are so many factions to the party that they never all move in the same direction at any time and they have the built in disadvantage of not having the media's lips attached to their ass on every single political issue.  If you think there is no difference between the parties or politicians ask yourself what are the chances of The Green New Deal being passed and signed into law with Republicans controlling Congress and sitting in the White House versus Democrats controlling Congress and sitting in the White House.

The Republicans currently have zero political philosophy except to hold on to power, and right now that means supporting Trump no matter what.

Trump is shit.  Trump is not a Republican, nor is he any kind of conservative.  He hasn't enacted any legislation consistent with actual Republican ideas, other than bigotry and feeding the rich.  The only decent legislation passed under his watch was the First Step Act and then he only preyed on Republican fear of him.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Uh, no.

The Republicans currently have zero political philosophy except to hold on to power, and right now that means supporting Trump no matter what.

Trump is shit.  Trump is not a Republican.  He hasn't enacted any legislation consistent with actual Republican ideas, other than bigotry and feeding the rich.  The only decent legislation passed under his watch was the First Step Act.

Yeah, the Trump supporters here are going to have to explain to me what they believe in cause I have no idea other than fealty to all things Trump.

Or maybe they can explain to me how Trump is conservative.

With a good economy and with republican voter suppression techniques,  it was theoretically possible that somehow trump might have stolen the election. Not that he actually would have won, mind you. But he might have been able to steal it.

That is no longer possible. We can debate, worry, wretch or whatever, but the fact remains that if trump is still the Republican candidate in November, he will lose. That is a fact and no amount of CNN, drudge report, or Alex Jones crap is gonna change that fact. 

Its alls over except the trolling. Which will continue unabated.

Edited by JimmyJames

11 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Yeah, the Trump supporters here are going to have to explain to me what they believe in cause I have no idea other than fealty to all things Trump.

Or maybe they can explain to me how Trump is conservative.

Trumpkins want trump to destroy the world because their world sucks. He gets them to believe its the dems fault so they want the dems to go down too.

• Like 2