2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

The dems have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory many times...can't count shit until that fat orange fuck is being dragged out of the WH, kicking and screaming.  Dotard has given hundreds of clips that can be aired over and over to secure the votes needed.  Just don't stop pounding the pavement and making serious efforts to get the vote out. 

You know Trump will be playing dirty af when it comes to voter suppression.  

• Like 2

The nightmare is never over. Every single election is "the biggest election of our lives". There is never a Republican/Democrat who isn't considered by Democrats/Republicans to be the spawn of Satan who must be opposed at all costs. There's never a time for principled decisions because it's always 11:59PM on the doomsday clock.

As ChiTown says, the only solution is to push. Get involved. Get active. Call for Joe, knock doors, volunteer.

I won't say the same for Trump, because if you want to volunteer for Trump the link I want to send you to will probably get me banned for promoting self-harm.

Also, as ChiTown says, Democrats are adept at losing when they should win, so actually getting involved in a real way will be the difference between winning and losing. Joe Biden is going to be in top gear alienating potential voters and making it really muddy for independents; you can help him despite himself. 

When I saw the thread title I thought, "OK... how many posts until someone tries to make this about me? I'll say 8." Literally the first response to OP and then another immediately afterwards. lol

• Like 2

troph is 100% correct.
So is Voldemort. 

Logically they are, but...
The dems have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory many times...can't count shit until that fat orange fuck is being dragged out of the WH, kicking and screaming.  Dotard has given hundreds of clips that can be aired over and over to secure the votes needed.  Just don't stop pounding the pavement and making serious efforts to get the vote out. 
You know Trump will be playing dirty af when it comes to voter suppression.  

Yeah. I'll believe it when I see it.

If Trump's really a favorite in betting markets that's pretty tempting though.

3 hours ago, Larry T. Spider said:

Gambling odds aren’t always right, especially 7 months out, but trump is still a -150 favorite. Of course Hillary was a bigger favorite than that on actual Election Day. Just want to give the “trump is gone for sure” crowd a little pause. 

But it’s funnier when they think it’s a done deal and play the moral superiority card. 

thinking Trump is done for assumes that there will be a legitimate, or even semi-legitimate election process.  that is not a good assumption.  there is literally zero chance that Republicans will allow that to happen.  they are actively working to ensure it won’t. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

You aren't wrong here but I still disagree.  First off politics is a game of giving the people what they want.  Right now what they want is to be given stuff without having to pay for it.  That isn't the politicians fault.  That is the fault of society in general, and in particular the people who are voting.  This isn't going to change until the mindset of the electorate changes.  Secondly, I'm willing to listen and agree to an extent on the "both parties are the same"  when it comes to spending money or kissing Wall Street's ass.  However they are nowhere near the same on non-economic matters.  Democrats are already declaring war on the 1st, 2nd, and 4th Amendments(at least on any case involving Trump or a Supreme Court nominee).  Democrats are way more hell bent on regulating every aspect of your life than Republicans are. 

Yes, this can be seen as having to decide between the lesser of two evils.  I look at it as having to choose between what is at this point in time a necessary evil (Republicans) versus an unnecessary greater evil (Democrats).  There may not seem to be any difference between any particular Republican politician and any particular Democrat politician but there is a difference between the two political parties philosophically today, though it might not be intentional.  The Democrats are absolutely obsessed with political power and control.  They are easily the most authoritarian, tyrannical version of a political party that has existed in this country in my lifetime.  I hate the core of their party with every fiber of my being.  Not the ordinary Democrat voter, but the political organizers, financial backers, lobbyists, media sycophants, and string pulling weasels that have control of the party's inner workings.  Now Republicans may wish to behave in the same way, they may not.  It is so hard to tell because there are so many factions to the party that they never all move in the same direction at any time and they have the built in disadvantage of not having the media's lips attached to their ass on every single political issue.  If you think there is no difference between the parties or politicians ask yourself what are the chances of The Green New Deal being passed and signed into law with Republicans controlling Congress and sitting in the White House versus Democrats controlling Congress and sitting in the White House.

No its trump and the republicans fault, not “society” but nice try.

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Watching the AWOL federal response led by the President’s wholly unqualified son in law just reinforces my belief that the real scandal is Hunter Biden.

“Hold my crack pipe” /Hunter Biden

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

Yeah, those are remarkably consistent and both within the margin of error.  Those are also huge margins considering this era in American politics of everything being 51/49.  Biden is not some unknown candidate, either.  He has 100% name ID and everyone knows everything about him.  That's why the "OMG look what Joe Biden said!!!!" won't matter.

Trump always had a very high floor but a very low ceiling.  (He's like Bernie in that regard.)  His floor is basically 43 and his ceiling is 45.

Like I said, the media will tell you to tune in tonight for an update on this close race but it won't be close at all, especially from an electoral college standpoint.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Watching the AWOL federal response led by the President’s wholly unqualified son in law just reinforces my belief that the real scandal is Hunter Biden.

I'd suggest that we pay Jared the same amount that Hunter Biden received while working on the board of Burisma, but there's no way the Kush would take a pay cut that would put an end to all of his family's graft.

- Trump is unpopular 

- Trump will try to cheat and do whatever possible to win 

- If voters are disciplined and turn out, he will get crushed by Biden in the general election

All of these are true. If people want to voice their concern about Trump winning as a way to scare people to the polls to vote for Biden, fine by me.  If Americans aren't complacent, Trump will lose big. 

The anti-Hillary sentiment in 2016 is still undervalued IMO. Whether it was a problem with her specifically, the Clinton family in general, or plain old misogyny, it was basically the perfect storm that got Trump an incredibly lucky electoral victory. Obviously there was an arrogance and overconfidence from Dems and Hillary's campaign in '16, but I don't see a repeat of that this time around. 2018 was a good year for Dems at the polls, and there's no reason to think that momentum won't continue in 2020.

The COVID pandemic is the final blow to Trump. Donny and his administration dropped the ball early and the damage has been done. No matter if we're quarantined for 4 more months or if we rally back soon, at the most basic level most people will want a change in the Oval Office after this disaster. 

The main goal for Dem party over the next 6-7 months should just be voter turnout. It's a binary decision and almost everyone has already made their choice between Biden and Trump. We vote, we win. It's that simple. 

• Like 6

Gonna be a wild six months. 2016 has a lot of people apprehensive to make bold claims, but these are absolutely dogshit numbers for an incumbent. If there wasn’t this perception that polls can’t be trusted due to 2016 (despite the fact that they were actually pretty close in most cases, it was the conclusions that were wrong), I think Biden would be a HEAVY betting favorite at this point.

It will be interesting to watch the effects of the Trump campaign completely ignoring the polling numbers because of their perception of 2016 and not pivot/correct like a traditional campaign would when seeing the data. While it pleases the base, I think it definitely lowers the potential floor of what is possible in November.

Had a dream the other night that it was Election Day featuring my man John King on CNN. He was going thru swing states one by one on his interactive touch map and comparing early tallies of Trump-led counties from 2016 and comparing them to current totals. "Again you can see Biden here in Milwaukee suburbs running it up, over here outside Pittsburgh again huge moves..."

Despite the pandemic and worst economic quarter in American history, nothing has changed that might swing anyone who voted Trump in 2016 to vote Biden in 2020.  If I was a betting man, I would bet heavy on Trump to win.

That said, there is a path to victory for Biden and it hinges on getting black voters in key states to come out.  Here is the winning formula:

1. Obama spends the next 7 months in the Midwest campaigning furiously for Biden in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.  He’s got to deliver 2 of those to Biden.

2. Biden selects a black running mate, preferably from the South.  That person has to be able to deliver one southern state that went to Trump in 2016, preferably Georgia or Florida.

3. Biden has to (literally) stay alive and just try his best not to fuck up.  However, he needs to be extremely aggressive in the debates.

4. The Democrats need to be prepared for legal challenges, voter fraud, election rigging, foreign interference in vote counts, and post-election rioting.  Trump will not go down quietly and his exit will he unlike anything our country has ever seen, whether that’s next year or in 5 years.

I think there’s only about a 30% chance of that happening.  

Edited by Snake Diggity

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

Despite the pandemic and worst economic quarter in American history, nothing has changed that might swing anyone who voted Trump in 2016 to vote Biden in 2020.  If I was a betting man, I would bet heavy on Trump to win.

That said, there is a path to victory for Biden and it hinges on getting black voters in key states to come out.  Here is the winning formula:

1. Obama spends the next 7 months in the Midwest campaigning furiously for Biden in Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.  He’s got to deliver 2 of those to Biden.

2. Biden selects a black running mate, preferably from the South.  That person has to be able to deliver one southern state that went to Trump in 2016, preferably Georgia or Florida.

3. Biden has to (literally) stay alive and just try his best not to fuck up.  However, he needs to be extremely aggressive in the debates.

4. The Democrats need to be prepared for legal challenges, voter fraud, election rigging, foreign interference in vote counts, and post-election rioting.  Trump will not go down quietly and his exit will he unlike anything our country has ever seen, whether that’s next year or in 5 years.

VP's don't really "deliver" states, especially outside of their own.  They deliver generally about 1-2% upswing for the party in their own state.  If Biden won two of the midwest states you list and he takes Arizona, which is trending well at this time, then that's 272 in a worst case scenario.  He doesn't need a southern state.  A southern state makes it a huge win most likely.

You have got to be kidding with this bullshit.

Biden has a 30 percent chance to win and it requires him winning either Florida or Georgia? What a craptastic take.

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 2

i can't tell what's satire anymore.

If I'm Biden's team, I use Covid 19 as an excuse to keep Biden OFF the stump as long as possible.  In fact, a cancelled convention could be a blessing in disguise.

Let's face it - Biden's strengths isn't in his campaign rallies or speeches and the only drama is waiting for his next gaffe.  But with Covid 19, the team can keep him safely locked away under the guise of social distancing.  At least that's what I would do.

Despite the pandemic and worst economic quarter in American history, nothing has changed that might swing anyone who voted Trump in 2016 to vote Biden in 2020.

i actually have a follow-up question that anybody can answer.

which number is bigger:

1) trump -> biden

2) hillary -> trump

and for extra credit, which number is bigger:

1) no vote/3rd party -> biden

2) no vote/3rd party -> trump

Number 4 is spot on. The rest is poppycock. 

2 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

It’s not about flipping voters from trumps totally revolting base. It’s about turning out more democrats and winning independents. Lots of people in the rust belt “ gave trump a shot” in 2016 and voted against repubs in 2018 because they didn’t like what Trump was about.

if Biden wins these people and turns out blacks like he was able to in the primary, Biden should be in good shape to win.

• Like 1

It's hard to overlook the fact that Trump has never had an approval rating over 50%.  And now with a poor economy and a national emergency that he isn't handling well, I really don't understand the people who think that Trump should be favored in this election.

11 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

It's hard to overlook the fact that Trump has never had an approval rating over 50%.  And now with a poor economy and a national emergency that he isn't handling well, I really don't understand the people who think that Trump should be favored in this election.

Speaking as one of them, it's mostly a lack of faith in the Democratic Party and Stockholm Syndrome from Trump not only defying the odds in his 2016 victory, but having 40 percent of the country willing to die for him.

That said, I acknowledge that if we're just talking about the data, it's not Biden or Trump, it's how much does Biden win by. His lead is as large or larger than Clinton's pre-Comey. Trump has never gotten particularly close in the polls. Still, I have watched Democrats blow two elections in 2004 and 2016 that should not have even been possible. Voters appear so motivated to get rid of Trump that it might not even matter, but a lot can happen between now and November. I can easily envision a world where America has COVID deaths in the rear view mirror but eats up the scapegoating of China. I am honestly probably going to need to see it to really believe it after watching Trump be impervious to any kind of consequences for his actions for four years.

So, yeah, not logical.

Really curious to see how the liberal younger generation with Trump voting parents bloc plays out in 2020. Over the last 3+ years there are a shitload of families that have been personally strained due to the political atmosphere since Trump won. 

Will all those '16 Trump voters who pissed off their kids pull the lever again for Trump in 2020? 

9 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Really curious to see how the liberal younger generation with Trump voting parents bloc plays out in 2020. Over the last 3+ years there are a shitload of families that have been personally strained due to the political atmosphere since Trump won. 

Will all those '16 Trump voters who pissed off their kids pull the lever again for Trump in 2020? 

Hell yes.

Lol yes

5 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

Despite the pandemic and worst economic quarter in American history, nothing has changed that might swing anyone who voted Trump in 2016 to vote Biden in 2020.  

Seriously?  Hillary Clinton isn't running for starters.  Trump also has a record now instead of being able to run as an outsider/blank canvas.  He still has his base but it's not big enough and never was without those other factors.

4 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

VP's don't really "deliver" states, especially outside of their own.  They deliver generally about 1-2% upswing for the party in their own state.  If Biden won two of the midwest states you list and he takes Arizona, which is trending well at this time, then that's 272 in a worst case scenario.  He doesn't need a southern state.  A southern state makes it a huge win most likely.

I believe the right black VP could be the difference in several southern states, and the right VP candidate from a southern state could deliver his/her home state.  That could be the difference in the election.

4 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

You have got to be kidding with this bullshit.

Biden has a 30 percent chance to win and it requires him winning either Florida or Georgia? What a craptastic take.

Ok cocksucker, lay out your details then, you fucking infected boil.

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i can't tell what's satire anymore.

Me either.

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Number 4 is spot on. The rest is poppycock. 

The first sentence of your comment was spot on.  The 2nd part is worthless.

29 minutes ago, WBT said:

Seriously?  Hillary Clinton isn't running for starters.  Trump also has a record now instead of being able to run as an outsider/blank canvas.  He still has his base but it's not big enough and never was without those other factors.

I think a lot of people in this thread are setting themselves up for disappointment again.  Who voted for Trump in 2016 that is going Biden in 2020?  And how likely is it that Biden is able to get enough people who stayed home in 2016 to come out in 2020?

Edited by Snake Diggity

I think it's more or less accurate. He got 46 percent of the vote in 2016. That's in line with McCain 2008. It's not like he had some huge coalition. His approval ratings have been within a very narrow band save a crisis bump around the pandemic, which appears to have run its course. I don't see a lot of reason to think that 46 percent number budges a whole lot. It may even go up slightly. He will probably pick up some of the Gary Johnson voters - the real ones.

I think a lot of people in this thread are setting themselves up for disappointment again.  Who voted for Trump in 2016 that is going Biden in 2020?  And how likely is it that Biden is able to get enough people who stayed home in 2016 to come out in 2020?

The former: agreed, that's not a significant number of voters.

The latter: Trump's victories in WI and MI are directly attributable to decreased turnout in Milwaukee and Detroit metro areas. Biden's strength among black voters and anger towards Trump amongst suburban voters makes it pretty likely that doesn't happen again. Trump is going to have to find new votes to win those two states.

22 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I believe the right black VP could be the difference in several southern states, and the right VP candidate from a southern state could deliver his/her home state.  That could be the difference in the election.

Ok cocksucker, lay out your details then, you fucking infected boil.

Me either.

The first sentence of your comment was spot on.  The 2nd part is worthless.

Since you are obviously a dipshit trumpkin troll I will not be engaging in any substantive discussion with your worthless ass.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

The former: agreed, that's not a significant number of voters.

The latter: Trump's victories in WI and MI are directly attributable to decreased turnout in Milwaukee and Detroit metro areas. Biden's strength among black voters and anger towards Trump amongst suburban voters makes it pretty likely that doesn't happen again. Trump is going to have to find new votes to win those two states.

I hope you’re right.  I am once burned twice shy to think the blacks will come out for a white candidate.  And I just don’t see the suburban anger you refer to.  To me, those are single issue voters, and nothing’s changed for them.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Snake Diggity said:

I hope you’re right.  I am once burned twice shy to think the blacks will come out for a white candidate.  And I just don’t see the suburban anger you refer to.  To me, those are single issue voters, and nothing’s changed for them.

What's rent under a rock these days?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i actually have a follow-up question that anybody can answer.

which number is bigger:

1) trump -> biden

2) hillary -> trump

and for extra credit, which number is bigger:

1) no vote/3rd party -> biden

2) no vote/3rd party -> trump

1) and 1) of course...

But the only number that matters is Hillary -> Biden. Everyone who voted for Hillary needs to (be able to) vote for Biden. 

Voter suppression efforts need to at least be held at bay. Dems will turn out IF they are allowed. 

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

No, because a lot of them are dead now.

There are less Boomers now than there were then and more younger people now than there were then.  It's simple demographic math.

On 4/18/2020 at 10:25 PM, Neonmoon said:

They could unzip Bidens human suit to reveal a lizard person and I would skip happily to a COVID lathered ballot box to vote for him over Trump. 

Honestly I may be more enthusiastic to vote for Biden then as long as it's not a senile lizard person.

17 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Lol. Neg me without a response again here if you want. I don't know how someone with enough interest in the presidential contest to be discussing it at 10:30 on a Sunday night, six months out, on a college football board, in the midst of a pandemic... Could not be aware of the surge in black turnout/support for Biden, and especially of the dynamic in the suburbs right now. I would suggest googling the 2018 midterm results as a starting point.

It has kept coming too. GOP has continuously gotten murdered in the suburbs since Trump's election. A liberal Democratic judge ran six points or so ahead of Clinton in the notoriously Republican suburbs of Milwaukee just last week. A judge's race, which are know for 1.) Arousing Republicans more than sex, and 2.) People voting on general attitudes/partisan view as opposed to issues. This is so widely reported and documented that I am sure you know this, I don't know why you would plead ignorance. The only thing you might have accidentally been correct on is suburban voters being single-issue voters. A significant chunk of them do appear to be this cycle - the issue is removing Trump.

• Like 6