2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm a Warren fan. What's the deal? I'd like her to help Biden unseat Trump. Period. A second like is that she be somewhere working whether it be in the Senate or the Cabinet. She is an asset to the Party. I'd prefer not to toss away an asset. I'm rather thankful that there are so many qualified candidates regardless of gender, although I'm pretty tickled that women are gaining more substantial roles in politics. I also like Cory Booker, Andrew Yang, and several other candidates that hopefully will continue to work together. It makes for a promising future compared to some of the dipshits running around talking about the Antifa suburban takeover.

i like her too.  she was probably my #2 for most of the primary season.  i just don't think she's the pick for vp.  the good news is that she doesn't have to be to make a difference.

all that said, i agree with your thoughts on the other candidates.  so many of them are already stepping up, and not just the ones currently in the house/senate.  beto is killing it with voter registration in texas.  yang has been a thoughtful pundit (i think) on cable news.  compare this group of 10-12 top dems to the 2016 gop group, and it's night and day (go jeb go!).

nice to see the deep bench assembled on the left.

As I was saying last week, Biden being at or above 50% nationally is the main difference between now and "what about 2016 polls?!??!":

Of course, there are still four months to go until Election Day, but the fact that Biden has such a sizable lead — already bigger than Hillary Clinton’s largest lead over Trump, which peaked at 7.5 points in 2016 — is notable. Heck, even Barack Obama never led by more than 8 points in our 2008 national average, and that wound up being a blowout.

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

You're underestimating how important it is that Joe is not Hillary Clinton.  He'll do just fine. 

i dont have the confidence that others have...exposure is exactly opposite of what biden needs with the current polling numbers. why would you do something that could slow the train down? biden is doing nothing and his poll gap is widening, why fuck that up?

5 minutes ago, riloh05 said:

did bidens camp really agree to 3 debates? that can only hurt his chances, not improve.

here's some info about the debates, and some good links to other updates.  vf seems to think trump won't participate if he feels like the moderator selection is rigged against him.  it just doesn't seem like donald trump to whine and complain about something so meaningless and stupid, but i guess we'll see.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/06/trump-will-debate-biden-as-long-as-he-gets-his-way

3 minutes ago, riloh05 said:

i dont have the confidence that others have...exposure is exactly opposite of what biden needs with the current polling numbers. why would you do something that could slow the train down? biden is doing nothing and his poll gap is widening, why fuck that up?

i think you are right for now, but at some point the narrative of "they are hiding the old koot" gets traction. people are used to debates.  if there are none, that will stick out like a sore thumb.

everyone thought simple GWB would get roasted in debates.  he just smiled, looked pleasant, and repeated some stock phrases.  no harm done.  same path for biden.

Trump wants the debates. He'll get juiced up, ignore the question and just riff. He'll attempt to get the guidelines changed not just for the moderator but  *to allow an audience so he can bring in paid rabid people to heckle like Bloomberg did. He's getting antsy and the rallies are not doing what he'd hoped. Maybe he sees this as a chance to fling poo.

*They are thinking no audience for the time being.

The GOP is rudderless and have no idea how to attack Biden. Their desperation reeks, and the fight they want to have is obvious. 

Look at his weak as shit from Graham. 

They wanted Bernie to be the nominee. Warren as VP pick would be a consolation prize. Deny them the opportunity.

Win big. Then govern progressively with control of both Houses and Biden as POTUS.  Give Warren more power with policies. Elevate good progressive Dems. Just wait until the election is over to promise it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, riloh05 said:

did bidens camp really agree to 3 debates? that can only hurt his chances, not improve.

The bar is *so low* for Biden to succeed. Trump’s campaign has been pushing hard the narrative that Biden is mentally incapable of handling the job and should be under full time care in a nursing home. If he says complete sentences that respond to the question, it will be covered as a massive win for Biden

• Like 4

I've seen it pointed out by a few pundits on Twitter, but one of the most interesting things in the NYT state polls out today is that 55% of respondents said they were  "willing to consider" Biden. On the other hand, 55% indicated there was "almost no chance" of voting for Trump.

Trump's pool of potential votes is shrinking to a near insurmountable level. 

Edited by Storm the Field

22 minutes ago, The Dog said:

3 debates is the tradition in recent elections. Trump wanted more and Biden told him to fuck off.

the delta between how trump performs and how trump thinks he performs is fucking massive.

his inability to self-scout can only be described as texas-esque.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

The bar is *so low* for Biden to succeed. Trump’s campaign has been pushing hard the narrative that Biden is mentally incapable of handling the job and should be under full time care in a nursing home. If he says complete sentences that respond to the question, it will be covered as a massive win for Biden

such a good point.  as long as you're sure biden won't collapse on stage, the narrative that he's hiding out in his basement will only end up working against them.

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Warren as VP pick would be a consolation prize. Deny them the opportunity.

What makes you think they want Warren?  I mean, and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but perhaps you’re overvaluing the influence of the VP pick on outcome of the election.  Then again, if Hillary had picked Warren over Kaine, it might have been the difference.  

Obviously Warren has you spooked but she, like Biden, is a known quantity. There’s no mystery and her anti-corruption agenda is kind of popular/topical. She’s also been through the ringer in primary.  

If I’m in the Trump campaign, give me Stacey Abrams all day as Biden’s VP over Warren. 

Kind of like what the Democrats did with GWB - they set expectations so low that when he wasn't a complete disaster in the debates he ended up "winning" even though many experts thought he lost. 

If Trump is doing the same with Biden then I'd expect the same, only Trump doesn't really debate. He just rants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, riloh05 said:

Anyone who actually watched the eleventy million democrat debates can tell you: Biden was fine.  He's not going to blow you away, but he gets the job mostly done.  He never had a disastrous debate, and other than Harris landing the busing punch on him, which she had clearly been waiting to drop, he did nothing to hurt himself.    It's how I know most GOP folks never watched the Dem debates after maybe the first one.

It's just like the campaign: Keep the unforced errors to a minimum, stay on message, let trump blow his own foot off.

• Like 3

It warms the cockles to know so many are so concerned about Joe Biden.  Concerned about his health.  Concerned about his mental acumen.  Concerned about his campaign strategy.  Concerned about his debate performance.  Concerned about his high poll numbers. So much concern.  One only hopes Joe hears your concerns.  Bless your hearts.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Red Five said:

(Trump says 90 seconds of crazy borderline unintelligible hateful bullshit)

Biden: "Man, I know you're all sick of that. I sure am. Next question please."

And don't forget the push-up challenge. We're already 98% of the way to idiocracy, lets see how many push-ups they can do. I have no idea how many Biden can do, but I'm fairly confident Trump will acheive zero pushups. Unless Pence is underneath him for an assist. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

(Trump says 90 seconds of crazy borderline unintelligible hateful bullshit)

Biden: "Man, I know you're all sick of that. I sure am. Next question please."

That's exactly what he needs to do.

I've been thinking that the Biden camp should release a Trump Bingo card right before the debate so that people listening to Trump can click off his bullshit. Insults? B-2.  Blame China? N-4.  Racism? O-5.  And so on -- derogatory names, "Jina," narcissism, stupid facial expression, etc. "Drinking water with two hands" could be the center square, already filled. And then at some point Biden just chuckles to himself, looks in the camera, and says "Bingo!" 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, honolulu horn said:

That's exactly what he needs to do.

I've been thinking that the Biden camp should release a Trump Bingo card right before the debate so that people listening to Trump can click off his bullshit. Insults? B-2.  Blame China? N-4.  Racism? O-5.  And so on -- derogatory names, "Jina," narcissism, stupid facial expression, etc. "Drinking water with two hands" could be the center square, already filled. And then at some point Biden just chuckles to himself, looks in the camera, and says "Bingo!" 

we should make bingo cards here regardless.

3 hours ago, Macanudo said:

Truman was the last candidate to travel by train and give whistestop speeches.  I think Biden should do this.  It would be very easy to pull into any number of places to give speeches.    Turn out would pretty good if people were outside and would feel comfortable in the open air rather than enclosed arenas.  Security is a little hard to pull off but its doable.  With the right train and schedules, Joe could be on the road for quite some time with minimal concern for health, his or others.

I actually had that thought this morning, and I think it makes some sense.  I might do a bus instead, but same concept--travel by land, have small- to medium-sized outdoor gatherings.  It's all very old school while kind of appearing fresh.

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is a really good and important point that I hope the Democrats make over and over and over again.

Biden had a pretty good line to about Trump calling testing a "double-edged sword"

"Testing unequivocally saves lives and widespread testing is the key to re-opening our economy. So that's one edge. The other edge, I guess, is that he thinks finding out more Americans are sick makes him look bad."

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

do you honestly think dotard shows up to any of them?

If Trump does that stalking hovering routine around Joe, like he did Hillary at the debates, when he’s talking, I hope Joe turns around and bops Trump one and hits him in the mouth. And says “Oops, I didn’t know you were standing there!” Landslide win for Joe!!!

Edited by Brandywine

3 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

If Trump does that stalking hovering routine around Joe, like he did Hillary at the debates, when he’s talking, I hope Joe turns around and bops Trump one and hits him in the mouth. And says “Oops, I didn’t know you were standing there!” Landslide win for Joe!!!

Or, “Gee man, you need a TicTac!”

Trump Senior adviser tweets link to Hillary's 2016 big lead, doesn't realize it's for NY state primary, she actually won by a bigger margin. 

Truly some of the dumbest motherfuckers ever. 

EDIT: Or I guess he's purposely trying to trick Trump's own voters into thinking this was a national poll 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I love how y’all think Trump isn’t going to paint Kamala Harris as a crazy BLM terrorist from ultra liberal San Francisco.  Did you know she tried to ban Trump from Twitter?  That’s going to play well. 

Im just saying if you’re afraid of the already exhausted attacks Warren would draw, you’re not thinking through the alternatives.  

Nobody fucking cares. Anyone who would buy that shit was already voting for Trump. Anti trump conservatives who are going to stay home aren’t going to get out and vote for Trump because Biden chooses Harris. He can solidify the black vote and pick up some independents who might be inclined to sit this out if the ticket looks too progressive. Harris makes the most sense.  

Harris helps with the far left but she doesn't expand the map.

If he has any concerns about the swing states then a selection representing one of those would be smart.

He's probably going to have to settle with her, which will be fine and should keep the base energized. It's the same school of thought Trump had when he chose Pence in order to keep the Christian right in the fold. 

Edited by The Dog

Harris helps with the far left but she doesn't expand the map.
If he has any concerns about the swing states then a selection representing one of those would be smart.
He's probably going to have to settle with her, which will be fine and should keep the base energized. It's the same school of thought Trump had when he chose Pence in order to keep the Christian right in the fold. 

... you think Harris is the far left’s choice?
  • Like 2