2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

9 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

When does Trump start firing people?

it seems like leaving Parscale and Kushner in place is just doing the dems a favor. 

I hope it takes as long as possible before he makes changes, but Trump has gotta be pissed right now. 

why would you fire people over polls that are so clearly fake news?  i hear trump’s internals tell an entirely different story. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

why would you fire people over polls that are so clearly fake news?  i hear trump’s internals tell an entirely different story. 

Good point haha.

firing Parscale would be an embarrassment. It would be like publicly admitting the polls are right.

No, I just said she'd keep them in the fold. She's one of the most liberal senators in the US Senate. 

While that’s true in reality, the DSA/Bernie folks spent months attacking her with the “KAMALA IS A COP!” narrative and painting her as shitlib/neolib etc.

And their dug in bitter stubbornness makes them physically incapable of admitting that is bullshittery.

9 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

While that’s true in reality, the DSA/Bernie folks spent months attacking her with the “KAMALA IS A COP!” narrative and painting her as shitlib/neolib etc.

And their dug in bitter stubbornness makes them physically incapable of admitting that is bullshittery.

ah ok. now I get it. 

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Biden doesn’t need to be taking any victory laps yet. he needs to say as little as possible to allow trump to do all the talking. 

More to the point, it's June.  Polls don't mean shit.  But yes, let dotard keep fucking up and hopefully those numbers grow or at least stay the same.  If they are like this in October, I'll start to have some hope.

31 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

More to the point, it's June.  Polls don't mean shit.  But yes, let dotard keep fucking up and hopefully those numbers grow or at least stay the same.  If they are like this in October, I'll start to have some hope.

This.  Trump keeps inflicting damage upon himself.  Good.

Our job, and the entire opposition's job, is to keep it the fuck up all the way to and through the election.  Continue carpet bombing.  And keep on.  Make the fucking rubble bounce.  Now isn't when you coast.  Now isn't when you start to plan for "after."  Now is when you triple your forces, quadruple your attacks, and scorch the fucking earth.  

When this is over, Trump needs to regret ever running for office.  He needs to know that it was the biggest mistake of his miserable, pathetic existence.  He'll never admit it....but he needs to know it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Our job, and the entire opposition's job, is to keep it the fuck up all the way to and through the election.  Continue carpet bombing.  And keep on.  Make the fucking rubble bounce.  Now isn't when you coast.  Now isn't when you start to plan for "after."  Now is when you triple your forces, quadruple your attacks, and scorch the fucking earth.  

When this is over, Trump needs to regret ever running for office.  He needs to know that it was the biggest mistake of his miserable, pathetic existence.  He'll never admit it....but he needs to know it.

LETS GO!

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I wonder if Fox is trying to light a fire under the asses of complacent R voters in those states?

Of course they are.  They probably are trying to tell Dotard to get his shit together also.  We can all laugh but as many here have said, don't relax for even a minute.  Everyone can do something to battle this fat fuck tyrant and his can't shoot straight gang of deplorables.  Doesn't take money, doesn't necessarily take time, one or the other works fine.  Hell, don't just listen to the dumbasses in your life that support him - throw his BS in their face.  Those people have less and less to say these days.  Just like someone being choked out.  It's their turn.  Get a good grip, and don't let go. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

Harris helps with the far left but she doesn't expand the map.

If he has any concerns about the swing states then a selection representing one of those would be smart.

He's probably going to have to settle with her, which will be fine and should keep the base energized. It's the same school of thought Trump had when he chose Pence in order to keep the Christian right in the fold. 

Your concern troll is showing.  The fact that you think Harris satisfies the base shows how little you understand progressive politics. Just because she’s black doesn’t mean she’s progressive.  Check back with your handlers man, you’ve mis calibrated this board. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Your concern troll is showing.  The fact that you think Harris satisfies the base shows how little you understand progressive politics. Just because she’s black doesn’t mean she’s progressive.  Check back with your handlers man, you’ve mis calibrated this board. 

Fuck her and her cop background.  Nobody wants that horseshit. 

41 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He HATES being made fun of. All the memes, etc when the rally was poorly attended really stung. But behind the scenes, the attack on democracy continues with the court cases, etc. So keep pushing the laughingstock. It demoralizes support, it takes up rent in his vacuous brain and makes him obsessed. Get him obsessed with ticky tacky little trinkets and you have someone talking about toilets and underwear elastic.

55 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  Now is the time to commit to more phone banking, more fundraising, more poll watching. Never let those authoritarian pricks back into the game. Pour it on. Hang half a hundred, then shoot for triple digits. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Like I said.

Yeah.  DA’s are dirty.  That’s a fact.  Part of the job.  Lucky you never had to deal with their BS defending shitty cops.  If you had, I’d bet my ass on it you wouldn’t be so ‘no big deal’ about her background.  

Surprised to see Arizona so high and Florida so low. Arizona hasn’t gone blue since 1996 and that required a plurality thanks to Ross Perot. 

I personally think Michigan and Pennsylvania are almost gone from trump irreversibly at this point.

Edited by Voldemort86

25 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

Surprised to see Arizona so high and Florida so low. Arizona hasn’t gone blue since 1996 and that required a plurality thanks to Ross Perot. 

I personally think Michigan and Pennsylvania are almost gone from trump irreversibly at this point.

a few weeks ago, i never would've had florida ahead of north caro.

i know florida cannot be counted on, but shit, the numbers there are scary if you're trump.  georgia, texas, and ohio being on this list have got to be horrifying if you're a gop backer for the next 4-16 years.

it would be like if ca and ny were on the gop "flippable" list.  not gonna happen.

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

i know florida cannot be counted on, but shit, the numbers there are scary if you're trump.  georgia, texas, and ohio being on this list have got to be horrifying if you're a gop backer for the next 4-16 years.

it would be like if ca and ny were on the gop "flippable" list.  not gonna happen.

There will be one voting machine in these states for the next ten years.

3 hours ago, WBT said:

The pendulum will swing back in way less than 16 years.  The Ds will overreach and the Rs will make changes.  It's a two party system; we'll never stay too far from equilibrium.

That may be true, but at the very least it’s safe to say that if Trump loses in the fall, the 20’s will be a very dark decade for the GOP. 

keep in mind the Democrats could very well win this election without needing Georgia and Texas, but both states are due to flip purple / blue in a few years.

Georgia’s best defense is voter suppression and assholes like Brian kemp who get away with it in broad day light and just don’t give a flying fuck.

6 hours ago, WBT said:

The pendulum will swing back in way less than 16 years.  The Ds will overreach and the Rs will make changes.  It's a two party system; we'll never stay too far from equilibrium.

The GOP has completely alienated an awful lot of people, certainly under the age of 45. There's a decent chance the Republican Party doesn't even exist in 16 years.

it's had the amazing effect on me of not hating olds as much as a used to.  i had gone from thinking age=wisdom to just deciding their calcified brains were incapable of doing anything other than nursing decades old grudges.  now i'm back to thinking maybe they shouldn't all just keel over and die, and maybe they actually are worth something.

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

it's had the amazing effect on me of not hating olds as much as a used to.  i had gone from thinking age=wisdom to just deciding their calcified brains were incapable of doing anything other than nursing decades old grudges.  now i'm back to thinking maybe they shouldn't all just keel over and die, and maybe they actually are worth something.

DyhkNorV4AEfXD1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He HATES being made fun of. All the memes, etc when the rally was poorly attended really stung. But behind the scenes, the attack on democracy continues with the court cases, etc. So keep pushing the laughingstock. It demoralizes support, it takes up rent in his vacuous brain and makes him obsessed. Get him obsessed with ticky tacky little trinkets and you have someone talking about toilets and underwear elastic.

I think the role of morale cannot be understated right now.  Not just with the voters, but with Trump as well.

As to Trump's voters, they are disproportionately uneducated and rural.  They're precisely the type of people who show up in polls as "marginal voters"--they vote in presidential years, for the most part.  But not always.  And because they're low-information and uneducated, they see politics only as a team sport; they don't understand or give a shit about policy.  Convince them that Trump doesn't have a chance of winning, and they won't show up.  

The effect on Trump is similar, in part because he's such a political novice.  Beat him down; demoralize him; convince him he's not winning, and you'll see his energy sink.  He'll just give up on it.

And, actually, I think there's a chance he could literally give up on it.  I think the Biden camp would be wise to put some anti-Pence ads in the can, just in case.

10 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

As a former Republican, I can tell you that in Republican circles, this is the day we feared but at the same time never thought would actually arrive.  If the GOP can't reliably carry Texas without putting any resources into it, then it's days as a national party are over.  Texas is so expensive to run in that it would divert resources away from other places that the GOP needs to carry in order to win (e.g., Michigan, Florida, Pennsylvania).  

Texas really is a rear-guard action.  You've already lost; now you're just trying to prevent a rout.

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

Telling old people the economy is more important than their lives hasn't helped with that group either.

I have no actual data to back this up, but my suspicion is that movement among the olds is the near-sole driver of Trump's losses over the past three months.

• Like 1