2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

10 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

In case it wasn't clear, these aren't margins, they're total support. As in Biden only pulling 67% of black vote, 78% of Dems, and 45% of people with at least a 4-year degree.

By comparison:

NYT/Siena: 79/5 black, 90/5 Dem, 57/30 college degree.

YouGov: 81/6 black, 89/6 Dem, 60/28 college degree.

The college degree numbers are still very disappointing. 

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Just fucking stop with the "concern troll" bullshit.  It's getting tiresome.

We get that you're the self-righteous, highly political knowitall.  Doesn't make everyone else a troll. 

curb your enthusiasm ok GIF

Edited by Bateshorn

I find it interesting that there will be an amendment this November on the California ballot about whether or not to remove this language from the state constitution

The State shall not discriminate against, or grant preferential treatment to, any individual or group on the basis of race, sex, color, ethnicity, or national origin in the operation of public employment, public education, or public contracting.

It will be Assembly Constitutional Amendment 5. It passed the state assembly and senate in favor of the language removal. Obviously California isn't going red anytime soon but I can't help but wonder if this is going to fire up what's left of California conservatives. 

14 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'll ask again: who are these people getting polled? To my knowledge i have never been called. Never been emailed. Is it just people with land lines?

I get calls on my cell.

But every time I say I lean democrat or liberal, they’ve met  a quota and end the call.

20 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Just fucking stop with the "concern troll" bullshit.  It's getting tiresome.

We get that you're the self-righteous, highly political knowitall.  Doesn't make everyone else a troll. 

This was over-salty on my part.  Bates is a solid poster and has a lot of good political insight.

For some reason, the "troll" allegation-slinging really grinds my gears when it's applied to non-troll posters.

Sorry, Bates.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

This was over-salty on my part.  Bates is a solid poster and has a lot of good political insight.

For some reason, the "troll" allegation-slinging really grinds my gears when it's applied to non-troll posters.

Sorry, Bates.

I'm Sorry Charlie Murphy! GIF | Gfycat

I'm sorry, Charlie Murphy, it was an accident. I was having too ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Sorry, Bates.

That's nothing, I get irrationally mad at you for every court decision that I think is horrible, as if you made the judgment yourself, as opposed to just explaining it to us. Speaking of which, nice job on the Stone case, asshole. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

That's nothing, I get irrationally mad at you for every court decision that I think is horrible, as if you made the judgment yourself, as opposed to just explaining it to us. Speaking of which, nice job on the Stone case, asshole. 

Lulz

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Wait, what? 

They say they’re a polling / research so and so.

then ask if I’m a registered voter

Yes.

registered in Texas

Yes

Woukd you describe yourself as affiliated with a party

yes

Which partly.

Democrat.

How strong would you lean . Very much, a little, bit very much, etc

A little.

Well it looks like we have come to a stop as my computer is telling me we’ve already reached that quota and no longer need to proceed.

Thank you Mr. guy for your time.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2020 at 3:08 PM, Brandywine said:

If Trump does that stalking hovering routine around Joe, like he did Hillary at the debates, when he’s talking, I hope Joe turns around and bops Trump one and hits him in the mouth. And says “Oops, I didn’t know you were standing there!” Landslide win for Joe!!!

On 6/25/2020 at 3:12 PM, Brandywine said:

Or, “Gee man, you need a TicTac!”

Or, "Someone's got a dirty diaper, apparently."  

On 6/26/2020 at 11:51 AM, Voldemort86 said:

I just hope they take the senate majority down with them.

mitch McConnell is a cancer to the whole country.

This.

36 minutes ago, The Dog said:

McConnell may not even be in the senate regardless of whomever has the majority. Kentucky may have the unique distinction of going for Trump and sending a Democrat to the Senate.

I wish man.

mcconnell is seemingly immune to anything he does or anything that happens tho. The guy has had the lowest approval of any senator in America for awhile now and he always seems to get re-elected. The voters in Kentucky are stupid as fuck.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I wish man.

mcconnell is seemingly immune to anything he does or anything that happens tho. The guy has had the lowest approval of any senator in America for awhile now and he always seems to get re-elected. The voters in Kentucky are stupid as fuck.

Kentucky is about 88% white and 47th in the nation for folks with bachelor's degrees.  Additionally they're 47th in the nation of their population living below the poverty line..... it's not hard to to see why he's re-elected.  White, uneducated and poor.... it's GOP heaven.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Kentucky is about 88% white and 47th in the nation for folks with bachelor's degrees.  Additionally they're 47th in the nation of their population living below the poverty line..... it's not hard to to see why he's re-elected.  White, uneducated and poor.... it's GOP heaven.

Most of them drink too much alcohol, have shitty teeth, and do hard drugs as well.

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

At the moment it feels like Biden is a football team up 21 points in the first quarter. You should be able to ride it out, and your fans can start dancing in the aisles. But in about 5-10% of games like that, the other team wins.

And sometimes that team wins 70-3

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

At the moment it feels like Biden is a football team up 21 points in the first quarter. You should be able to ride it out, and your fans can start dancing in the aisles. But in about 5-10% of games like that, the other team wins.

Run up the score. Take it to them. 

Here's the guy that is running against Gohmert. 

https://hankfortexas.com/

There is a fight in every district. 

Michelle Buckley right up the road in Lewisville was a target for Bonnen. 

If you are feeling good about Joe beating the shit out of Dotard, there are plenty of pitched battles in places like these that can use your help.

• Like 2

There definitely is a path that Biden pulls in almost every EV. As much as we think Trump's comments are as crazy as they get, he could move into full-on QAnon levels. He's on the fringes on those groups at the moment but if those crowds will show up to his rallies in mass numbers, he could completely embrace that movement.

Is there really any doubt that he won't retweet if not tweet WWGAWG1 at some point in the next few months?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

There definitely is a path that Biden pulls in almost every EV. As much as we think Trump's comments are as crazy as they get, he could move into full-on QAnon levels. He's on the fringes on those groups at the moment but if those crowds will show up to his rallies in mass numbers, he could completely embrace that movement.

Is there really any doubt that he won't retweet if not tweet WWGAWG1 at some point in the next few months?

Excellent point. Trump is feedback-driven. His talking points are those that earn him applause from the fawning mob. For example, he initially thought “build the wall” was stupid. But crowds rewarded him with cheers every time he said it, so it became central to his shtick.

As his base evaporates, the remaining loyalists will grow even more extreme on average. The crowds will demand (and reward) more aggressive, unhinged rhetoric. And Trump will give it to them. Because he’s a junkie for their approval. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 2

I realize that this board is at best very cynical about Sam Harris, and to me, you have to fight through Harris' willingness to oversimplify the BLM and protest movements, but to me this podcast perfectly sets out the bullet points that have to be addressed if the Dems want to "persuade the persuadables" and overcome the arguments of skittish moderates in the battleground states. 

https://samharris.org/podcasts/207-can-pull-back-brink/

To me, it feels like there are four phases that all have to happen if the Dems want to overcome what I think will be a rise in Trumps polling over the next few months.  The 1) the empathy for the protests, 2) the empathy for the slogans, 3) the focus on the root causes and not the symptoms, 4) a message which will include a "we support good police" track.

The Dems have to focus now to assuage the nervous, and they need to pray for no more videos, or successful misinformation from the Trumpistas. 

Anyone spiking the football now is insane. Trump has figured out he’s being pummeled and his going to listen to advisors and stay on point. The only question is how long can he control himself. Is it weeks? Months? Minutes? It will vary from day to today but I expect him to pull himself together and tighten up his campaign in the short and medium term. The polls will shrink. Probably get downright tight. Can trump manage to go a few days without a new scandal? Who knows. But I’m in no way feeling good, at all. This feels like 2016 all over again, no matter how many polls and statistics in swing states and counties seem to indicate otherwise. A wounded animal is always the most dangerous, and trump and his supporters (40% of America) are ALL wounded animals at this point. 

• Like 3

It will be too easy for Trump operatives to, if they don't happen organically on their own, instigate looting and "statue downing".  And the press will totally play into his hands. 

It's not so much the Dems stepping on their dicks as the internet universe wanting more than anything to feed on videos and signs of the unraveling of American society.

The answer to anyone above my IQ is "anyone but Trump", but unfortunately, I'm in the upper 48%.

1 minute ago, tantric superman said:

I'm not.  I'm a realistic guy who saw Trump win last time with the support of millions of morons.

Anybody that is scared of protests was never going to vote for a Democrat, and the protests aren't being connected to Joe Biden anyway.

• Like 1