2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

33 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Anyone spiking the football now is insane. Trump has figured out he’s being pummeled and his going to listen to advisors and stay on point. The only question is how long can he control himself. Is it weeks? Months? Minutes? It will vary from day to today but I expect him to pull himself together and tighten up his campaign in the short and medium term. The polls will shrink. Probably get downright tight. Can trump manage to go a few days without a new scandal? Who knows. But I’m in no way feeling good, at all. This feels like 2016 all over again, no matter how many polls and statistics in swing states and counties seem to indicate otherwise. A wounded animal is always the most dangerous, and trump and his supporters (40% of America) are ALL wounded animals at this point. 

In fairness, Trump is down by so much right now that probably the only place he can go is up. I think it’s going to take awhile for the polls to narrow, if they actually do.  Keep in mind that Biden had a healthy lead over Trump in the polls before the pandemic and this BLM stuff.

several campaign experts are already categorizing Michigan and Pennsylvania as lean Democrat. Meaning we have a noticeable advantage in those states. Arizona seems to be trending in that direction quickly. The battleground polls look great, people just need to stay focused on the race, actually getting out to vote, and not get overconfident.

Edited by Voldemort86

12 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

You seem to be intentionally missing the point, or I'm not communicating well, but okay.

From my understanding, you think Democrats need reign in the protests and BLM, and acknowledge good policing. Which to me screams that Democrats need to moderate and not moderating will hurt Democrats. So, my response was to say the protests and BLM have public support, and neither of those two things are being tied to Joe Biden or Democrats by anybody credible. Sure altright dipshits and MAGAts think this is the Democrats fault, everyday Americans don't right now.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Anyone spiking the football now is insane. Trump has figured out he’s being pummeled and his going to listen to advisors and stay on point. The only question is how long can he control himself. Is it weeks? Months? Minutes? It will vary from day to today but I expect him to pull himself together and tighten up his campaign in the short and medium term. The polls will shrink. Probably get downright tight. Can trump manage to go a few days without a new scandal? Who knows. But I’m in no way feeling good, at all. This feels like 2016 all over again, no matter how many polls and statistics in swing states and counties seem to indicate otherwise. A wounded animal is always the most dangerous, and trump and his supporters (40% of America) are ALL wounded animals at this point. 

I agree, but his advisors all have their heads up his ass. Yes-men are all that remains in the WH and his campaign. That Politico piece was full of quotes from the tone deaf.

I don't think his advisors were telling him not to have the Tulsa rally. They don't seem to see any differences between 2016 and now, despite Covid and the protest movement and just the raw numbers.

He'd be much better off listening to Republican senators and governors, who are going to run away from him if this keeps up.

Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner, who effectively oversees the campaign from the White House, is expected to play an even more active role.

Good.

6 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Yeah - if you couldn't manage the few sentences of my posts, I wouldn't bother.

Ah, you were talking about people Democrats should try to persuade. In that case I have no intention of conforming to Karens.

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

In fairness, Trump is down by so much right now that probably the only place he can go is up. I think it’s going to take awhile for the polls to narrow, if they actually do.  Keep in mind that Biden had a healthy lead over Trump in the polls before the pandemic and this BLM stuff.

The Pres tweeted “thank you” to supporters who clearly shout “white power”. There’s just no fucking way he comes back to narrow the gap

There will be some back and forth over the next 127 days. Like any candidate, Biden will say something that worries some of his on-the-fence supporters. A few of them will float to the undecided, sitting it out, or even back to Trump. Polls will show that.  

Not to mention that polls self-report that they have a margin of error. Showing 55-45 for Biden one day could easily report the next day at 52-48. It doesn't mean that there was any real change.

I only see Biden losing if he gets sick with COVID scaring people about his health, or is there is some unknown scandal that hasn't come out. That one sexual assault scandal has an unreliable victim so that is going nowhere. The only way that Trump's popularity goes up is a severe terrorist act against us which allows him to show strength.

Still Biden has to run the campaign like he is losing. 

This feels a lot like 2016, but there’s a lot of differences too.

all of Trumps attacks haven’t stuck yet. They always seemed to land against Hilary. 

Biden doesn’t have near the baggage that Clinton does. I remember the Russians would drop a wikileak every week to keep the masses upset and pissed at Hilary.

i doubt Trump gets an October surprise like Comey again. That one was 1 in a million and his campaign wasn’t even behind it. People on all sides of the political spectrum took the comey thing seriously because he was seen as a neutral figure. He had no upside to helping trump or Clinton. 

that fat fuck bill Barr will try some stuff, but nobody outside of republicans will take him seriously because the guy is so blatantly obvious that he’s a political hack for Trump.

He was a disruption candidate in 2016 when a lot of morons were looking for that. Now the results of having a disruption candidate as President have been fully felt and America it seems didn't like it. But there's still a long way to go and we're an incredibly stupid society. 

My biggest fear is voters not turning out to fuckstomp Trump.

My biggest fantasy is dotard leaving the WH with Audrey Strauss waiting outside with a pair of cuffs.

But as someone mentioned a few pages back, I do not put it past Barr or Trump to manufacture a crisis in October. I also wouldn't put it past dotard to call in national guards / federal troops to "guard" the polling stations, and "detain and question" large groups of non-white people about their motives until the polls closed.

The Pres tweeted “thank you” to supporters who clearly shout “white power”. There’s just no fucking way he comes back to narrow the gap

You underestimate how truly shitty a large percentage of our country is, and how reliably they turn out to vote. 35-40% of our country is irredeemable shitbags...and they show up and vote. You think that racism is a liability....they fucking LOVE IT. He’s “not politically correct! He thinks like I do!”
Never underestimate how genuinely awful these people are, and how much they hate you and anyone different from them.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Narrator: Aaaaaaaand then he tweeted out White Power. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You underestimate how truly shitty a large percentage of our country is, and how reliably they turn out to vote. 35-40% of our country is irredeemable shitbags...and they show up and vote. You think that racism is a liability....they fucking LOVE IT. He’s “not politically correct! He thinks like I do!”
Never underestimate how genuinely awful these people are, and how much they hate you and anyone different from them.

It's almost like the people that vote get fair and accurate representation in public office. Funny how that works. 

Everyone needs to vote. I don't actually care who wins if we are above 95% voter turnout. It'll be representative. 

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

It's almost like the people that vote get fair and accurate representation in public office. Funny how that works. 

Everyone needs to vote. I don't actually care who wins if we are above 95% voter turnout. It'll be representative. 

Has that EVER HAPPENED? Voter turnout in m 2016% was an all time low at like 50%. But 95%? 

I think voting should be mandatory. Don’t vote? Driver’s Live we revoked. Tax Penalty engaged. Fucking something. 

• Like 2

The upside of your scenario is that we get the govt we deserve.
That is also the downside. God protect us from getting what we actually deserve, because we are a shitty, shitty people.

Has that EVER HAPPENED? Voter turnout in m 2016% was an all time low at like 50%. But 95%? 

I think voting should be mandatory. Don’t vote? Driver’s Live we revoked. Tax Penalty engaged. Fucking something. 
Exactly. It has never happened in modern history.

If we had high turnout our country and it's politicians wouldn't be owned by the billionaires and interest groups.
  • Like 3

Saw some guy say in the AAS that he would vote for Trump again just because Biden is worse.  Damn, I never knew Biden was a bigger liar, crook, con artist and thief than Trump is. And now that I see his reaction to the outbreak, I know he is a goddam fool as well.  fml 

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Agree with your first sentence. The rest is kind of bewildering and frustrating to read.

I know Trumpism has warped reality and turned truth and sincerity upside down, but leave that shit to Trumpkins. You don't have to succumb to it. 

"A wounded animal is always the most dangerous" - Totally agree. But you've misidentified the group of people who are wounded animals. Trump is President. Trumpism is in power right now. The wounded animals are everyone who is against Trump and have had to live this daily fucking nightmare for the last 3.5 years. And they will convincingly vote him out of office in November. 

• Like 1

We will still have a cycle of something unethical that Biden's kid did to earn another buck, and some of the stink will rub off on Biden. Biden needs to come out with a story that we all have bad apples in our family but they're still family and you hope they will be better tomorrow. But Biden has to be sure that he never benefited from it.

7 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Agree with your first sentence. The rest is kind of bewildering and frustrating to read.

I know Trumpism has warped reality and turned truth and sincerity upside down, but leave that shit to Trumpkins. You don't have to succumb to it. 

"A wounded animal is always the most dangerous" - Totally agree. But you've misidentified the group of people who are wounded animals. Trump is President. Trumpism is in power right now. The wounded animals are everyone who is against Trump and have had to live this daily fucking nightmare for the last 3.5 years. And they will convincingly vote him out of office in November. 

I love the optimism, and while you hopefully are correct, one of the main issues with the United States right now thanks to the deep country divide is that whether justified or not, EVERYONE can feel like a wounded animal. You watch the conservatives on social media. Read the comments of FB news articles. The right has been conditioned to believe their way of life is in jeopardy and Stalin is imo king on the door. They behave like wounded animals. Do I feel wounded? Yes. Am I educated and more prone to logic and reason and therefore less prone to zealotry. Also yes. I’m still concerned for various reasons that folks won’t show up enough in November to make a true blue wave. And make no mistake we need both houses and the White House. 

and that’s before voter suppression and election fraud even becomes a factor. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I love the optimism, and while you hopefully are correct, one of the main issues with the United States right now thanks to the deep country divide is that whether justified or not, EVERYONE can feel like a wounded animal. You watch the conservatives on social media. Read the comments of FB news articles. The right has been conditioned to believe their way of life is in jeopardy and Stalin is imo king on the door. They behave like wounded animals. Do I feel wounded? Yes. Am I educated and more prone to logic and reason and therefore less prone to zealotry. Also yes. I’m still concerned for various reasons that folks won’t show up enough in November to make a true blue wave. And make no mistake we need both houses and the White House. 

and that’s before voter suppression and election fraud even becomes a factor. 

Voter suppression and cheating is a legitimate concern. IMO it's literally the only chance Trump has to win. 

5 minutes ago, Larry T. Spider said:

If we had 95% turnout, Republicans would never control any branch of government again. They are the ones trying to suppress the vote for a reason.

I don't think this is true. I think the Republican platform would just better reflect what the citizens actually want and need. 

The Republican party as we know it today is dead already, it's zombie corpse will just continue to live on until January of 2021. The democratic party would also be dead if more voters turned out as it's platform isn't much better than the Republicans when it comes to actually representing the citizens of the United States. Too many corporate interests and bullshit like that getting in the way of real and effective policy. 

We have no answer YEARS after the EU has had wild success with internet data rights in GDPR. It's actually pathetic how bought our government is. 

You guys need to be re-assured a lot. do you think most people are going to see a few polls and all of a sudden forget how much of a disgusting monster Trump is?

2018 midterm Democrat voter turnout was amazing. I never would’ve predicted that much would turn out.

turnout in nearly all democratic primaries has been breaking records.

people will see it through and take out the orange idiot.

another thing I’ve noticed is that I don’t think Trump’s racist and retarded base is amped right now. They had 2 Supreme Court vacancies one in each cycle to juice turnout and they also seemed to pickup motivation during the kavanaugh confirmation process in 2018.

I’m not kidding you guys, Tons of people voted for Trump because of the Supreme Court and no other reason. Just hope that no vacancy pops up and he should be toast for sure. Conservatives are struggling to get motivation right now. Trump has throughly failed to damage Biden with his war chest so far and we’re nearly into July.

On 6/25/2020 at 3:15 PM, Chuckie Finster said:

If you're looking for a reason to vote Biden that isn't just "he's not Trump," Jon Stewart lays it out here.

Big Stewart fan. Well said as always. I hope he is right. That said, if you can look at the two at face value and still need a reason to vote for Biden, stupid is the nicest thing I can call you.

On 6/25/2020 at 7:30 PM, Biff Tannen said:

More to the point, it's June.  Polls don't mean shit.  But yes, let dotard keep fucking up and hopefully those numbers grow or at least stay the same.  If they are like this in October, I'll start to have some hope.

I agree with your sentiment. Democrats need to put in the work and show up. That said, Biden's been leading Trump in polling basically since January 2017. His consistent lead is unprecedented. The best comps for his poling lead right now are Nixon and Reagan in '72 and '84, respectively. At this point it's overwhelmingly obvious Biden has the votes if everyone just shows up/mails in. Driving turnout and fighting for election integrity is the name of the game at this point.

On 6/25/2020 at 7:39 PM, Gil Bang said:

If you seriously didn't know about Fox polling, take a look:  

Lol fuck Karl Rove. Given his background he knew full well why FOX made that call. He just couldn't accept it. Like aggy trying to explain away October losses.

9 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

At the moment it feels like Biden is a football team up 21 points in the first quarter. You should be able to ride it out, and your fans can start dancing in the aisles. But in about 5-10% of games like that, the other team wins.

I'd say it's more like the middle of the third. Biden has led the whole game despite being an underdog. Biden's mostly been keeping Trump at arm's length after establishing an early lead. Trump got the ball coming out of half down two scores and kicked a FG, now it's down to 10. Biden gets the ball and doesn't do a whole lot with it, so punts it back. Trump knows there's an opportunity but can't overcome the fact that he inherently sucks. Trump punts the ball back to Biden, covers it awfully, and Biden houses it. Everyone says the quiet part out loud at this point, "Fuck me we're really gonna win this thing."

Something like this: 

Fuck OU and fuck Donald Trump.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2020 at 9:43 PM, WBT said:

The pendulum will swing back in way less than 16 years.  The Ds will overreach and the Rs will make changes.  It's a two party system; we'll never stay too far from equilibrium.

Not sure about that.

We have a duopoly with neither party caring for those of us in the middle.

https://freakonomics.com/podcast/politics-industry/

Does he know we’ve been calling him a loser for decades?
It’s like when Jerry has to burst George’s bubble when he wants to be the ‘Bad Boy’

Donald-you are a loser at the casino business, a loser at the beef business, a loser at most of the real estate business, a loser at the wine and vodka businesses, a loser at the airline business, a loser at football, a loser at The 2000 and 2012 presidential elections, a loser at vocabulary, a loser at clothing lines, a loser at most of the things you attempted in your first term, and are currently the biggest loser in 2020 campaign.
 You lose at a lot of shit.  In fact you lose far more than you win.  But you somehow took that shitty losing record all the way to the White House (for one term, anyway). So I gotta give you that, you fat loser.