2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

People have been talking about Texas turning purple or blue for the last 20 years. Hispanic demographics didn’t really move the needle (not the thread to get into why) but it hasn’t yet. That said, the Dems have steadily increased their numbers which smart Repubs have not ignored. With the baby boomer generation dying off, increased minority voting block, and the younger generation’s lack of Repub voter ID, it could happen soon. I predict when it happens, it’ll happen very rapidly. Those moderates who vote for Repubs out of political expediency will switch over quickly.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

It's not...... He's a fucking nut job.

I’d say it’s a toss-up between nut job and cynical propagandist psychopath. Which are both species of “nut job,” I suppose. The difference is whether he actually believes the insane alarmist bullshit he’s peddling.

26 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

As a winnable voter, this ain't how to win me.

If you won't listen now, why the fuck would I imagine you'll listen when you've already gotten the one thing you want from me?

I agree with the message 100%.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

This seems incredibly optimistic. But we can dream. This kind of landslide would have to result in a D sweep down ballot.

I mean come on.  That's like, wildest dreams best case scenario.  But why not dream a little bit?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

ron desantis, Donald Trump, and Mike pence death cult

Yeah I was gonna say, Donald Trump is President and is ignoring a global pandemic. The question should be why aren't all 50 states turning blue. 

• Like 1

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/07/trump-wants-another-supreme-court-fight-before-november.html

if this happens, I’m probably going to punch a hole in the wall and fracture my hand.

why does this fat, ugly, orange, piece of shit always get a Supreme Court vacancy right before people vote?

it happened in 2016, 2018, and it better not happen in 2020. If the fat fuck somehow wins re-election, I’d bet on it happening in 2022 because of how old Ginsburg, Breyer, and Thomas are.

this is freaking bull shit.

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

This seems incredibly optimistic. But we can dream. This kind of landslide would have to result in a D sweep down ballot.

That's if the Dems get errbody...... Not a lot of data on Iowa but it's still lean GOP.  Just get PA, MI, WI and Florida and roll.....

The salient point is where can Trump pick up any states?  He pretty much can't.  All defense.

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

uh, yeah.  it's supposed to be incredibly optimistic.  that was the point of the tweet.

this incredibly optimistic pipedream wishcast of an electoral map is mathematically more likely than trump winning (according to their forecast model).

• Like 1

^^^

LOL. Parscale and Trump Campaign were crowing about their record-setting haul of $131M just a few hours ago.

The massive second quarter haul is especially notable as it was largely fueled by the robust digital, mail and online donor base amassed, as President Trump only held two fundraising events in the second quarter. This speaks to the strength, breadth and depth of support for President Trump by Republicans, whereas in contrast, Joe Biden is personally holding fundraising events constantly, and still can’t coalesce voters and donors to his cause.

“The Trump campaign’s monumental June fundraising haul proves that people are voting with their wallets and that enthusiasm behind President Trump’s re-election is only growing,” said Trump 2020 Campaign Manager Brad Parscale. “No one is excited about Joe Biden."

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Morris is a recent UT grad.  He claims he ran a model while still at UT and gave Trump a 15% chance in 2016.  Obviously he doesn't have the credibility that Silver does but good for him on getting the gig I guess.  Here's a podcast where he talks about rolling out the model.

https://www.economist.com/podcasts/2020/06/12/modelled-citizens-how-useful-is-polling-in-predicting-the-result-of-the-us-presidential-election

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

My parents honestly believe that the only thing stopping the liberal mob from taking all of their (middle class) money and burning America to the ground is Republicans. My mom is taking about burying gold in the back yard or using offshore bank accounts. She started watching Tucker during Covid lockdown and has gone from normal to batshit crazy in 3 months.

I try to show them how tucker is trying to manipulate them by taking something with a tiny grain of truth and extrapolating that out to “the world is ending” but they won’t have it. We spent 2 hours going over the first 8 minutes of his show point by point, stopping to fact check everything. They will get it for a few minutes until the next segment comes on and the world is ending again. 

It’s just sad to me because I feel like I lost my parents. They saved their entire lives to have a good retirement and now this is how they are going to spend it. Living in fear. I would love to get one swing at that little fuck. He knows what he’s doing and that it’s brainwashing people.

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

^^^

LOL. Parscale and Trump Campaign were crowing about their record-setting haul of $131M just a few hours ago.

I think it’s hilarious how all of Parscale and Trumps attacks fall so flat in 2020.

they stuck and got Hilary pretty good with the help of the Wikileaks garbage in 2016, but Biden is like Muhammad Ali out there. He’s dodging everything.

Edited by Voldemort86

Mmmmmmm freshly showered Beto

And I still think he’s the best extemporaneous off the cuff speaker in the Democratic Party.

He turns a question about eating at Whattaburger with Joe Biden into a speech on FDR, populism, and progressivism and connects it all to how Biden will have the most progressive administration in history and we have to help make that happen.

11 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I freaking hate Chuck Grassley.

hes on my very short “ wish creepy old guy would croak sooner rather than later list”. The other 2 are Sheldon adelson and Mitch McConnell.

He’s also a completely artificial politician.  His whole bit is he’s just a humble Iowa farmer, he’s bringing salt of the earth work ethic to corrupt DC.

Bullshit. His staff strong arm Orgs and companies all over town with threats of investigation, that can only be dealt with by hiring his former staff and making big campaign donations.  He’s as cynical and slick a political operator as you’ll find in DC.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

He’s also a completely artificial politician.  His whole bit is he’s just a humble Iowa farmer, he’s bringing salt of the earth work ethic to corrupt DC.

Bullshit. His staff strong arm Orgs and companies all over town with threats of investigation, that can only be dealt with by hiring his former staff and making big campaign donations.  He’s as cynical and slick a political operator as you’ll find in DC.

I hate him because he’s probably the main reason Iowa has one of the worst governors in the country. It looked like Reynolds was losing then he poked his head in there and said “A DEMOCRAT MIGHT PICK MY REPLACEMENT IF I DIE” then all of a sudden Iowa listened to him and the polls in Iowa seemed to reverse. Kim Reynolds is woefully unqualified for the job. The only worse governor than her is probably Kristi Noem.

now he has the audacity to try and coach trump by telling him “ the more empathy you show, the higher your polls will go”. As if Trump has ever showed empathy for anyone in his whole miserable life.....

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

Back during the Russia investigation, I discovered what a huge turd Grassley and his staff were in the transcripts behind closed doors.  He has no interest is serving the public and uses his staff to intimidate witnesses.  He’s an awful person. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

The scariest thing of all this is that it took a pandemic and 1968 style rioting to finally break through and damage his polling numbers. Biden was leading trump before all of this crap, but it was much tighter.

Doesn’t give me much hope for the intelligence of our country.

• Like 1