2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

6 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Worked last time.

and this time the Republicans will be all in on supporting and coordinating voter suppression, foreign interference, and outright vote rigging.  why wouldn’t they?  as a country we have made it clear to them that there are, and will be no consequences. 

• Like 1

On July 2, 2020 at 12:40 AM, Larry T. Spider said:

My parents honestly believe that the only thing stopping the liberal mob from taking all of their (middle class) money and burning America to the ground is Republicans. My mom is taking about burying gold in the back yard or using offshore bank accounts. She started watching Tucker during Covid lockdown and has gone from normal to batshit crazy in 3 months.

I try to show them how tucker is trying to manipulate them by taking something with a tiny grain of truth and extrapolating that out to “the world is ending” but they won’t have it. We spent 2 hours going over the first 8 minutes of his show point by point, stopping to fact check everything. They will get it for a few minutes until the next segment comes on and the world is ending again. 

It’s just sad to me because I feel like I lost my parents. They saved their entire lives to have a good retirement and now this is how they are going to spend it. Living in fear. I would love to get one swing at that little fuck. He knows what he’s doing and that it’s brainwashing people.

Threaten to report them to the Death Panel for being mentally defective. Don't they remember? Obama did all that shit when he was President, just as the Fox drones predicted. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Let's not overlook the fact that 41.5% of the electorate think Trump is the better option.

Get out and vote. Tell all of your friends, coworkers and relatives to spread the word. Vote the traitor out of office.

People keep throwing out similar numbers. I don't buy it. I think what we're finally seeing is the middle third of voters turn on the bottom third because they realize they were duped. I could buy 30% all day, but i don't think the never die trump supporters go beyond that. Not anymore. I hope I'm right

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

It is.
And it will work.
Our last free and fair election is in the rear view mirror.

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

and this time the Republicans will be all in on supporting and coordinating voter suppression, foreign interference, and outright vote rigging.  why wouldn’t they?  as a country we have made it clear to them that there are, and will be no consequences. 

Knock it off with that shit. The Pentagon has basically told him that they won't do his bidding if they so much as suspect funny business. The messaging they sent out a few weeks ago was basically "Try it, bitch."

• Like 2

What do you mean by peak 2020?

“Peak something” means a situation or event is emblematic or symbolic of a greater whole.

“Hanging fake championship banners is peak aggy”

“Yelling ‘Roll Tide’ at a wedding is peak Alabama”

“Bragging about your state being awesome in everything is peak Texas”

“Kanye West running for President with Elon Musk’s support is peak 2020”

• Like 1

I am realistically & seriously concerned about Trump & his sycophantic supporters who will potentially take up arms if he loses the Electoral College.

Hell, the 2016 contest had him railing constantly about the election being rigged (it wasn't) & he was setting the stage for a soft revolution where some of his most fervent supporters were frothing @ the mouth in a "Let's go do some Patriot / III%er / Møłőn Ābë" way.

Unfortunately, I am married into a Trumper cadre & the shit they genuinely believe about him is quite disturbing.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I think he’s already missed the filing deadline in nearly all 50 states.

I’d like more details on this, if anyone knows it. Because he’ll siphon young and African American voters entirely from Biden. And considering he is an ardent trump supporter, I find this more than a little disquieting. 

• Like 1

I’d like more details on this, if anyone knows it. Because he’ll siphon young and African American voters entirely from Biden. And considering he is an ardent trump supporter, I find this more than a little disquieting. 
I'd posit that the only votes Kanye would get are from dipshit young people that were likely to simply not vote without him. I doubt much of anyone is anti Trump, planning on voting for Biden, but the Trumpkin Kanye entering the game changes things. That just doesn't make sense.

I don't expect anything significant to come of this.

10 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Wow you’re cool. 

I’m not trying to look cool. And I bear you no personal ill will. You are the main amplifier of the histrionic narrative that we are on the cusp of a dictator for life scenario wrt Trump.  The worse Trump does, the more far fetched the scenarios you choose to push get. I don’t think you believe them. I think you are preying on the fears of many well meaning members of this website, and to what purpose I do not know. If you really believe what you are posting take the bet. Otherwise I would like you to acknowledge that the most likely scenario is that Biden defeats Trump in November, and that there is a peaceful, orderly transition of power next January, just as there has been for the last almost two and a half centuries.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

I bet they feel silly for missing their chance at a dry run in 2018

I’m not trying to look cool. And I bear you no personal ill will. You are the main amplifier of the histrionic narrative that we are on the cusp of a dictator for life scenario wrt Trump.  The worse Trump does, the more far fetched the scenarios you choose to push get. I don’t think you believe them. I think you are preying on the fears of many well meaning members of this website, and to what purpose I do not know. If you really believe what you are posting take the bet. Otherwise I would like you to acknowledge that the most likely scenario is that Biden defeats Trump in November, and that there is a peaceful, orderly transition of power next January, just as there has been for the last almost two and a half centuries.

Peaceful, yes. Orderly, eh. Trump will kick and scream. His team will not be helpful during the transition. The new admin will have to spend an inordinate amount of time on unfucking things, which is by design. It will be tangibly different than Bush to Obama or Obama to Trump.

Decent twitter series of trumps strategy by David Frum and why it flys in the face of logic or past gop strategy. But this sums it up to me that is a simple reply when a trumpkin family or friend talks about statues or Seattle non police zones:

Trump is running as the challenger. The statues are all on the ground because trump did nothing. He always does/says nothing until the smoke clears. This is the action of a challenger not the incumbent. 

• Like 2

"Vote for Trump, and give him the chance to fix Joe Biden's America..."

A joke, but not really far off from the messages we're getting. "In Joe Biden's America, there would be civil unrest and hundreds of thousands dead from a pandemic...."

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Decent twitter series of trumps strategy by David Frum and why it flys in the face of logic or past gop strategy. But this sums it up to me that is a simple reply when a trumpkin family or friend talks about statues or Seattle non police zones:

Trump is running as the challenger. The statues are all on the ground because trump did nothing. He always does/says nothing until the smoke clears. This is the action of a challenger not the incumbent. 

That take puts a lot of faith in the American electorate that I am not sure is warranted. I'm not sure the culture war shit is really going to erode Trump's support much. It isn't going to gain him anything either, but it isn't going to hurt. His support is remarkably inelastic in the 40-45 percent range. Democrats show up, Democrats win. Democrats don't show up, Democrats lose. It is that simple.

13 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Knock it off with that shit. The Pentagon has basically told him that they won't do his bidding if they so much as suspect funny business. The messaging they sent out a few weeks ago was basically "Try it, bitch."

so Trump pulls out a narrow win and the military steps in and overthrows him?  i don't think so.  i'm far less concerned about what will happen if the election results show Trump lost and he tries to stay in power - in fact, part of me almost wants to see that happen, because i'd like to see him thrown out on his ass, kicking and screaming.  i am far more concerned with the election being rigged through various means to allow for a close Trump "victory."  does anyone really doubt that every single current Republican elected official wouldn't take part in that, or at best, look the other way?    Republicans have blocked every single measure attempting to stop or curb foreign interference in our elections.  they are actively engaged in widespread voter suppression efforts.  all with no real consequences.   

• Like 3

Guest Lobo

Yeah, this new strategy is actually new.  I know we feel like his behavior is always as predictable as it is shocking.  But this one is different, he really is shedding all the tremendous advantages that come with running as the incumbent, and gone back to being the guy yelling at random shit from the sidelines at the person in charge.  I've never seen that in my lifetime or all my collegiate study of politics.  Johnson kinda did it a little in '64 by somewhat effectively painting Goldwater as this insider who would escalate wars and promote racism and install unfair economic policies.  And doing a lot of it from his "humble ranch in small town America."  

But four months left to go, and he's claiming that Biden will bring cultural divides, rioting cities, economic downturns, and ineffectiveness in the face of Covid19. 

He is attempting to link those things to Biden not now, but that those bad things will happen under Biden.  A vote for Trump is now the disruption vote, despite him being the current President.  A vote for Trump prevents Biden from bringing those bad things to bear on America.  That's the second step in the new strategy (first one being trying to deny these bad things are even happening in the first place, in that sense the new challenger strategy is still somewhat grounded in his being "on the scene" for the last few years).  Third step, and this is where he truly crosses over into the surreal---it is to lay out his case to the American people how he would deal with cultural divides, rioting cities, economic downturns, and ineffectiveness in the face of Covid19.  He's starting to do that in the last couple of weeks.  This is the head scratcher for those of us who can form the simple complete thought, "Then why the fuck isn't he doing that shit right now?"  But the whole interference is to draw away from the piece-de-resistance...to keep America on the edge of its seat wondering, "What are these magical next steps he's going to implement in a few months to get us out of this mess?"  And with that, no matter the results in November, his supporters become infinitely more hardened in their resolve and admiration for him.  Because not only did the rest of us vote for Biden, but now we're standing in the way of Trump's master plan to save America.  And for 11 weeks this winter, they're going to want to go to war for him and his plan.  You know...the one he should reveal now.  Stephen Miller privately refers to this new strategy as "The Bell."  But not because it signals anyone.  

Trumps final strategy to get out his vote, convert a few deserters back to the party, and convince many undecideds that they must now break for Trump is his "Save America" master plan that can only be implemented AFTER November.  If we don't elect him in November, the plan will be lost, all the momentum we made getting the economy back and fighting Covid19 will be lost to time if we go with Biden.  The plan must also endure between Election Day and Inauguration Day, so he'll invoke all kinds of special powers, leading America into her darkest 11 weeks.  His supporters, and then some on top of that, will be incredibly passionate about fighting for him across all fronts (in the media, at rallies, at protests, even in direct violence).  And that reminds precisely of what Hitler did in the waning months of the war.  He convinced a beleaguered and pessimistic Reich to keep fighting for him no matter the cost to them personally.  But he was smart enough to know he had to dangle something in front of them, give them some glimmer of hope.  Trump's plan, "The Bell", is to offer America an alternative to the shitty future we'll get with Trump.  He can't get into specifics now, but it's going to be tremendous and preserve our great heritage against lesser peoples.  We have to elect him, or let him abuse the electoral process.  That's our only choice.  Hitler did this too, he offered the Reich the promise of a super-weapon capable of annihilating all Allied Forces.  They clung to it as they had clung to all his other empty promises, and in doing that were reinvigorating to keep fighting until the futile end in May '45.  This super-weapon was nicknamed "Die Glocke."  And it was nothing more than a hoax, an empty promise by a desperate man who had never known defeat.  

Die Glocke in English is, "The Bell."  Trump's secret plan to fix the economy, defeat Coronavirus, preserve law & order.  The plan to save his Reich.  

The simulation is literally just fucking with us at this point.

Trump will not win the election. There is no longer any doubt about this, despite whatever the horse race pundits may say. 

If Trump somehow manages to steal it America is done and over with. Any supporter of trump nowadays is basically an enemy of America and it’s unrecognized ideals and supports a future state of fascism and apartheid. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump will not win the election. There is no longer any doubt about this, despite whatever the horse race pundits may say. 

If Trump somehow manages to steal it America is done and over with. Any supporter of trump nowadays is basically an enemy of America and it’s unrecognized ideals and supports a future state of fascism and apartheid. 

A legit election in November where no one is afraid to go vote? I'd say 95% chance for Biden. Hopefully we get something resembling that. 

19 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump knows this too, which is why Kanye's crazy ass has been marched out there to announce his candidacy. Desperation. Write-in Kanye might steal Biden votes while incurring virtually no bleed from the Trump base. And if you have to break the glass in case of emergency perhaps swap Kanye for Pence on the ticket. I joked about this possibility in recent months but Kanye's madness and celebrity make him a tempting gambit to Trump.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Looks like he’s missed the dates everywhere except LA and Deleware. So He’ll be a write in.

https://www.fec.gov/resources/cms-content/documents/2020pdates.pdf

Can write-ins actually win an election? I thought there was some rule where candidates must be certified but I could be completely making that up lol

4 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Peaceful, yes. Orderly, eh. Trump will kick and scream. His team will not be helpful during the transition. The new admin will have to spend an inordinate amount of time on unfucking things, which is by design. It will be tangibly different than Bush to Obama or Obama to Trump.

You know, something I haven't thought about that makes me like Biden even more, is that if anyone is equipped to fire things back up again after Trump burns everything down on his way out, it's the guy who was VP until four years ago. I'm sure there's still some infrastructure that he's very familiar with that can be cranked back up quickly. If anyone is going proceed as if the last four years were just a bizarro world gap between the Obama administration and the next, Joe Biden would be the second best person in the world (behind Barack) to do that. Obviously he's still going to have a lot of rebuilding to do, but he's probably the right guy for it. I voted for someone else, but I'm glad the nominee is a guy who has deep executive branch experience.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

You know, something I haven't thought about that makes me like Biden even more, is that if anyone is equipped to fire things back up again after Trump burns everything down on his way out, it's the guy who was VP until four years ago. I'm sure there's still some infrastructure that he's very familiar with that can be cranked back up quickly. If anyone is going proceed as if the last four years were just a bizarro world gap between the Obama administration and the next, Joe Biden would be the second best person in the world (behind Barack) to do that. Obviously he's still going to have a lot of rebuilding to do, but he's probably the right guy for it. I voted for someone else, but I'm glad the nominee is a guy who has deep executive branch experience.

People with dementia typically do better retain long term memory so this is a possibility. 

• Fuck You 3

2 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Trump knows this too, which is why Kanye's crazy ass has been marched out there to announce his candidacy. Desperation. Write-in Kanye might steal Biden votes while incurring virtually no bleed from the Trump base. And if you have to break the glass in case of emergency perhaps swap Kanye for Pence on the ticket. I joked about this possibility in recent months but Kanye's madness and celebrity make him a tempting gambit to Trump.

I’m still skeptical.

can some boneheaded rapper really trick minorities into throwing their votes away and deprive the entire nation of their only chance to get rid of this joke of a president?

id assume most democratic voters are smarter than this.

especially after 2016 where so many dingbats voted 3rd party to get out of the way and let trump win.

Edited by Voldemort86

7 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I’m still skeptical.

can some boneheaded rapper really trick minorities into throwing their votes away and deprive the entire nation of their only chance to get rid of this joke of a president?

id assume most democratic voters are smarter than this.

especially after 2016 where so many dingbats voted 3rd party to get out of the way and let trump win.

Trump would be more likely to add Eminem to his ticket than Kanye.  At least Eminem is white.

I see Kanye as serving multiple purposes. Elevate the legitimacy of a well known black Trump supporter to highlight Dotard's tolerance, siphon youth votes from Biden, and in general to trivialize the seriousness of this election. Trump is most at home in a chaotic carnival atmosphere. Informed people will not entertain Kanye as a serious choice, but that still leaves a vast potential constituency.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner