2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Looks like he’s missed the dates everywhere except LA and Deleware. So He’ll be a write in.

https://www.fec.gov/resources/cms-content/documents/2020pdates.pdf

If he runs as an independent, he could still get on in a number of states.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/05/kanye-west-says-running-president-2020-348903

2 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I see Kanye as serving multiple purposes. Elevate the legitimacy of a known Trump supporter, siphon youth votes from Biden, and in general to trivialize the seriousness of this election. Trump is most at home in a chaotic carnival atmosphere. Informed people will not entertain Kanye as a serious choice, but that still leaves a vast potential constituency.

except that most who want to vote for him would have to write him in at this point. do you think they're motivated enough to do show up and do that? I don't. this is a distraction and publicity stunt- nothing more

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

except that most who want to vote for him would have to write him in at this point. do you think they're motivated enough to do show up and do that? I don't. this is a distraction and publicity stunt- nothing more

Which is why "desperate" was among my initial descriptors. You and I would never dream of withholding support to an ally nation in exchange for favors against a political opponent either, nor suppressing votes, nor discouraging the use of masks during a pandemic because you perceive it's a threat to your own narrow political interests. There is no bottom. Everything is on the table in operation re-elect Trump. I'm speculating that although Kanye as VP surely isn't option 1a for Trump, he's one of many thrashing tentacles deployed by cornered demonic Don. 

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Which is why "desperate" was among my initial descriptors. You and I would never dream of withholding support to an ally nation in exchange for favors against a political opponent either, nor suppressing votes, nor discouraging the use of masks during a pandemic because you perceive it's a threat to your own narrow political interests. There is no bottom. Everything is on the table in operation re-elect Trump. I'm speculating that although Kanye as VP surely isn't option 1a for Trump, he's one of many thrashing tentacles deployed by cornered demonic Don. 

Supreme Court vacancies during an election are rare throughout American history.

the fat orange fuck is going to try and convince either Thomas or Alito to step down. Scalia croaked in 2016 and McConnell held that vacancy open for a year, trump convinced Kennedy to retire in 2018 and the kavanaugh disaster helped the GOP avoid a wipeout in the midterms. The fat orange fuck wants 3 vacancies right before the election in a row because Supreme Court vacancies amp up conservative interest in politics. I really do believe that the kavanaugh bullshit won the GOP 2-3 governorships, 2-3 senate seats, and saved 8-10 gop house seats.

the fat orange fuck doesn’t fight fair. He knows most of this country strongly hates his guts. The formula might be some idiot clown Kanye on the stage with trump and Biden. He will probably attack Biden the whole time and conservatives will laugh at the 2 on 1 bullshit. Fat orange fuck wants a Supreme Court vacancy with a kavanaugh or Clarence Thomas like bitter nasty court fight to piss off conservatives who hate trump. That would get the base amped up.

the gop currently controls all levers of power in Georgia, Iowa, Texas, Ohio, Florida. Wisconsin and North Carolina have Democratic Governors neutered by GOP legislatures about 2 weeks before they took office.

A worst case scenario is trump uses Kanye, bitter Supreme Court battle, and voter suppression to win an election that he doesn’t deserve to win. If the election was fair and played in a straight up way, trump would lose. The fat orange fuck will do anything not to lose.

for the record, I’d still be surprised if Kanye actually runs and takes it seriously. He probably won’t even get on the ballot. why would he run for president when he can smoke pot and butt fuck Kim kardashian everyday?

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Like 1

Trump’s approval rating will be in the 30s by next month. At that point you will see Republican leaders trying to distance themselves from him just to save their own asses. There is a greater than zero chance (in the parlance of our resident ledge sitters) that he doesn’t even stand for reelection.  

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Decent twitter series of trumps strategy by David Frum and why it flys in the face of logic or past gop strategy. But this sums it up to me that is a simple reply when a trumpkin family or friend talks about statues or Seattle non police zones:

Trump is running as the challenger. The statues are all on the ground because trump did nothing. He always does/says nothing until the smoke clears. This is the action of a challenger not the incumbent. 

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

It don’t make a fuck. Trump will lose in a landslide, will still claim voter fraud anyway, then resign so Pence can pardon him.

this seems a very likely scenario, morrso than him refusing to leave. it's petulant, i could totally see him be 'fine, i quit!'

13 minutes ago, mchookem said:

this seems a very likely scenario, morrso than him refusing to leave. it's petulant, i could totally see him be 'fine, i quit!'

Absolutely. The only thing I think that keeps him from this is the prospect of being indicted on multiple state charges. He may convince himself he’s going to get away with it all. And he might be right. 

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Trump’s approval rating will be in the 30s by next month. At that point you will see Republican leaders trying to distance themselves from him just to save their own asses. 

What I've read is that if he's still fucking the goat when we get to labor day then the senate/house Republican candidates will start to bail. 

Edited by The Dog

10 minutes ago, The Dog said:

What I've read is that if he's still fucking the goat when we get to labor day then the senate/house Republican candidates will start to bail. 

after reading this a few times, i’m starting to wonder exactly what this looks like. will they try to replace him? it’ll be too late. will they not “support” him?  it’ll be too late. you can’t be a trump lackey for years then turn around and be like jk lol. 

maybe senators can start publicly taking sensible positions and hope people in their state have really short memories, but this seems unlikely. 

people are ready to pull the lever for d all the way down. a few speeches in oct isn’t gonna make them split their vote. he’s gonna drag everybody down with him.  

5 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Supreme Court vacancies during an election are rare throughout American history.

the fat orange fuck is going to try and convince either Thomas or Alito to step down. Scalia croaked in 2016 and McConnell held that vacancy open for a year, trump convinced Kennedy to retire in 2018 and the kavanaugh disaster helped the GOP avoid a wipeout in the midterms. The fat orange fuck wants 3 vacancies right before the election in a row because Supreme Court vacancies amp up conservative interest in politics. I really do believe that the kavanaugh bullshit won the GOP 2-3 governorships, 2-3 senate seats, and saved 8-10 gop house seats.

the fat orange fuck doesn’t fight fair. He knows most of this country strongly hates his guts. The formula might be some idiot clown Kanye on the stage with trump and Biden. He will probably attack Biden the whole time and conservatives will laugh at the 2 on 1 bullshit. Fat orange fuck wants a Supreme Court vacancy with a kavanaugh or Clarence Thomas like bitter nasty court fight to piss off conservatives who hate trump. That would get the base amped up.

the gop currently controls all levers of power in Georgia, Iowa, Texas, Ohio, Florida. Wisconsin and North Carolina have Democratic Governors neutered by GOP legislatures about 2 weeks before they took office.

A worst case scenario is trump uses Kanye, bitter Supreme Court battle, and voter suppression to win an election that he doesn’t deserve to win. If the election was fair and played in a straight up way, trump would lose. The fat orange fuck will do anything not to lose.

for the record, I’d still be surprised if Kanye actually runs and takes it seriously. He probably won’t even get on the ballot. why would he run for president when he can smoke pot and butt fuck Kim kardashian everyday?

Because Kim Kardashian is fucking disgusting?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Trump’s approval rating will be in the 30s by next month. At that point you will see Republican leaders trying to distance themselves from him just to save their own asses. 

If Republican leaders try to distance themselves from Trump, they'll each lose at least half of their respective voting bases. 

Trump. Is. The. GOP.  Their bed has been made. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

after reading this a few times, i’m starting to wonder exactly what this looks like. will they try to replace him? it’ll be too late. will they not “support” him?  it’ll be too late. you can’t be a trump lackey for years then turn around and be like jk lol. 

maybe senators can start publicly taking sensible positions and hope people in their state have really short memories, but this seems unlikely. 

people are ready to pull the lever for d all the way down. a few speeches in oct isn’t gonna make them split their vote. he’s gonna drag everybody down with him.  

It's more that they have to distance themselves from Trump in order to save their own re-election prospects. They aren't going to overtly support Biden - just not seek Trumps endorsement or try to distance themselves from him in any way possible. 

Of course this will be difficult for those who have supported Trump lock step through his presidency. Will be interesting to watch. 

it'll be jurisdiction by jurisdiction.  collins, gardner, murkowski won't feel pressure from leadership to just nod and go along.  you won't be able to tell a difference with cornyn.  you'll see a bit of one off opposition stuff: collins saying she'll hold up all trump's nominees in committee un;less he [random popular thing trump doesnt want to do just to show separation].

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Absolutely. The only thing I think that keeps him from this is the prospect of being indicted on multiple state charges. He may convince himself he’s going to get away with it all. And he might be right. 

I rather seriously doubt Trump thinks anyone will have the temerity to indict him.  Or that he's done anything wrong.  It's all those do nothing democrats and the fake news creating these false problems.

His constant "hoax" blathering about the Mueller investigation and impeachment isn't just a tactic.  I think it's what he really believes.

I imagine it's that way with all the legal trouble and problems he has had.  His lawyers tell him "don't do this, don't do that, or this is gonna happen," and he just ignores them and tries to bluster his way out of lawsuits until he can't anymore.

25 minutes ago, WBT said:

Y'all need to check your math.  Gen X is usually defined as 1965 - 1980...that puts most of Gen X in the +14 group and it puts the +5 group as more younger Boomer than Gen X.

Yeah, 50-64 isn’t what I think of as gen X. It’s a mix of generations but someone in their 60’s sure as shit isn’t gen X.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I imagine it's that way with all the legal trouble and problems he has had.  His lawyers tell him "don't do this, don't do that, or this is gonna happen," and he just ignores them and tries to bluster his way out of lawsuits until he can't anymore.

except he continues to get away with everything, so now he’s convinced he’s smarter than everyone. 

Edited by henrygandorf
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WBT said:

Y'all need to check your math.  Gen X is usually defined as 1965 - 1980...that puts most of Gen X in the +14 group and it puts the +5 group as more younger Boomer than Gen X.

For the most part, the 50-64 group is the only age cohort that largely benefits from the GOP’s tax cut scams. These people are in the prime earning years of their career and want Trump to slash regulations, save them every penny they can, and have Trump make them rich while they don’t care about all of Trumps behavioral problems. They also don’t care about people who are struggling to get by. It’s all about making their pocketbooks as fat as possible while not giving a fuck about anyone or anything else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

For the most part, the 50-64 group is the only age cohort that largely benefits from the GOP’s tax cut scams. These people are in the prime earning years of their career and want Trump to slash regulations, save them every penny they can, and have Trump make them rich while they don’t care about all of Trumps behavioral problems. They also don’t care about people who are struggling to get by. It’s all about making their pocketbooks as fat as possible while not giving a fuck about anyone or anything else.

I sit square in this demo except age and you’re 100 percent correct.  I still know a lot of people who will vote R because of taxes and regulation. It’s kind of nuts if they stop and look around but that is how self centered some people are.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

I sit square in this demo except age and you’re 100 percent correct.  I still know a lot of people who will vote R because of taxes and regulation. It’s kind of nuts if they stop and look around but that is how self centered some people are.

I know a few like this.

• Like 1

I hate Donald Trump and think he’s the worst thing to happen to our country since 1865, but yall are living in a fantasy if you think any of the following will happen:

Trump dropping out of the election

R’s bailing on Trump

Trump getting indicted 

Trump going quietly 

Those are all pipe dreams.

The absolute best case scenario is a curb stomping at the ballot box so overwhelming that it snuffs out any chance to contest the election and FINALLY convinces R’s to abandon Trump and convinces Trump to slink off and take over one of the right wing news networks and promote his book.  

But more likely is that Trump does absolutely everything in his power to win: introduce 3rd party candidates, foster conspiracy theories of voter fraud, welcome foreign interference, etc.  Then, when he loses, the election will be close enough for him to challenge the results.  And when the Supreme Court finally makes Biden President, Trump will not go away; he will cause as much damage as possible in preparation for running again in 2024.

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Kanye could shoot Donald Trump in the middle of 5th avenue and I'd still vote for Biden.

Kanye has already exposed himself as an ardent trump supporter. The vast majority of Americans who watch or follow the news should remember when Kanye went to the White House and said some really uninformed ass shit in front of our uninformed ass president and everyone in the room awkwardly laughed at how stupid these 2 men are. 

Many folks in the black community viewed him meeting with trump and wearing the MAGA hat as a massive sign of betrayal.

From Voldemort's link. "There is no real path forward to reelection for Trump without winning Florida."

I hadn't really thought of the map that way, so I played around with the numbers some, giving Florida to Biden. If you then give Trump Ohio, Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, North Carolina, and Pennsylvania.... Biden still wins. 

RoxAk.png

• Like 5

The point was that the two cohorts that contain gen x (older edge in the +5 and the rest in the +14) are well below the two that don't. You could infer, based completely on circumstantial evidence that it's gen x that drives the relative Trump support there as the pure mellenial/genz and boomer blocs are much more pro Biden.

Of course, it's one poll and you can't actually support that. I was just making fun of gen x bc of how much they like to circle jerk on surly.

17 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

The point was that the two cohorts that contain gen x (older edge in the +5 and the rest in the +14) are well below the two that don't. You could infer, based completely on circumstantial evidence that it's gen x that drives the relative Trump support there as the pure mellenial/genz and boomer blocs are much more pro Biden.

Of course, it's one poll and you can't actually support that. I was just making fun of gen x bc of how much they like to circle jerk on surly.

we have to circle jerk on surly because it is all we have.  we are the least important group of people on planet earth

• Like 2

Maine is a tough state to poll, but keep in mind that the Supreme Court cases pertaining to Abortion recently in which Kavanaugh voted on the wrong side can’t be a good look for Collins.

In addition, Collins is about to be hit by blue money. There’s a bank account with about 6 million filled with cash from people who were very upset that Collins voted to confirm justice Kavanaugh.

lets hope Gideon can get Collins polling numbers under water in month or two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voldemort86 said:

Maine is a tough state to poll, but keep in mind that the Supreme Court cases pertaining to Abortion recently in which Kavanaugh voted on the wrong side can’t be a good look for Collins.

In addition, Collins is about to be hit by blue money. There’s a bank account with about 6 million filled with cash from people who were very upset that Collins voted to confirm justice Kavanaugh.

lets hope Gideon can get Collins polling numbers under water in month or two.

any idea how that works out with the weird electoral vote thing ME does?

Edited by BehoId, The Underminer!

any idea how that works out with the weird electoral vote thing ME does?

It doesn't matter for a Senate race. 

ME2 was Obama +8 to the state's +16 in 2012, shifted to Trump +11 vs Clinton +3 in 2016. So it's been somewhere between R+8 and +14 relative to the statewide margin recently. If Biden won closer to what Obama win with he's got a shot at getting the ME2 electoral vote back.

Maine's ranked choice voting will be another interesting wrinkle. I have to think it helps Biden on net. Trump is either your first or last choice.

Edit: Looked it up and the 2018 election was very close in both rounds. Ranked choice gave the ME2 Democrat a 50-49 win in 2018, instead of what would've been a

5 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

See I don't get this.  I'm in my prime earning years right now, and under the current tax plan, I've gone from being pretty close to not having to write a check on tax day to $6k last year and $9k this year.  I'm trying to figure out how this isn't murdering his support.

Edited by NameAlreadyInUse

6 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

See I don't get this.  I'm in my prime earning years right now, and under the current tax plan, I've gone from being pretty close to not having to write a check on tax day to $6k last year and $9k this year.  I'm trying to figure out how this isn't murdering his support.

Are you actually paying more taxes or are your numbers for the amount withheld from your paycheck wrong? I know a lot of people got a surprise when they filed taxes thinking they were paying more when in fact they just didn't adjust their withholding to account for the new law. Lots of people needed to submit a new W4. I know my taxes went down and I actually got money back where I haven't in the past, but I also switched jobs and had to do a new W4 and the allowances were different this time.