2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

It's going to be something cop related in order to try to peel some of the black vote back (won't work), and or "crazy" related because he considers women to be hormonal and stupid.

the lincoln project ads using women to do the voiceovers is not a coincidence.

• Like 2

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/amid-challenging-landscape-trump-campaign-aims-to-expand-the-2020-electoral-map

The orange baby is digging into his war chest now. Very deep into it. He’s including Ad buys in Minnesota, New Mexico, and Nevada. The orange baby also has a Nuremberg rally scheduled in New Hampshire this weekend.

I view it as a sign of weakness. I think they’re trying to expand the map because they are doing so terribly in Michigan and Pennsylvania.

at the same time, if you read the article, it concerns me a bit that Biden hasn’t fleshed out his campaign as much as trump. Biden needs to make ad reservations for the fall soon and get people on the ground in all these swing states that everyone except Trump thinks he’s leading in.

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

the lincoln project ads using women to do the voiceovers is not a coincidence.

absolutely. that's my favorite part of these ads. the most recent one w/ the lady whispering about how he can't trust anybody, that they're laughing at him and have infiltrated his inner circle...boom. that's fantastic. 

What on Earth gives Republicans the idea they can compete in New Meico?
For a group that shames the media so much they really are lapping up their talking points.

Media likes to tease NM as competitive because Bush did well there 16-20 years ago. Even eeked it out in 04.

It isn't. Trump got 40 percent of the vote there in 2016. That's less than Hillary Clinton got in Texas. The R senate and governor campaigns in 2018 lost by 24 and 14 points, respectively, with 30 and 42 percent of the vote. It's a blue desert.
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

For a group that shames the media so much they really are lapping up their talking points.

Media likes to tease NM as competitive because Bush did well there 16-20 years ago. Even eeked it out in 04.

It isn't. Trump got 40 percent of the vote there in 2016. That's less than Hillary Clinton got in Texas. The R senate and governor campaigns in 2018 lost by 24 and 14 points, respectively, with 30 and 42 percent of the vote. It's a blue desert.

I went and looked at the state composition, and its really bad for Republicans. Republicans hold 0 federal seats from New Mexico, Democrats control the entire state executive branch, and Democrats have a supermajority in both state houses. New Mexico is a waste of money for Republicans.

It makes perfect sense why Trump is spending money there.

Edited by Calihorn

9 minutes ago, Calihorn said:

I went and looked at the state composition, and its really bad for Republicans. Republicans hold 0 federal seats from New Mexico, Democrats control the entire state executive branch, and Democrats have a supermajority in both state houses. New Mexico is a waste of money for Republicans.

It makes perfect sense why Trump is spending money there.

Do you guys really think with Nevada’s high unemployment rate and republicans chomping at the bit to end unemployment benefits by the end of July will help Trump in Nevada?  Give me a break.   He won’t come close in New Mexico, Nevada, or Minnesota.

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/amid-challenging-landscape-trump-campaign-aims-to-expand-the-2020-electoral-map

The orange baby is digging into his war chest now. Very deep into it. He’s including Ad buys in Minnesota, New Mexico, and Nevada. The orange baby also has a Nuremberg rally scheduled in New Hampshire this weekend.

I view it as a sign of weakness. I think they’re trying to expand the map because they are doing so terribly in Michigan and Pennsylvania.

at the same time, if you read the article, it concerns me a bit that Biden hasn’t fleshed out his campaign as much as trump. Biden needs to make ad reservations for the fall soon and get people on the ground in all these swing states that everyone except Trump thinks he’s leading in.

I have a friend who's a lobbyist in D.C. He told me the internal polling that Scaramucci was specifically referring to in his tweet a few days ago shows Trump down 14 in Michigan and 11 in Pennsylvania. This is RNC polling FWIW.

9 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Once again guys, Scott Rasmussen left Rasmussen Reports years ago and formed his own polling group called RMG. They're two totally diferrent polls. RMG polls don't have anywhere near the GOP bias.

https://scottrasmussen.com/president-trumps-job-approval-39/

That is the RMG approval poll. 538 doesn't have a bias score on them yet.

Do you guys really think with Nevada’s high unemployment rate and republicans chomping at the bit to end unemployment benefits by the end of July will help Trump in Nevada?  Give me a break.   He won’t come close in New Mexico, Nevada, or Minnesota.

Minnesota is another one getting a lot of competitive hype that I'm willing to call now will be a laugher. I got into it with someone on here a little while back, but the essence is that the GOP isn't competitive in Minnesota at the statewide level. Like at all. The entire reason it was close in 2016 was underperforming by Clinton. Trump barely moved from Romney's share of the vote.

Biden will roll in Minnesota regardless of how the election plays out.
This is like being up 24-0 at halftime. Might as well just run the ball in the 2nd half and play prevent until Election Day. 
Hi Tom.

14 minutes ago, The Dog said:

https://scottrasmussen.com/president-trumps-job-approval-39/

That is the RMG approval poll. 538 doesn't have a bias score on them yet.

Yeah, I noticed that, but they don't apply nearly as much adjustment as they do for RR numbers. 

538 left the RMG numbers basically as-is. For Rasmussen Reports approval polls, they usually knock 3-4 points off of approval and tack on 1-2 to disapproval.

The one Clinton state Trump might have a shot at is NH. I'm not sure what polling looks like there, it was pretty damn close in 16, and they're weird.

But like everywhere else, the environment is toxic for the GOP and a lot of 2016 can probably be explained by HRC. So probably not.

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I saw a Trump ad last night here in Dallas.  Something about how terrifying Biden's America would be. Ar first, it made me angry. Then I realized they were spending money in Texas, and it made me smile. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Horndog said:

I saw a Trump ad last night here in Dallas.  Something about how terrifying Biden's America would be. Ar first, it made me angry. Then I realized they were spending money in Texas, and it made me smile. 

Saw one online earlier that tried to tie the Defund the Police movement to Biden. Biden wisely has rejected the idea, but Trump is going to try to tie him to the far left. 

The ad will hit home with conservatives but not sure it will with moderate/swing voters. Basically someone calling 911 and told to wait 5 days. Kind of a stupid ad actually.

27 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Minnesota is another one getting a lot of competitive hype that I'm willing to call now will be a laugher. I got into it with someone on here a little while back, but the essence is that the GOP isn't competitive in Minnesota at the statewide level. Like at all. The entire reason it was close in 2016 was underperforming by Clinton. Trump barely moved from Romney's share of the vote.

Biden will roll in Minnesota regardless of how the election plays out.Hi Tom.

GOP was confident about Minnesota in 2018 and Minnesota resoundingly rejected them.

I agree with you that I think people just really hated Clinton and most people don’t feel the same way about Biden. It’s hard to hate Biden for some reason.

3 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

The orange baby is digging into his war chest now

89b1673a-d5a8-4daf-971c-057890b05ab9_tex

Honestly, this should be the next Lincoln Project ad.  Just a pic of the trump baby balloon and then this seinfeld clip.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump is done guys. It’s all over but the cryin’. And all his supporters can go straight to hell. 

WAY too long to go to be celebrating now.  Trump is an early vaccine/treatment away from new life.  We ABSOLUTELY CANNOT LET UP.  Vote vote vote.

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

This is like being up 24-0 at halftime. Might as well just run the ball in the 2nd half and play prevent until Election Day. 

Nope.  Keep scoring.  Run it up.  It’s good to keep Biden laying low.  But the aggression from everywhere else needs to be non-stop.

43 minutes ago, Pancho said:

It is NOT over until Joe Biden is announced the next POTUS at the 9:00pm update on 11/3.  

Why?  Because Russia. 

Yep, Russia. And 3rd party.  And potential Biden gaffes.  And potential voter fraud.  And potential economic or social events that benefit Trump.

12 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

WAY too long to go to be celebrating now.  Trump is an early vaccine/treatment away from new life.  We ABSOLUTELY CANNOT LET UP.  Vote vote vote.

Nope.  Keep scoring.  Run it up.  It’s good to keep Biden laying low.  But the aggression from everywhere else needs to be non-stop.

Yep, Russia. And 3rd party.  And potential Biden gaffes.  And potential voter fraud.  And potential economic or social events that benefit Trump.

Agree.

we need the political environment to stay the same for about 60 more days then it’s probably locked in against trump. 

30 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

All three statewide candidates in Minnesota received more votes in 2018 than Hilldawg did in the 2016 Presidential election. Hilldawg was historically bad.

Cracks me up now that you think about it.

on top of that, Amy Klobuchar is officially the Minnesota whisperer.  Do you think she will let her state go to a racist loser like Trump?

she delivered Minnesota to Biden in a huge way in such a short amount of time.

16 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

oh boy

I’d be more concerned if it was Ginsburg or Breyer because of age. I’d rather see this happen to Thomas or Alito tho if you want me to be 100% honest. Hopefully Roberts recovers just fine and this is a nothing burger.

4 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I’d be more concerned if it was Ginsburg or Breyer because of age. I’d rather see this happen to Thomas or Alito tho if you want me to be 100% honest. Hopefully Roberts recovers just fine and this is a nothing burger.

I give it until the end of the week before some Republican claims that Roberts needs to undergo a cognitive evaluation and until that time, those SCOTUS decisions that pissed off Republicans need to be voided.

• Haha 1

I give it until the end of the week before some Republican claims that Roberts needs to undergo a cognitive evaluation and until that time, those SCOTUS decisions that pissed off Republicans need to be voided.
GOP has to know demanding cognitive evaluations of public officials won't end well for them.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Good lord.

those people are so miserable and disgusting that your probably right.  The court case will be titled Alabama vs Roberts or Arkansas vs. Roberts 

( big apology to Bama chick, you’re a great poster, but your state has some fucked up people. It’s ok..... a Texas does too. Dan Patrick ugh)

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Calihorn said:

What on Earth gives Republicans the idea they can compete in New Meico?

We have all Dem US Senators and US reps. Governor is Dem. Mayor of ABQ (where 1/3 of the state’s population lives) is Dem. On top of that, I haven’t seen a single person in the supermarket without a mask since March - which seems like a reasonable proxy these days.

But sure, NM is in play, in the sense that nothing is impossible, I guess. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Dog said:

Saw one online earlier that tried to tie the Defund the Police movement to Biden. Biden wisely has rejected the idea, but Trump is going to try to tie him to the far left. 

The ad will hit home with conservatives but not sure it will with moderate/swing voters. Basically someone calling 911 and told to wait 5 days. Kind of a stupid ad actually.

I live in Pennsylvania and have seen that ad like 6 times today.  Just throwing his money away.

Good lord.
those people are so miserable and disgusting that your probably right.  The court case will be titled Alabama vs Roberts or Arkansas vs. Roberts 

( big apology to Bama chick, you’re a great poster, but your state has some fucked up people. It’s ok..... a Texas does too. Dan Patrick ugh)

lol It’s okay - we’ve got LOTS of fucked up people. Hell, I’m related to a few of them.

But even the bluest states have a big chunk of fucked up people. Even 32% of Californians voted for Trump.

That’s 4,483,810 people!

I don’t take it personally. I do find it a little funny when some Texans always slam places like Alabama and Georgia without acknowledging y’all’s leaders are just as fucked up as ours are.

At least our Republican Senator is Richard Shelby. He has stayed super under the radar during The Age of Trump. And WE have a Democratic Senator! Y’all got possibly the worst duo of any state lol.

I’m rooting for y’all to go blue because it gives me hope to stick around here and bring the same change to Alabama.

There’s horrible people and politicians in every state. Devin Nunes is from California! Those of us that try our best have to keep fighting to drive the assholes back underground.

Or wait for them to die.
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

lol It’s okay - we’ve got LOTS of fucked up people. Hell, I’m related to a few of them.

But even the bluest states have a big chunk of fucked up people. Even 32% of Californians voted for Trump.

That’s 4,483,810 people!

I don’t take it personally. I do find it a little funny when some Texans always slam places like Alabama and Georgia without acknowledging y’all’s leaders are just as fucked up as ours are.

At least our Republican Senator is Richard Shelby. He has stayed super under the radar during The Age of Trump. And WE have a Democratic Senator! Y’all got possibly the worst duo of any state lol.

I’m rooting for y’all to go blue because it gives me hope to stick around here and bring the same change to Alabama.

There’s horrible people and politicians in every state. Devin Nunes is from California! Those of us that try our best have to keep fighting to drive the assholes back underground.

Or wait for them to die.

Oh I totally 100% agree on pretty much everything.

we have Ken “indictment” Paxton. The man who has the power to temporarily allow vote by mail, but no! He wants to force millions of Texans to go to the polls and he doesn’t give a fuck if 1000’s of Texans get the corona virus while voting and either they die of it or they spread it to someone who dies.

we have Greg “ hot wheels” Abbott. He has a nice smile and always talks about the state of Texas like it’s the greatest place on earth. I’m not fooled by his good ole boy shtick. Unfortunately lots of people in the state are. He’s had this weird approach to COVID 19 where he’s tried to appease everyone city folks, suburban folks, country folks, and our president. He’s failed pretty miserably. He’s tried to find a middle ground and all sides are pissed off at him right now. I’d love to see him not run for re-election again. I wish we had term limits damnit.

we have Dan “potty” Patrick. As lieutenant governor, he made sure that Texas talked about nothing but bathrooms during an entire legislative session. He also said older Texans should suck it up and die so that everyone else can go out and live their lives and make money.

as for the worst senator duo comment.  I’d say it’s close, but my vote would be for Oklahoma with Iowa right behind.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2020/07/08/kanye-west-says-hes-done-with-trump-opens-up-about-white-house-bid-damaging-biden-and-everything-in-between/#3c8c291b47aa

very weird interview with Kanye here. I wish I could have the several minutes of my life back that I took to read it. It seems like Kanye really doesn’t like Joe Biden and might be doing this to try and sabotage him.

the good news is that he talked about waiting 30 days to decide and he said he supposedly has no campaign staff assembled except for musk and his wife Kim kardashian. By then, most of the deadlines would be past and he was talking about using COVID as an excuse to get on the ballot anyway, but if the Biden campaign is smart and makes states stick to the deadlines they can probably keep him off the ballot most places.

Call me racist, but I don’t see anyone who isn’t black voting for this babbling moron. Yes he’s a millionaire/ billionaire, but reading the article and his answers tells you that he’s not very intelligent. He might get some votes from young people who like his music I guess.

One thing I’m watching very closely is the Florida deadline which is about 133,000 signatures by 07/15. I think Florida is probably the only state where he could conceivably hurt Biden. 

best case scenario is that he doesn’t do shit for a month then decides he’s not going to do it. Trump wouldn’t lose any voters to him, but Biden probably would. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2020/07/08/kanye-west-says-hes-done-with-trump-opens-up-about-white-house-bid-damaging-biden-and-everything-in-between/#3c8c291b47aa

very weird interview with Kanye here. I wish I could have the several minutes of my life back that I took to read it. It seems like Kanye really doesn’t like Joe Biden and might be doing this to try and sabotage him.
the good news is that he talked about waiting 30 days to decide and he said he supposedly has no campaign staff assembled except for musk and his wife Kim kardashian. By then, most of the deadlines would be past and he was talking about using COVID as an excuse to get on the ballot anyway, but if the Biden campaign is smart and makes states stick to the deadlines they can probably keep him off the ballot most places.
Call me racist, but I don’t see anyone who isn’t black voting for this babbling moron. Yes he’s a millionaire/ billionaire, but reading the article and his answers tells you that he’s not very intelligent. He might get some votes from young people who like his music I guess.
One thing I’m watching very closely is the Florida deadline which is about 133,000 signatures by 07/15. I think Florida is probably the only state where he could conceivably hurt Biden. 

best case scenario is that he doesn’t do shit for a month then decides he’s not going to do it. Trump wouldn’t lose any voters to him, but Biden probably would. 
It's not really a race thing. Older black voters are, as a group, the staunchest Biden supporters. There would some dipshit young people of all colors that vote for him, but that number would be pretty small, as the minority of young people that participate in elections are generally smart enough not to do that. Kanye's #1 demographic are young people that spend 20hrs a week on Instagram, think Bank of America is a branch of government, and have never voted. I just don't see anything coming of this.