2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

22 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Yeah I'm not buying that first one about him losing support amongst rural voters and working class whites until I see more evidence. It's possible these could be the ones who are telling pollsters what they want to hear and will vote for Trump anyway. 

I do believe the Cook report though - at least as things stand today. Trump has yet to pivot and until he does the map will be very ugly for him.

18 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Yeah I'm not buying that first one about him losing support amongst rural voters and working class whites until I see more evidence. It's possible these could be the ones who are telling pollsters what they want to hear and will vote for Trump anyway. 

I do believe the Cook report though - at least as things stand today. Trump has yet to pivot and until he does the map will be very ugly for him.

Pivot?  Let’s hope he doesn’t pull a Zoolander. 

805DA6C2-6114-4D17-9D0E-9239497DE843.jpeg

Cook political says [vince]its over [carter]

I'd flip the categories on WI and AZ, and throw GA in the Lean R group, but otherwise looks about right. They're understating the Democratic advantage in some blue states. Colorado, Minnesota, and Virginia are not electing Donald Trump. Michigan is looking like a laugher too but I at least understand the 2016 hesitation there.

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2020/07/08/kanye-west-says-hes-done-with-trump-opens-up-about-white-house-bid-damaging-biden-and-everything-in-between/#3c8c291b47aa

very weird interview with Kanye here. I wish I could have the several minutes of my life back that I took to read it. It seems like Kanye really doesn’t like Joe Biden and might be doing this to try and sabotage him.

the good news is that he talked about waiting 30 days to decide and he said he supposedly has no campaign staff assembled except for musk and his wife Kim kardashian. By then, most of the deadlines would be past and he was talking about using COVID as an excuse to get on the ballot anyway, but if the Biden campaign is smart and makes states stick to the deadlines they can probably keep him off the ballot most places.

Call me racist, but I don’t see anyone who isn’t black voting for this babbling moron. Yes he’s a millionaire/ billionaire, but reading the article and his answers tells you that he’s not very intelligent. He might get some votes from young people who like his music I guess.

One thing I’m watching very closely is the Florida deadline which is about 133,000 signatures by 07/15. I think Florida is probably the only state where he could conceivably hurt Biden. 

best case scenario is that he doesn’t do shit for a month then decides he’s not going to do it. Trump wouldn’t lose any voters to him, but Biden probably would. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/randalllane/2020/07/08/kanye-west-says-hes-done-with-trump-opens-up-about-white-house-bid-damaging-biden-and-everything-in-between/#3c8c291b47aa

very weird interview with Kanye here. I wish I could have the several minutes of my life back that I took to read it. It seems like Kanye really doesn’t like Joe Biden and might be doing this to try and sabotage him.

the good news is that he talked about waiting 30 days to decide and he said he supposedly has no campaign staff assembled except for musk and his wife Kim kardashian. By then, most of the deadlines would be past and he was talking about using COVID as an excuse to get on the ballot anyway, but if the Biden campaign is smart and makes states stick to the deadlines they can probably keep him off the ballot most places.

Call me racist, but I don’t see anyone who isn’t black voting for this babbling moron. Yes he’s a millionaire/ billionaire, but reading the article and his answers tells you that he’s not very intelligent. He might get some votes from young people who like his music I guess.

One thing I’m watching very closely is the Florida deadline which is about 133,000 signatures by 07/15. I think Florida is probably the only state where he could conceivably hurt Biden. 

best case scenario is that he doesn’t do shit for a month then decides he’s not going to do it. Trump wouldn’t lose any voters to him, but Biden probably would. 

I'll say this to to start--Kanye is mentally ill and has been since his mom died.  (I really think she kept him sane.)

Second, my own little "conspiracy theory" about this is trump and his campaign have convinced Kanye to do this to take away support.  They need something--anything--because they know they are losing. I can buy that trump and kanye are in cahoots. 

Where this doesn't hold up (and where it probably is another stunt because kanye isn't nearly as popular as he was in the 2000s) is he has missed the deadlines in a shit ton of states to run as an independent.  That might not mean much, but it's something to think about. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I'll say this to to start--Kanye is mentally ill and has been since his mom died.  (I really think she kept him sane.)

Second, my own little "conspiracy theory" about this is trump and his campaign have convinced Kanye to do this to take away support.  They need something--anything--because they know they are losing. I can buy that trump and kanye are in cahoots. 

Where this doesn't hold up (and where it probably is another stunt because kanye isn't nearly as popular as he was in the 2000s) is he has missed the deadlines in a shit ton of states to run as an independent.  That might not mean much, but it's something to think about. 

Also, let's not forget, let's NOT forget, that these people are complete and utter fucking morons.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Hoo boy , this makes me want to be a Republican just so this can convince me to vote against my party.

I'm with you.  Using the words of Saint Ronald against a Republican is absolutely devastating.

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don't think that's much of a conspiracy theory.  I think it's highly likely that Trump put Kanye up to this.  It's so stupid and desperate--it has "Trump" written all over it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

It's also super insulting. It is obviously going to be perceived as a scam to get black votes out of the Biden column orchestrated by the right. . . . Implicit in that is the belief that black people aren't smart enough to see the obvious scam.  I think it hardens Biden support instead of draining it.

If Trump put Kanye up to this then he should have done it earlier and with enough funding/organization so that  Kanye could actually get on the ballot in most states.  This is just Kanye being Kanye - an attention seeking clown.  

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

538 released a podcast that coincided with the “The Republican Choice” article that recently came out regarding the Southern Strategy and the Republican Party turning its back to minorities. Went from having a good chunk of Black support in the first half of the 20th century then the Civil Rights movement and Nixon started the process of being unappealing. It’s 45 minutes or so if you need background noise

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/fivethirtyeight-politics/id1077418457?i=1000481957595

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

We need AT MINIMUM 77-0.

So many questions.  First it needs to be 77-0 by the end of the third right?  Also, who will be Johnny Jolly when Biden tries to hand over CA late in the game?

His college career is highlighted by what has come to be known as the "Jolly Dance", where, during the fourth quarter of a game in which his Texas A&M team was losing 77-0to Oklahoma, the Sooners were attempting to run out the clock and end the game by running dive plays over and over into the middle of the line of ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Jolly#College_career

Can’t wait.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Hoo boy , this makes me want to be a Republican just so this can convince me to vote against my party.

If only there was an apartheid South Africa for Trump to support so that he could get back into these guys' good graces.  Maybe he should have Israel invade Lebanon or something.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Cook political says [vince]its over [carter]

While this is great news obviously, we needed the cook report to drop this later. Still...... too..... many...... days...... left!

I don’t want the GOP to be able to run someone else who probably can’t win at this point, but could do damage control and possibly save McConnell’s senate majority.

these fucks need to all go down with the ship after enabling that orange retard for 4 years. They fucking deserve it.

You've got people earnestly speculating that a mentally ill musician with a history of flamboyant publicity stunts is going to run a kamikaze presidentical campaign that will pull enough votes to throw the election.

Meanwhile, a former Senator/Governor is writing absurd political fan-fiction that Biden will be forced, against his will, by a minority faction within his own party, to pick a far-left VP and Cabinet who will summarily dethrone him upon taking office, ushering in a radical progressive hellscape.

How much more apparent can the writing on the wall be that GOP talking heads think Trump 2020 is doomed and they are flailing for anything, no matter how absurd, to hold onto?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

So many questions.  First it needs to be 77-0 by the end of the third right?  Also, who will be Johnny Jolly when Biden tries to hand over CA late in the game?

His college career is highlighted by what has come to be known as the "Jolly Dance", where, during the fourth quarter of a game in which his Texas A&M team was losing 77-0to Oklahoma, the Sooners were attempting to run out the clock and end the game by running dive plays over and over into the middle of the line of ...

Can’t wait.  

I'm thinking one of the Fox News hosts like Brit Hume saying that Michigan still too close to call with multiple precincts left despite Joe being up 10%

29 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Can’t wait.  

some gop mouthpiece on fox news will spike the ball when trump wins orange county. that’s your jolly moment. 

Guest Lobo

I was today years old when after studying political science at a top-tier university, I finally became aware that a prominent campaign strategy by an INCUMBENT, was to haul historical statues around the nation (physically haul them, mind you) and give speeches at/near them to gathered crowds.  

Allan Iverson gif, "Statues, man.  We talking about Statues!"  

I did not see this coming.  Statues.  The Orange Man's skin forecasted all of this.  We are truly living in the Bronze(r) Age.  

I know this is very QAnon of me, but the more that the Trump campaign focuses on statues, the more I am convinced that the random, failed attempt to pull down the Andrew Jackson statue in Lafayette park was an organized event by the White House.  That whole thing felt off from the moment it went down.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

He won't be getting on the majority of the ballots or any and who's going to fund his campaign?  It's all for attention.

What a garbage push poll. Check out some of the questions:

“Do you think Joe Biden is experiencing some form of cognitive decline, such as the early stages of dementia?

“Has Joe Biden been sufficiently critical of the violent rioting?”

"Do you agree with the New York Times that Mount Rushmore is a racist monument?"

Poll was conducted by The Democracy Institute, a libertarian think tank made up of right-wing Brits and Canucks. This is an actual quote from the pollster:

Patrick Basham, the director of the Democracy Institute, said: “Between now and Election Day, the factor that will most influence the final outcome will be the debates between President Trump and his Democratic opponent. Should Biden regain some of his past skill at coasting through such encounters with moderate, platitudinous comments delivered with a smile, a little humour, and an Everyman demeanour, he will retain a good chance of enjoying a very competitive election.

“But, should Biden have even one ‘senior moment’ during which he forgets what he’s saying, or where he is, or the question posed to him, his chances of beating Trump will be somewhere between slim and none."

Edited by Storm the Field

21 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i've never heard of this so called "princeton" before so i can't speak to their methods, but they predict absolute bloodshed.

https://election.princeton.edu/

Bloodshed would be the best thing for the Republican party, actually.  They could go back to normal and pretend like this never happened.  A narrow loss gives the Trumpkins power.

37 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i've never heard of this so called "princeton" before so i can't speak to their methods, but they predict absolute bloodshed.

https://election.princeton.edu/

2020-princeton-election-consortium.png

thumb_dem_senate_seats.png

image.thumb.png.1b74da40c8c09836e42ae95d8c12a149.png

The map where Trump out performs polling by 3% is also pretty bad for him - and I think this is currently the most likely map.

Edited by The Dog
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 4:33 PM, Storm the Field said:

Hill/HarrisX is such a turd. Online only. 

Over the past month they've shown 43/39, 47/37, 42/41.

Here are some of their utterly inexplicable numbers for Biden this week. Compare to any other poll and try not to laugh.

Black 67%

Democrats 78%

College Degree+ 45%

Welp, give em points for being consistent in their shittiness.

If you drill down on their numbers, they're just as screwy as always. Not credible margins for Biden among key voting blocks (Blacks, College Grads). Biden only getting 39% to Trump's 37% in the Northeast!!! 10% of Dems voting for Trump, while 9% are voting third-party or haven't decided!

4 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Welp, give em points for being consistent in their shittiness.

If you drill down on their numbers, they're just as screwy as always. Not credible margins for Biden among key voting blocks (Blacks, College Grads). Biden only getting 39% to Trump's 37% in the Northeast!!! 10% of Dems voting for Trump, while 9% are voting third-party or haven't decided!

One thing worth noting is that while their Biden number appears to be far lower than everyone else's their Trump number(s) are in line with what other pollsters are reporting. It's not like Trump is doing better in an absolute sense in this poll - just better relative to Biden who for some reason is getting much less support in this poll than in almost every other poll. 

9 minutes ago, The Dog said:

One thing worth noting is that while their Biden number appears to be far lower than everyone else's their Trump number(s) are in line with what other pollsters are reporting. It's not like Trump is doing better in an absolute sense in this poll - just better relative to Biden who for some reason is getting much less support in this poll than in almost every other poll. 

That's an excellent point.