2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

22 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Minnesota is another one getting a lot of competitive hype that I'm willing to call now will be a laugher. I got into it with someone on here a little while back, but the essence is that the GOP isn't competitive in Minnesota at the statewide level. Like at all. The entire reason it was close in 2016 was underperforming by Clinton. Trump barely moved from Romney's share of the vote.

Biden will roll in Minnesota regardless of how the election plays out.Hi Tom.

Those pimping Minnesota as competitive are the same people that don't realize that the tax money goes out of the Twin Cities, not into it. 

They've controlled chambers of the Legislature on and off since then, but the last statewide Republican win in Minnesota was 2006. Tim Pawlenty needed A) a liberal third-party candidate on the ballot drawing off 10-12% of the DFL vote, and B) a colossal brain fart by the DFL lieutenant governor candidate 2 days before the election to win. The last statewide Republican win with more than 50% of the vote was in 1994.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Dog said:

One thing worth noting is that while their Biden number appears to be far lower than everyone else's their Trump number(s) are in line with what other pollsters are reporting. It's not like Trump is doing better in an absolute sense in this poll - just better relative to Biden who for some reason is getting much less support in this poll than in almost every other poll. 

I think b/c it's a purely online poll, they don't push leaners and probably also get respondents skipping certain questions. Might explain why they consistently show 18-20% as undecided/not voting/other.

You tend to see the same thing with Reuters/Ipsos, which is also online. Their RV totals always add up to anywhere from 80-85%. Biden's number is the one that jumps around between 43 and 48 while Trump rarely budges from 37 or 38.

Edited by Storm the Field

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i've never heard of this so called "princeton" before so i can't speak to their methods, but they predict absolute bloodshed.

https://election.princeton.edu/

2020-princeton-election-consortium.png

thumb_dem_senate_seats.png

Trump ain’t winning NH. I also would be very surprised to see texas flip but yeah, that map looks pretty simalilar to what I imagine probably happens. 

Occasional reminder that this ain't 2016.

RCP 2-Way Race 7/8/16

Clinton +4.7 (45.6/40.9).

RCP 2-Way Race 7/8/20

Biden +8.7 (49.6/40.9)

Trump actually pulled ahead for about a week late in July and Clinton's margin averaged about 4.5 through late summer and fall, dropping down to just 1.5 the weekend before the election. 

Between February and November of 2016, Trump held a lead in 25 polls. So far from February to today, Trump has lead 1 single poll, back on February 20th.

Trump's smallest deficit at ANY point in the 2020 race so far has been 4.3, and that was on the final weekend of February, right before everything went to shit.

20 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I don’t take it personally. I do find it a little funny when some Texans always slam places like Alabama and Georgia without acknowledging y’all’s leaders are just as fucked up as ours are.

At least our Republican Senator is Richard Shelby. He has stayed super under the radar during The Age of Trump. And WE have a Democratic Senator! Y’all got possibly the worst duo of any state lol.

Kentucky?

The November election date is set by federal statute. Don't think it's going to change unless things get really bad. And I don't understand your second question. How is the news acting about the election?

Edited by Bookman

4 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i've never heard of this so called "princeton" before so i can't speak to their methods, but they predict absolute bloodshed.

https://election.princeton.edu/

2020-princeton-election-consortium.png

thumb_dem_senate_seats.png

If Texas goes blue,and I think there’s a good chance we do, Iowa and mizzou do as well. And maybe Arkansas. Hell Arkansas is within MOE now

27 minutes ago, gmr548 said:
37 minutes ago, TexasEd said:
Kentucky?

Yeah I have to say I hate our senators but they're worse. What's sad is that our two basically aspire to be those two.

I don’t hate Rand Paul nearly as much as the other 3.

i’m a big believer in legal marijuana so I tend to like republicans who support it because they are so rare.  I know Rand Paul would vote yes on it. People try to slip legal weed things into bills that pass the senate all the time, but McConnell always pulls them out. I know cornyn is a lackey of private prisons and the police force so he would be worse on the issue than McConnell. I think Cruz would think about voting for it actually. He didn’t seem too opposed to it in the debates I’ve seen. I still hate Cruz’s guts tho.

20 minutes ago, Bookman said:

The November election date is set by federal statute. Don't think it's going to change unless things get really bad. And I don't understand your second question. How is the news acting about the election?

I'm talking about the the news in regard to Covid. If the federal statute said the election was today would the actions by politicians and the news reporting be the same?

59 minutes ago, maninblack said:

What is the minimum standard for the virus to disappear to hold elections in November? If the election was scheduled for today would politicians and the news be acting the same way about it?

Oh I don't know. Maybe not pretending that the CDC isn't a good source of information, or y'know ACTUALLY GIVING A SHIT about people dying for no good reason might help Trump. But, since he doesn't give a big rat's ass about anyone besides himself that's not going to be an issue. 

In case you are wondering he doesn't give a damn about you either. 

So fuck off 

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Oh I don't know. Maybe not pretending that the CDC isn't a good source of information, or y'know ACTUALLY GIVING A SHIT about people dying for no good reason might help Trump. But, since he doesn't give a big rat's ass about anyone besides himself that's not going to be an issue. 

In case you are wondering he doesn't give a damn about you either. 

So fuck off 

If the CDC says crowds the size expected during a normal election aren't safe you're in favor of postponing the election. Thanks for answering.

5 minutes ago, maninblack said:

Yet more BS

The CDC has said no such thing. They might be willing to advise mail in voting. Get a link from them pertaining to this and I'll carry on. Otherwise it's a waste of time. 

There are reasons why your questions don't get many replies. Part of it is that a good many probably have you on ignore. Then there's the shitty nature of the questions so far. You don't want to know about setting records for cases? You don't want to know that the labs are behind because they can't get reagents?

Nah, it's all good. You keep on believing that the press is the enemy of the state. 

• Like 2

If they try to postpone the election then the recent protests will look like a fucking cocktail party compared to what happens in this country. 

If they think it’s safe to go to school then they must think it’s safe to vote. 

Just now, 4th&Five said:

If they try to postpone the election then the recent protests will look like a fucking cocktail party compared to what happens in this country. 

If they think it’s safe to go to school then they must think it’s safe to vote. 

Statistically, it's safe to pretty much do everything. That hasn't stopped the hysteria. 

@maninblack I'm struggling to see your point. Are you arguing that because there will be an election in spite of COVID, that the response to it when it comes to other things is overblown?

As for the thread in general, I am curious about the NH lean red thing now. There hasn't been much polling but Biden does lead the RCP average of this year's polls by 4. I'm not saying it can't be close or even flip, there's definitely not enough to say it can't, just wondering where the data on the R lean is coming from.

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

@maninblack I'm struggling to see your point. Are you arguing that because there will be an election in spite of COVID, that the response to it when it comes to other things is overblown?

As for the thread in general, I am curious about the NH lean red thing now. There hasn't been much polling but Biden does lead the RCP average of this year's polls by 4. I'm not saying it can't be close or even flip, there's definitely not enough to say it can't, just wondering where the data on the R lean is coming from.

Maybe I should have put the question in the Covid thread but I was thinking about the response across the country and how it might be different from an action/messaging standpoint if the election was soon. Personally, I think it'd be wildly different if the election was near. 

Edited by maninblack

Maybe I should have put the question in the Covid thread but I was thinking about the response across the country and how it might be different from an action/messaging standpoint if the election was soon. Personally, I think it'd be wildly different if the election was near. 

The messaging would (and will) be as follows: The election should not be postponed but mail-in voting needs to be a viable option.

There, I cracked your riddle.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The messaging would (and will) be as follows: The election should not be postponed but mail-in voting needs to be a viable option.

there, I cracked your riddle.

I would love to see a mail in Presidential election. Fucking high comedy

Kentucky?

Ohhhh man, that is truly a tough one.

McConnell is DEFINITELY the most evil, so that does give Kentucky the edge.

And Rand Paul is equal parts poodle, Ayn Rand fanboy, and disingenuous taint.

But Ted Cruz is the literal, legitimate WORST and John Cornyn is such a desperate wannabe sucking up to Trump just to try and get noticed by him.

IDK, they are all four absolutely horrible in their own unique ways. I think it’s a tie.

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Montana and Utah could also go blue if we’re really looking at Biden up +10 nationally come election time.  

Trumps EC votes could wind up being SEC minus Florida plus a more like Idaho and Alaska. People I know who ordinarily would hold their noses and vote trump are having loved ones getting very sick from covid and they are terrified and furious. You could see a blue tsunami 

29 minutes ago, maninblack said:

FIFY. Also, you seem sensitive.

I'll leave this one. 

Sensitive. Is this supposed to be a dig at me?

Ok. Well dammit you got me. I actually do give a damn about people other than myself. Guilty as charged. 

So what? 

If you seared off your conscience I can't paste anything on it. It is up to you to find out what happened to your humanity. 

31 minutes ago, maninblack said:

CDC has already put out recommendations for Elections.  Here's part of their operational recommendations:

• Where available in your jurisdiction, offer alternative voting methods that minimize direct contact and reduce crowd size at polling locations
    • Consider offering alternatives to in-person voting if allowed in the jurisdiction.
    • Offer early voting or extended hours, where voter crowds may be smaller throughout the day.
    • Consider drive-up voting for eligible voters if allowed in the jurisdiction.
    • Encourage voters planning to vote in-person on election day to arrive at off-peak times. For example, if voter crowds are lighter mid-morning, advertise that in advance to the community

So they're pretty much encouraging vote by mail, drive thru mail, early voting, extended hours..... almost anything which would allow less crowds.  I guess it's up to each voter to understand why some states will act on these recommendations and some won't.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I'll leave this one. 

Sensitive. Is this supposed to be a dig at me?

Ok. Well dammit you got me. I actually do give a damn about people other than myself. Guilty as charged. 

So what? 

If you seared off your conscience I can't paste anything on it. It is up to you to find out what happened to your humanity. 

It means you weren't capable of dialogue without trying to insult the me. 

2 minutes ago, maninblack said:

It means you weren't capable of dialogue without trying to insult the me. 

Capable of dialogue without insulting you? I guess you're out of shape for CR. That's a fucking prerequisite here. I haven't gotten this far by leaving BS unanswered. The next time you ask a valid question will be the first in a month of Sundays. 

The only discernable reason I have chosen to engage you is boredom. And it's becoming tiresome. I asked for a link and that was an option for you. But, in the absence of a reply to it, someone else stepped up. 

So, I can figure your questions don't amount to a hill of beans. You turn up occasionally and try to start a fight. It's kinda pathetic. You don't really want answers to your questions. You're happy to throw out some BS and see who reacts. 

And with that I'm done with it. 

Fuck off. 

cant wait to post a bunch of BS things like this and claim “tHis iS WhY bIDEn won”.  Like the deplorables did for months after Trump won, before they got so embarrassed by that fuckwad  moron Trump,  that they slunk off to the DT. 

are we really debating the safety of in-person elections? dems will crawl through flesh-eating virus infested zombie corpses to vote trump out of office. 

of course being the party of science and logic, most will vote through mail if available, which it largely is/will be in nov.

if the election was today, there already would’ve been measures in place to vote via mail, and you would’ve heard about them about 25,000x over the past 6 weeks. 

is there anything else?

538’s generic ballot has Dems up 9%. At this point in 2018, it was Dems up 7.5%.  A few months ago, most were thinking that Dems could at best lose a couple of House seats given that they performed so well in 2018, had few opportunities to gain, and had vulnerable races. Hell now they may pick up seats they lose by a couple of percentages in 2018. The only GOP left will be ones from the reddest Of red districts.

But what I found was underneath that surface level eye-rolling at Trump and hat-tipping to the record on judges was an emotional alliance with the president that is deeper than they might let on in mixed company. A compartmentalization of the badness of the orange man, set aside in favor of a deep and visceral hatred of the president’s enemies.

----

They are mad at the Lincoln Project for attacking innocent GOP Senators (“There’s no coming back for these Lincoln Project motherfuckers, it doesn’t matter what next. They are madder at those people than [at] Trump for sure”).

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-reelection-chances-2020-house-senate-candidates-biden-1024862/

and the tweet that put it on the feed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Nov 3rd 2020, the night that all the DT pussies slither back into the CR, no longer having to attempt to defend Trumps daily insidious stupidity.

oh god...are we going to have to start talking about how the deficiet/debt is a national crisis again on here?

....and how it is all the Dems fault?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I don't get this either.  NH has gone red one time since 1992 and that was in 2000.  It was close in 2016, but I can't imagine things have gone so well under dotard that New Hampshirites are going to flip. 

I had the displeasure of seeing Eric "The Dumb One" Trump on Fox and Friends this morning. Literally said Joe Biden has not stepped foot outside of his house in 4 months, is totally incapable of answering unscripted questions, can't form a cohesive thought, and "does not have the aptitude to debate my father."

I do appreciate them setting the bar essentially on the floor for Biden. Not particularly to hard to clear considering he just finished a perfectly normal 30 minute speech at a factory in PA. 

That's a big fucking basement he's hiding in.

EcgRqM1X0AEBW7b?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

I had the displeasure of seeing Eric "The Dumb One" Trump on Fox and Friends this morning. Literally said Joe Biden has not stepped foot outside of his house in 4 months, is totally incapable of answering unscripted questions, can't form a cohesive thought, and "does not have the aptitude to debate my father."

I do appreciate them setting the bar essentially on the floor for Biden. Not particularly to hard to clear considering he just finished a perfectly normal 30 minute speech at a factory in PA. 

That's a big fucking basement he's hiding in.

EcgRqM1X0AEBW7b?format=jpg&name=large

The Trump campaign is so screwed. They are pinning all of their energy on Biden being senile and Biden being a left-wing nut job. If debates happen, it will become very clear that Biden is neither. I guess they don't have anything else to use. Other than racism, which won't get him to 270.