2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

And that's why the Dems need to be in full "send lawyers, guns, and money" mode.  We need to have emergency TROs ready to go to enjoin all of the regime's planned voter intimidation and interference activities from now till election day.

Pos Rep for the Warren Zevon call out.   I was hiding in Honduras,  I‘m a desperate man.  Send lawyers, guns and money.  The shit has hit the fan.  Describes many of us in our country right now to a tee.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Pos Rep for the Warren Zevon call out.   I was hiding in Honduras,  I‘m a desperate man.  Send lawyers, guns and money.  The shit has hit the fan.  Describes many of us in our country right now to a tee.

I mean, how was I to know she was with the Russians too?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Obama both won Florida and Ohio twice.  Those are still swing states, and they’re not going to swing for the guy down 9 points nationally.

Trump never reset the map to begin with - Hillary Clinton was actually that unpopular. Compare Bernie Sanders vs. Hillary to Bernie vs. Biden in the primaries.  Hillary lost Michigan to Bernie, and Biden won every single county.  

Now you account for Trump bungling the worst catastrophe in 100 years, the whole country going to shit in a dozen different ways, and Florida being the land of the olds he’s tried to sacrifice, and of course he’s a huge underdog.   Florida should actually be the number one priority for the Democrats in the entire election.

I'm pretty confident that the 2020 election is either going to teach us that polling can no longer be relied on, or that Hillary was one of the worst candidates in history. I'm no sure which one, but it's one of those two.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'm pretty confident that the 2020 election is either going to teach us that polling can no longer be relied on, or that Hillary was one of the worst candidates in history. I'm no sure which one, but it's one of those two.

Hillary was the only candidate who could have lost to trump. The Democratic Party was broke, thanks to Hillary, because it was HER TURN and set sail on the kamikaze mission that led to her nomination that led directly led to trump.

IM WITH HER. Most tone deaf slogan in history. Trump countered with I’m with you. And the rest as they say, is history.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Stronger Together was Hillary’s main slogan and she got more votes than any white man in US history.  

Well if it that was her slogan they did a shit job conveying it.

I don’t care how many votes she got in history. She wound up losing, legitimately or not. Population does increase every 4 years.

“I’m with her” was all I ever heard. And since I was supporting Bernie at the time because I knew he had a better chance of beating trump, I was paying attention in 2016. That’s the slogan I heard constantly. 

I realize you support Hillary though no matter what. Why that is I don’t really know. 

Re-litigate 2016 derail:

Hillary was not a good candidate but I believe it’s absurd to put the fuck up of 2016 all on her.  We just had eight years of a Black man as President and the Republicans running on pure racism the entire time. The cycle put the democrats at a disadvantage right off the bat.  Then you had the cheating, Trump very openly working with the Kremlin throughout the campaign, Russia pulling off stupid Watergate with the emails, and Comey shitting all over Hillary twice.  

Yeah Hillary was a bad candidate but she also got fucked over worse than any candidate I’ve seen in my lifetime.  IMO her only unforced error was picking Tim Kaine. 

/derail

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Re-litigate 2016 derail:

Hillary was not a good candidate but I believe it’s absurd to put the fuck up of 2016 all on her.  We just had eight years of a Black man as President and the Republicans running on pure racism the entire time. The cycle put the democrats at a disadvantage right off the bat.  Then you had the cheating, Trump very openly working with the Kremlin throughout the campaign, Russia pulling off stupid Watergate with the emails, and Comey shitting all over Hillary twice.  

Yeah Hillary was a bad candidate but she also got fucked over worse than any candidate I’ve seen in my lifetime.  IMO her only unforced error was picking Tim Kaine. 

/derail

Like Forrest Gump said, maybe both of them are happening at the same time 

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Like Forrest Gump said, maybe both of them are happening at the same time 

Imagine an alternative universe where President Bernie Sanders is running for re-election right now.  He accomplished jack shit because McConnell killed everything and the GOP owns both houses. We’d just be looking at Trump or worse getting elected in 2020.  A Trump style Presidency was where the Republicans Party was headed regardless of Hillary or anything the democrats did.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Re-litigate 2016 derail:

/derail

It’s still a big if, but if we win in November, I’d go as far as to say the loss in 2016 was worth it.

The GOP would’ve have destroyed us in the 2018 midterms with Clinton as president. McConnell might have almost 60 senate seats. Instead, we might have the senate early next year.

at the time, the Syrian refugee crisis was a big deal and my opinion was that it wasn’t our problem. There are tons of other countries who are geographically closer to Syria who could and should help them out instead of us. I agreed with trump in keeping the Syrians out. 

I also don’t like open borders. I know trumps a racist, but he brought attention to the whole illegal immigrant problem. I’m hoping the Democrats do enough on border security when they get power again.

however, this country can’t sustain 4 more years of trump. He would presumably get 5 or 6 Supreme Court justices to his name by the time his term is over. Racism would be much worse. There would be lots of mistrust for your fellow American. It would definitely be a dark time.

Edited by Voldemort86

9 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

It’s still a big if, but if we win in November, I’d go as far as to say the loss in 2016 was worth it.

The GOP would’ve have destroyed us in the 2018 midterms with Clinton as president. McConnell might have almost 60 senate seats. Instead, we might have the senate early next year.

at the time, the Syrian refugee crisis was a big deal and my opinion was that it wasn’t our problem. There are tons of other countries who are geographically closer to Syria who could and should help them out instead of us. I agreed with trump in keeping the Syrians out. 

I also don’t like open borders. I know trumps a racist, but he brought attention to the whole illegal immigrant problem. I’m hoping the Democrats do enough on border security when they get power again.

however, this country can’t sustain 4 more years of trump. He would presumably get 5 or 6 Supreme Court justices to his name by the time his term is over. Racism would be much worse. There would be lots of mistrust for your fellow American. It would definitely be a dark time.

Username checks out. I have a hard time imagining things being any darker with pretty much any other possible president. In this scenario, the pandemic would have been at least marginally addressed.

25 minutes ago, Mole said:

Username checks out. I have a hard time imagining things being any darker with pretty much any other possible president. In this scenario, the pandemic would have been at least marginally addressed.

Is Clinton doing a better job with handling the pandemic worth the trade off of everything I listed above and below?

it bears repeating that the Democratic Party would be at an all time low point after 2020 if Clinton was in office right now. She would lose this fall because the GOP would be successfully blaming her for the pandemic,  the gop would have a huge house majority, and they might even have a super majority in the senate (60+) seats. This election also hits right before redistricting, if you think we got screwed badly after 2010 ( we did) this would’ve been much worse. We would be looking at the gop controlling probably 40 state legislatures and drawing maps all over the country. We would also have a 7-2 Supreme Court disadvantage before the incoming GOP president either loses or is term limited.

The GOP would then proceed to cram a hyper conservative right wing heritage foundation sponsored agenda down everyone’s fucking throats. They would use their overwhelming power of legislative seats, state seats, Supreme Court seats, and the office of the president to damage our electoral process as much as possible so we can’t vote them out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

I’d go as far as to say the loss in 2016 was worth it.

Nope. If we're going to burn it down, let's do it with a Bernie or a Ralph Nader.

Nothing is worth this hatred and divisiveness. 

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Re-litigate 2016 derail:

/derail

Robbie Mook kinda sucked as well.

11 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Re-litigate 2016 derail:

/derail

Her ground game in the Northern battleground states was awful and her message as a corporatist Dem was pretty.... shallow.  Kaine didn't really do much to help her but as most data supports, he probably didn't hurt her either.  He was sort of a strange pick in that he wasn't positioned to help her with any demographic or region.  The real issue was the Hillary was a terribly unlikeable candidate with a large portion of the electorate.  She was always fighting her approvals or own likeability measures.  At the end of the day, she was a poor candidate who ran a poor, but not terrible, campaign who could never get over her own built in perceptions of voters.  *shrugs.  It's hard to lose to the worst Presidential candidate in probably history and say, but I was fine..... And yes, Comey's idiocy probably handed some of the undecideds to Trump to give him the thin margin he needed to backdoor into office.

• Like 2

Is Clinton doing a better job with handling the pandemic worth the trade off of everything I listed above and below?

it bears repeating that the Democratic Party would be at an all time low point after 2020 if Clinton was in office right now. She would lose this fall because the GOP would be successfully blaming her for the pandemic,  the gop would have a huge house majority, and they might even have a super majority in the senate (60+) seats. This election also hits right before redistricting, if you think we got screwed badly after 2010 ( we did) this would’ve been much worse. We would be looking at the gop controlling probably 40 state legislatures and drawing maps all over the country. We would also have a 7-2 Supreme Court disadvantage before the incoming GOP president either loses or is term limited.

The GOP would then proceed to cram a hyper conservative right wing heritage foundation sponsored agenda down everyone’s fucking throats. They would use their overwhelming power of legislative seats, state seats, Supreme Court seats, and the office of the president to damage our electoral process as much as possible so we can’t vote them out. 

And Trump has branded the GOP forever as the racist, nativist, homophobic, anti-science shit hole it has become.

The anti-GOP hate I see in younger and black and Hispanic voters is going to be a thing for a long, long, time
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

The more y’all back up to get some perspective and realize that 2016 presented is with - long-term - the choice between a Cat 5 shitstorm....and a Cat 5 shitstorm....the more you realize that the problem wasn’t and isn’t Trump or Clinton. It’s that each candidate offered us an ultra shitty path, and it’s because of what we’ve become as a society.

Don’t get me wrong...I think that the GOP has become a truly evil, criminal, and anti-American organization. But 2016 also highlighted the worst of the Dems - they weren’t the hero come to save us; they chose to take incompetence and tone deafness to new heights.

It’s one reason I’m pleased to see a new generation of voices in the party - taking a cue from certain older ones, like Bernie - have real influence.

When facing a criminal enterprise, you need to be able to fight back with actual passion and ideas that are aimed at serving we the people.

Will it all turn out ok? No, I don’t think so, and never have. Because I’ve always seen 2016 as a symptom of a serious, fatal disease...and the disease is us. We’re selfish, cruel, and stupid. Or at least, enough of us are that it will kill the body. But if we’re to have any chance, it requires doing all we can, for the next decade or more, to kill this iteration of the GOP. It is the visible tumor manifested by the worst of our cancers within. And, we’ll need to actually build a Dem party that’s capable of the brutal oncology work, and difficult rehab, that must come.

• Hook 'Em 3

If we're rehashing 2016, let's be real. The Democratic party fucked up by rigging the primary to ensure Hilary was the candidate. I have no idea why they did that, but they did. When your candidate is not even the popular choice among your own party, you are not going to win the general election.

32 minutes ago, Llogg said:

If we're rehashing 2016, let's be real. The Democratic party fucked up by rigging the primary to ensure Hilary was the candidate. I have no idea why they did that, but they did. When your candidate is not even the popular choice among your own party, you are not going to win the general election.

They did it because the dems were broke. The dems were broke because the Clintons had sucked up all the money. They sucked up all the money because it was HER TURN. 

It’s hilarious to me when Hillary supporters I know blame Bernie for her loss. Such a pile of horseshit.

It’s similar to the tea party fucks who try to claim it formed in response to massive debt from TARP. Lol, the tea party formed because a black dem became the president. 

Edited by JimmyJames

2016 was bad and 2020 is similar. It’s amazing this is the dogshit we get to choose from. Each side of idiot masses will dig in behind their shitty candidate and claim some sort of superiority over the other.  At this point the only qualification needed is breathing and old Joe might test that one.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Are we seriously doing “THEY’RE THE SAME!!!!!” in 2020? Really?

I was about to say, “Who were the shitty candidates that allowed Hitler and Mussolini to get elected?!? Because they could have been just as bad, if not worse! Muhaha, I am very intelligent!”

2 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

2016 was bad and 2020 is similar. It’s amazing this is the dogshit we get to choose from. Each side of idiot masses will dig in behind their shitty candidate and claim some sort of superiority over the other.  At this point the only qualification needed is breathing and old Joe might test that one.

Yeah have a look at Twitter and read statements from our current president. This is not a both sides situation. We have not had a president as destructive to our country in maybe our entire history. I think Joe would be a bette president even if he wasn’t breathing, hell every single candidate that ran in both primaries would be better, even if they weren’t breathing. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Should we start preparing for Trump to rise in the polls a bit?

the past week or so he has changed his rhetoric on coronavirus. He just reads statements prepared for him and gets out fast during the briefings. 

ive also heard some details of the coronavirus relief package. Supposedly everyone who got a $1200 check last time will get one this time. Trump has also promised unemployment aid will be extended through the end of December, but I’m still waiting to see how much republicans reduce it by.

Trump has also “ given in” on some school districts not having to re-open IMMEDIATELY as he has been screaming for weeks.

all in all, he’s starting to take his job a little more seriously. If you ask me and roughly 145,000 dead people, it’s too little to late, but I don’t have much faith in the overall intelligence of the American electorate. Trump is changing his behavior because of the polling, not because he cares. I fear that some right leaning voters will shrug their shoulders and say “HES TURNED IT AROUND......IM VOTING FOR HIM NOW”. 

I don’t think this is enough to get him within the margin of error with Biden, but it could give trump a few points.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 1

I think you will start seeing a change to his approval rating, but not much movement in a head to head with Biden.

And that marginal improvement may come at the expense of cooling enthusiasm with his base, many of whom think Covid is just hype.

Sooner or later (probably sooner), he’s going to get frustrated and break free from his new campaign manager’s leash and return to his old message.

10 minutes ago, Tuco said:

Sooner or later (probably sooner), he’s going to get frustrated and break free from his new campaign manager’s leash and return to his old message.

A day or two after his first "the president cares about the pandemic now!" briefing, he said "testing is overrated". 

• Haha 1

I was about to say, “Who were the shitty candidates that allowed Hitler and Mussolini to get elected?!? Because they could have been just as bad, if not worse! Muhaha, I am very intelligent!”

It cracks me up that you jumped on the "I hate centrist shitlibs" bandwagon but continue to defend quite possibly the shittiest shitlib centrist to ever shitlib. When Biden wins by 10+% by sitting around doing nothing, I hope you don't have a breakdown.

10 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

the past week or so he has changed his rhetoric on coronavirus. He just reads statements prepared for him and gets out fast during the briefings. 

ive also heard some details of the coronavirus relief package. Supposedly everyone who got a $1200 check last time will get one this time. Trump has also promised unemployment aid will be extended through the end of December, but I’m still waiting to see how much republicans reduce it by.

Trump has also “ given in” on some school districts not having to re-open IMMEDIATELY as he has been screaming for weeks.

all in all, he’s starting to take his job a little more seriously. If you ask me and roughly 145,000 dead people, it’s too little to late, but I don’t have much faith in the overall intelligence of the American electorate. Trump is changing his behavior because of the polling, not because he cares. I fear that some right leaning voters will shrug their shoulders and say “HES TURNED IT AROUND......IM VOTING FOR HIM NOW”. 

I don’t think this is enough to get him within the margin of error with Biden, but it could give trump a few points.

What the fuck are you talking about? He didn’t make it 36 hours before he person, woman, man, camera, tv. 

The GOP still can’t agree to what their opening offer is in the 4th Covid Stimulus, and the CDC just changed their mind and told America that all is well, nothing to see here on school openings.  

He had 1 not bad day this week.  That’s it.  Sure, there will be some regression to the mean at some point, but it’s not because he’s presidenting better.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Yeah have a look at Twitter and read statements from our current president. This is not a both sides situation. We have not had a president as destructive to our country in maybe our entire history. I think Joe would be a bette president even if he wasn’t breathing, hell every single candidate that ran in both primaries would be better, even if they weren’t breathing. 

Nobody is disagreeing with that, that doesn’t make Joe a good choice though. Better than Trump is a pretty low bar. Hope like hell people vote early, my fear is he won’t come off well in a debate.

Getting Trump out is the obvious goal and I get that but then what? Joe isn’t a problem solver, he’s never been the answer to anything in his life. 

Nobody is disagreeing with that, that doesn’t make Joe a good choice though. Better than Trump is a pretty low bar. Hope like hell people vote early, my fear is he won’t come off well in a debate.

Getting Trump out is the obvious goal and I get that but then what? Joe isn’t a problem solver, he’s never been the answer to anything in his life. 

He seemed to answer fairly well against a stacked primary field who were all gunning for him and him alone.

• Like 1

Trump will buckle down and attempt to do Presidentin' for the next four weeks (that's two fortnights for you Trump English majors).  He will then shift back to debasing the nation to appease his base around what would have been Convention time (remember, that was also supposed to be a time for some folks in high profile Senate races to get some love from the party as well).  That will take us, and his message, into another Covid-19 surge as some schools open/Labor Day/people just spending more time inside with other people as a matter of course/etc.  Shit will look bad again in September which is when he'll reveal his real plan to fix all this if only we re-elect him and continue to fight for him and our country heading into the Winter.  The real October Surprise this time around is that there won't be one.  

No big reveal on tax returns, no Obamagate evidence, no more bombshells on Russia, no connection to Epstein's pedo ring, no more talk of who's more cognitively there, none of that shit will be the big disruptor that both sides are hoping for.  October is simply the two of them traversing the country with the incredible over-simplified decision of "Stand with me and I'll get us out of this mess and avoid turning into Biden's America...I have a plan now.  I should have had one before, but this time I really do have one.  Vote for me Tuesday, I produce the plan on Wednesday."  And the other guy's message is, "We're already fucked.  I have some plans, but mainly it's play Custodian for two years.  I've been cleaning up messes in D.C. for most of my life."  That's it, that's the inspiring election America is so wantonly craving.  

Two septuagenarians with multiple sexual assault allegations against them asking you for your vote so they can fix America.  Only difference is one of the broke it already.  If Trump really wants to drain the swamp and not be a typical politician, that should be his entire platform, "Yeah, the country is screwed up right now...but who better to fix it than me?  I know where all the problems are.  Hell, I know about shit I haven't even told you guys about that needs fixing too."  I'd actually think about voting for someone that honest.  But nope, he's much more of a typical politician than his base realizes.  It's re-election first, money second, adulation third, and governing in a distant fourth.  

Edited by Lobo

16 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

Are we seriously doing “THEY’RE THE SAME!!!!!” in 2020? Really?

There's a choice on the ballot but it don't seem like no choice at all.

To Revolution 512, what in god's holy name are you blathering about?  Joe Biden not a good choice?  He's the only choice that can rid us of the worst president we've ever had.  Biden was my last or close to last choice for the nominee but it's never been more clear to me who's the better presidential candidate in a general election.  

• Hook 'Em 2

It’s pretty clear what I’m saying, a good choice to beat Trump and a good presidential candidate are two vastly different things. That’s where I feel we are.....again. 

I don’t know that anyone here had Joe as their first choice but they’ll back the fuck out of him now. Does that in any way sound similar to the right in the last election?

People continue to act as if Biden didn’t appear in nearly a dozen live debates over the past year or so and it absolutely boggles my mind. 

if you’re worried about how he’s going to do in a debate, you have plenty of recent footage to comb through. Have at it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2