2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

16 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Call me skeptical, but I don't trust mail in ballots at all. Voter suppression is real, and I wouldn't be surprised if mail in ballots are "lost", or purposefully destroyed in swing states. It's harder to publicly suppress voters who are going to the polls when there are cameras rolling.

I'm not sure how many states have early voting. California had it for the mid-term election which was nice because less crowds. I actually had a mail in ballot that I dropped off in person because I'm paranoid and don't trust the mail system.

Sadly, I'm in the same boat.  I'll be there in person.  I'm probably going to break a bottle on the way into the polling booth so I can also walk through glass to vote.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

We need dropboxes for mail-in ballots.  In front of courthouses, for example.  Maybe post offices.  Or City Halls.

There are drop boxes at polling places I believe. 

I’m getting a mail in ballot. I’m going to try to poll in person but I’ll have this as a backup. If I find and empty polling place in person I’ll go, and I take my mail in and a volunteer will destroy it. But I am pretty sure they also have drop boxes there. @StassneyHorn might know. 

Should be drop boxes, but I’d recommend anyone concerned contact their local clerk by phone to double check, https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/voter/county.shtml

You can drop off an absentee ballot in person at your clerks office on Election Day. I’m not 100% sure about dropping it off in person early. Best bet is to check with your clerk’s office at the above link. The people who work there WANT to help and our MOTIVATED./trumpcapslock 

We have 6 extra days of early voting starting Oct 13th. In major counties like Harris, Dallas, Tarrant, Bexar, Travis and El Paso you can early vote at any location. There are website that show the wait times if you want to go in person and be in n out.

Most of all, if anyone asks when Election Day is, tell them it starts Oct 13  and last 3 weeks not November 4th. Get it done early

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Mapache said:

If true, the asshole is already trying to steal the election any way he can

The ballot doesn't need to arrive and be counted by election day. It only needs to be postmarked by then. See California 2018 and the trickle of ballots arriving until late November.

There's still a chance for shenanigans if the results are not decided by the time the Electoral College votes in December. We may be glad for the lame duck period. 

7 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Do you have proof of this?

Of course not. 

Fuck dude. I called Donald fucking trump dear leader. Which is used to refer to totalitarian fucking dictators you humorless fucking twit. It was mocking and ridiculing commander in Cheeto. Noted right wing reactionary Da Hobbs got it with the laughing emoji. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mapache said:

If true, the asshole is already trying to steal the election any way he can

"Louis DeJoy an American businessman and Republican Party fundraiser who was appointed in May 2020 by unanimous selection of the Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service to serve as the 75th United States Postmaster General and Chief Executive Officer of the world's largest postal organization. Since January 2020, DeJoy has donated $360,000 to President Trump’s re-election campaign and roughly $70,000 to the Republican National Committee."

36 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

The ballot doesn't need to arrive and be counted by election day. It only needs to be postmarked by then. See California 2018 and the trickle of ballots arriving until late November.

There's still a chance for shenanigans if the results are not decided by the time the Electoral College votes in December. We may be glad for the lame duck period. 

There’s actually quite a bit of nonsense on postmark dates and is not consistent at all amongst states.

The most common state deadline for election officials to receive absentee or mail ballots is on Election Day when the polls close. Some states, however, accept and count a mailed ballot if it is received after Election Day but postmarked prior to the election.”

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/vopp-table-11-receipt-and-postmark-deadlines-for-absentee-ballots.aspx

18 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

There’s actually quite a bit of nonsense on postmark dates and is not consistent at all amongst states.

The most common state deadline for election officials to receive absentee or mail ballots is on Election Day when the polls close. Some states, however, accept and count a mailed ballot if it is received after Election Day but postmarked prior to the election.”

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/vopp-table-11-receipt-and-postmark-deadlines-for-absentee-ballots.aspx

I did not know that. I assumed it was postmark date everywhere. That’s a bad law otherwise. 

31 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

"Louis DeJoy an American businessman and Republican Party fundraiser who was appointed in May 2020 by unanimous selection of the Board of Governors of the United States Postal Service to serve as the 75th United States Postmaster General and Chief Executive Officer of the world's largest postal organization. Since January 2020, DeJoy has donated $360,000 to President Trump’s re-election campaign and roughly $70,000 to the Republican National Committee."

I'm betting he's no Wilford Brimley

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

In Texas, it must be received by Election Day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The chart said 5:00 pm the day after the election, but point taken (and the chart could be wrong).

does the same apply to, say, military ballots or the like?

https://www.votetexas.gov/military-overseas-voters/

I believe they are the also the only ones to be able to track their ballots online

C. Casting and Counting

How do you return the ballot to the Early Voting Clerk?

• Hard copy by mail, or common or contract courier (like any other ballot by mail)
  • IF from military voter (or spouse or dependent) in hostile fire pay / imminent danger pay / combat zone, may be faxed using authorized channels.
  • Marked ballots may not be e-mailed under Texas law, regardless of voter’s status.

When is the deadline for returning the ballot?

• Regular deadline: receipt by 7:00 p.m. Election Day
  • Deadline for voters voting from overseas location: receipt by 5th day after Election Day
  • Deadline for members of the armed forces of the United States, or the spouse or a dependent of a member of the armed forces, members of the merchant marines of the United States, or the spouse or a dependent of a member of the merchant marine: receipt by 6th day after Election Day.

Did the county or other election official receive my marked ballot?

Track my ballot

On 7/28/2020 at 7:00 PM, JimmyJames said:

I will never understand the strategy behind dotard trying to say Joe Biden is senile. He’s just pointing out what a senile piece of narcissist shit he in fact is. Not a winning strategy.

he is sleepy, senile, and will mastermind the destruction of the suburbs. Impressive.

4 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

We have 6 extra days of early voting starting Oct 13th. In major counties like Harris, Dallas, Tarrant, Bexar, Travis and El Paso you can early vote at any location. There are website that show the wait times if you want to go in person and be in n out.

Most of all, if anyone asks when Election Day is, tell them it starts Oct 13  and last 3 weeks not November 4th. Get it done early

I am usually a vote on the day of the election guy, as i do find enjoyment in the shared act of patriotism with my countrymen/women, the pride that comes with civic duty - it's all a bit emotional for me.

That being said, I will be voting early this November (i havent come this far avoiding crowds in confined spaces to blow it in November if at all possible)

That website that shows wait times is invaluable!

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

I did not know that. I assumed it was postmark date everywhere. That’s a bad law otherwise. 

In Alabama it has to be postmarked three days prior to Election Day I believe.

But mail in voting is practically nonexistent here because the voter has to either get their ballot notarized or be witnessed and signed by two other registered voters.

And if you utilize the mail in option “too much” (no idea what “too much” is; it isn’t defined in the rule and doesn’t say who judges what “too much” actually is) then you get banned from mail in voting in the future.

Less than 5% of ballots cast in Alabama are by mail and the vast majority of those are overseas active duty military.

We don’t have early voting either.

You better show up on the second Tuesday in November or you ain’t voting.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Supposedly Democrats are outpacing republicans all over the country in mail in voting requests. 

It used to be a big advantage for the Florida GOP, but Trump has made his cult skeptical of vote by mail. I guess all of those people plan to vote on Election Day or something. 

4 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Supposedly Democrats are outpacing republicans all over the country in mail in voting requests. 

It used to be a big advantage for the Florida GOP, but Trump has made his cult skeptical of vote by mail. I guess all of those people plan to vote on Election Day or something. 

It’s not everywhere. A couple places have been mentioned as massive republican registration over dems in swing states, and I think they referenced strong door to door and ground game efforts to Non- existent Biden ones. But I can’t remember exactly where I read that in these threads. It does seem to be advantage to Democrats nationwide however. 

53 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s not everywhere. A couple places have been mentioned as massive republican registration over dems in swing states, and I think they referenced strong door to door and ground game efforts to Non- existent Biden ones. But I can’t remember exactly where I read that in these threads. It does seem to be advantage to Democrats nationwide however. 

If Joe gets caught with his pants down in swing state registrations that’s just deserving to lose. That’s basic campaign competence 101. It’s also a good reason for primaries- so that you can show your operation can GOTV and is ready for prime time. 
Biden won the primary in spite of himself- winning a bunch of states he spent no money in and didn’t even have staffers (that other people were fighting for even!) or offices set up in. 
now- I fully expect him to similarly win against Trump, essentially by default, but what an odd world we are living in where one of the worst primary campaigns ever resulted in Biden coming back from the dead through none of his own efforts, and he’s fixing to win a general easily while running a similarly shitty campaign. 
It’s utterly amazing just how unpopular Trump is and how many people he’s actively turned off (and I’m pretty sure he was going to lose anyway pre Covid- with no shooting wars and a great economy!), as I suspect someone like Romney or Bush would be favored to win 40 states and nationally by 8 or 10 points with the fundamentals shown in January, which also had trump losing then. 
So much gets lost in the daily clown show surrounding Trump but his “rewriting” of political norms is truly amazing in a hide your eyes and cringe kind of way. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, yoladu said:

he is sleepy, senile, and will mastermind the destruction of the suburbs. Impressive.

It’s a cognitive dissonance that idiots on both sides share. I heard plenty of people tell me in one breath W was too dumb to pour piss out a boot with instructions on the bottom and then, 3 minutes later, explain to me how he was an evil genius. Many people aren’t rational, so why should messaging directed at the masses require any internal consistency and logic. 

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

It’s a cognitive dissonance that idiots on both sides share. I heard plenty of people tell me in one breath W was too dumb to pour piss out a boot with instructions on the bottom and then, 3 minutes later, explain to me how he was an evil genius. Many people aren’t rational, so why should messaging directed at the masses require any internal consistency and logic. 

No it’s mainly republicans. Trump outside shoulda told ya.

And nobody thought Bush was an evil genius.

• Like 1

Just now, JimmyJames said:

No it’s mainly republicans. Trump outside shoulda told ya.

And nobody thought Bush was an evil genius.

Dude- I used to hear it. Or Cheney was an evil genius and Bush was a puppet. But the point was still cognitive dissonance when speaking about the administration being cunningly, strategically evil and bumbling and incompetent, simultaneously. 

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Dude- I used to hear it. Or Cheney was an evil genius and Bush was a puppet. But the point was still cognitive dissonance when speaking about the administration being cunningly, strategically evil and bumbling and incompetent, simultaneously. 

I think of it more along the lines of 9/11 truthers. It always made me chuckle when I would hear how incompetent the government is, yet they masterminded 9/11 and brought down other towers with secret explosives. All without anyone ever spilling the beans! Yeah makes sense. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If Joe gets caught with his pants down in swing state registrations that’s just deserving to lose. That’s basic campaign competence 101. It’s also a good reason for primaries- so that you can show your operation can GOTV and is ready for prime time. 
Biden won the primary in spite of himself- winning a bunch of states he spent no money in and didn’t even have staffers (that other people were fighting for even!) or offices set up in. 
now- I fully expect him to similarly win against Trump, essentially by default, but what an odd world we are living in where one of the worst primary campaigns ever resulted in Biden coming back from the dead through none of his own efforts, and he’s fixing to win a general easily while running a similarly shitty campaign. 
It’s utterly amazing just how unpopular Trump is and how many people he’s actively turned off (and I’m pretty sure he was going to lose anyway pre Covid- with no shooting wars and a great economy!), as I suspect someone like Romney or Bush would be favored to win 40 states and nationally by 8 or 10 points with the fundamentals shown in January, which also had trump losing then. 
So much gets lost in the daily clown show surrounding Trump but his “rewriting” of political norms is truly amazing in a hide your eyes and cringe kind of way. 

I guess Biden getting caught off guard would be news to me.

ive heard nothing but good things for Democrats in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Florida so far. 

Edited by Voldemort86

58 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

but what an odd world we are living in where one of the worst primary campaigns ever resulted in Biden coming back from the dead through none of his own efforts, and he’s fixing to win a general easily while running a similarly shitty campaign.

Joe Biden was the only one constantly talking about beating Donald Trump. That's what this election is about.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Pretty amazing you think he’s running a shitty campaign based on the results. It’d be harder to be performing any better at this stage. 

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I'm genuinely curious where you source your news information. because that is one delusional take.

54 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Heard it from whom? 9/11 Truth nuts? That’s hardly a valid representation of...well, anything. 

Oh and which claim was it? Because Bush being an evil genius or a puppet are two very different claims. One is not a lighter version than the other. One is the opposite of the other. 

Also, hardly anyone suggested idiocy of the entire administration. The idiocy claims were limited to Bush and maybe a handful of much lower level nitwits (Brownie, Gonzalez, Goodling and the rest of those idiots that went to Regent University), but no one serious said that about Cheney, Rummy, Powell, Bolton, et al. Did they have absolutely insane political views? Yes, but hardly an indictment of their education and/or overall intelligence.

1 minute ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm genuinely curious where you source your news information. because that is one delusional take.

What are you taking about?

i was replying to Sydney taking about voter registration favoring GOP in swing states and that was a conditional statement (if he gets caught with his pants down in a swing state then he deserves what he gets) That’s literally politics 101

i need a source to say Joe ran a shitty primary campaign and stumbkebumfucked  his way into winning states he wasn’t even trying in?  It was literally all over the papers and TV. Everywhere. 
Biden was up on Trump in all the polls, prior to Covid breakout when the economy was good. 
seriously, what the fuck are you talking about? 

14 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Pretty amazing you think he’s running a shitty campaign based on the results. It’d be harder to be performing any better at this stage. 

to be fair, he's not running a terrific campaign by any stretch. he's just sitting back watching Trump implode and not getting in the way. Not a bad strategy, but not exactly noteworthy either. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

He’s not even really campaigning. He’s going to win by literally not being Trump. And that’s the right strategy. I’m not knocking him. But it’s incredible. 

Just now, The Dog said:

to be fair, he's not running a terrific campaign by any stretch. he's just sitting back watching Trump implode and not getting in the way. Not a bad strategy, but not exactly noteworthy either. 

Exactly. 
I said shitty.  I should have said irrelevant or something like that. He’s not doing anything we typically think of as “campaigning”. 

41 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

I guess Biden getting caught off guard would be news to me.

ive heard nothing but good things for Democrats in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Florida so far. 

Yeah- I was literally just responding to SC and what he wrote. 

9 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

i was replying to Sydney taking about voter registration favoring GOP in swing states and that was a conditional statement (if he gets caught with his pants down in a swing state then he deserves what he gets) That’s literally politics 101

i need a source to say Joe ran a shitty primary campaign and stumbkebumfucked  his way into winning states he wasn’t even trying in?  It was literally all over the papers and TV. Everywhere. 
Biden was up on Trump in all the polls, prior to Covid breakout when the economy was good. 

Yeah man, Wulaw and I have had plenty of scraps but not really seeing anything delusional. There were articles several months back discussing the democratic committee sounding alarms because Biden hadnt gotten together chiefs of staffs and teams to run the campaigns in big important stages. I think PA and Florida were mentioned but I cant be sure, it was awhile ago. And we know at the end Biden won states he didn’t even try to win. That’s a fact. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Yeah man, Wulaw and I have had plenty of scraps but not really seeing anything delusional. There were articles several months back discussing the democratic committee sounding alarms because Biden hasnt our together chiefs of staffs and teams to run the campaigns in big important stages. I think PA and Florida were mentioned but Incant be sure, it was awhile ago. And we know at the end Biden won states he didn’t even try to win. That’s a fact. 

Yeah dude. Thanks. 
I shake my head at the absurdity of so much shit I see on here. Posts like that are just fucking cake toppers. You are delusional. Show me a link stating the sky is blue you Trumpjst idiot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’d like to note that just because you aren’t paying attention to Biden, doesn’t mean he’s not out there giving speeches, holding press conferences, putting out bold policies, uniting dem leadership, or advancing online and traditional media strategy. Yes, Trump is uniquely terrible, but Biden is not absent or playing defense. He’s attacking and showing a sharp contrast in leadership and ability to govern 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

you're right. I am not caffeinated enough yet. I misread a couple things in your post the first time. my bad, my dude. carry on.,

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Dog said:

When your opponent is busy destroying themselves, stay out of the way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, The Dog said:

So Trump now wants to see if the election can be "delayed": https://apnews.com/d203eaa406dc5e7362dfa9e33522195e

Someone needs to tell him how presidential elections work in this country.

Since when has that effeminate loser ever demonstrated that he knows how ANYTHING works in this country, or any other?

• Like 1