2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

32 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I’d like to note that just because you aren’t paying attention to Biden, doesn’t mean he’s not out there giving speeches, holding press conferences, putting out bold policies, uniting dem leadership, or advancing online and traditional media strategy. Yes, Trump is uniquely terrible, but Biden is not absent or playing defense. He’s attacking and showing a sharp contrast in leadership and ability to govern 

He’s a regular dynamo!

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Spankytoes said:

To be fair, I doubt Biden can remember his Twitter login info.

But he somehow found it to make that tweet. Wonder how that could be?

if we had patriots serving the executive branch of the federal government they would’ve already figured out how to change the current idiot’s password so he never tweets again. There is very little they could do that would be more in service to the wellbeing of this country and its reputation. 

I myself considered, but did not actually vote for, a third party candidate in 2016 because I knew Hillary was going to win, so my protest vote wouldn’t matter. I imagine there were a number similar to me.  

Quick scan says Gary Johnson voters were numerous enough to change AZ, FL, MI, MN, PA in 2016.

and that is just people that still decided to vote anyway despite it being a forgone conclusion   How many more stayed home altogether?

That’s not going to happen in 2020. You hold that election again right now but instead of a media narrative of it being a foregone conclusion, we take it seriously, the results change. That’s the main difference between 2020 and 2016 imo. 

addendum: this is partially trump hoisted on his own *etard. He got elected by just Having a knack for making a big scene. But his tendency for doing so means his garbage presidency has been in everyone’s face all the time.  That further ensures people are going to stay home because politics is on everyone’s mind. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Scrambling and panicking.

You love to see it.

We don’t need the President to pause ads while reviewing messaging strategy.

We need to end his Presidency so there’s a strategy concerned with something other than messaging.

13 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I myself considered, but did not actually vote for, a third party candidate in 2016 because I knew Hillary was going to win, so my protest vote wouldn’t matter. I imagine there were a number similar to me.  

Quick scan says Gary Johnson voters were numerous enough to change AZ, FL, MI, MN, PA in 2016.

and that is just people that still decided to vote anyway despite it being a forgone conclusion   How many more stayed home altogether?

That’s not going to happen in 2020. You hold that election again right now but instead of a media narrative of it being a foregone conclusion, we take it seriously, the results change. That’s the main difference between 2020 and 2016 imo. 

addendum: this is partially trump hoisted on his own *etard. He got elected by just Having a knack for making a big scene. But his tendency for doing so means his garbage presidency has been in everyone’s face all the time.  That further ensures people are going to stay home because politics is on everyone’s mind. 

Because of our messed up Electoral College system, I've voted 3rd party for Ralph Effin' Nader twice as the outcome of the vote in Texas has pretty much been preordained throughout my entire adulthood. That pattern of voting would quickly end if Texas ever mattered.

What happened in 2016 was that Black voters didn't turn out (ascribe whatever reasons you need here) for Hillary. It was that lower turnout in three swing states that really allowed Trump to take the trind in this country.

Sure, you can blame third party voters mathematically, but the real issue in the Midwest was an enthusiasm problem among a key constituency.

Take nothing for granted.
"August 25, 2016 - Clinton Tops 50 Percent, Leads Trump By 10 Points, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds"

That kind of puts in perspective how much bigger Biden's lead is. That was Clinton's absolute apex on one poll. That's pretty much every poll for Biden over the past two months.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Because of our messed up Electoral College system, I've voted 3rd party for Ralph Effin' Nader twice as the outcome of the vote in Texas has pretty much been preordained throughout my entire adulthood. That pattern of voting would quickly end if Texas ever mattered.
What happened in 2016 was that Black voters didn't turn out (ascribe whatever reasons you need here) for Hillary. It was that lower turnout in three swing states that really allowed Trump to take the trind in this country.
Sure, you can blame third party voters mathematically, but the real issue in the Midwest was an enthusiasm problem among a key constituency.
Not true in Pennsylvania. WI and MI are absolutely directly attributable to lower turnout in Milwaukee and Detroit, but that's not how it played out in PA. There really was a rural surge for Trump there. It's the only state where the white working class uprising narrative is really true.

Fortunately, as relatively strong as Trump is in PA, Biden counters that.

6 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Realizing their shitty ads aren’t working.

we’re almost approaching too little too late territory for these ass clowns.

Lafayette Park was where he lost legitimacy for the masses.  Peaceful protestors being jack booted thug beat into submission so Dear Leader could do a stroll over to a church he didn't go to, to hold up a book he doesn't read, to take a photo to pander to people he doesn't care about crossed the line.  There were lots of things he has done that have sucked.  On a nearly daily basis.  But that moment was what historians will write about as the beginning of the end.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Giving up on swing states to focus on red states. Seems bad. 

Not if the focus is on functionally tossing out the votes in swing states (contesting the irregularity of the election there, getting a friendly GOP legislature to somehow hold up the votes, etc.)  He wants to be able to point at enthusiastic Trumper red state votes, and just completely disregard any votes in swing states, so he will then claim that he won both the EC AND the popular vote (if you don't count votes against you, it's easy to win the popular vote).

We aren't getting him out of the WH without the use of force.  He's fighting for his life right now, so he'll never go quietly.

18 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Giving up on swing states to focus on red states. Seems bad. 

Yeah the quote is the spin you'd expect - "we're going to win it so why bother wasting money there?"

But everyone has Michigan at best a toss-up for Trump so this makes little sense if it's in fact true. One of the biggest reasons Trump won in 2016 was the amount of time, effort, and money he spent in Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. I know Hillary never even set foot in at least one of those states (either Michigan or Wisconsin - can't remember). 

So if this is true it means their internals are most likely a lot worse than the RCP and 538 averages. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

put simply, hillary thought all the black people and women who voted for obama would vote for her. they didn’t. 

Actually they did vote for her but their votes got changed in the process to no vote. Hence the 80,000 margin of victory. Unless you believe they all voted straight party dem but then took the time to opt out of the Hillary vote. Yeah right. 

Remember this maxim when trump claims the vote is rigged, every accusation is a confession. Manafort and the Russians stole the 2016 election. Surprised even trump himself. They weren’t dumb, they weren’t gonna tell Trump what was going on. I bet trump didn’t really want to win. 

15 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Actually they did vote for her but their votes got changed in the process to no vote. Hence the 80,000 margin of victory. Unless you believe they all voted straight party dem but then took the time to opt out of the Hillary vote. Yeah right. 

There was no straight ticket voting in Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina, nor Arizona.  Five states that Trump closely won in 2016.  There is some question around Pennsylvania but the "voting is too hard in Texas" and "straight ticket voting in too many red controlled states" is bullshit that needs to come to an end and the Democrats need to get their big kid pants on.  We're about to have three weeks, not two but three weeks, of early voting in Texas with no straight ticket option.  Time to finally treat people of color as fellow citizens in the political ecosystem instead of people the Democrats exploit every 2 or 4 years for their own purposes.  And for once in my life, I am happy to help.  Trump needs to burn in hell for all eternity.  Count me in on the matches.  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

There was no straight ticket voting in Michigan, Wisconsin, Florida, North Carolina, nor Arizona.  Five states that Trump closely won in 2016.  There is some question around Pennsylvania but the "voting is too hard in Texas" and "straight ticket voting in too many red controlled states" is bullshit that needs to come to an end and the Democrats need to get their big kid pants on.  We're about to have three weeks, not two but three weeks, of early voting in Texas with no straight ticket option.  Time to finally treat people of color as fellow citizens in the political ecosystem instead of people the Democrats exploit every 2 or 4 years for their own purposes.  And for once in my life, I am happy to help.  Trump needs to burn in hell for all eternity.  Count me in on the matches.  

Wrong. There was straight ticket voting in Michigan in 2016, as well as Pennsylvania. 

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Not if the focus is on functionally tossing out the votes in swing states (contesting the irregularity of the election there, getting a friendly GOP legislature to somehow hold up the votes, etc.)  He wants to be able to point at enthusiastic Trumper red state votes, and just completely disregard any votes in swing states, so he will then claim that he won both the EC AND the popular vote (if you don't count votes against you, it's easy to win the popular vote).

We aren't getting him out of the WH without the use of force.  He's fighting for his life right now, so he'll never go quietly.

This is extreme.

im quite shocked by this. Usually the GOP is known as the party who makes up conspiracy theories. There’s no way trump can pull this off and get away with it.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Wrong. There was straight ticket voting in Michigan in 2016, as well as Pennsylvania. 

I thought that court injunction didn't hold up for the 2016 election?  Makes sense either way.  Also, I never said anything about Pennsylvania. 

Straight ticketing will be even less of a factor in 2020.  

12 hours ago, Mole said:

I can’t remember most of my login info. That’s what password managers are for.

having to remember all my passwords in my head causes me to exercise my brain - i am hoping that exercise staves off brain rot.

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I thought that court injunction didn't hold up for the 2016 election?  Makes sense either way.  Also, I never said anything about Pennsylvania. 

Straight ticketing will be even less of a factor in 2020.  

The injunction allowing straight ticket voting was in place in 2016 then got overturned in 2018. 

Tomorrow is August. That means we are like 3.5 months away from the election. That seems unreal to me.

2016 election seemed like it was a campaign-fest for 18 straight months, with debates and everything. Now, here we are and covid-19 and economy and riots and peaceful protests are top of mind and the election is essentially sneaking up on us!