2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

33 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I think (and I think the data supports it), more people are dug in on either side than maybe any race in modern history.  There are as many or more people who hate Donny than love him.

So there are about as many smart people as stupid people?  Yeah, that's probably true.

6 minutes ago, 406W30th said:

Gonna go with a no to Kanye actually being on the WI ballot.

That shit should be posted online / tik tok. Let random people send them all sorts of crazy mail like empty chic fil a wrappers and other junk.

nothing harmful. Just flood their mail boxes with crap.

10 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

The most effective ad yet, IMO.

I'm betting most of his supporters think no one could have done a better job.  He did the best he could but the evil Dems distracted him or stopped him from completely destroying the virus before it ever even got here!

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm betting most of his supporters think no one could have done a better job.  He did the best he could but the evil Dems distracted him or stopped him from completely destroying the virus before it ever even got here!

But a significant portion of Trump’s 2016 voters were just really, really gullible.  They can be swayed.  Sure, 70% of his base would voter for Trump no matter what state the world was in.  But there’s a lot of folks, many of them elderly, who can be swayed.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

But a significant portion of Trump’s 2016 voters were just really, really gullible.  They can be swayed.  Sure, 70% of his base would voter for Trump no matter what state the world was in.  But there’s a lot of folks, many of them elderly, who can be swayed.  

I’ve gotten to where I hate the olds in general and see them as insecure losers clinging to grudges from 40 years ago and desperately hoping they can continue to validate their long held beliefs.  But this election has actually changed my opinion seeing that they seem to be learning more than any other group. 

The olds are very upset about the lack of grandkid time.  Everyone thinks it’s the Republicans wanting them to die that has them upset and that’s partially true but the grandkid thing is bigger.  That ad slam dunks that.

Anecdotal story.  A woman on my team in NYC had a baby in March.  Her parents are in FL.  They haven’t seen the baby since.  Not once.  Woman was going to spend part of her maternity leave in FL with the parents.  That didn’t happen.  How do you think the parents feel about that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

i heard some interview the other day on the radio (cnn on sirius or something) and whomever they had on said that if you were trying to make the pandemic as bad as possible, your actions would look a lot like what's going on presently.  i can't find any proof that trump isn't on covid's side here.

Edited by henrygandorf

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i heard some interview the other day on the radio (cnn on sirius or something) and whomever they had on said that if you were trying to make the pandemic as bad as possible, your actions would look a lot like what's going on presently.  i can't find any proof that trump isn't on covid's side here.

"I have talked to Covid 19. He just said it's not deadly," Trump said. "I will say this: I don't see any reason why it would be."

"So I have great confidence in my medical people, but I will tell you that Covid 19 was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today."

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

And that's not a constitutional ticket.  The president and vice president can't be from the same state.

I thought that just meant that the Wyoming electors, all three of them, would have to vote for a different Vice-President if West won Wyoming.

The Electors shall meet in their respective states, and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves

3 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

And that's not a constitutional ticket.  The president and vice president can't be from the same state.

Yes they can. However electors from that state cannot vote for them. So if Wyoming votes for Kanye (LOL) their electoral voters would have to choose someone else.

3 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Sometimes, when I listen to Joe, I get kind of scared and worried that he's not going to be able to close the deal.  At times like those, I feel like someone needs to slap me, and tell me I should act like a man.

AbleCleanAngwantibo-size_restricted.gif

One of my favorite scenes from that movie. Because it was so unexpected first time watching it. And so true. Boo hoo hoo.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The olds are very upset about the lack of grandkid time.  Everyone thinks it’s the Republicans wanting them to die that has them upset and that’s partially true but the grandkid thing is bigger.  That ad slam dunks that.

Anecdotal story.  A woman on my team in NYC had a baby in March.  Her parents are in FL.  They haven’t seen the baby since.  Not once.  Woman was going to spend part of her maternity leave in FL with the parents.  That didn’t happen.  How do you think the parents feel about that?

This is very true. The olds may be trumpkins but they ain’t happy about the current state of affairs. My trumpkin Dad has not mentioned trump once since March. He knows my mom isn’t happy with things now. 

12 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I’ve gotten to where I hate the olds in general and see them as insecure losers clinging to grudges from 40 years ago and desperately hoping they can continue to validate their long held beliefs.  But this election has actually changed my opinion seeing that they seem to be learning more than any other group. 

Funny how minds can change a little when you’ve got a gun pointed at your head.

I reserve my hate for the olds due to the insane amount crisis they created .... including the one that’s currently killing them and the amount of problems they are leaving behind as they peace out.

Fuck calling them Boomers. They should be the Virus / viral generation. 

1.) They came in at the height of prosperity and sucked the resources, money, and health like a virus

2.) They fucking love their social media and viral ‘news’ to the point that it has led to foreign Influence in campaigns and turned their brains to mush

3.) And because of 1 and 2, they bungled fighting a virus that is killing them and somehow causing 1 and 2 to get worse which somehow makes them seem even more like a virus

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

Funny how minds can change a little when you’ve got a gun pointed at your head.

I reserve my hate for the olds due to the insane amount crisis they created .... including the one that’s currently killing them and the amount of problems they are leaving behind as they peace out.

Fuck calling them Boomers. They should be the Virus / viral generation. 

1.) They came in at the height of prosperity and sucked the resources, money, and health like a virus

2.) They fucking love their social media and viral ‘news’ to the point that it has led to foreign Influence in campaigns and turned their brains to mush

3.) And because of 1 and 2, they bungled fighting a virus that is killing them and somehow causing 1 and 2 to get worse which somehow makes them seem even more like a virus

image.gif.2a95f700da089756b21e82b0e19d99bf.gif

Not often does a gif 100% encapsulate my thoughts and reactions to reading something, but today this works. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

oh shit, somebody is gonna have to explain to him how mail works.  And then somebody has to explain to him how early voting works.  And then somebody has to explain to him how counting all those ballots works on the inbound side.  Shit.  

I don't wanna sound egotistical, but I imagine this is how Anne Sullivan felt on Day 3 of working with Helen Keller.  

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Someone is getting desperate when the math is becoming apparent to him. Of course we all know the next 3 months is pointless. If someone is truly undecided at this point, they should not have a right to vote.

I’m concerned about the schools reopening  issue with suburban moms. Repubs positioning themselves as the “open” party (no matter how disingenuous) has clearly become a major electoral issue. They’ll hammer this until election.

2 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

I’m concerned about the schools reopening  issue with suburban moms. Repubs positioning themselves as the “open” party (no matter how disingenuous) has clearly become a major electoral issue. They’ll hammer this until election.

I'm not.  Being married to a suburban mom, I have a touch of insight.  They recognize that there are no good options and that there is a lot of balancing of concerns on this.  "OPEN SCHOOLS NOW" does nothing to address those concerns.

• Like 1

We are going to be experiencing the biggest spike to date come October and November thanks to schools reopening.  Trump's push to reopen schools is going to be the final nail in his coffin  because it will be fresh on everyone's minds when they vote.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

We are going to be experiencing the biggest spike to date come October and November thanks to schools reopening.  Trump's push to reopen schools is going to be the final nail in his coffin  because it will be fresh on everyone's minds when they vote.

I don’t think any schools will reopen which will create frustration. I don’t think Repubs want schools to reopen while they flog the issue. I may be off on this issue but I’ve seen some serious anger out there and I think Dems will he held responsible.

Nope, schools are opening all over the place in Texas and have already done so in Georgia.  Schools in states that are not run by a death cult may not re-open, but it's happening in red and purple states.

Edited by kevwun

19 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Nope, schools are opening all over the place in Texas and have already done so in Georgia.  Schools in states that are not run by a death cult may not re-open, but it's happening in red and purple states.

Schools are definitely reopening and safety is an impossibility. I guess we send kids to school knowing risks of school shootings and don’t do anything about it, so why not risk permanent brain/lung damage or death at the hands of an incredibly contagious virus that’s currently out of control?

14 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Yeah, but Trump is spending at least 30% of his money on things that will go straight to his pocket and have no effect on the election. 

Paying Don Jr, his girlfriend and for Parscale’s several houses/cars/yachts with campaign money is not cheap

45 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm not.  Being married to a suburban mom, I have a touch of insight.  They recognize that there are no good options and that there is a lot of balancing of concerns on this.  "OPEN SCHOOLS NOW" does nothing to address those concerns.

Saw a survey today that said only 20% want schools to fully reopen right now.  Most want some sort of blended option but yeah, there aren't millions of suburban moms who are clamoring for schools to fully reopen.

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Saw a survey today that said only 20% want schools to fully reopen right now.  Most want some sort of blended option but yeah, there aren't millions of suburban moms who are clamoring for schools to fully reopen.

I mean, we all want fucking schools to reopen.  At the end of every summer, parents everywhere want to be rid of their kids.  And this summer has gone back to spring break.

But suburban women are also, generally speaking, reasonably well-educated.  And that means that they understand that we're not sending kids back to school while the pandemic is raging unabated.  And then they look at the Administration, which still lacks a plan for combating the virus.

It doesn't fucking matter how often you scream "OPEN SCHOOLS NOW!" on the Twitters.  If you do nothing to lay the conditions predicate to reopening the schools, it's meaningless.

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

He gives the best sound bites

I get that this is supposed to fit the narrative that Trump is trying to push.

But it can't get any traction because every time Biden does this Trump goes on some tirade on Twitter on some unrelated tangent that completely drowns out everything else. 

55 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Yep, when schools reopen, and then recluse, there will be some 'splainin to do. 

57 minutes ago, kevwun said:

"Open the schools!"

MedicalConcreteAmericanshorthair-size_re

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2