2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

23 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is the most important to me.  Get people out before Nov 3 so they don't have to stand in lines during a pandemic.

I will do in person early voting as soon as I can. There is no way in hell I trust the state of Texas with a mail in ballot. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Someone is getting desperate when the math is becoming apparent to him. Of course we all know the next 3 months is pointless. If someone is truly undecided at this point, they should not have a right to vote.

Funny how this wasn’t an issue with him last year.

38 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I mean, we all want fucking schools to reopen.  At the end of every summer, parents everywhere want to be rid of their kids.  And this summer has gone back to spring break.

But suburban women are also, generally speaking, reasonably well-educated.  And that means that they understand that we're not sending kids back to school while the pandemic is raging unabated.  And then they look at the Administration, which still lacks a plan for combating the virus.

It doesn't fucking matter how often you scream "OPEN SCHOOLS NOW!" on the Twitters.  If you do nothing to lay the conditions predicate to reopening the schools, it's meaningless.

I hope you’re right. Anecdotally, my experience has been much different. So much so, I’ve seen non-political moms become involved in a way that damn sure doesn’t appear to be helping Dems.

The fact that Repubs are pushing the issue indicates to me they have some data supporting this narrative. Blame the educators and “elites” while conveniently flogging an issue they have no intention of tackling is an incredibly effective political tactic for Repubs.

10 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

I hope you’re right. Anecdotally, my experience has been much different. So much so, I’ve seen non-political moms become involved in a way that damn sure doesn’t appear to be helping Dems.

The fact that Repubs are pushing the issue indicates to me they have some data supporting this narrative. Blame the educators and “elites” while conveniently flogging an issue they have no intention of tackling is an incredibly effective political tactic for Repubs.

Keep in mind that plenty of schools are going to open, with predictable results.  We're already starting to see it.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Seriously. The abject fucking stupidity of talking about Biden's "gaffes" or "soundbytes" by anyone who supports trump is fucking unbelievable. It's like a rich, white, trust fund baby who brags about sexual assault saying they've done more for the black man that Abraham Lincoln. Oh wait. 

Even more ironic is the rich, white, trust fund baby on Fox News that promotes him. The average Trump supporter rails against "elites" while swallowing the myth that somehow Trump and Carlson care about the average citizen.

The schools reopening may be problematic on a micro level--Abbott, for example, throwing local ISDs under the bus, but I don't see it as being a Biden vs. Trump issue the same way. It may aggregate into a general 'Trump screwed up this pandemic response' but pinning that on the Democratic Party seems like a stretch. They've been saying to follow safety guidelines and use your best judgement. I guess for binary thinkers that is too complicated?

50 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

The thought of Kanye getting 100K votes in Wisconsin is highly unlikely. Democrats already know the ruse, the guy is a blatant hack for Trump.

you never know how many protest votes Kanye might get, or if some people will vote Kanye if only for the 'gram pic.

Sad that people are using someone (Kanye) with apparent mental disorders. But it's a good strategy for the GOP regardless of how sick it is.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

you never know how many protest votes Kanye might get, or if some people will vote Kanye if only for the 'gram pic.

Sad that people are using someone (Kanye) with apparent mental disorders. But it's a good strategy for the GOP regardless of how sick it is.

You can have Kanye west selected, take a picture to post on Instagram, then switch the vote to Biden after posting it.

"Burst into 'dis guy"

Uh, are we just not gonna talk about the President saying that out loud...at the presidential podium?  Not implying he's gay, and there's nothing wrong with that.  Just weird to hear Rex Kramer and Johnny Sack's idol say something like during a major speech.  

Edited by Lobo

Yeah, Kanye isn’t getting 100k votes. 

Based on this guy’s interview on CNN (Alderman in Milwaukee, Black guy) they know exactly what’s happening and it’s doing nothing bu galvanizing Black voters for Biden even more. 

I’m hopeful this won’t work. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

The thought of Kanye getting 100K votes in Wisconsin is highly unlikely. Democrats already know the ruse, the guy is a blatant hack for Trump.

Imagine being fucking stupid enough to vote for Kanye West of all people for President of the United States.

"You know, I really don't like how Trump is doing things, but Biden appears to be cognitively declining according to a meme my uncle shared from Turning Point USA.  I think I'll give that Kanye guy a chance.  He seems like someone who has it all together."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's the same strategy they used four years ago as well.

• Like 3

Per a source, I'm hopeful I'll receive a cheek for tree fiddy (million) in the mail tomorrow.

Roughly the same odds.

7 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Isn’t the prevailing thought that he will not even make it on the ballot after that petition shit show?

6 hours ago, Tom said:

Imagine being fucking stupid enough to vote for Kanye West of all people for President of the United States.

"You know, I really don't like how Trump is doing things, but Biden appears to be cognitively declining according to a meme my uncle shared from Turning Point USA.  I think I'll give that Kanye guy a chance.  He seems like someone who has it all together."

Imagine being stupid enough to vote for any of these candidates. 

Just now, immamac said:

Shut the fuck up dude. Get off your shine box, a 3rd party candidate isn't in it this election. If you want to waste your fucking vote on Mickey mouse or whoever the fuck it's up to you, but don't tell people they are stupid for voting against Trump in a Joe Biden candidacy. 

Joe Biden fucking sucks and is a shitty candidate, but he's not a fucking morally bankrupt piece of shit who lies every other word. 

I think you mean soap box, not shine box. I agree on Joe generally. I disagree that I should feel compelled to support the dysfunctional two party system.  I think that you are free to do as you please. Even if that means that you easy confuse things such as a shine box and a soap box.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

I think you mean soap box, not shine box. I agree on Joe generally. I disagree that I should feel compelled to support the dysfunctional two party system.  I think that you are free to do as you please. Even if that means that you easy confuse things such as a shine box and a soap box.  

You ain’t voting for Joe and you know it.

Now go get your shine box!

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah sorry I fucked up shine and soap box. Point still stands. You are free to protest vote all you want, don't come in here acting like that's going to be a real needle mover for your desired outcome. 

Very few people are enthusiastically voting for Joe Biden, many more are enthusiastically voting against Trump. Don't shit on a thread projecting your dumbass ideals on a bunch of other people who live in the much less principled real world where voting for one of the 2 major parties that is definitely going to win the election is a thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Not this year, dude. The 2 party system fucking sucks and should be illegal. We don't allow that kind of monopoly on search engines, but our entire political infrastructure is cool? That said, NOT THIS FUCKING YEAR. Any vote not given to Biden is a vote given to Trump, no matter what other name is next to the box. If you want to vote for the most vile president in American history who has done more to damage our domestic and global position than any single individual in history, go ahead, that's your right. But own that shit. Own that you are voting for Trump if you don't vote for Biden.

Edited by Llogg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, immamac said:

Yeah sorry I fucked up shine and soap box. Point still stands. You are free to protest vote all you want, don't come in here acting like that's going to be a real needle mover for your desired outcome. 

Very few people are enthusiastically voting for Joe Biden, many more are enthusiastically voting against Trump. Don't shit on a thread projecting your dumbass ideals on a bunch of other people who live in the much less principled real world where voting for one of the 2 major parties that is definitely going to win the election is a thing. 

I have never held a delusion that my vote is a needle mover, or even really matters at all. 

I am not shitting on a thread, capitan. I made a quippy response. Something people on this board do on a variety of topics, ranging from how to cook a steak, to Texas shitting the bed on the football field, to people getting killed under unfortunate circumstances. You've had a real compensatory mod stick up your ass lately, but that really has nothing to do with me. The real world 2 major political parties steered us right into this mess last election. Maybe they will steer us out with Joe Fucking Biden. If you want to cast votes for people who do not really represent your beliefs and interests because that makes you feel like you are doing something to right the ship, knock yourself out. *crosses fingers*