2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

8 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I just want to pile on: Evey post you've made on this page is utter nonsense. Be better my friend. 

I’m not even one of the guys who says you have to vote Biden. I 100% understand that argument and think that everyone should vote Biden because of this shit show. That said I think every American should exercise their rights how they see fit. That said, you are completely right that his statements are just completely nonsensical.

Edited by hobbes2702

9 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

I just want to pile on: Evey post you've made on this page is utter nonsense. Be better my friend. 

That’s like, your opinion, man. Everything I’ve said is objectively true. You can vote for whoever you want to vote for and it won’t change who wins any of the elections. At the end of the day that is a fact. I can’t help it if you refuse to accept said fact. 

2 hours ago, pantone159 said:

Voting for a third party is the same effect as just not voting at all. It isn't a vote against anyone. Yes, in this election, third party means that you are not voting AGAINST Trump but it isnt like you are voting FOR him.

Wouldn't you be voting for someone if you're voting for a 3rd party candidate? 

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That’s like, your opinion, man. Everything I’ve said is objectively true. You can vote for whoever you want to vote for and it won’t change who wins any of the elections. At the end of the day that is a fact. I can’t help it if you refuse to accept said fact. 

Here is what I expect will happen: @Wulaw Horn will either not vote or submit a protest vote. If Biden wins, he will inevitably find some fault in his administration and use it to explain why it is critical that the next president be Republican. Amazingly, his vote will once again become consequential. If Trump wins, he will say disclaim all responsibility and point out that he didn't vote for him. And as the world continues to crumble around them, he and @Anastasis will sit with the smug satisfaction that they were the only ones smart enough to realize that it was all unavoidable. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

You can't transform a dumb statement into a fact by repeating it forcefully ("I strenuously object!"). But clearly you are determined to try. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I ran my rv into a bridge. It ripped off the top. Everyone was fine. My response was to chuckle, shake my head, and laugh. Most of y’all wouldn’t respond that way. Most people would think 2-3 months in the shop is pretty major, but it’s not. Dust yourself off and move on. 
I’d the person who sits in the White House determines your success in life more than you do then you are doing it wrong. 
America is bigger than one person. If one person could ruin America then America wouldn’t be worth saving. There will come a day in the not to distant future (in 6 months or 55 months) when Donald trump isn’t predefined anymore and America will soldier on and people will continue to do what they do. 

Then vote him out asshole. Is that what you are  going to do?

I ran my rv into a bridge. It ripped off the top. Everyone was fine. My response was to chuckle, shake my head, and laugh. Most of y’all wouldn’t respond that way. Most people would think 2-3 months in the shop is pretty major, but it’s not. Dust yourself off and move on. 
I’d the person who sits in the White House determines your success in life more than you do then you are doing it wrong. 
America is bigger than one person. If one person could ruin America then America wouldn’t be worth saving. There will come a day in the not to distant future (in 6 months or 55 months) when Donald trump isn’t predefined anymore and America will soldier on and people will continue to do what they do. 

One person isn't ruining America.  Trump's sycophants and enablers are ruining America.  Without his enablers he'd be a doddering racist either in prison or the memory unit of a nursing home.  Instead, they're going around breaking the country.

• Like 2

Well, you can take comfort in the fact that the top 1/2 inch of the RV didn't matter.    It was irrelevant to the RV hitting the bridge. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

One person isn't ruining America.  Trump's sycophants and enablers are ruining America.  Without his enablers he'd be a doddering racist either in prison or the memory unit of a nursing home.  Instead, they're going around breaking the country.

The somewhat good news i guess is a lot of them will soon be dead. Trump supporters are now dying every day, some due to trump himself.

One case for a third party vote is that over time, popular third party ideas can be taken on by the major parties. I think the Bernie approach has been more effective in shifting the national consciousness, but some ideas and personalities might not fit within a major party at this time.

I’ve voted for numerous third party candidates under the belief that certain non-mainstream ideas should be elevated. This is a long term strategy that the fringe but good ideas of today might eventually become mainstream. It’s effectiveness is debatable, but it’s a coherent approach. 

This year, it seems like the national question is whether or not we should continue to destroy the country. Given the dire situation, it seems ill advised to play the long game of supporting fringe ideas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

But every individual inch of height of your RV was not responsible for your RV being too tall. Also people that tell you how calm they are, never are. 

Edited by Irieguy

9 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Time is a flat circle

Indeed it is. Not sure why you wouldn't use the gif though.

As far as the two-party forced selection voting approach, what if any impact do y'all think that that approach had in 2016?

It is not reasonable to suggest that that voting philosophy may have tilted the 2016 election to Trump?  There were lots of Republicans that were not really Trump supporters in any real way, but reluctantly pulled the lever for him anyways because they could not tolerate the thought of Clinton. Trump had sizable advantage among independents on election day as well. How many of them tilted to Trump because they felt obliged to commit to one of the those two candidates.

Now I think that you can easily disagree with the assessment of those voters as to who was the lesser of two evils, but that's not really the point. The point is to question whether that particular approach to voting may have in fact contributed to tilting an election where we had a number of key states with margins of <1%. 

Obviously 2020 is different.  I don't think the dynamic is the same, and there is not a big mass of people that really hate Joe Biden like they did Clinton. I think that he will cruise to a landslide victory. But the outcome of 2016 could have very well been impacted by that approach.   

Spot on Ana from my perspective.

Thomas Frank has a new book out on populism that finally acknowledges Clinton's 2016 campaign's massive failure. She was supposed to have the best campaign ever - and it wasn't in fact. Horribly run campaign. Clinton really pissed off a lot of her voters from 2008 and the chickens came home to roost in 2016. That was not smart. Clinton's campaign energized a lot of Trump's voters. I don't see that energy this year - except in Trump strongholds. And even there, the energy is subdued. That's probably because of Trump's horrible handling of Covid 19.

We are looking at landslide numbers at this point - assuming all of you vote (remember to register and vote - all). Your voice is needed. No excuses. independence day dog GIF

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

Not that it's the same as a presidential election ballot,  but a package of mine was "on the truck" here in Austin for three days before it was delivered.

i've had a package stuck in california for 3 weeks.  fucking ridiculous. 

Wulaw made pages 97 and 98 possibly the dumbest pages I’ve ever read on shaggy/surly, and just to add to the pile on, he repeatedly showed he doesn’t even know how to spell masturbation correctly. The irony there considering his mental backflips that justify, I guess it is some kind of nihilism, would be funny if it weren’t so sad and alarming. Guess he’s tooling around America teaching his kids that voting isn’t important and doesn’t matter. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Wulaw is engaging in voter suppression tactics by disinformation.  He is carrying Trump's water in the past two pages. 

Hopefully nobody is dumb enough to read his bullshit and believe a word of it.

Edited by Tom
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

I hate the current political climate so badly. 

One comment on the value of a vote.  If you weren't born and raised in  the US you may not realize that getting to vote for candidates whether, your chosen ones or another, is not necessarily the case everywhere.  So assuming your vote doesn't matter is the equivalent of saying we might as well  be China, let the CCP pick our leadership, or any of  the Latin American countries in the 80s with their military dictatorships.  Voting matters.  Choosing not to vote says a lot about a person, mostly not good.  It's like one person not wearing a mask, in a lot of ways.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Y’all go easy on Wulaw. He went to law school on the mean streets of The Loop. Just look at all this plight he had to deal with:

BlueberryHillSidewalk.jpg

Live music. Coffee shops. Arthouse theaters. Retrofitted trolley service. The horror...

Wulaw is ... Jacob Wohl?

728C0AF3-7D99-4D8F-ADA0-21548D8DC77E.jpeg

Edited by Irieguy

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Y’all go easy on Wulaw. He went to law school on the mean streets of The Loop. Just look at all this plight he had to deal with:

Live music. Coffee shops. Arthouse theaters. Retrofitted trolley service. The horror...

That wasn’t where I lived bro. You really are fucking obtuse. The entire point, that you intentionally missed, was that the neighborhood I lived in and precinct I voted in were scary to poll watchers. And that’s a fact. Nelly wasn’t rapping that he was from an eclectic liberal hipster paradise when he said he was from the loop and proud. It was what I said it was when I lived there (checks watch- 21 years ago), lower middle class, predominantly black. 

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

Blueberry Hill is such a perfect St. Louis restaurant.  Everybody seems to think it's an amazing, walk-back-in-time one-of-a-kind joint, and it's essentially Chili's with different flair.

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

The Rudy Ray Moore sign is curious. Dolemite was 1994 hipster.  Or did that carousel go all the way around again?

1 minute ago, The Dog said:

Is it bad to piss off your biggest donor?

Trump pulled a Steve Patterson: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/08/trump-antagonizes-sheldon-adelson-phone-call-392688

That is something only someone as dumb as trump would do. Guy is just a fucking moron. Yeah let’s piss off our biggest donor. 

12 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

The Rudy Ray Moore sign is curious. Dolemite was 1994 hipster.  Or did that carousel go all the way around again?

It’s St. Louis. 1994 just happened there last week.

Edited by BrickHorn

That wasn’t where I lived bro. You really are fucking obtuse. The entire point, that you intentionally missed, was that the neighborhood I lived in and precinct I voted in were scary to poll watchers. And that’s a fact. Nelly wasn’t rapping that he was from an eclectic liberal hipster paradise when he said he was from the loop and proud. It was what I said it was when I lived there (checks watch- 21 years ago), lower middle class, predominantly black. 

So funny that this is the one thing in the thread that Wulaw attempts to correct. I guess try to fight battles you can win. 

• Like 1

I'm not exactly a knowledgeable consumer of rap and hiphop, but I do recall Nelly being pretty much a joke from day one.  Of course, "we" were excited that a local music artist had cracked the top 10 for the first time since . . . Head East?

2 hours ago, The Dog said:

Is it bad to piss off your biggest donor?

Trump pulled a Steve Patterson: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/08/trump-antagonizes-sheldon-adelson-phone-call-392688

I’ve been hoping Sheldon adelson would drop dead since 2014. 

we mainly lost the 2010 and 2014 midterms because of money problems. Adelson single handedly fucked us both cycles with his huge donations.