2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

15 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah, just another election y’all.

I hear the pussy ass Democrats called for a hearing w/ DeJoy....6 weeks from now. 

I'm convinced deep down the Dems (older ones still suffering trauma from the Reagan years) prefer being in this subservient role..

15 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Yeah, just another election y’all.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/08/trump-wants-to-cut-mail-in-voting-the-republican-machine-is-helping-him-392428

look at this. The orange retard is going all out to stop people from voting. Dictator like piece of shit. Fuck him.

whats with all the executive order talk lately? Didn’t Trump and the GOP constantly bitch about President Obama using executive orders to get things done? These people are fucking sick. I don’t know how anyone with morals or values votes GOP. They just don’t care.

16 hours ago, Tom said:

Wulaw is engaging in voter suppression tactics by disinformation.  He is carrying Trump's water in the past two pages. 

Hopefully nobody is dumb enough to read his bullshit and believe a word of it.

Just how many people do you think are on this bbs thinking man I was totally going to vote for Biden but after reading these brilliant posts from wulaw I’m just going to sit this thing out

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Just how many people do you think are on this bbs thinking man I was totally going to vote for Biden but after reading these brilliant posts from wulaw I’m just going to sit this thing out

Exactly. I’m not fucking voting for the Cheeto. I’m embarrassed by his presidency. I don’t give a damn what happens to him. I’m literally just talking about the idea that maybe, just maybe, this shit isn’t as important as people think it is. 

I worked for my congressman in DC one summer when I was at UT. I’ve been on campaigns for school board and state rep ( not me- but I’ve been officers on them). I used to follow the news. I haven’t done any of that on a long time and my life is better for it. 

I don’t care who votes for who. I’m just saying it’s not that big a deal- because that’s objective fact thy your vote won’t decide an election. 

also- if anyone was going to decide not to vote because of my arguments it would be a Trump person not voting. 

• Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I used to follow the news. I haven’t done any of that on a long time and my life is better for it. 

Well you might want to pick that back up again because everything is on fucking fire. 

ETA: and not in a “everything is annoying” way, but in a “no, seriously, holy fuck, we have never seen anything like this and shit is going to be irreparable” way. 

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well you might want to pick that back up again because everything is on fucking fire. 

ETA: and not in a “everything is annoying” way, but in a “no, seriously, holy fuck, we have never seen anything like this and shit is going to be irreparable” way. 

Have this same argument with my mom. You have to watch the news son. Me- why? What am I going to do about anything going on in the news?  Her- no good answer

me- yeah- so anyway... 

the entire thing is a conceit that any of us have any global affect on events. We are all cogs in the machine. 
that doesn’t lead me to nihilism because we can have profound effects on people in our day to day- but that shit isn’t governed on the news when I buy a guys groceries for him, or sponsor kids in Africa, or donate to the food bank, or help repair a house for an elderly person. 
you don’t need to watch the news to be cognizant of the fact that there’s all sorts of ways to act locally that can help out your neighbors and friends. The stuff that makes the news is too big and distant for me to affect in any tangible way. 

Just now, Irieguy said:

I think I’ll pass on taking life advice from somebody who doesn’t knows whether an RV is taller than a bridge overpass. 

Sure. You do you and I will do me. See that’s sort of the point though that I’m making isn’t it?  I’m not “suppressing” anyone’s vote other than my own. To think otherwise would be silly. 

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Have this same argument with my mom. You have to watch the news son. Me- why? What am I going to do about anything going on in the news?  Her- no good answer

me- yeah- so anyway... 

the entire thing is a conceit that any of us have any global affect on events. We are all cogs in the machine. 
that doesn’t lead me to nihilism because we can have profound effects on people in our day to day- but that shit isn’t governed on the news when I buy a guys groceries for him, or sponsor kids in Africa, or donate to the food bank, or help repair a house for an elderly person. 
you don’t need to watch the news to be cognizant of the fact that there’s all sorts of ways to act locally that can help out your neighbors and friends. The stuff that makes the news is too big and distant for me to affect in any tangible way. 

Oh. Well it is nihilism, and I’m actually 100% on board with that, as long as you don’t vote. If you choose to check out from the political process, more power to you. But you also aren’t then allowed to comment about it (and I know you haven’t much until lately). 

Seriously. Check out. I’m going to after this election as well, if Dotard “wins”. You are right in the sense that politics shouldn’t rule our lives. It sure as shit didn’t take up much space in my brain until 2016. I would love to go back to that. I also realized that a fucking game show host being elected meant something was profoundly wrong with us and I should maybe pay a bit more attention. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh. Well it is nihilism, and I’m actually 100% on board with that, as long as you don’t vote. If you choose to check out from the political process, more power to you. But you also aren’t then allowed to comment about it (and I know you haven’t much until lately). 

Seriously. Check out. I’m going to after this election as well, if Dotard “wins”. You are right in the sense that politics shouldn’t rule our lives. It sure as shit didn’t take up much space in my brain until 2016. I would love to go back to that. I also realized that a fucking game show host being elected meant something was profoundly wrong with us and I should maybe pay a bit more attention. 

I paid attention to all that shit up until 2016. Once he won the nomination I was like- yeah- this sucks. I have nowhere to go. Imma just gonna focus on being the best person I can be and doing whatever good I can in my sphere and not worry about shit I can’t control. 
And really, not worrying about shit you can’t control is the right life move imo. Not just politics. Everything. 

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I paid attention to all that shit up until 2016. Once he won the nomination I was like- yeah- this sucks. I have nowhere to go. Imma just gonna focus on being the best person I can be and doing whatever good I can in my sphere and not worry about shit I can’t control. 
And really, not worrying about shit you can’t control is the right life move imo. Not just politics. Everything. 
nihilism is believing that nothing matters at all and it’s all pointless. That’s not my belief. There’s a lot of stuff in life that can be influenced for good by my actions. Geopolitics isn’t one of those things. 

me- yeah- so anyway... 

Wow...a SECOND load of flaming horse shit stupidity from you.

No, I can’t fix the Beirut explosion...and yes, I can help individuals locally with direct help. But there’s a shitload in between that we can damned we’ll make a difference in. I have worked on issues that have directly influenced legislation. Professionally, I regularly work on questions and issues that have made an impact on literally millions of people. Sometimes in a big way, sometimes in a way they hardly notice. The Clean Water Act came about because of public action, and it’s made a tremendous difference.

Here’s how you make a big fucking difference - you fucking fight. You stick with it. You don’t go away.

You may have failed to accomplish anything within YOUR political party because it turns out that they are a deranged death cult. That doesn’t mean that we the people can’t accomplish anything - it means that we need to get those fuckers out of the way so we CAN. Yes, you are a nihilist.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

8 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

nihilism is believing that nothing matters at all and it’s all pointless. That’s not my belief. There’s a lot of stuff in life that can be influenced for good by my actions. Geopolitics isn’t one of those things. 

This seems like the opposite of just checking out. It’s more impactful than thousands of angsty message board posts.

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Imagine being so butthurt that your parties candidate is the worst thing that's ever happened in some aspects to this country and that being the thing that made you "give up on politics". What a fucking loser. 

And then embrace political nihilism as a justification. His mom is right but he’s too busy pretending nothing matters. 

Imagine being so butthurt that your parties candidate is the worst thing that's ever happened in some aspects to this country and that being the thing that made you "give up on politics". What a fucking loser. 

Particularly after being part of the reason for the problem. And, yes, if you worked to elevate the Christian Right in Republican politics, you absolutely paved the way for Trump.

Here’s a suggestion: if you’re going to be a political nihilist who won’t follow the news, get the fuck off the political board. Sell your “I’m above it all” bullshit somewhere else.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

Can you not?

Why shouldn’t she?

What he is espousing is textbook wealthy/white privilege.

The ability to check out and “only worry about my life and what I can do on a small scale” IS privileged.

And, not for nothing, it’s fucking selfish.

“Oh, I gave some old clothes to this lady who is collecting stuff for refugees! Maybe one of those caged kids will get my kids old Paw Patrol shirt! I’m doing my part. Plus I got a tax write off!”

Whatever.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Why shouldn’t she?

What he is espousing is textbook wealthy/white privilege.

The ability to check out and “only worry about my life and what I can do on a small scale” IS privileged.

And, not for nothing, it’s fucking selfish.

“Oh, I gave some old clothes to this lady who is collecting stuff for refugees! Maybe one of those caged kids will get my kids old Paw Patrol shirt! I’m doing my part. Plus I got a tax write off!”

Whatever.

I got confused somewhere.  But I agree.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

I know Wulaw claims to be a christian. Maybe he labels as such but he sure isn’t practicing what Jesus teaches.

Jesus had no expectation of his followers co-opting governmental power to implement his agenda. That actually sounds more like what his opponents expected out of him.

17 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Yeah, the whole "my vote doesn't matter anyway" is just a justification for shirking responsibility and an excuse for laziness.

Haven’t followed this whole conversation but I’ve come to the conclusion that not voting or voting for 3rd party “protest” candidates, is a sign of weakness. I regret that I voted Ross Perot in ‘92. I wanted to feel better about myself but I wasn’t mature enough to make a real decision between Bill and GHWB.

i understand that anyone can not like either choice. In fact I think most intelligent people have problems with both but you should decide who, of the two, is best for the country and/or best for you. Personally you should be the country above you, but I understand if someone wants to vote for their personal benefits. Both are valid.

This thread has been "Wulawed."  It's a common occurrence where he derails the whole point of the thread by talking about what he thinks about something completely irrelevant to the thread itself.  This thread is about the horse race of the general election.  I could give two fucks what Wulaw thinks about it but much internet ink has been wasted page after page of people arguing with him.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm not a campaign guru, but #DefundSocialSecurity seems like a pretty easy marketing blitz to aim at older voters.

The problem will be explaining the math.  Last I checked, SS income (taxes + interest) roughly balanced cash outflow (benefits + expenses).  However, the expectation is that SS will run at an increasing deficit over the next 15-20 years, at which point current reserves will be exhausted.

Kill off payroll taxes, and the fund will be dry in 3-4 years.  It's a non-starter, but voters won't understand it.

4 hours ago, formermav43 said:

This seems like the opposite of just checking out. It’s more impactful than thousands of angsty message board posts.

That’s my point exactly. Jesus even said it and I’ve got it deemed and hung in my office wall that worry and anxiety can’t add a single moment to your life so why do it?  If I can’t affect an outcome it doesn’t make my list of things to worry about. Everyone here is the same way or they’d be a perpetual basket case. We all just draw the line at a different place or nobody would be able to get out of bed in the morning. 

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m still trying to figure out how someone runs an RV into a bridge overpass. How is that even possible? 

Well, as I said I was following my wife, the bridge was under a hill, clearance at the front was much higher than clearance at the back, and I’m an idiot. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

This thread has been "Wulawed."  It's a common occurrence where he derails the whole point of the thread by talking about what he thinks about something completely irrelevant to the thread itself.  This thread is about the horse race of the general election.  I could give two fucks what Wulaw thinks about it but much internet ink has been wasted page after page of people arguing with him.

To be fair, there haven’t been any significant polls in a couple days. 

1 hour ago, formermav43 said:

Jesus had no expectation of his followers co-opting governmental power to implement his agenda. That actually sounds more like what his opponents expected out of him.

Yes indeed. But there’s nothing more important in contemporary society than anxiety filled message board posts and twitter mobs. It’s the only way of showing you are a good person, and completely obviates any need to act in your day to day life in a productive way. 
I mean, he just said we are to be of this world but that it’s not our home, and said we will always be a minority but let’s ignore all that as well. We aren’t supposed to let Caesar govern Caesars shit but rather pass legislation providing free cloaks for those without them- right?  That’s what it says I think. Form a PAC and control the government. 
I’m out on this because I’ve caused too much a digression here on this thread.if anyone is interested in talking about this on another thread I’m perfectly happy to do so- start it up and I will participate. My fault for causing a digression. 
 I will just leave it at this to get us back on target: Biden is going to win, bigly, regardless of what anyone on this board says or does. It’s at the point in time where it’s inevitable and unstoppable. Seriously, this election is over and has been since the moment the ‘Rona decimated the economy, removing the ONLY positive thing Trump had any ability to point to. 

• Fuck You 1

Worst case scenario for Joe

278 EV to 260

Realistic scenario for Joe

350 or so RV for him 190 or so for Trump

best case scenario for Joe

412 EV  

my bet would be putting the over under at 345 or so and betting the over (slightly) but yeah- this thing is beyond done, power will be turned over peacefully and democratically, and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over Trump refusing to leave the White House will be overwrought fever dreams that were never going to happen.

Most of y’all don’t seem to get this- this is a Democratic controller country at the national level now which we will look back at Trump as a bizarre last gasp of dead Enders.

the GOP had the White House from 1968-1993 with one fluky Carter term mixed in.  Dems are fixing to have the White House for a generation (2008 into the foreseeable future) with one fluky Trump term mixed in.

The only political question for the next generation will be how far left we go, as the electorate will stagger between a GOP senate to balance moves left and a DEM senate to break through gridlock, depending upon the mood of the country and the states in play during those senatorial elections.  

47 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

That’s my point exactly. Jesus even said it and I’ve got it deemed and hung in my office wall that worry and anxiety can’t add a single moment to your life so why do it?  If I can’t affect an outcome it doesn’t make my list of things to worry about.

Church-Propaganda-300x204.jpg

Yeah, what goes on in the world does not affect my church life.   Besides, the Women's Auxiliary brought strudel for after the sermon!

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

That's why you don't try to explain it.

"Donald Trump is defunding Social Security."

Where Democrats lose the average stupid modern American voter is in trying to explain things. Make them try to explain it.

"Oh that's not accurate, it is still funded for at least 3 years." See how that works out for them.

This..... it's an easy message.  Most voters don't understand the mechanisms.  You want to scare the shit out of Boomers in Ohio, Florida and Iowa.  Let them know they only have 3 years with their SS.... might as well go get COVID and Live La Vida Loca.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

That's why you don't try to explain it.

"Donald Trump is defunding Social Security."

Where Democrats lose the average stupid modern American voter is in trying to explain things. Make them try to explain it.

"Oh that's not accurate, it is still funded for at least 3 years." See how that works out for them.

The problem is that Trump will lie.  He will say "you are guaranteed to get the benefits proportional to what you have already paid in" or some such.  They will believe him.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Worst case scenario for Joe

278 EV to 260

Realistic scenario for Joe

350 or so RV for him 190 or so for Trump

best case scenario for Joe

412 EV  

my bet would be putting the over under at 345 or so and betting the over (slightly) but yeah- this thing is beyond done, power will be turned over peacefully and democratically, and all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over Trump refusing to leave the White House will be overwrought fever dreams that were never going to happen.

Most of y’all don’t seem to get this- this is a Democratic controller country at the national level now which we will look back at Trump as a bizarre last gasp of dead Enders.

the GOP had the White House from 1968-1993 with one fluky Carter term mixed in.  Dems are fixing to have the White House for a generation (2008 into the foreseeable future) with one fluky Trump term mixed in.

The only political question for the next generation will be how far left we go, as the electorate will stagger between a GOP senate to balance moves left and a DEM senate to break through gridlock, depending upon the mood of the country and the states in play during those senatorial elections.  

Wulaw is deluded in other areas(conflating worry with empathy) but I agree 100% with this. The cake is baked. I mostly read this thread to see how big the margin will be and speculate how that will affect downballot races.