2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

The problem is that Trump will lie.  He will say "you are guaranteed to get the benefits proportional to what you have already paid in" or some such.  They will believe him.

Of course he will, but that shouldn't matter. Keep saying he's defunding Social Security. 

Then when they run with that response go for the kill shot. 

"Donald Trump is defunding Social Security. He claims that those alive will still get the same benefits. If he is defunding the system but guaranteeing the same benefits then the only explanation is that he's planning for there to be fewer beneficiaries. *screen transitions to the number of age 65+ Americans killed by COVID*" 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Of course he will, but that shouldn't matter. Keep saying he's defunding Social Security. 

Then when they run with that response go for the kill shot. 

"Donald Trump is defunding Social Security. He claims that those alive will still get the same benefits. If he is defunding the system but guaranteeing the same benefits then the only explanation is that he's planning for there to be fewer beneficiaries. *screen transitions to the number of age 65+ Americans killed by COVID*" 

Obviously the Democrat play is to try to sway some olds to vote Biden instead of Trump.  That's a tough sell.  What concerns me more is younger voters who are thrilled with the idea of not having to pay into SS, which has been a running theme for decades.

This is not a slam dunk.

50 minutes ago, Mapache said:

I mean, this morning's front page of the NYT features an article about how everyone is already preparing for the inevitable legal battles the election will ignite, intelligence is already publicly stating that Russia is actively interfering in similar ways to 2016, the president is already trying to delegitimize the election that hasn't happened yet, etc.

So I'm not sure why this guy thinks he's the only one; pretty much everyone has that feeling.

Edited by Hank Chinaski

Why must we have a million articles about why Trump supporters continue to support Trump? With the recent surge of polling leaning Biden, there should be more articles about people who plan to switch, Indy's who picked a side, or even conservatives who are making the choice to not vote. 

The NYT in particular does this after every big Trump scandal, they'll go ask Trump supporters why after (insert shitty thing) these people keep supporting Trump. They've supported him for years! They're never going to change their minds!

40 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

From the article:

“I do not love Trump. I think Trump is good for America as a country. I think Trump is going to restore our freedoms, where we spent eight years, if not more, with our freedoms slowly being taken away under the guise of giving freedoms to all,” she said. “Caucasian-Americans are becoming a minority. Rapidly.” 

She explained what she meant. “If you are a hard-working Caucasian-American, your rights are being limited because you are seen as against all the races or against women,” she said. “Or there are people who think that because we have conservative values and we value the family and I value submitting to my husband, I must be against women’s rights.”

Her voice grew strong. “I would say it takes a stronger woman to submit to a man than to want to rule over him. And I would argue that point to the death,” she said.

She felt freer as she spoke. “Mike Pence is a wonderful gentleman,” she said. “This is probably a very bad analogy, but I’d say he is like the very supportive, submissive wife to Trump. He does the hard work, and the husband gets the glory.”

1 hour ago, Mapache said:

I've been saying this for at least a year and everyone acted like I was crazy.  I was assured that we've always had a peaceful transition of power and January of 2021 would be no different.

First of all, Trump and Co are going to steal this election.  They're going to, and no one will stop them.  And if they can't manage to do that, they can certainly tie up the results in the courts for months, maybe years.  I can't think of any amount of money I'd be comfortable wagering that Joe Biden gets sworn in on the next scheduled Inauguration Day.

A massive clusterfuck is coming.  The only question is which kind.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

“Mike Pence is a wonderful gentleman,” she said. “This is probably a very bad analogy, but I’d say he is like the very supportive, submissive wife to Trump. He does the hard work, and the husband gets the glory.”

Actually, that's a great analogy.

• Hook 'Em 1

Trump will use any tactic to try and engineer a victory in an election he cannot win legitimately.  I don’t have any doubt of that.  And I can’t say I have any confidence that anyone in a position to thwart his attempts will have the cojones to do so.  Neither Nancy Pelosi or Mitt Romney is going to leap from the shadows to take him out like Arya did the Night King.

It has always been up to the American people and whether they are willing to accept the end of their democracy.  Trump is going to Trump.  What are We The People going to do when he does?

13 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

“I’m just going to check out and ignore it because my team sucks, so who cares! My vote doesn’t matter and I’m a rich white dude who can afford to joke about destroying something worth hundreds of thousands dollars, so obvi I’ll be fine no matter what!”

Man, fuck all the way off.

Women, brown people, black people, LGBTQ people, and countless “others” don’t have your fucking luxury.

Those folks are in actual serious danger.

Kids in cages
America’s diminishing power on the global stage leaving a power vacuum for China and Russia
The absolute decimation of necessary government agencies and regulations
THE CONSTITUTION
The rule of law

And hundreds of other important issues will be forever damaged if not completely destroyed with four more years of this monster in office.

And I’m not even getting into what the continuation of this leadership means for this pandemic.

I know Wulaw claims to be a christian. Maybe he labels as such but he sure isn’t practicing what Jesus teaches.

Where does Jesus tell us to vote?

Their plan is to make enough chaos where ppl don’t give a shit and they will just declare themselves victorious and it will work. The republicans will cheer for it and it will be over. The Supreme Court will agree and there is nothing that will be done 

19 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

The problem will be explaining the math.  Last I checked, SS income (taxes + interest) roughly balanced cash outflow (benefits + expenses).  However, the expectation is that SS will run at an increasing deficit over the next 15-20 years, at which point current reserves will be exhausted.

Kill off payroll taxes, and the fund will be dry in 3-4 years.  It's a non-starter, but voters won't understand it.

His covid response kills off the olds a healthy chunk of the almost-olds, thereby offsetting his tax cut.  4D chess.  

11 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

From the article:

“I do not love Trump. I think Trump is good for America as a country. I think Trump is going to restore our freedoms, where we spent eight years, if not more, with our freedoms slowly being taken away under the guise of giving freedoms to all,” she said. “Caucasian-Americans are becoming a minority. Rapidly.” 

She explained what she meant. “If you are a hard-working Caucasian-American, your rights are being limited because you are seen as against all the races or against women,” she said. “Or there are people who think that because we have conservative values and we value the family and I value submitting to my husband, I must be against women’s rights.”

Her voice grew strong. “I would say it takes a stronger woman to submit to a man than to want to rule over him. And I would argue that point to the death,” she said.

She felt freer as she spoke. “Mike Pence is a wonderful gentleman,” she said. “This is probably a very bad analogy, but I’d say he is like the very supportive, submissive wife to Trump. He does the hard work, and the husband gets the glory.”

5 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Putting aside the whole white supremacy thing, what a fascinating look at how that woman is so obviously insecure and bitter about being subservient to her husband.  But rather than be self-critical, of course we have to play it as she’s doing it all out of righteousness and everyone else should be like her.

I was taken by the "we value the family" statement juxtaposed to "we have conservative values". What a crock.

I still don't know, after all this time listening to the giant megaphone for hate called the President of the United States, what rights exactly of white people are being taken away?  

Obama was President just 1,299 days ago, barely 3.5 years ago.  What exactly could you not do then that Trump has since restored back to you?  And you can't say vague, untrue shit like, "He's kept our rights to own guns."  or "He's kept out the Mexicans"...it has to be some constitutional right restored back to you in the last 1,300 days that had previously been taken away because you are white.  

13 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

From the article:

BQzNBSv.gif

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

I still don't know, after all this time listening to the giant megaphone for hate called the President of the United States, what rights exactly of white people are being taken away?  

Not specific to whites, but they'd probably argue he took away or fought to take their "rights" to discriminate based on "religious liberty grounds" against gays, as well as women seeking employee-sponsored insurance coverage for reproductive services. 

Edited by bolverk
Doing so as a black Muslim Kenyan was the icing on the cake.

https://www.dni.gov/index.php/newsroom/press-releases/item/2139-statement-by-ncsc-director-william-evanina-election-threat-update-for-the-american-public

Statement by NCSC Director William Evanina: Election Threat Update for the American Public

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ODNI News Release No. 29-20

August 7, 2020

Statement by NCSC Director William Evanina: Election Threat Update for the American Public

On July 24, 2020, I issued a statement to the American public providing an unclassified overview of foreign threats to the 2020 election and offering basic steps to mitigate some of these threats. At that time, I pledged that the U.S. Intelligence Community (IC) would continue to update the American public and other key stakeholders on the evolving election threat landscape, while also safeguarding our intelligence sources and methods.

Today, we are making good on that promise by sharing additional information with the public on the intentions and activities of our adversaries with respect to the 2020 election. This information is being released for the purpose of better informing Americans so they can play a critical role in safeguarding our election. Below is the latest public update:

------------------------

Ahead of the 2020 U.S. elections, foreign states will continue to use covert and overt influence measures in their attempts to sway U.S. voters’ preferences and perspectives, shift U.S. policies, increase discord in the United States, and undermine the American people’s confidence in our democratic process. They may also seek to compromise our election infrastructure for a range of possible purposes, such as interfering with the voting process, stealing sensitive data, or calling into question the validity of the election results. However, it would be difficult for our adversaries to interfere with or manipulate voting results at scale.

Many foreign actors have a preference for who wins the election, which they express through a range of overt and private statements; covert influence efforts are rarer. We are primarily concerned about the ongoing and potential activity by China, Russia, and Iran.

• CHINA – We assess that China prefers that President Trump – whom Beijing sees as unpredictable – does not win reelection. China has been expanding its influence efforts ahead of November 2020 to shape the policy environment in the United States, pressure political figures it views as opposed to China’s interests, and deflect and counter criticism of China. Although China will continue to weigh the risks and benefits of aggressive action, its public rhetoric over the past few months has grown increasingly critical of the current Administration’s COVID-19 response, closure of China’s Houston Consulate, and actions on other issues. For example, it has harshly criticized the Administration’s statements and actions on Hong Kong, TikTok, the legal status of the South China Sea, and China’s efforts to dominate the 5G market. Beijing recognizes that all of these efforts might affect the presidential race.

• RUSSIA – We assess that Russia is using a range of measures to primarily denigrate former Vice President Biden and what it sees as an anti-Russia “establishment.” This is consistent with Moscow’s public criticism of him when he was Vice President for his role in the Obama Administration’s policies on Ukraine and its support for the anti-Putin opposition inside Russia. For example, pro-Russia Ukrainian parliamentarian Andriy Derkach is spreading claims about corruption – including through publicizing leaked phone calls – to undermine former Vice President Biden’s candidacy and the Democratic Party. Some Kremlin-linked actors are also seeking to boost President Trump’s candidacy on social media and Russian television.

• IRAN – We assess that Iran seeks to undermine U.S. democratic institutions, President Trump, and to divide the country in advance of the 2020 elections. Iran’s efforts along these lines probably will focus on on-line influence, such as spreading disinformation on social media and recirculating anti-U.S. content. Tehran’s motivation to conduct such activities is, in part, driven by a perception that President Trump’s reelection would result in a continuation of U.S. pressure on Iran in an effort to foment regime change.

------------------------

The intelligence assessments above represent the most current, accurate, and objective election threat information the IC has to offer in an unclassified setting at this time.  Providing objective intelligence analysis is the solemn duty of the men and women of the IC, who work day and night around the world, often at great personal risk, to safeguard our nation.

The IC also recognizes there will continue to be demand for more information as the election approaches. The IC has and will continue to provide classified election threat briefings to the presidential campaigns, political committees and all Members of Congress. We have provided nearly 20 classified election threat briefings to these stakeholders since mid-May 2020. We will also keep providing updates to the American public, consistent with our national security obligations. The steps we have taken thus far to inform the public and other stakeholders on election threats are unprecedented for the IC.

Aside from sharing information, let me assure you that the IC is also doing everything in its power to combat both cyber and influence efforts targeting our electoral process and continues to support DHS and FBI in their critical roles safeguarding the election. As I emphasized in my July 24, 2020 public statement, we are all in this together as Americans. Our election should be our own. Foreign efforts to influence or interfere with our elections are a direct threat to the fabric of our democracy. For more information on election participation, understanding foreign influence and disinformation, and ways in which the U.S. Government is working to secure the 2020 election, we encourage Americans to visit the following websites:

# # #

Published in Press Releases 2020

So polling indicates Nebraska’s first district which Trump won by 21% in 16 is in play. Could give Biden 2 EV. District is basically Lincoln+Offut AFB and SE corner of the state. If it breaks blue, the second district will be a lock for Biden.

That would be staggering. Here’s to hoping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://news.yahoo.com/boycotted-criticized-fox-news-leads-162105729.html

it makes me sick how popular Fox News is. What’s wrong with people?
This country went to war with itself over slavery about 150 years ago... and pretty much didn't believe in human rights for women and coloreds 65 years ago. Many of those people and their children are still alive. So, yeah...Fox News is just a blip.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Royalfan5 said:

So polling indicates Nebraska’s first district which Trump won by 21% in 16 is in play. Could give Biden 2 EV. District is basically Lincoln+Offut AFB and SE corner of the state. If it breaks blue, the second district will be a lock for Biden.

If Trump+21 counties from 2016 go blue, Biden is going to win by 250 electoral votes.

Edited by BradInATX

23 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Walking around my Lake Highlands neighborhood - the one that probably kept Pete Sessions in the race in 2018.   Trump/Pence signs outnumber the Biden ones by about 3-1.

I hate people.

I haven’t seen a single one in mine.  One of my neighbors had a Beto sign a few years ago but have since moved.  

4 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Yikes. 

So is Silver going to actually publish a model this year or just continue to be a drama queen?  In 2016 it launched on June 29.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

If Trump+21 counties from 2016 go blue, Biden is going to win by 250 electoral votes.

Yeah dude- that’s not exactly a stretch and he doesn’t have to lose Neb 1 to make that happen. That’s 390-140 ish. That’s well within my scenario that I put up there 

Anecdotal from being on the road in rural areas for the last 2 months on the signs:

100-1 Trump signs. Easily. My wife keeps saying- see- he’s going to win this election (she’s a dem- so she says that with massive fright) and I’m like no- the cities are going to go 95-5 against him and the suburbs 60-40 against and there’s not a ton of votes out in the sticks. The yard sign game is amazing out in bfe. 

Just now, tantric superman said:

In fairness, there are only two biden signs and around 6 trump signs. 

Ha. I’ve seen 2 Biden signs (like I said- no cities or burbs). On in Virginia and one in PA. 
Let’s just say the Trump stuff in ND right now outnumbers Biden by a fair bit. 
what’s amazing is they all think he’s going to win. My mom and dad and brother keep wanting to up the bet for the election with me (they all have Trump winning in a monster easy victory). I talked to a couple of people on the road and I’m like- you know he’s going to lose and lose big, right?  And they just have this perplexed look on their face like who would think he’s going to lose. 
It’s amazing. 

28 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Ha. I’ve seen 2 Biden signs (like I said- no cities or burbs). On in Virginia and one in PA. 
Let’s just say the Trump stuff in ND right now outnumbers Biden by a fair bit. 
what’s amazing is they all think he’s going to win. My mom and dad and brother keep wanting to up the bet for the election with me (they all have Trump winning in a monster easy victory). I talked to a couple of people on the road and I’m like- you know he’s going to lose and lose big, right?  And they just have this perplexed look on their face like who would think he’s going to lose. 
It’s amazing. 

This is why he’s ginning up the rigged election cries. His cult thinks that is the only way he can lose. Different realities. Well, one reality, one lunatic fantasy land. 

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is why he’s ginning up the rigged election cries. His cult thinks that is the only way he can lose. Different realities. Well, one reality, one lunatic fantasy land. 

It’s amazing. Total perspective vortex. I think there’s a path forward for him where he wins a Texas fairly easily (4-5 points) holds onto GA, IA and OH and only loses like 350-190 but that’s his best side of plausible right now. 
these fools be talking about him winning places like Washington bc of the Chaz.