2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

39 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/08/13/college-football-coronavirus-maga-394505

college football now too...... really? Fucking really?

this asshole is politicizing everything and it’s driving me crazy. Everywhere you turn there is this fat orange fuck trying to rig this or influence that. I just wish he would go away ASAP. I can’t stand him. Damn. He’s such a loser.

When every issue of meaning and substance is depoliticized and removed from the ken of politics, this is what you get.  

• Fuck You 1

44 minutes ago, kevwun said:

And the half measures taken during Reconstruction have got us on the road to another one.

Should have not appeased the southerners and took away voting rights from freed slaves nor allowed them to build monuments to traitors and rewrite history as though they were innocent souls longing for the freedom to decide their own lifestyle only to have the aggressive northerners use their economic advantages to manipulate the poor folks down south forcing their hand.  

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Honestly, and this sounds crazy, there needs to be some kind of grassroots progressive movement in the GOP once Trump is gone.  There are plenty of popular progressive reform ideas that appeal to conservatives.  Anti-corruption legislation, anti-trust, wealth tax, decriminalization of weed, cut military spending. No reason there can’t be fearless advocates for these ideas on the right. The current iteration of the GOP must be burned to the ground first tho. Fox News/conservative corporate media will still be the biggest road block sadly. 

Not one of those things appeals to conservatives. They may pay lip service to the first.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, High Plains Drifter said:

Not one of those things appeals to conservatives. They may pay lip service to the first.

The word “conservative” has no meaning anymore so let me make it more simple: The right needs to elevate better people in it for the right reasons advocating for good ideas on behalf of their voters. Radical shit here I know. 

2 hours ago, tantric superman said:

So much noise. 

I'm voting on three issues.

1) Who will be better addressing environmental issues?

2) Who will be better addressing nuclear proliferation?

3) Who will more readily address the issues of technology and it's effect on the mass unemployment and displacement.

So much shit to address on the existential front to worry about all the other details.

wait, why don't you just vote for one issue:
1) who is not a racist piece of shit?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Should have not appeased the southerners and took away voting rights from freed slaves nor allowed them to build monuments to traitors and rewrite history as though they were innocent souls longing for the freedom to decide their own lifestyle only to have the aggressive northerners use their economic advantages to manipulate the poor folks down south forcing their hand.  

Nor broken the promise of 40 acres and a mule. That alone would've provided freed persons to have a much greater degree of economic independence. Instead, they ended up becoming indebted sharecroppers and the rural population was only "free" in name only.

Brisket thinks armed resistance is the way to save America. He’s wrong. A civil war would be like pushing Humpty Dumpty off the wall. The US will shatter into numerous weaker, poorer pieces, never to be put back together again. And a shitload of people will die in the process.
If it comes to civil war, the US is done. We should be doing everything we can to get Trump out of office peacefully and to start unfucking the country without bloodshed.
I don't think there'd be a full blown civil war in any circumstance. Do you think the SEC would even want to conquer the northeast or pac 12, or vice versa? A messy divorce maybe, but I'm not even sure the sides see one another as worth fighting for at this point.

If it came to that, I'd rather help minorities escape then peace out to thr west coast than take up arms to put down the red interior of the country. I'm not dying for Missouri or some shit. I don't think bubba trumper is dying for Santa Barbara.
  • Hook 'Em 2

The Axis of Idiots:

For the absolute pinnacle of human stupidity, look no further than America. Britain and Australia at least have some semblance of healthcare and retirement and affordable education. Americans have none. Hence, American life has imploded. The middle class is now a rapidly shrinking minority. Half of Americans work low-income jobs. 80% live paycheck to paycheck and 70% can’t afford a few hundred dollars for an emergency.

America’s become the world’s first poor rich country — but only because Americans have voted, over and over again, for decades now, to destroy their own society.

Would you like…healthcare? No! How about a pension? Never! Uhh…retirement? Forget it! What the? The world’s baffled by all this. Who on earth chooses a worse life — the worst possible life on offer — over and over again? The answer is: Americans.

Hence, the American Idiot has become the stuff of global legend. He’ll proudly carry a gun to Starbucks — and make his kids do “active shooter drills.” He’ll beg strangers for pennies online to pay for medicine — but deny himself decent healthcare. He’s furious about not having decent economic outcomes his whole life long — but he’s the one that’s voted against everything from unions to pensions.

That’s idiocy. Being the agent of your own self-destruction.

https://eand.co/america-and-the-axis-of-idiots-25a86ed4a421

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

Duh.

Thus, "The Ledge."

It's not that we're being destroyed....it's that we're gleefully doing it to ourselves, and when anyone has the temerity to suggest "hey....maybe stop with the self-destructive stuff, and try something that's good for people?"....the reaction is violently angry, condemning the speaker as an evil commie who wants to take our freedoms and our suburbs and windows and shower heads and meat and blah blah blah.  

We are dedicated to our self-destruction with a single-minded passion that would be INCREDIBLE....if it was aimed at doing something good.

It will not get better.  There is nobody coming to save us.  Our only hope is "us," but Pogo was dead-fucking right.  And we are the one enemy that we have no chance of defeating.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Duh.

Thus, "The Ledge."

It's not that we're being destroyed....it's that we're gleefully doing it to ourselves, and when anyone has the temerity to suggest "hey....maybe stop with the self-destructive stuff, and try something that's good for people?"....the reaction is violently angry, condemning the speaker as an evil commie who wants to take our freedoms and our suburbs and windows and shower heads and meat and blah blah blah.  

We are dedicated to our self-destruction with a single-minded passion that would be INCREDIBLE....if it was aimed at doing something good.

It will not get better.  There is nobody coming to save us.  Our only hope is "us," but Pogo was dead-fucking right.  And we are the one enemy that we have no chance of defeating.

God dammit Brisket.  I am supposed to take the night off drinking tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maninblack said:

This has become the battle of the Clinton's vs the Trumps.

One creepy pedo dude that wants to be liked vs another and a completely soulless woman willing to do anything for power mixed in.

Congrats voters bwahahahahahah

Did you just come out of a time machine and forget to check the headlines?

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If you think that's not the endgame here, you haven't been paying attention.

You're not going to find me arguing that their endgame involves something else. I'm just trying to avoid the sun right now so I don't fail the pigment test. Eh who am I kidding, I'd still fail it.

5 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Me reading your comment: I mean, that's a high bar. Everyone still jokes about that. It can't be that bad.

Narrator: It was that bad.

Worse. 

Dog Whistle Racism = mispronunciation of her name so it rhymes   impala (African plains prey animal) and/or a Chevy Impala (and its association with hip hop culture to "scared" America). 

And the message - directly into midwest Trump America: to cut out red meat. 

What's wrong with the so-called Alt-Right intelligence? 

Where's the Meat:

Edited by washparkhorn
stet

6 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

Worse. 

Dog Whistle Racism = mispronunciation of her name so it rhymes   impala (African plains prey animal) and/or a Chevy Impala (and its association with hip hop culture to "scared" America). 

And the message - directly into midwest Trump America: to cut out red meat. 

Not defending Pence’s silly comments in general, but that seems like a huge stretch.  

I know how her name is pronounced, and I still have to really think about it each time. My natural tendency is to say it the way Pence did. And it’s not because of any convoluted connections to impalas. It’s because the only time I’d ever commonly seen or heard the name “Kamala” before it was pronounced that way, and it was when I was a kid, so it’s stuck in the brain.

D927F9EA-2C2A-4DA8-B101-38BC24CFBC8E.thumb.jpeg.842b91c2ee0f351adcce39bbff288d81.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Not defending Pence’s silly comments in general, but that seems like a huge stretch.  

I know how her name is pronounced, and I still have to really think about it each time. My natural tendency is to say it the way Pence did. And it’s not because of any convoluted connections to impalas. It’s because the only time I’d ever commonly seen or heard the name “Kamala” before it was pronounced that way, and it was when I was a kid, so it’s stuck in the brain.

D927F9EA-2C2A-4DA8-B101-38BC24CFBC8E.thumb.jpeg.842b91c2ee0f351adcce39bbff288d81.jpeg

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Pence probably wasn't watching wrestling as a kid. I have the same brain wiring about her name even without watching wrestling, but the second I heard how it was supposed to be pronounced I corrected myself.  For him to do it to his election opponent, now, is intentional.  Its just another petty way to remind people that she isn't named Sally, or Mary, shes one of "them."  

I have no idea why he said it that way, the dog whistle racism thing does seem like a stretch, but Mike Pence, VP of the United States and President of the US Senate, knows how to pronounce the name of a prominent senator. Don't kid yourself there.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:
13 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Read more  

I have no idea why he said it that way, the dog whistle racism thing does seem like a stretch, but Mike Pence, VP of the United States and President of the US Senate, knows how to pronounce the name of a prominent senator. Don't kid yourself there.

Oh, agreed. Not disputing that.

47 minutes ago, TXSG8R said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Pence probably wasn't watching wrestling as a kid. I have the same brain wiring about her name even without watching wrestling, but the second I heard how it was supposed to be pronounced I corrected myself.  For him to do it to his election opponent, now, is intentional.  Its just another petty way to remind people that she isn't named Sally, or Mary, shes one of "them."  

I'm sorry. I believe a better argument is that Pence wasn't watching wrestling when Kamala was active. Pence is pretty old. 

But to sit here and attempt to say you find in unlikely that a young Mike Pence wasn't watching oiled up, sweaty, greasy men grapple and touch each other, sometimes for over an hour at a time. Well. Shit man, I don't think you really understand Mike Pence. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm sorry. I believe a better argument is that Pence wasn't watching wrestling when Kamala was active. Pence is pretty old. 

But to sit here and attempt to say you find in unlikely that a young Mike Pence wasn't watching oiled up, sweaty, greasy men grapple and touch each other, sometimes for over an hour at a time. Well. Shit man, I don't think you really understand Mike Pence. 

Agents Of Shield Marvel GIF by ABC Network

53 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Anyone have a recap? I refuse to watch Hannity

Essentially Barr is promising to have the investigation completed before the 2020 election and to release the findings (want to take a guess on whether Biden's name will be prominent in Barr's report?)

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barr-durham-report-development-friday-election-timing

There will be "a development" Friday in Connecticut U.S. Attorney John Durham's investigation into the origins of the Russia investigation, Attorney General William Barr told Fox News' Sean Hannity in an exclusive interview Thursday.

Barr said that the development would not be "earth-shattering," but would be "an indication that things are moving along at the proper pace as dictated by the facts in this investigation."

"There are two different things going on, Sean," Barr said. "I said the American people need to know what actually happened, we need to get the story of what happened in 2016 and '17 out. That will be done.

Edited by Hiphopopotamos

16 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Duh.

Thus, "The Ledge."

I don't think the people in charge view what they are doing as being self-destructive.  You could convincingly argue that the administration's policies have made the recession worse and will make it harder for the economy to recover, but these people don't care that much about "growing the pie" anymore as much as they care about maximizing their class' share of the pie.  With that goal in mind, things have been going exceedingly well.  In fact, growing the pie can be dangerous to their interests if the rewards are distributed equitably throughout society.

Rule of thumb - particular people can be stupid (Trump is obviously a fucking moron) but generally administrations are not stupid even if you don't really like the people in them.  If you think they are behaving stupidly, then you probably don't understand what they are trying to do.

Edited by Fozzz
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Fozzz said:

I don't think the people in charge view what they are doing as being self-destructive.  You could convincingly argue that the administration's policies have made the recession worse and will make it harder for the economy to recover, but these people don't care that much about "growing the pie" anymore as much as they care about maximizing their class' share of the pie.  With that goal in mind, things have been going exceedingly well.  

Rule of thumb - particular people can be stupid (Trump is obviously a fucking moron) but generally administrations are not stupid even if you don't really like the people in them.  If you think they are behaving stupidly, then you probably don't understand what they are trying to do.

Do I think the people at top manipulating the idiots are stupid?  Absolutely not.  They are malevolent.....and their short-sightedness is ultimately stupid, but it's an understandable stupidity.

The stupidity belongs to the 95%, and the huge swath that continues to fight like the devil against any policy that would improve their lot, and fight like hell to preserve policies and structures that are presently ass-raping them.....and they do so by being manipulated by the oldest tool in the book: an us v. them mentality.  Supporting anything that causes "sweet lib tears," or opposing anything that could be characterized as benefiting minorities, is utterly self-destructive.

Again, the SNL Black Jeopardy skit is perfect satire.  The white working class guy and the black contestants have 95% of their lives and situation in common.  They should be huge political allies, yet they haven't been this divided since the peak of violence in the 60s civil rights struggle.  Which is just how the not-stupid people at the top want it.

38 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Do I think the people at top manipulating the idiots are stupid?  Absolutely not.  They are malevolent.....and their short-sightedness is ultimately stupid, but it's an understandable stupidity.

The stupidity belongs to the 95%, and the huge swath that continues to fight like the devil against any policy that would improve their lot, and fight like hell to preserve policies and structures that are presently ass-raping them.....and they do so by being manipulated by the oldest tool in the book: an us v. them mentality.  Supporting anything that causes "sweet lib tears," or opposing anything that could be characterized as benefiting minorities, is utterly self-destructive.

Again, the SNL Black Jeopardy skit is perfect satire.  The white working class guy and the black contestants have 95% of their lives and situation in common.  They should be huge political allies, yet they haven't been this divided since the peak of violence in the 60s civil rights struggle.  Which is just how the not-stupid people at the top want it.

Ordinary Americans are massive cucks but that is due to historical forces to which they have been subjected, it's not in their DNA or anything to be fucking retards.  I think you would benefit from reading Gramsci - the US is the exemplar of the power of cultural hegemony. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Ordinary Americans are massive cucks but that is due to historical forces to which they have been subjected, it's not in their DNA or anything to be fucking retards.  I think you would benefit from reading Gramsci - the US is the exemplar of the power of cultural hegemony. 

Cultural hegemony is exactly that of which I spoke.  We're getting played, but we have a fucking role and culpability in ALLOWING ourselves to be played.  We should stop doing that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1