2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Dropped off a kid at a friends in an affluent area, in 2016 it was all Trump signs in yard. This year almost zero signs. 

The one house with a Trump sign, his neighbor has a Biden Harris sign right next to it, in obvious answer to the Trumps belligerence and it’s hilarious and glorious. I’m sure there is no love lost in their neighborly relationship!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Had my first Biden sign stolen out of my yard today while I was at the store.    Wonder how pissed they were when I put a new one out within an hour of them swiping the first.   I hope they keep coming.  I have about 40 more to go.  Cowardly fucks.   Had two Beto signs destroyed in 18.

I personally have an issue with the “negative” yard signs like all of the “ NOPE” and “ nobama” signs in 2012. I don’t mind people putting out signs supporting their candidates in a non-offensive way tho. I wish there was something people could put on their yard signs that would hurt assholes who try to steal them and make them think twice about doing it again.

9 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Just received this.

29C7CC16-1D38-429F-91B1-640E8FEB259F.jpeg

If I got this, I would play along and act all panicked like they want me to be. Would contact local law enforcement, AG Paxton, senators and reps -- and tell them I'm terrified that my home will be attacked, and this message specifically told me it would happen. Act like a naive old, and force them to walk me through it until they have to admit "no it's just politics." Me: "I don't understand. I've never had anyone tell me before my home was going to be attacked."  "Well you see, um, it's...just.... a LIE...to, um, .....get you to vote for Trump" 

8 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Pubs have a significant built in advantage since their base is uneducated , low IQ, lack critical thinking skills and easily frightened/manipulated.  Even the ones that understand it’s BS are ethically challenged as to not be offended at such transparent shittery.   Just imagine how easy your job would be if your clientele had purchasing power, but lacked any ability to analyze your sales pitch.

Trump barely won high school dropouts in 2016. Obama dominated them in 2008 and 2012. The high school dropout is the best proxy for low IQ etc that you are talking about here since we obviously can’t exit poll for IQ. 
This study from Harvard might be interesting for anyone who actually has an open mind about who votes for who (hint- it doesn’t correlate to what you say)

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/ajps.12409

Historically the GOP has had college or some college voters as their fire wall in the suburbs and the Dems have dominated high school dropout and post grad degrees, with high school graduate being a category that swings back and forth. Trump is a one man realignment wrecking ball- we will see if that’s permanent or if the old GOP base comes back after that clown is gone, but you didn’t say trump you said GOP, acted as if this was an inherent and historical thing (it’s neither). I certainly don’t want to see Trumpism continue in the GOP and hope it gets stamped out this election. The damage will be interesting to study and behold. 

edit to add- it’s a really bad coalition for the GOP go try to win with if they can’t peel off any more minority votes than they currently do. If you want to win by ignoring the top quintile and leveraging working class whites for all they are worth, splitting them from minority voters and ceding higher education attainment levels and upper 2 quintile earners is a bad plan. 
Also, when you don’t do any of this by policy but rather by racial grievance it’s really bad juju for the country, which we are seeing right now, obviously. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

9 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Trump barely won high school dropouts in 2016. Obama dominated them in 2008 and 2012. The high school dropout is the best proxy for low IQ etc that you are talking about here since we obviously can’t exit poll for IQ. 
This study from Harvard might be interesting for anyone who actually has an open mind about who votes for who (hint- it doesn’t correlate to what you say)

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/ajps.12409

Historically the GOP has had college or some college voters as their fire wall in the suburbs and the Dems have dominated high school dropout and post grad degrees, with high school graduate being a category that swings back and forth. Trump is a one man realignment wrecking ball- we will see if that’s permanent or if the old GOP base comes back after that clown is gone, but you didn’t say trump you said GOP, acted as if this was an inherent and historical thing (it’s neither). I certainly don’t want to see Trumpism continue in the GOP and hope it gets stamped out this election. The damage will be interesting to study and behold. 

Thanks for the link...a couple of things:

(1) On what are you basing the suggestion that HS dropout rate is the best proxy for low IQ? This wasn't suggested by the linked abstract. I would imagine that there are stronger associations between HS dropout rate and poverty and other social variables than actual IQ, but that is a guess. 

(2) You are drawing a distinction between "Trumpism" and the historical GOP, and that is fair...but it assumes that there is currently a distinction. Trumpism is the mainstream GOP right now, and it appeals to some who may not have fit the pre-Trump GOP demographic. 

11 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Had my first Biden sign stolen out of my yard today while I was at the store.    Wonder how pissed they were when I put a new one out within an hour of them swiping the first.   I hope they keep coming.  I have about 40 more to go.  Cowardly fucks.   Had two Beto signs destroyed in 18.

Buy some capsaicin hot pepper wax spray and spray the sign.  They will be in for a treat when they wipe their eyes or take a piss.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Buy some capsaicin hot pepper wax spray and spray the sign.  They will be in for a treat when they wipe their eyes or take a piss.

In this society?  No way.  He'd get sued.  "You damaged my eyesight when I stole your property", and it would probably win.

If you're going with motion activated, add something that sounds like a car alarm when activated. Lot of heads will poke out doors if they think their car is being burgled. When I was long distance running, one of my go to unleashed dog getaways was to hop on the hood of a car which sets off the alarm. No one cares if a little gal is getting attacked by a dog, but mess with their wheels and they get crazy.

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Thanks for the link...a couple of things:

(1) On what are you basing the suggestion that HS dropout rate is the best proxy for low IQ? This wasn't suggested by the linked abstract. I would imagine that there are stronger associations between HS dropout rate and poverty and other social variables than actual IQ, but that is a guess. 

(2) You are drawing a distinction between "Trumpism" and the historical GOP, and that is fair...but it assumes that there is currently a distinction. Trumpism is the mainstream GOP right now, and it appeals to some who may not have fit the pre-Trump GOP demographic. 

As to #2 absolutely a fair point you made. If you see what I responded to he made it seem like the GOP has lived on the dumbest amongst us as a historical thing- I’m pushing back against that. 

as to point 1 I pulled it out of my ass. We obviously can’t exit poll for IQ so use something as a proxy. Educational attainment made most sense to me. If you want to use poverty ok- I think that might be even uglier as a proxy and I’m trying not to be too much of an asshoke but it doesn’t change too much as the GOP has never cleaned up on the bottom couple deciles. They’ve always done well historically with the professional/small business owner class. Basically everyone like brisket and longhorn lawyer and all the other guys on here who voted GOP prior to them losing their shit over Obama and then finally being pushed out of the party over Trump. What he’s saying just isn’t historically accurate and we don’t know if it will play post Trump. I hope it won’t but fear it will. As I said in my conclusion I think separating people from each other by race as opposed to class or geography has a really corrosive affect on our country. Probably the worst thing we could do. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

Latest FNC national poll is Biden +5 (51-46), with Biden up 6 in "battlegrounds." Previous was 49-42, so both candidates gained vote share. Almost no undecideds left.

FWIW, Fox's mid-September poll in 2016 was Trump +1 (46-45) which ended up being his exact popular vote total. Moreover, the mid-September polls in general in both 2012 and 2016 ended up nailing the final result. As of 9/13/16, RCP average was Clinton +2.3 vs. final result of +2.1. 9/13/12, RCP average was Obama +3.5 vs. final result of +3.9.

Let's say we end up with a final pop vote of 52/46.5/1.5. A ~5.5 point Biden margin would be right smack dab in the middle between Obama '08 and Obama '12 and almost certainly  (>95%) result in an EC victory. 

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

Latest FNC national poll is Biden +5 (51-46), with Biden up 6 in "battlegrounds." Previous was 49-42, so both candidates gained vote share. Almost no undecideds left.

FWIW, Fox's mid-September poll in 2016 was Trump +1 (46-45) which ended up being his exact popular vote total. Moreover, the mid-September polls in general in both 2012 and 2016 ended up nailing the final result. As of 9/13/16, RCP average was Clinton +2.3 vs. final result of +2.1. 9/13/12, RCP average was Obama +3.5 vs. final result of +3.9.

Let's say we end up with a final pop vote of 52/46.5/1.5. A ~5.5 point Biden margin would be right smack dab in the middle between Obama '08 and Obama '12 and almost certainly  (>95%) result in an EC victory. 

About what I expected after both conventions. 

it seems like things have stabilized and won’t change much until after the first debate.

That's fantastic. They pulled it off, the anti-education movement worked. That moron genuinely doesn't realize that he helped pay our farmers all that money. Not the Chinese.

They don’t realize they don’t have healthcare. And they think they’re actually free.

What a triumph for the Party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

That's fantastic. They pulled it off, the anti-education movement worked. That moron genuinely doesn't realize that he helped pay our farmers all that money. Not the Chinese.

And every single one of them benefits me and my family. Yet my dumb ass votes against my own self interests in every single election to try and help them out. Thanks for the extra 3k a year I save in taxes you fucking idiots. Maybe Ill go and remodel my second solarium.

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

And every single one of them benefits me and my family. Yet my dumb ass votes against my own self interests in every single election to try and help them out. Thanks for the extra 3k a year I save in taxes you fucking idiots. Maybe Ill go and remodel my second solarium.

I’m a dumb MF.  When I was poor I voted R.  Now that I lucked into money I vote D.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

He’s really going for it.

“Assault weapons”  Semi automatic rifles?

he also disagrees with Heller decision.

Then you have top cop, and the real Presidential nominee, Kamala and her known position on guns.

It’ll be interesting to see if this plays any role in the outcome. 

• Fuck You 2

21 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

He’s really going for it.

“Assault weapons”  Semi automatic rifles?

he also disagrees with Heller decision.

Then you have top cop, and the real Presidential nominee, Kamala and her known position on guns.

It’ll be interesting to see if this plays any role in the outcome. 

Semi-auto ARs currently available to the public are very effective in doing what they are designed to do. That's the mode the average Joe uses engaged when deployed I would guess 90%+ of the time. Full auto has a myriad of disadvantages Hollywood does not illustrate.

I enjoy popping off rounds with my AR and my embarrassingly bad groupings. But we have a serious gun violence problem, and I don't blame someone who looks to do something about it. I blame the 2nd Amendment ignorant fucksticks who couldn't be bothered to enact common sense measures to curtail the mass murders. You know, like every other first world country.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Walser said:

Semi-auto ARs currently available to the public are very effective in doing what they are designed to do. That's the mode the average Joe uses engaged when deployed I would guess 90%+ of the time. Full auto has a myriad of disadvantages Hollywood does not illustrate.

I enjoy popping off rounds with my AR and my embarrassingly bad groupings. But we have a serious gun violence problem, and I don't blame someone who looks to do something about it. I blame the 2nd Amendment ignorant fucksticks who couldn't be bothered to enact common sense measures to curtail the mass murders. You know, like every other first world country.

An M4, the military equivalent to a civilian AR-15, does not have a fully auto (at least not usually) mode.  It’s semi-automatic or 3 round burst.  Also, probably the most practical use for an AR-15 other than target practice would be something like hunting hogs for the purpose of population control.  It’s an awful choice for home defense and for something like deer hunting you want a bolt action with a much larger scope.  You are correct they were designed to kill in war.  Period.  I agree regarding the gun violence issue.  I’m a strong 2nd amendment supporter but I am all for sensible gun control.  Hell you can’t go buy a claymore to plant in your home or an M203 grenade launcher so clearly there is precedent for regulating certain weapons of war, which does not lead to abolishing the 2nd amendment.  

• Hook 'Em 6

7 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

An M4, the military equivalent to a civilian AR-15, does not have a fully auto (at least not usually) mode.  It’s semi-automatic or 3 round burst.  Also, probably the most practical use for an AR-15 other than target practice would be something like hunting hogs for the purpose of population control.  It’s an awful choice for home defense and for something like deer hunting you want a bolt action with a much larger scope.  You are correct they were designed to kill in war.  Period.  I agree regarding the gun violence issue.  I’m a strong 2nd amendment supporter but I am all for sensible gun control.  Hell you can’t go buy a claymore to plant in your home or an M203 grenade launcher so clearly there is precedent for regulating certain weapons of war, which does not lead to abolishing the 2nd amendment.  

This is well put. I have a friend whose gone from hard core 2nd amendment advocate to pro sensible gun control, and it was largely based on the Supreme Court decision striking down DC gun laws and separating the right to keep and bear from the well regulated militia clause.  His argument is basically the court can’t differentiate “arms” under that theory.  He should have the right to own a howitzer or fully functional tank.

Edited by Bateshorn

On 9/13/2020 at 12:18 AM, pyrohornIII said:

Last week I heard the lady 2 doors down complaining to my neighbors about someone stealing her blue lives matter sign out of her yard. A couple days later the guy across the street had his Biden sign go missing. She replaced hers with a sign for the local PA House GOP candidate. He replaced his yard sign with two massive Biden Harris flags hanging off his deck. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Yeah.

Trump fans are gonna have an awkward moment during the second debate, when the moderator asks "President Trump, you have claimed on several occasions that Vice President Biden here, and your predecessor-President Obama, repeatedly spied on your campaign in 2015 and 2016.  Would you now, for the record, state what evidence you have to support that claim.  And based on that evidence, what legal action you plan to take to against Mr. Biden here whether he is elected or not."  

Pussies usually have a harder time lying to people's faces when the lie is about that person in particular.  

You admire a spineless coward.  Your grandfathers would weep in shame if they could see you now.